April 28, 2024, 06:58:29 PM

Author Topic: Jack: England’s Euro omission not surprising.  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack: England’s Euro omission not surprising.
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:59:40 AM »
TT Newsday Reports.
[/size]

FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner is not at all surprised by England’s failure to qualify for the 2008 Euro Championship. Warner is currently in London on his way to Durban, South Africa, for the 2010 preliminary World Cup draw.
England were beaten 3-2 by Croatia on Wednesday, knocking them out of next year’s series, confirming their absence from a major tournament for the first time since the 1994 World Cup in the United States.
Earlier this month UEFA president Michel Platini told the BBC he was far from certain that England deserve to host the football World Cup in 2018.
Platini said then, he would definitely back a European bid but that England still needed to “convince” him.
This followed just weeks after Warner expressed similar sentiments on a BBC programme which was subsequently widely criticised. Warner is advising that the English should take a closer look at themselves.
“I’m not surprised because in football England has not been having good days of late and if Mr (Andrew) Jennings and his friend in Trinidad would spend more time analysing the errors of English football and less on the FIFA and me, they will be doing English football much good service,” Warner stated.
“The England economy has just lost £2 (two) billion by failing to qualify according to English marketing expert Jeremy Baker and that tells you about the power of football and that is one that every Government should take note of.
“As of now I will head off to the draw which I hope will be a very good one for the teams in Concacaf and especially Trinidad and Tobago and even England. I also intend to meet with Mr (Sepp) Blatter and discuss with him several matters affecting Concacaf including the poor state of refereeing.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack: England’s Euro omission not surprising.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
Jack need to learn to shut he ass and let people like him.  Andrew Jennings investigating the bobol that he running in Trinidad does not impact English football in any way.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 08:09:47 AM »
TT Newsday Reports.
[/size]

“The England economy has just lost £2 (two) billion by failing to qualify according to English marketing expert Jeremy Baker and that tells you about the power of football and that is one that every Government should take note of.

I wonder if this ringing a bell for anybody,POWER OF FOOTBALL.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »
Great reason to treat TnT footballers badly, eh Jackula......where is the 173 Million TT?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:17:53 AM »
TT Newsday Reports.
[/size]

A president Michel Platini told the BBC he was far from certain that England deserve to host the football World Cup in 2018.
Platini said then, he would definitely back a European bid but that England still needed to “convince” him.

I wonder if he means £s or euros

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
TT Newsday Reports.
[/size]

A president Michel Platini told the BBC he was far from certain that England deserve to host the football World Cup in 2018.

I wonder if he means £s or euros

:rotfl: Fuh real!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 01:13:26 PM »
Europe in 2018 but nut d Mother Country who then? France in 98, Germany in 06 who lookin forward to a Trini posse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »
Wow, Jack really knows how to win friends and influence people; I definitely want to be more like him.

1]; } ?>