April 29, 2024, 03:04:55 AM

Author Topic: T&T football pay dispute to end soon.  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T football pay dispute to end soon.
« on: November 23, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »
T&T football pay dispute to end soon.
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

LONDON–The dispute between T&T football authorities and senior members of their national squad could be resolved soon.
Jack Warner, special adviser to the T&T Football Federation (T&TFF), said the matter, which has torn T&T football apart, was expected to go to arbitration here shortly. The players are suing the T&TFF over monies allegedly owed them, arising out of the World Cup in Germany last year. The T&TFF have maintained the players have received their share of the profits.
The Concacaf boss and Fifa vice-president said whatever the outcome, he believed the T&TFF had taken the right stance on the issue.
“The matter with the players goes to arbitration in England very soon and whatever the outcome, I am still convinced that the Football Federation has been correct in their dealing with the players and in the end common sense will prevail,” said Warner.
He was speaking en route to South Africa where he will attend the preliminary draw for the 2010 World Cup.
Warner said while there, he would meet with Fifa president Sepp Blatter to discuss several Concacaf issues.
“As of now I will head off to the draw which I hope will be a very good one for the teams in Concacaf and especially T&T and even England,” Warner said.
“I also intend to meet with Mr Blatter and discuss with him several matters affecting Concacaf including the poor state of refereeing.” (CMC)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 07:24:39 AM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football pay dispute to end soon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
I will be following very closely. Very closely indeed. Good one Victor.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:40:56 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:54:31 PM »
Believe it when KJ etal take d field in a TNT uniform
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »
i doh want it end soon. i want it end NOW!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>