April 19, 2024, 12:15:29 AM

Author Topic: Latapy would 'jump' at St. Johnstone job.  (Read 7855 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy would 'jump' at St. Johnstone job.
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:28:56 AM »
Latapy would 'jump' at St. Johnstone job.
By: Iain Collin (The Scotsman).

Falkirk playmaker Russell Latapy would 'jump' at the chance of breaking into management with St Johnstone after being named as a possible successor to Owen Coyle.
Coyle has been appointed as the new Burnley manager on a lucrative three-and-a-half-year deal and the Trinidadian has emerged as an early candidate to fill the vacancy at McDiarmid Park. Latapy, 39, is currently first-team coach with the Bairns, and has been cutting his managerial teeth in charge of the reserve side this season.
Latapy said: "I love playing football and I'm very happy here at Falkirk, but it's always been my intention to get into management and, if the right opportunity comes up, I would jump at it. St Johnstone is a very, very good team, with a good stadium and good working conditions. That's one of the teams you would like to start with.
"If the right opportunity comes up, it would definitely be a situation I would have to speak over with Falkirk and take it from there.
"But everybody at Falkirk understands it has always been my intention, from the first day I came here and started with the coaching, that I would like to get into management."
Falkirk head coach John Hughes insists he will not stand in the way of Latapy if the Perth club want to speak to the former Hibs, Rangers and Dundee United player.
Hughes said: "Russell has a massive part to play at Falkirk, but the next step is for him to go into management. I think he deserves a shot and, if it's at St Johnstone, then so be it.
"I would not stand in his way. He would be sorely missed, that's for sure, but there's going to come a time when we're going to have to do it without him."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:06:33 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy would 'jump' at St. Johnstone job
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »
Excellent movements there...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy would 'jump' at St. Johnstone job.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
Good luck RL. If successful, next move TT management!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »
latas...hold on...i coming over to se you "PLAY" in 2008....nnnooooooooooooooo
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
I think Latas too young !!!!  :devil:
just cutting one through Palos's grasp in de slips  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
Latas meh boi I wit u what ever u decide
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
I hope Latas is a smart man.  As long as Jack Warner runnin tings, stay far far away from T&T Football breddrin.  Ah beggin yuh!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »
U 4get Daryan, and darryl by d time he could rn we football he go b d Don age
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 02:05:27 PM »
U 4get Daryan, and darryl by d time he could rn we football he go b d Don age

Ah taking dis thread wid ah  ;D and wid ah  :(. Ah smiling cuz it is ah real nice move tuh get ah foot in de door for management for bigger club and countries and of course de big picture there is dat all de yutes and dem in T&T, dat have de talent and may not get ah fair trial out dey in Europe, cuz dey from a lil island in de West Indies, well St Johnstone will de door fuh we lil T&T bois tuh put some foreign dollars in dey pocket and get some experience in Europe. Doh get meh wrong, ah doh expect him tuh pack up de team wid ah bunch ah T&T players just bcuz he from T&T, dat will not be smart, cuz he have tuh put de best team out dey and get results, or else he will loose his job. Secondly, ah sad cuz if de man get dat job, de real Latapy lovers like Big Mag, myself, etc, we cud kiss de general goodbye fuh sure, as far as playing T&T again. Ah doh see him coming tuh help we on de field fuh de WCQ, and he have dat huge responsibility as de boss in St. Johnstone. Ah wud sell any ah meh personal belongings tuh see Latapy play fuh we in de 2010 WCQ, but ah will not think dat selfish, tuh even mention his name fuh dat, if he get de job at St. Johnstone. Best of luck Latapy. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 04:10:08 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
Premature to talk seriously about Latas as our national team mgr. Ah figure he sees it that way too. He's perfectly poised to cut his teeth deeper in the club ranks of European football.

There are options to explore in Scotland, and while England will present obstacles, he may have possibilities in Portugal.

I eh too much in a hurry for him to deal with our nat'l set-up.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »
pack up de team with Trinis......he pack up falkirk with Portugese...check it

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »

theobald, rahim and samuel all get stints at falkirk too.  never pan out for whatever reasons

samuel was probably there before latas

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »

theobald, rahim and samuel all get stints at falkirk too.  never pan out for whatever reasons

samuel was probably there before latas
Actually, I would say that Samuel's stint at Falkirk was his most successful as a professional player. Clubs was chasing him down. In hindsight, ah tink he leave Falkirk too early. He and Latas were only together at Falkirk for a month.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
agreed tallman

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 01:39:09 PM »
Premature to talk seriously about Latas as our national team mgr. Ah figure he sees it that way too. He's perfectly poised to cut his teeth deeper in the club ranks of European football.

There are options to explore in Scotland, and while England will present obstacles, he may have possibilities in Portugal.

He doh have one game under his belt as coach and allyuh calling for him to be a national coach ??? Fellas be serious. I would put him in charge of the u-17 before anything

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 04:34:46 PM »

He doh have one game under his belt as coach and allyuh calling for him to be a national coach ??? Fellas be serious. I would put him in charge of the u-17 before anything

I definitely agree wid yuh suggestion dey, and dat is coming from ah man dat love Latapy tuh death as ah player. When his opportunity come tuh be on de national set up, ah want him tuh be sucessfual, just as he was when he was playing. Ah wud he hurt big time, tuh see him fail as de national team coach, and dey end up firing him. Remember not all good or great players are good coach/mananger. So wid dat said we have tuh take it one step at ah time, pray and hope de general become ah godd or great coach. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 05:22:01 PM »
fellas, RL has alot of exprience as player. his been teaching the youth from club and i guess day like the vibes. i think he should get a chance!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 09:19:21 PM »
Dear Latas,

Take yuh time and enjoy your successes abroad at your own speed in a nice environment where you are appreciated. Stay far from T&T fuh at least 10 years, then you could do a recheck.

All T&T means right now is:

1. No salary fuh months and no food on de table fuh yuh wife and kids. And if yuh get a salary, it will be extremely low fuh you (especially as a local) since as far as the powers at be see it, you ent wort' shit.
2. Risking Jackula calling you a traitor again if you don't step to his tune of corruption and lack of ethics.
3. Damaging yuh reputation with poor resources, disappearing funds earmarked for the team and inactivity without international games and very poor preparation time when Jackula annouces 1 week before that he just brokered some backroom deal to play some shit side.
4. Getting embroiled with character assassination when Edgar Vidale, Corneal, Fenwick, McComie start circling like a bunch of voracious hyenas waiting to finish you off.
5. A media that does not care.
6. Bandwaggonism that will only come to life if we are 1 game from qualifying for 2010
7. Demoralizing empty stadia
8. Unkept facilities with more unregulated ragga soca fetes to complete the destruction of Hasely Crawford pitch this Carnival season.
9. The list goes on and on......
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:33:18 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 09:33:55 PM »
fellas, RL has alot of exprience as player. his been teaching the youth from club and i guess day like the vibes. i think he should get a chance!

Get ah chance at what? Be specific nah, cuz if yuh talikng about we national team, ah go tell yuh one time, doh try and set up meh idol fuh failure. Just leave him alone tuh grow nice and slow in de managent world and make we proud as ah Trinbagonian nah. Now if yuh talking about St Johnstone, ah will say yes and support yuh post, of course de magician need ah chance tuh show de world his coaching ability. We all know what he can do wid de ball at his feet, well de time have come tuh show us his management skills. We all love de magician and wish him well, but remember not because he was and still is an excellent player, dat doh say he will be an excellent coach. WE just have tuh pray and hope every thing go well fuh him, cuz if things go well out in Europe, well we all know what team he will be coaching next  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline MickBairn

• New Warrior
  • The Wee Magician
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »
Latas is coaching the Falkirk reserve team at the moment :), I don't know how much longer that will be but, his next step will be management, whether it is St. Johnstone or another team. It's been a pleasure to watch him for the last 5 years in the navy blue of Falkirk and I wish the wee magician :notworthy: all the best when he does leave.

1]; } ?>