March 28, 2024, 06:12:44 AM

Author Topic: No challenge  (Read 1212 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
No challenge
« on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »
No challenge
Camps and company back in charge of TTFF.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

Tuesday, November 20th 2007

Incumbent president Oliver Camps will head the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) for another four years, after being nominated unopposed at the national football body's Annual General Meeting on Sunday at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya.

In fact, there were no changes to the T&TFF's executive officers, as all the returning officials were unchallenged in their bid to remain on the executive. Also returning to the executive were vice-presidents Raymond Tim Kee, Lennox Watson and Rudolph Thomas, with Richard Groden resuming his duties as general secretary, and Paula Chester-Cumberbatch assistant secretary (administration).

Only one slate of candidates--comprising the incumbents-- was nominated by the Eastern Football Association, and then seconded by the Central Football Association at the AGM.

Camps has served as president of the T&TFF now for 15 years, since taking up the position in 1992.

After securing another term, Camps told T&TFF media there is still a lot of room for improvement in T&T football.

"I am very pleased to be reappointed unopposed," he said on Sunday. "I will continue to do my best to ensure that Trinidad and Tobago's football is on the improve. We have a lot of areas to improve on and we will address those areas.

"We are indeed quite aware of these challenges and we will be having a retreat with our various officers to sit and have a recap of the past and see how we can strengthen our body for the future," Camps ended. Also on Sunday's agenda was the review of revisions to the T&TFF constitution, completed by the world football governing body FIFA, as well as a CONCACAF-approved referees' coaching programme.

The T&TFF are also in the process of planning centennial celebrations to mark their 100-year anniversary next year. This project will be spearheaded by CEO Peter O'Connor and centennial committee chairman Kenny De Silva.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: No challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »
Da headline is de greatest yes. (S)Camps and company:rotfl:

What killin' me is dis "unopposed" business. What's up wit' dat  :-[ ?
Is it fear to oppose? How does one oppose? Is it too complicated?
Is it apathy to oppose and like who really cares?
Is it "we never knew anyting was goin on, so as to register as a candidate b4 de deadline"

So wait. Next 4 years after dis 4 years .... is de same ting? Scamps fuh life? Huhhhyayai !!!!
Ah mean....what really gong orn dread?

Is it dat Scamps so chupidee dat de job looks so unattractive and there is NO possible reward perceivable fuh any prospective candidate?

Is there no pay fuh de job, and if no pay, why not? Scamps like he say he really wokin' somewhere else (Maritime?) and he glad fuh de time off to be able to try a ting for de TTFF. WDA I hearing here?

What does the Sports Minister have to say? A new Minister full of energy. Wha's de vision?
Who can do anything?
Who in the football fraternity wants change?
Which football regions in T&T have a stake in Jackula, Scamps and de Rodent returning to continue their ways?
What does Lincoln want? Does he care?
What does Anton want? does he care?
What does Fuentes want? De interview wit' him shed no light fuh me  :'(
What does Connection's Williams want? Does he care?
What does Jabloteh want? ...  What does Petrotrin want? ...  What does Nort East Stars, Caledonia, Defense Force, Police, Tobago United want?

Steuppsss!!!!        4 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Oh shims man  >:(

What is it dat Jackula giyyin' dem, dat have dem so content wit' dis kinda tata day in day out? No international games, no international exposure, player victimization, falling T&T rankings, collapsing player morale, disappearance of potential corporate sponsors, burial of the post Germany euphoria and opportunities ...............

:waiting:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:58:50 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:01:45 AM »
It doesn't say which other Associations were there. As the most important meeting in four years every member should attend, yet no mentiuon is made. There is no mention of the vote..was it unanimous, if so, who voted?

The media realy need to interview the Associations so we can understand their reasons for voting for an incompetant committee.

Yes, they oversaw WC qualyfication.

But they also have received $173 million TT, yet are broke. They've failed to arrange a viable set of matches for the senior team. They've illegally blacklisted their senior players. They've lost respect of all in T&T football. They've failed to assist local boys moving abroad. They've provided a false set of accounts to players and a govt minister. They face possible legal action if they lose the arbitration case and individual members could be imprisoned. They've failed to honour contracts. They've failed to recognise the players association, which could lead to T&T being barre from the WC qualifiers (this was Sepp Blatters threat to Russia when they denied recognition of their players association)

I'm sorry, but how the hell can these people have the confidence of the associations?

I want to know what exactly was the reason that these incompetents received an unopposed re election. 

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 03:34:49 AM »
It doesn't say which other Associations were there. As the most important meeting in four years every member should attend, yet no mentiuon is made. There is no mention of the vote..was it unanimous, if so, who voted?
The media realy need to interview the Associations so we can understand their reasons for voting for an incompetant committee.
Yes, they oversaw WC qualyfication.
But they also have received $173 million TT, yet are broke. They've failed to arrange a viable set of matches for the senior team. They've illegally blacklisted their senior players. They've lost respect of all in T&T football. They've failed to assist local boys moving abroad. They've provided a false set of accounts to players and a govt minister. They face possible legal action if they lose the arbitration case and individual members could be imprisoned. They've failed to honour contracts. They've failed to recognise the players association, which could lead to T&T being barre from the WC qualifiers (this was Sepp Blatters threat to Russia when they denied recognition of their players association)
I'm sorry, but how the hell can these people have the confidence of the associations?
I want to know what exactly was the reason that these incompetents received an unopposed re election. 

This is how the adherent of the "Special Advisor" will respond to your post:
those people in the TTFF should be given the highest honour that TnT has as they got us to the WC
that money was given back to Jackula as repayment for his initial loan to the TTFF  ::)
Dem players are Greedy so the TTFF is not paying them what was agreed upon. ::)
those local players you mention play for a team that the "Special Advisor" does not own, so salt fa dem. ::)
wha wrong wid an excell spread sheet, dais legal, ya ent need no accountant to do an audit man, "we could truss Jackula"  ::)
that FPATT is just ah bunch of greedy players and de "Special Advisor" OWNS Seep Bladder so he would never be in shit wid de FIFA folks. ::)

Kentsoulman, that is the thinking of many people, so your battle is going to be a tough one.

what I am amazed about is that nobody told the Forum about the meeting.
 Surely, there are people who post on here who knew about the meeting. ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:44:22 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>