April 19, 2024, 09:40:14 PM

Author Topic: 2nd Anniversary lime - what happened?  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2nd Anniversary lime - what happened?
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:17:27 PM »
Although all of the promised players (except Dwight) made the event last friday, unfortunately the same can't be said for the supporters.

Ian Cox & Kelvin Jack were the first players to arrive. Socapro pumped out the Soca while people on the guestlist arrived. Brent contacted me to warn me that  Kenwyne & Carlos were running a bit late due to heavy traffic from the airport.  They arrived around 9.15 with Stern.

A DVD of the Bahrain match was playing on the big screen and there was a raffle for  a signed T&T shirt as well as a few giveaways and FPATT football shirts for sale.

In total, there was around 40 people on the guestlist, but only 6 paying attendees.

Although the night was enjoyed by those there, with many staying until 3am, everyone was disapointed by the lack of support from T&T supporters.  Despite confirmations from many people, the event lost money.

I was hoping that there would have been some comments from those who attended and perhaps apologies from those who didn't.

In hindsight, we probably would have had a better attendance if we had held the event in Kent and focused on Gillingham supporters. I particularly felt sorry for Carlos and Kenwyne who flew down friday eve and flew back saturday morning at their own expense, despite playing in Falkirk on thursday evening.

Photos to follow.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Anniversary lime - what happened?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
My sincerest apologies to the Warriors, Socapro and others who put their time and energy into dis ting. Ah shame , real shame as a Trini to hear this.

FPATT dread, thanks for letting us know what happened. I thougt the UK posse was hungry for this kinda ting.  :'( :'( :'(

Sorry borse.  :-[
Hope that the pictures give some consolation and that launching them on this website of hundreds serves as the alternative crowd that never was there.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work..great to hear all who showed had a good time

is like de UK Crew like to have a sweat and be in the outdoors
a suggestion for the UK organisers: maybe the Next function could be like the time in the park...endless people showed up for that function
check this thread
endless pictures of those people who showed
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:59:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work..great to hear all who showed had a good time

is like de UK Crew like to have a sweat and be in the outdoors
a suggestion for the UK organisers: maybe the Next function could be like the time in the park...endless people showed up for that function
check this thread
endless pictures of those people who showed

Different event, different location, and we had longer time to promote.- That was a small goal football/ family day theme.

I sent my apologies for not making the event with the players, but i'm now 2 hrs away from London, so it's a difficult pull!

And for the record, the official pictures for those can be found at

http://www.thewarriornation.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,40/?g2_itemId=4949
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:33:34 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »
Fli!, you are very right, different time of year, place, and function type.
My Bad
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »
Also, you have to factor in the cost. £12 entry fee each and then £5 for a bottle of beer. However, after 10pm, there was 700 people in the club and they paid £10 per head. We thought that there would be a minimum of 50 people who could afford the prices.

Our only other option was to hold the event in a bar and then we wouldn't be able to charge entry. The whole purpose, after all, was to raise some funds.  ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
I shame oh Lord we are d diehards for heaven sake so local based do better when Shaka comes at month end
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »
FPATT...allyuh never hear bout "Waggonist" o what ???....keep going
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »
I would like to say that out of this forum, myself, "licks like fire" and G were the only ones there.

I got three of my ex co-workers to come along, as well as the photographer (still waiting on the pics).

Alot of people said they would be there, but didn't show or offer any explaination. A few Uni students wanted to come, but the money was an issue.

I was hugely disappointed with the turn out myself. But nevertheless, we had a ball till 3 am. The guys are great fun, down to earth, grass roots Trinis, and its a shame that people couldn't come out and see this side of them.

That said, the only way to get Trinis out in winter in London (from my experience) is an all night party, preferably themed, and for no more than £10 entry. So get a nice club, say there will be food on offer, call some big DJ names, and throw in the footballers in attendance, and most important - PROMOTE EARLY! You need a minimum of six weeks proper promotion to get a good turn out in London. You need to involve the party promoters (Busspepper, Babash, PoisonUK, TrinisinLondon, etc.) cause their mail out lists are massive. Otherwise, this is what happens.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:56:03 AM by redtrinigirl »
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 04:44:22 AM »
40 confrim and 6 show up. I shame but I accustom too.

FPATT welcome to what is a normal scene with T&T support. Don't beat yourself up too much on the entry fee, if more people thought it was important to be there they would have made the effort.

Yuh shoulda just call it a fete and not mention anything about football.

Sorry for Carlos and Kenwyne having to make the trip, hopefully they will be willing to participate in future events.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 06:08:58 AM »
Hello,
I made my excuses in advance as I already had tickets to go to Groove Armada.

Not many people I lime with knew about this event and also many people were going out the following night to Stern's birthday party so werent or couldnt afford two big nights out.

Also I think a lot of Trinis in London are so used to seeing these guys out they probably dont want to spend the money to go a club/party where other than footballers being there, they ahve no interest in going to ?

Now I am not trying to throw water on the idea I am trying to suggest reasons.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 06:55:29 AM »
Hello,
I made my excuses in advance as I already had tickets to go to Groove Armada.

Not many people I lime with knew about this event and also many people were going out the following night to Stern's birthday party so werent or couldnt afford two big nights out.

Also I think a lot of Trinis in London are so used to seeing these guys out they probably dont want to spend the money to go a club/party where other than footballers being there, they ahve no interest in going to ?

Now I am not trying to throw water on the idea I am trying to suggest reasons.

Hey, I know. I said before, it wasn't promoted enough, and not for long enough.

gives Love.

[

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »
Although all of the promised players (except Dwight) made the event last friday, unfortunately the same can't be said for the supporters.

Ian Cox & Kelvin Jack were the first players to arrive. Socapro pumped out the Soca while people on the guestlist arrived. Brent contacted me to warn me that  Kenwyne & Carlos were running a bit late due to heavy traffic from the airport.  They arrived around 9.15 with Stern.

A DVD of the Bahrain match was playing on the big screen and there was a raffle for  a signed T&T shirt as well as a few giveaways and FPATT football shirts for sale.

In total, there was around 40 people on the guestlist, but only 6 paying attendees.

Although the night was enjoyed by those there, with many staying until 3am, everyone was disapointed by the lack of support from T&T supporters.  Despite confirmations from many people, the event lost money.

I was hoping that there would have been some comments from those who attended and perhaps apologies from those who didn't.

In hindsight, we probably would have had a better attendance if we had held the event in Kent and focused on Gillingham supporters. I particularly felt sorry for Carlos and Kenwyne who flew down friday eve and flew back saturday morning at their own expense, despite playing in Falkirk on thursday evening.

Photos to follow.

Wow...didn't expect that.

I'm both sorry and disappointed for you and the players FPATT, but I hope you don't let this discourage you too much...but even that I know is much easier said than done.  I really thought there would have been a nice turnout.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 04:42:04 AM »
Some pics from Friday night from Trinis in London, mostly random shots. Still awaiting ours though.  :-[

http://www.trinisinlondon.com/FPATT_at_Club_CC_in_the_West_End_London_2007/index.html

gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »
dem is Nurses ?
aye, allya din tell me Carlos was STILL sick ;)

;D ;D

Great Work RTG and thanks for the Function FPATT.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:04:42 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 04:59:09 AM »
I was still glad to attend the event. Yea in agreement with everybdoy else the crowd was a bit small a real good opportunity to meet up with some of our local heros and take some pics. Kenywne Jones does look massive on tv but d man not much taller dan me. Keep up the efforts FPATT.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 05:00:06 AM »
Some pics from Friday night from Trinis in London, mostly random shots. Still awaiting ours though.  :-[

http://www.trinisinlondon.com/FPATT_at_Club_CC_in_the_West_End_London_2007/index.html

Awesome work RTG. Real real nice pics. Thanks. Ah feel a li'l better now as ah see de boys smiling and enjoyin' deyself
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 05:07:33 AM »

Awesome work RTG. Real real nice pics. Thanks. Ah feel a li'l better now as ah see de boys smiling and enjoyin' deyself

Yuh mean awsome work FPATT, I was just a guest.  ;D

gives Love.

[

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 10:24:18 AM »
I would like to say that out of this forum, myself, "licks like fire" and G were the only ones there.

I got three of my ex co-workers to come along, as well as the photographer (still waiting on the pics).

Alot of people said they would be there, but didn't show or offer any explaination. A few Uni students wanted to come, but the money was an issue.

I was hugely disappointed with the turn out myself. But nevertheless, we had a ball till 3 am. The guys are great fun, down to earth, grass roots Trinis, and its a shame that people couldn't come out and see this side of them.
That said, the only way to get Trinis out in winter in London (from my experience) is an all night party, preferably themed, and for no more than £10 entry. So get a nice club, say there will be food on offer, call some big DJ names, and throw in the footballers in attendance, and most important - PROMOTE EARLY! You need a minimum of six weeks proper promotion to get a good turn out in London. You need to involve the party promoters (Busspepper, Babash, PoisonUK, TrinisinLondon, etc.) cause their mail out lists are massive. Otherwise, this is what happens.

RTG, that could go down as one of the understatement of the year...
Them fellas is really something else to lime with oui...
I wouldn't be surprised if Stern didn't start up a bottle and spoon session with Jack and rest of them.

When Jack got married in June this year, we had a ball...they had to run we from the reception and Stern was the ring leader  ;D

I have pics if anybody interested...ah done get Jack permission too to post up.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »

RTG, that could go down as one of the understatement of the year...
Them fellas is really something else to lime with oui...
I wouldn't be surprised if Stern didn't start up a bottle and spoon session with Jack and rest of them.

When Jack got married in June this year, we had a ball...they had to run we from the reception and Stern was the ring leader  ;D

I have pics if anybody interested...ah done get Jack permission too to post up.

Well if yuh have permission post dem nuh...either here or on WN.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »
I would post them up in a separate thread so as to not to confuse this one.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
Great pics...glad to see the fellas enjoying themselves, the disappointment aside.

FPATT who is dat woman ah see yuh hug up so...careful she husband ent come looking fuh yuh, lol.

Loving de white FPATT shortsleeve shirt  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
I would post them up in a separate thread so as to not to confuse this one.
No scenes man...we does see them hustling on de pitch but always nice to get a casual glance of de fellas.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
weeeeeys! Even Stern older siblin was havin ah time.  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »
Great pics...glad to see the fellas enjoying themselves, the disappointment aside.

FPATT who is dat woman ah see yuh hug up so...careful she husband ent come looking fuh yuh, lol.

Bakes, I am her husband  ;)

We had shirts specially made by Vandanel, our kit supplier. They will be available on our website

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

Bakes, I am her husband  ;)

We had shirts specially made by Vandanel, our kit supplier. They will be available on our website

Figured as much...I'm sure Mrs. FPATT was there to make sure yuh behave yuhself, lol.

I'll definitely be getting one of those shirts when they become available then...:beermug:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
I apologise for not coming. I know people will say ''oh you hardly turn up anyway'' thats your business.

I did want to go but It wasn't about going to another WN function by myself again I did invite people (Students from Trinidad) but they couldn't make up their mind Also I had to go france 4am in the morning then Krosfyah later (which was planned a whole month before) and I didn't want this to happen again:
Random Trini: You have a English accent how long you been up here
SGB: I was Born here.
Random Trin: what part of Trini your family from.
SGB:MY family are from X, Y & Z (Not TRINIDAD)
RT: Oh *turns body away from me*
I wouldn't generalise on one experince but that did happen.LOL.

I hope those who attended had a good time (It sounds as if you did)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 03:36:02 PM »
Krosfyah ? 2 hrs drive? £12 ? Grove Armada ? 6 + weeks notice ? any excuse barrin death (meh own)?   :o
If Mrs G read this, show go think I is ah madman for real yes....maybe I am
 :( ...cause I was tryin to be dey, (an one ah d lil ones get sick,an ah say ah go be back in 2/3 days,  an she remind meh, "oh, yuh boss say ah have no time orf left, an ah say "ah callin in sick)...an dat is when ah realize it have ah barrin death excuse    :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »
Real nice pics
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »
Krosfyah ? 2 hrs drive? £12 ? Grove Armada ? 6 + weeks notice ? any excuse barrin death (meh own)?   :o
If Mrs G read this, show go think I is ah madman for real yes....maybe I am
 :( ...cause I was tryin to be dey, (an one ah d lil ones get sick,an ah say ah go be back in 2/3 days,  an she remind meh, "oh, yuh boss say ah have no time orf left, an ah say "ah callin in sick)...an dat is when ah realize it have ah barrin death excuse    :rotfl:

Yeah I feel bad for not going but I didn't want to go myself 1st of all or and not get up for france lol.

1]; } ?>