April 16, 2024, 06:35:46 AM

Author Topic: Warriors Defense  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors Defense
« on: August 22, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »
Now i might b d only one in here to think so and i might b blinded i don't noe.In defense d warriors don't hav much options ,but 4 me Brent Sancho ent fit in d mix i mean yes he came into d USA game and made some timely interventions,but when d ball was at his feet he wasn't sure ,i must admit he has been outstanding before but ..........i say give Anton Pierre another chance.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors Defense
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:03:23 AM »
You iz ah real glad man!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:18:12 AM »
i doh know where this man come out from..u is anton pierre brother or what..he cant even make the first 20

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 08:18:55 AM »
Now i might b d only one in here to think so and i might b blinded i don't noe.In defense d warriors don't hav much options ,but 4 me Brent Sancho ent fit in d mix i mean yes he came into d USA game and made some timely interventions,but when d ball was at his feet he wasn't sure ,i must admit he has been outstanding before but ..........i say give Anton Pierre another chance.
How many recent T&T defenders have shown themselves to be very comfortable with the ball at their feet?

Me eh know what game you was watching. Sancho was one of the best players on the night. The thing I don't like about Sancho is that he overuses the slide tackle, and when he misses the ball his recovery is slow.

Anton Pierre is good in de air, reads de game well and has a powerful shot, but to imply dat he is good wit de ball at his feet is misleading. Anton is like Dog, when ge gets de ball, 8 out of 10 times he tries to make a 50 yard pass. I believe he still has a future wit de senior team, he will only be 28 next month. Believe it or not, Anton has 50 caps.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 10:08:58 AM »
The only defender I could remember that had real touches was Brian Williams.  Dat man could move the ball out of the defense smooth and nice.  How old he iz, maybe he could make a come-back.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 10:18:37 AM »
The only defender I could remember that had real touches was Brian Williams.  Dat man could move the ball out of the defense smooth and nice.  How old he iz, maybe he could make a come-back.

If yuh talking Williams yuh have to talk Faustin who was a damn good midfielder at club level and had real touches. Dexter Francis was also very compsed on the ball.

It is a moot point however as none of these men are playing football now.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:42:49 AM »
strike squad defense was far superior them fellas used to play midfield ass well their touch was much better than our current defenders...believ it or not our best defebder technically seems to be lawrence .....and the man isnt the most athletically built player so go figure..

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »
strike squad defense was far superior them fellas used to play midfield ass well their touch was much better than our current defenders...believ it or not our best defebder technically seems to be lawrence .....and the man isnt the most athletically built player so go figure..

A big part of the problem is the fact that the team is not functioning at its peak. The strike squad defenders would always look good because they were playing behind Charles, Latapy, Leonson, Yorke and company at their prime. Men would show for the ball and the team was a well-oiled machine.

No offense to the guys that we have now but they are still trying to find their feet. Dog doesn’t look as bad for Rangers in Scotland because they boss that league and he has less to do. For T&T against the US, playing the ball back to him with men pressuring, it is just asking too much for him not to make any mistakes.

I find that the defence passed and controlled the ball much better in this game than under the previous coach. Even the second half was better than the first because we had more structure and men buckled down to the task. As soon as our midfield and forward line start working properly we won’t have too much worries with defenders playing the ball.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »
Trinidad had some good defences long ago.Who could ah beat de line up of Figaro,Moraldo,Texiera and Husbands as good defenders who had ball control in de '70's.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 12:13:19 PM »
Interesting to note that in the days gone by......our defence was the weakest part of our game....especially susceptible to the cross ball.

Now we have no offence and our defence has improved IN MY OPINION...especially defending the cross ball.

Men talkin about good defence and callin Selris and dem fellas....yet whenever any English or Scottish team used to come down to T&T on vacation, dey used to wash we ass wit dem same players.  INDIVIDUALLY...we may have had better defenders, but defence is a TEAM game....always was...always will be.

That isn't to say our defence is world class....the Guatemala game alone shows you we have problems......but COLLECTIVELY...we are a better defence now than during the Strike Squad days in my opinion.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 12:51:02 PM »
Interesting to note that in the days gone by......our defence was the weakest part of our game....especially susceptible to the cross ball.

Now we have no offence and our defence has improved IN MY OPINION...especially defending the cross ball.

Men talkin about good defence and callin Selris and dem fellas....yet whenever any English or Scottish team used to come down to T&T on vacation, dey used to wash we ass wit dem same players.  INDIVIDUALLY...we may have had better defenders, but defence is a TEAM game....always was...always will be.

That isn't to say our defence is world class....the Guatemala game alone shows you we have problems......but COLLECTIVELY...we are a better defence now than during the Strike Squad days in my opinion.
I respect your opinion and reasons why T&T defence is better now,but judging our results there isn't much games that we have not been scored on,how many shotout games have we got,look at our GF and GA,i don't think that speaks well for a good defence,the few games i've seen of T&T our whole game is too slow,players run past our defenders too easily.I've stoped posting because i'll just be repeating things i've been saying all the time,i'll just wait for the end of this whole fiasco and give my views.   

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:11:36 PM »
Our defence has improved under beenie. Unfortunatle we still make mistakes that cost us the game. Every goal scored against us in WCQ and Gold Cup has been because of a defensive blunder. Having said that, we defend with more cohesion now. The errors are strictly mental.
Sancho look very good in the US game so i eh know wha glad man talkin bout. Faustin is probable one of the best with the ball at his feet that i can remember, plus he could flip and throw in d ball real far.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 01:46:52 PM »
Trinidad had some good defences long ago.Who could ah beat de line up of Figaro,Moraldo,Texiera and Husbands as good defenders who had ball control in de '70's.
you is ah real ole man boy!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »
Gladman, St Ann's have plenty of room for crazy people like u. ::)

1]; } ?>