April 24, 2024, 02:19:01 AM

Author Topic: Jamaica vs Gautemala  (Read 3304 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Jamaica vs Gautemala
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
half time JA leading 2 nil game on fsc live
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica vs Gautemala
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:01:57 PM »
Look wha jamaica doing to guatemala lol we need to hurry up else is we next they coming for
bajanscout

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:14:51 PM »
half time JA leading 2 nil game on fsc live
guatemala good for about 5 easy. this game look like a school boy game.. Reggaeboyz toying wid Guatemala
war..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:40:35 PM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 08:15:33 PM »
It is finally here! Sportsmax on digital cable here in T&T.

To all the football peongs now, non-stop football.

Channel 314 on Flow.

I think this month it free, hadda pay from next month.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:22:02 PM »
It is finally here! Sportsmax on digital cable here in T&T.

To all the football peongs now, non-stop football.

Channel 314 on Flow.

I think this month it free, hadda pay from next month.
well maybe yu go get lucky and see TNT play an international friedly on TV before we statr de qualifiers..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Game report
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 05:52:06 AM »
TWO first-half goals by Ricardo Fuller and Omar Daley in the 10th and 22nd minutes propelled Jamaica to a convincing 2-0 win over Guatemala in their international friendly at the National Stadium last night.

The Reggae Boyz were scoring their second win inside "The Office" in four days as the new Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) administration kick-started their preparation for the 2010 World Cup campaign.

The Jamaicans, just as they did against El Salvador on Sunday, took control early and never looked back.

Daley broke free in the second minute down the right flank, but his cross was well held by goalkeeper Luis Molina. Two minutes later, Luton Shelton got the first real chance of opening the scoring but he headed down into the ground and over the bar.

But it didn't take the Reggae Boyz much longer to open the scoring. Fuller charged down a defender and showed good pace before chipping over the advancing goalkeeper Molina in the 10th minute.

Jamaica continued to dominate and Christopher Jackson and Demar Phillips combined well down the left flank to open up the Guatemala backline, but Jackson's searching cross couldn't find a Reggae Boy.

Striker Shelton was replaced by Dane Richards in the 20th minute after picking up a knock earlier.

However, the fans didn't have to wait long, as in the 22nd minute the impressive Austin found Daley down the right flank and the Bradford City midfielder cut inside his defender before calmly firing home to double Jamaica's lead.

Richards, who plays for New York Red Bull in the USA, showed good pace and skill and may have thought he earned a penalty in the 27th minute, but the referee didn't think so.

Central midfielder Oneil Thomspon then dragged a left-footer wide from just outside the box, then Richards found himself with a free header and couldn't hit the target from a Daley corner kick.

The half ended 2-0 as Guatemala offered very little in offence.

A Thompson header in the 51st minute from a corner kick, sailed across the goal to kick start the second period.
Goodison on his 35th birthday picked up a yellow card in the 59th minute after getting entangled with Serlvin Motta. He was later substituted four minutes later in the 63rd minute.

It ended a decent comeback by the veteran defender.
Richards, whose pace troubled the Guatemalan defence all night, broke free down the right flank and played a perfect ball into the path of Phillips, who miraculously kicked high from close range. It should have been 3-0.

Moments later, Austin's pile-driver whistled just wide of the upright. Every time Austin collects the ball, the crowd buzzed with expectation of a torrid shot after he made his mark with a tremendous goal on Sunday against El Salvador.

Jamaica - Donovan Ricketts, Oneil Thompson, Rudolph Austin, Christopher Jackson (Wolry Wolfe 60th), Ian Goodison (Sean Fraser 63rd), Tyrone Marshall, Shavar Thomas (Demar Stewart 45th), Omar Daley (Ricardo Geddes 60th), Demar Phillips, Luton Shelton (Dane Richards 20th), Ricardo Fuller.

Subs not used: Richard McCullum, Rafei Wolfe, Khari Stephenson, Damion Williams, Fabian Taylor

Booked: Goodison 59th, Thompson 83rd

Guatemala - Luis Molina, Gustavo Cabrera, Yony Flores, Nestor Martinez, Leonel Noreiga (Saul Matta 54th), Rigoberto Gomez (Serlvin Motta 26th), Dwight Pezzarossi (Transito Montepeque 70th), Claudio Alvisuris, Fredy Thompson, Carlos Quinonez, Lester Ruiz (Cotto Aroldo 35th).

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 07:46:16 AM »
Congrats to Jamaica.  :applause: Guatemala geh taught a lesson to respect a caribbean team. Daiz good. Jamaica DEFINITELY geyyin dey act together with Carl Browm, Burrell and de progressive posse that removed corrupt impotent Boxhill in stark contrast to dese stinkin' kakahole TTFF administrators. Forumites...it's almost too late ... so spare me de painful name-calling later, especially if yuh could see it comng now, right before yuh very eyes. 
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »
Saw a fair portion of the match and Jamaica looked good.  Composed, purposeful and confident on a heavy, water logged pitch.  RBZ might be getting their footing back to charge to the head of the class in the Caribbean. :applause: :applause:

Blessed
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
Anytime a Caribbean team beat a Central American team I see it as impeovement and cant wait for the day when TT and Jam  takes the place of Mexico and all the others in CONCACAF.I am hoping that TT can follow Jamaica when they get their house in order but time is slipping away, I may have to get my Reggaeboyz 98 top out of the retirement.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 10:23:22 AM »
Anytime a Caribbean team beat a Central American team I see it as impeovement and cant wait for the day when TT and Jam  takes the place of Mexico and all the others in CONCACAF.I am hoping that TT can follow Jamaica when they get their house in order but time is slipping away, I may have to get my Reggaeboyz 98 top out of the retirement.
Big up the Reggae boyz for real...I feel a tinge of jealousy in that WE should be playing and beating up on teams as well but say what..large up de caribbean massive same way.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:39 AM »
Let me just say this. Men Like Jack Warner and Horace Burrell are not given the credit they should in their respective countries. Yes, Jack is a bit shady, but the good these men do for football in their respective countries far outweighs the bad. We all saw what happened to Jamaica's football 4 th epast 4 years when Burrell left the scene...I dare to think the same will happen to T&T football if Jack is not around.

As I posted the other day, I hope both federations can agree on something to have an annual match between both nations. we should all feed off each other. Until the likes of Haiti, Cuba etc show up and be counted, the caribben has to do it through Ja and T&T, and both Burell and Warner have a HUGE rloe to play.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 10:56:16 AM »
congrats to Guatemala.....but seriously.2 good results for the Jamdowns...2 clean sheets and 5 goals scored...allyuh keep tappa in charge nah...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 10:57:53 AM »
gettin real real scary.  the digicel team mightn't be able to handle this jamaica squad...and ah was real real plannin to see T&T in SA.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
congrats to Guatemala.....but seriously.2 good results for the Jamdowns...2 clean sheets and 5 goals scored...allyuh keep tappa in charge nah...

Tappa will be the first to tell you that this thing is bigger than him. He will play an assitant role to whoever takes over. right now the contenders are Simoes and Daniel. Pasarella (currently coach or River plate). I somewhat feel sorry for Bora, as I think if he had Burrell behind him, he would probably keep his job for the next 4 years. But he was lead by a very incompetent federation under Boxhill, and he got the hard end of the stick as a result.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »
Pasarella as an option is intriguing. I don't think he's the most compelling candidate that a Jamaica could attract. His success in the managerial ranks has been spotty and definitely outside of Argentina he has had moderate success at best.

I know Simoes is the sentimental/logistical favourite for most. But if that wasn't to manifest find one a dem solid coaches who are not household names but has pedigree and would be cheaper.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »
gettin real real scary.  the digicel team mightn't be able to handle this jamaica squad...and ah was real real plannin to see T&T in SA.

I know yuh joking .......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
Since about 1999, this is about the second time I agree with RF.
Ja shoulda stuck with Bora.

If he had Burelli backing, Ja woulda go places.

I remember in 1994, TT walked over and beat the USA in POS, then that same US team beat Ja 3-0 in Kingston a few days later.
Simoes stuck with it and look what happened.
Bora is a quality coach.

U think anyone will remember a loss to Vietnam or 1-8 to Iran when yard reach South africa 2010? U think anyon remembered the 0-3 vs USA in Kingston 94 when they qualify for France in 98?

But that is politics.

Its called cleaning house.
Burelli has everything to lose and nothing to gain if Ja qualify for the WC in 2010 if he stuck with Bora.

Same way the TT govt has nothing to gain and everything to...... Aneway lemme dont say anything yet.

WHat I will say is that politics come before any WC appearance, and that may be the phrase come october 2009....

Some of u all might not see it, but there is a serious piece of political victory that recently happened with Jack and Burelli winning back the JFF presidency.
U think is coincidence that Burelli was on the plane with Jack on the charter to Bahrain 2 years ago,( for those who bought ATO's DVD) drinking and celebrating even before the plane touch down in Bahrain......
U think is coincidence that Jack aka CONCACAF/FIFA threaten the JFF with sanctions when they failed to send an U17 team to TT last year for the regional competition (when the JFF was under the charge of Burelli's nemesis Boxhill)?
U think is coincidence that Burelli sat on the FIFA disciplinary commitee since 2005, even when he was not the JFF president?
U think is coincidence that jack get a slap on the wrist FIFA disciplinary commitee when they had all that WC 2006 ticket dramas with his son supposedly taking the blame.

Sometime I really think that footballing prowess is secondary to the politics that going on to determine who succeeds and who fails.

There is so much more to this thing than meets the eye.

But congrats to Ja. They looked very good vs Guatemala.

As much as I dont want to say it, at some times when they were attacking, they looked almost Trinidadesque in nature...fast, brisk, flowing and attacking football, with the sprinkling of individual skill (the caps/piles especially).....and even the trademark missing the open goal from 12 yards out, eg Philips in the dying moments.

The WC draw this weekend will be very VERY interesting.

One thing we can count on for both teams....The road to South Africa passes directly through Port of Spain and Kingston.
RF will get his wish sooner rather than later.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »
Interesting points Trini ...de Jackula/Burrell business seems to be true.  It certainly crossed my mind.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rene returns
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 05:56:44 AM »
Rene returns
BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sports Editor williamss@jamaicaobserver.com
Friday, November 23, 2007

FROM all indications, Brazilian coach Professor Rene Simoes will return to lead Jamaica's charge to the World Cup Finals in South Africa in 2010.

SIMOES... guided Jamaica to 1998 World Cup Finals
Even before Captain Horace Burrell retook the reins of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) just over two weeks ago, he had indicated that Simoes was his target man to succeed the sacked Serb-born Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic.

A report which appeared on the Brazilian sports website Lancenet.com.br yesterday, quoted the charismatic Brazilian confirming his return.

"Jamaica is not from the Arab world where one could make a lot of money. However, I love the people and that is why I will return," the report quoted Simoes as saying.

Burrell and JFF general secretary Horace Reid were en route to South Africa for the preliminary draw for the World Cup qualifying series yesterday and could not be reached for comment.
When contacted last evening, first vice-president Dale Spencer declined to comment, and referred this reporter to Burrell.

But since the news of Simoes' possible return started to circulate locally, the JFF has never denied that they were going after their man - the mustachioed Brazilian who led Jamaica to a historic qualification to the 1998 World Cup Finals in France.
With negotiations well advanced, it seemed only a matter of time before Simoes would be back with his old team of Burrell and Reid.

The delay in formally announcing Simoes as the new TD was seemingly due to the fact that he had a contractual arrangement with Serie B Brazilian outfit Coritiba, who earned promotion to Serie A and will play their final game of the season against Santa Cruz tomorrow.
A victory would seal the second division title for them.
The website report stated that "technical director Rene Simoes will return to Jamaica in 2008".

That report also stated that he had received other offers, but opted for Jamaica because of "the good relationship that exists between himself and that country".

With Jamaica's football ranked at an undesirable 103 (the lowest ever), the inactivity of the senior team and general feeling of disenchantment of the football constituency brought on by the Crenston Boxhill administration, the return of Burrell at the helm of the JFF has sparked a revival in the nation's football.

And certainly, the acquisition of the affable Simoes will add spark to the flagging 'Back to Africa' campaign, which has been reignited with two friendly internationals in four days this week where 'strong' Boyz teams defeated El Salvador 3-0 on Sunday and Guatemala 2-0 on Wednesday before massive crowds inside 'The Office'.

Former Reggae Boy and World Cup veteran Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore acted in an interim capacity for both games and is the man who is largely expected to be Simoes' assistant when that time comes.

The 54-year-old Brazilian, who captured the imagination of the Jamaican people with his 'down-to-earth' demeanour and 'Jesus Saves' T-shirts, has coached extensively before and after boarding the 'Road to France' train. Immediately before joining Jamaica he was in charge of Brazil's Under-20 men's team and Al Rayyan FC of Qatar.

Other teams managed:

1994-2000 - Jamaica
2001-2002 - Trinidad
2004 - Brazil Women's
(Olympics silver medal)
2004-2005 - Vitoria FC
(Cup of Portugal)
2006 - Iran Under-23
(Asian Games bronze)
2007 - Coritiba

1]; } ?>