March 28, 2024, 11:24:51 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Jamaica
« on: November 20, 2007, 08:06:32 AM »
This should be an annual event, home and away. If home and away doesnt make sense, then we should arrange for the game to be staged in one of the USA (NY area) or in the UK. How hard is it for both federations to arrange for this to happen?

Caribbean football needs this kind of exposure.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: T&T vs Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »
good idea, even if for no other reason than bragging rights

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »
Good idea.
Maybe not two though, we have to mix it up with other teams and styles of football.
Just one game each year would make it a little more special.
Play it in Miami or NY.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »
Home, Away and one on Neutral ground.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »
Home and away is good enuff for me
we ent want dem to geh too much licks in each year ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Sorry RF....we cant afford extra Shin-Pads
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
Good Idea, have it in London. (Loftus Road, Griffin Park good catchment area, Brisbane Road but just for the capacity of the stadium)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:13:28 AM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Great idea!  But I say one a year as some years we mayl have to play in competition anyway, e.g Gold Cup, Caribbean Cup and WC qualifying.  That is a rivalry we should keep alive.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:50:37 AM »
great we go beat alyuh twice a year  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »
Yeah.... tell that too Jack the Ripper

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »
This could be a big money spinning event for both federations. We saw the size crowd that viewed the Jamaica vs England game...I think it was about 70K fans. A Jamaica T&T game could pull that number. thats lots of $$ right there for both federations to share.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 01:13:42 PM »
Sorry RF....we cant afford extra Shin-Pads

lol
you like sh!t eh

Més que un club.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
I believe this will not be a good idea to have it annually, it will kill the rivalry between both countries and eventually everyone will lose interest. Keeping the rivalry status is very important to everyone involved from players, fans and federation. Both teams stand to benefit from being hardcore rivalry more than just something that will end up being a fete match.

Its time we see T&T vs Jamaica though, it due....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:30:32 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
I believe this will not be a good idea to have it annually, it will kill the rivalry between both countries and eventually everyone will lose interest. Keeping the rivalry status is very important to everyone involved from players, fans and federation. Both teams stand to benefit from being hardcore rivalry more than just something that will end up being a fete match.

by that same flawed logic fans in the UK should be tired of all the derbys in the PL then...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 04:13:57 PM »
This should be an annual event, home and away. If home and away doesnt make sense, then we should arrange for the game to be staged in one of the USA (NY area) or in the UK. How hard is it for both federations to arrange for this to happen?

Caribbean football needs this kind of exposure.
RF a lot of people here doesnt say it as they see it so I will start.. TNT Federation sucks they cant organise a game against a local Club team you think they can organise sumthin like this.. The only Time TNT plays an International game is when a Team ask dem to come play . For example El Salvador.(ElsalVador call TNT and ask dem to play because they knew they Had the reggae Boys comming up). TNT federation and government sucks. They dont gave a f**k about football In Trinidad. I live In Trinidad so I know.  I play Cricket here in De U.S and trust me it is competetive Cricket Hard ball no soft ball ting.. and My team Consist of Trini's ,Guyaneese & Dominicans. We have 84 (Indian and Pakistan )teams in de league and every year the league shuts down so That players from other teams could come see us Play our Rivals Which happens to be a full Jamican Squad.. (we does steady beat unnuh   suh doh get to hype ;)) But trus mi we look foward for that game every year. Our Team will stop play Crcket if De league told us we cya play against De Jamaican team .. Trus mi.. TNT yutes will love to play Jamaica in friendlies(Fete Match) But Jamaica have to start de ting dem need fi Bring TNT to JA and show dem what a fete Match is all about.. Then let TNT Government know dat you guys expect that the next year..  I personally will come back for those game.. The games in TNT could be held during Carnival Time and de ones innah Yard during Sting , or what ever dey call it now.. trus mi things will be nice..  TNT football is so cheap they cya even host a game against sum of de poorest Countries innah de world.. Dont you think we should have host bahrain for a thank You game on our 2nd anniversary.. and then pelt dem to bloodclaut like how dey did us when we beat dem innah Bahrain.. I wil love to see TNT playing games regular.
On another note  I stop visit de reggaeboyz forum DEM pussyhole round this site does gave me more info on De reggaeboyz than De Reggaeboyz forum does.
Alyuh fellas hear mi .. Jamaica Qualifying in 2010 because they have a structure set up .. Trinidad still aint know wey to start...
Jamaica
U.S.A
Costa Rica
Haiti
Is my 4 teams going to South Africa if TNT get dey shit together they could be there
Good Luck TNT ...
Warmonga..
I say It as I see it and who noh like it suk yu mudda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Nice and simple.........
One match per year.
Alternate home and away.
When first teams play in Jamaica, U23s and womens teams play in Trini, and vice versa.
Trophy is won by best NATIONAL performance. i.e. First team may lose, but if U23s and womens teams win, they get trophy.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »
Nice and simple.........
One match per year.
Alternate home and away.
When first teams play in Jamaica, U23s and womens teams play in Trini, and vice versa.
Trophy is won by best NATIONAL performance. i.e. First team may lose, but if U23s and womens teams win, they get trophy.

FPATT as a fund raising idea how about FPATT organize 1998 vets and our 2006 vets play in England or where is most convenient.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
E-man, we can't even get 100 people to a lime....how the hell could we get 5,000 plus to a football match!

It would cost thousands to organise and I really feel we would lose money big time.

Great idea, though.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
look ting eh RF,
Ja finally get a win in a footbll game
And u feel the Boyz ready for a T&T outing....

We'll have to check our schedule.

Oh, I forgot, we dont have one  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:59:09 PM »
lol  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »
Very good idea RF,something good must come out of such a fixture even if we learn a little bit from each other,I have always wondered why we dont do.As you pointed out a neutral venue might be just as good as home and away.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »
Yup its definitely a good idea to have it on an annual basis

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 07:44:26 AM »
If we have it once every 2 years (during non Gold Cup/Caribbean Cup years, and non WCQ hex/SF years it'll be cool.

anything else is a potential for having pullouts due to scheduled competitive matches
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Send more blitz...... !!!

Blame Boxhill !!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »

I think the only thing that would kill the rivalry is if one team wins every year.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
look ting eh RF,
Ja finally get a win in a footbll game
And u feel the Boyz ready for a T&T outing....

We'll have to check our schedule.

Oh, I forgot, we dont have one  ;D

For 4 years Jamaica's football were in the hands of a total Jackass (no not your Jack), who totally wrecked our football.  We now have a federation president who will no doubt get things back into place. The last time a full strength Jamaica team was assembled, was when we beat Uruguay 2-0 in Kingston, about 2-3 years ago. Since then, its been mostly experimenting with players who today are nowhere to be seen.

Jamaica's football is back on the move, and I will maintain it that having been through the pain of the past 4 years, there is nowhere to go but up. I look forward all the time tyo our boyz playing T&T...Its just one of those games that a RBZ fan look forward to.

Tell Jack to organise a game with the boyz..In the office or POS, doesnt make a big difference. Thats how confident I am of the new RBZ.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:17:12 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
E-man, we can't even get 100 people to a lime....how the hell could we get 5,000 plus to a football match!

It would cost thousands to organise and I really feel we would lose money big time.

Great idea, though.

Host it in Kingston. Guranteed 20K (30K easily if promoted through the right channels) fans minimum. Average ticket price to see the boyz play in the office is US$15.  thats US$300K right there.
both federations split it in two.

I believe we get some money from FSC too, seeing that they broadcast our home friendlys through FSC Jamaica.

1]; } ?>