April 19, 2024, 04:31:30 PM

Author Topic: Peru x Brasil  (Read 2790 times)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peru x Brasil
« on: November 18, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »
Same XI for Bras.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peru x Brasil
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »
12 mins gone.

Peru looking very poised, and creating chances.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
22 mins gone, nil all.

Dunga must like Maicon. Not sure why Danny Alves doesn't start.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »
From about 20 yards, top of the area, 1 nil Brasil.
Kaka in the 42nd.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 04:31:39 PM »
60 mins in, Peru getting more of the play early in the
2nd half.
Still 1 nil Bras.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:46:38 PM »
yuh aint realize yuh talkin tuh yuhself?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
peru 1 Brasil 1 18 mins to go

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:07:20 PM »
yuh aint realize yuh talkin tuh yuhself?
;D ;D
buh I see frico tek over ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:14:02 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »
Peru 1 Brazil 1 Final score

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »
Me eh got much to do deze days so looking at d game on a South American Station.Meh son dongload some kyna ting called sopcast and ah getting football from any place on d planet.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 08:36:41 PM »
Ridiculous result for Brazil. If I am following correctly, this is only the second time ever that Peru has not lost to Brazil in qualifying. They have never won. Two draws. Couldn't get to see the game. Ended up watching pieces of Honduras v Guatemala.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »
Lost internet access at the 60th minute.

This is a very fair result for Peru, as they really did not
let Brasil play their game, and a 'so-so' result for Brasil.

As has been the norm, Argentina-Brasil will be the quinela
in South American qulifying, with Argentina winning their
home game against Brasil, and vice-versa.

The next two best at the moment can come from Paraguay,
Uruguay and Colombia. The latter is the youngest of the three,
and probably the hungriest.

As for me taliking to myself, what can I say?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
now seeing the game

Peru came out with a very effective pressing strategy on Brazil from early, rhythm dropped around 20 minutes but like the Brazilians get gun shy from always having somebody breathing down their back.

Wagner love just show why he shouldn't be playing this position (33rd). Man get dispossess outside the box, fight hard gain it back dribble two men and then hit wide with keeper beaten...As I said, he has the skill and the dedication, but a Brazilian striker knows where the net is...

Kaka just make a nice run through the mf, but Robinho control the ball too slowly and keeper come out and smother the shot
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
Beautiful shot from Kaka in the 39th with the outside of the foot from outside of the box. Keeper never move.

Peru starting to counter now, Pizarro get a free header but it was just too high for him to get there.

Now Brazil knocking it around waiting for the half to end.

The get a nice counter at the end, Ronaldhino spot Kaka with space, Kaka control nice to eliminate the defender in the corner of the box and try to lob the keeper at the far post. Keeper pull of a fingertip save to send it past the post.

At halftime, the 1-0 is meritted. Peru win the first 20 minutes but they don't get enough players forward for scoring, if Donni actually make a save is plenty - and then they get burn and left Brazil with the ball for too long - and pay the price

Wagner Love looking like he self, all flash and no bang, Kaka looking good, Robinho looking frustrated, Ronaldhino looking absent, The Brazilian defensive midfield need to step up, the defence looking solid (Lucio and MAicon in particular) but the left wing looking kinda shaky
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:30:27 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »
Since the second half, Peru looking nice playing some one touch and long swithc side ball - what they lacking for the moment is some dribbling skill  or speed/explosivity. If they could get a positive result in Quito, I would say they stand a decent chance of scraping the 5th or 4th place

Hovever the more the game goes on they seem to be lacking ideas, they coach already make 3 changes. Brazil just get three bites at the apple to make it 2-0, but the Peru GK pull of 2 good saves.

The Brazil defense looking less serene now though, they keep heading out the ball and giving it back to the Peruvians, and in the 71st minute a long shot off a corner badly cleared deflect off Lucio and beat Julio Cesar. I not sure why Doni not playing, but he would not have been able to stop it with the deflection anyway.

Robinho goes off looking as frustrated as ever, replaced by Elano

Game fizzle out after that. Brazil had two late chances before the whistle - the very last play of the game of a corner, Juan hit a header off the v of the goal with the keeper stick to the ground.

If Brazil had won, it would have been fair, but nobody can't really complain about the result

As far as it being a ridiculous result, that don't really make sense. This was Brazil's 8th match against Peru in qualifying and its 4th draw. 3 of them have come in Lima as a matter of fact, and (one of Brazil's win was on neutral territory in Colombia) As a matter of fact, in qualifying, Brazil has actually never scored more than one goal on Peru. All in it all holds to tradition
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:26:36 PM by Midknight »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »
It's early days still. There are 12 home and away matches left to be played by each team. Still too early to be decisive.

Suarez has resigned from Ecuador. On paper it's sad to see him go but that is how the cookie crumbles. The free fall from hero to zero is as good as the results.

That neither Uruguay nor Chile managed to capitalise on the Brazilian tie result will haunt them ... the extra 2 points would have served either well. Even Bielsa says they didn't deserve to win.

Welcome back Marcelo Salas! Ah know dey singing your praises in Santiago.

1]; } ?>