April 27, 2024, 10:36:45 PM

Author Topic: The National Intercol Thread  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The National Intercol Thread
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:01:34 AM »
EDIT
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:28:31 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: The National Intercol Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »
Tell Prez,
We Coming!!!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
look ting..wish i was home for this game...to be honest i wudnt be surprised if pres show up with more support in the stadium than CIC...nuttin we like more dan a road trip to go and party..
Go pres!
Back in Trini...

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »
pres allyuh need to win da game....plzz

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
Nah that wrong i know Naps playing the Caripachima for sure at the Mannies on Friday.  Pres playing C.I.C. tho and Malickk playin St.Augustine at the Hsleys Crawford on Thursday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 03:15:34 PM by Youth Baller »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »
when was the last time pres played cic?   i was surprised to hear that the runners up got another shot. i know the pres side will be very motivated after that heartbreaking loss last week.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »
Read first post...info updated

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »
Hmmmm, who do I dislike more, South Zone schools or CIC?
Tough choice :)

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
when was the last time pres played cic?   i was surprised to hear that the runners up got another shot. i know the pres side will be very motivated after that heartbreaking loss last week.
National Intercol semis in 1986....Pres beat saints  4-1, then went on to lose in the National Final to El Dorado (i think its was 2-1)
The National Intercol format changed some years ago with the 5 Zonal champs and the runners up from the South, North and East Zones, playing the knock out format. It was through this new format that St Anthony's although losing the North Zone Final, went on to win the National title in 2003 and 2004.
well yes

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
National Intercol semis in 1986....Pres beat saints  4-1, then went on to lose in the National Final to El Dorado (i think its was 2-1)
The National Intercol format changed some years ago with the 5 Zonal champs and the runners up from the South, North and East Zones, playing the knock out format. It was through this new format that St Anthony's although losing the North Zone Final, went on to win the National title in 2003 and 2004.

yes, i thought so but i didnt want to believe that two powerhouses such as these had played each other so few times. i do remember when the league was canceled in 96-97 journeying up to serpentine road to watch pres draw 2-2 with saints in a tournament hastily organized by principals and other lovers of secondary schools' football in T&T.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »
OK fellas, we need ah repeat of dis: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gP7HDF94qA
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
has a team from central ever one the intercol? or any national crown
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »
Hmmmm, who do I dislike more, South Zone schools or CIC?
Tough choice :)

Whey yuh is, alyuh could do is hate :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 04:24:11 PM »
It would really be funny if Saints go all the way to the finals and win. But seriously how come Saints play in the Inter-Col. Since when Senior divison teams play in intercol. If Saints could play then they should have all schools play in intercol. It is only fair.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Since when Senior divison teams play in intercol.

Since they reduce the North Zone to 7 teams
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
I still feel they should open up the intercol to all senior div. schools. like the FA.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »

Carapichaima lost in the national intercol final, jan steadman was the coach...that might be the closest ah central team came to winning ah national title...cyah remember the year, it might be 1992..whatever year belmont won the national title.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
orrite CIC, we moving on
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »
I wonder if dat game go play in tobago? Normally it only has about 1 game in tobago around quarter finals or so...den everything else does be in trinidad. But how the table working out....scarborough looking like they supposed to be the home team...and they stopped short of listing venues on the semi's. That is...provided scarborough does come through...which i very much think they will and did.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
The game was played in tobago...............

yes, i thought so but i didnt want to believe that two powerhouses such as these had played each other so few times. i do remember when the league was canceled in 96-97 journeying up to serpentine road to watch pres draw 2-2 with saints in a tournament hastily organized by principals and other lovers of secondary schools' football in T&T.

I remembered the game fari, was in form 2 at the time. It was in 96 when teachers were striking.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 06:38:14 PM »
 Lyons...I talking about the possible Scarborough/CIC matchup....if Scarborough does go through yuh know....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 07:11:24 PM »
CIC 2 PRES 2 AET..   CIC WIN 5-3 PENALTIES ;D ;D

CIC had an aright game ..hands down their worst in intercol...  Pres has a few good individuals but they are strong so they really pushed us today...if we had played really well we could have beaten them within 90 mins but we are still through

Onwards!!!!

Apparently  El Do won they game...can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:27:58 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »
CIC 2 PRES 2 AET..   CIC WIN 5-4 PENALTIES ;D ;D

CIC had an aright game ..hands down their worst in intercol...  Pres has a few good individuals but they are strong so they really pushed us today...if we had played really well we could have beaten them within 90 mins but we are still through

Onwards!!!!

confirmed...according to the school soccernet site here are the results
St. Mary's 2(5) vs Pres San F'do 2(3)
Scarborough 1 vs El Dorado 2
St. Augustine 2 vs Malick 1
well yes

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »

Onwards!!!!

ah find yuh ent mention de pres fellah who throw way a goal from under allyuh crossbar in de 2nd half of extra time... ah know yuh bamsee wink!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:20:42 PM by omarldinho »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 08:40:49 PM »

Onwards!!!!

ah find yuh ent mention de pres fellah who throw way a goal from under allyuh crossbar in de 2nd half of extra time... ah know yuh bamsee wink!

yeah dat was a scary moment...   What about when Leston hit de bar in d last minute and the chances we had throughout the game... Doe act like we get away...   overall we had the better chances and at the end of the day the better team won

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 06:59:54 PM »
Well according to schoolsoccernet Naps defeated Caps 4-3 on pk's after a 2-2 draw in extra time. So its Naps/Gustine vs CIC/El Do fuh the final.

I think this 2nd yr in a row that Naps struggled to beat Carapichaima.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

Carapichaima lost in the national intercol final, jan steadman was the coach...that might be the closest ah central team came to winning ah national title...cyah remember the year, it might be 1992..whatever year belmont won the national title.

yeh ah think yuh might be right. that belmont team was ah good one boy...marvin joseph, colin roberts...ramkisoon...ah think anton pierre was on that team too. but the game itself was more competitive than de 4-0 scoreline!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 08:23:48 PM »
The game was played in tobago...............

I remembered the game fari, was in form 2 at the time. It was in 96 when teachers were striking.

dat was my blasted last year of intercol dred!!! up to this day it does still get meh dam vex!!!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 05:27:47 AM »
New image added

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
we wining good.. boy

1]; } ?>