April 25, 2024, 09:47:19 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF GROUPS  (Read 16526 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF GROUPS
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »
Everyboday going crazy on this post. Before everybody pick they own team and then start cussin' one another, they have to find out what is Jack next move. Is is going to settle this impasse now and let Wim start to do his job(or fire him). Eveybody saying we not doing this, we not doing that. JA doing this, USA doing that. When it comes to TT. What is Jack doing?  All I seeing so far is mamaguy and hot air. As far as I am concern, the players impasse is the first item on the agenda. Anything else is trivial. Give the players what is due to them. NOW!!!!! When that is settled then  we can start talking about team selection and  preparing for the WC.

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »
I for one worried about our group!

the difficulty of a group is often determined by the strength of the 3rd team, and in cuba and guatemala, we have some seriously tricky fixtures there... last time, after mexico, we had st. vincent and some other shit side in we group (which we had difficulty to negotiate if i remember well enough), but now is tough games down de line..

People like dey forget the progress Cuba has been making and their performances at the Digicel cup.. they cannot be overlooked and i could easily see them springing a few surprises.  And we all know about how dangerous an opponent Guatemala can be, and how they will be playing us with a chip on their shoulder given that they were the ones who suffered as a result of our late charge in the last WCQ campaign..

Most worrying is that we are doing absolutely nothing in the way of preparation while other teams getting their acts in order.. Is like we expecting a side to just show up on de day... furthermore, how easy will it be getting our best players here for the earlier round fixtures??

one thing for certain, it wont be easy for us to get to the hex..

Cuba and Guatemala are both garbage.  Canada pounded Guatemala 3-0 at the Gold Cup, while Honduras beat Cuba 5-0. 

T&T in the Hex from this easy group.

You easily say that Cuba and Guatemala are garbage because of what happened at the Gold Cup!? With all due respect, what happened to Trinidad & Tobago then?

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »

the difficulty of a group is often determined by the strength of the 3rd team, and in cuba and guatemala, we have some seriously tricky fixtures there... last time, after mexico, we had st. vincent and some other shit side in we group (which we had difficulty to negotiate if i remember well enough), but now is tough games down de line..

People like dey forget the progress Cuba has been making and their performances at the Digicel cup.. they cannot be overlooked and i could easily see them springing a few surprises.  And we all know about how dangerous an opponent Guatemala can be, and how they will be playing us with a chip on their shoulder given that they were the ones who suffered as a result of our late charge in the last WCQ campaign..

Most worrying is that we are doing absolutely nothing in the way of preparation while other teams getting their acts in order.. Is like we expecting a side to just show up on de day... furthermore, how easy will it be getting our best players here for the earlier round fixtures??

Cuba and Guatemala are both garbage.  Canada pounded Guatemala 3-0 at the Gold Cup, while Honduras beat Cuba 5-0. 

You easily say that Cuba and Guatemala are garbage because of what happened at the Gold Cup!? With all due respect, what happened to Trinidad & Tobago then?

Guatemala & Cuba are garbage (relative of course), next to the likes of Canada, Jamaica, and Honduras.  Even JW has said you have an easy group and due to the draw, should make the Hex.  That is the understatement of the year.

T&T fielded a complete B-squad during the Gold Cup, and in no way indicative of their true team.  I think many of the T&T players on the fence will be bolstered by their easy group draw.  T&T essentially has a free pass to the Hex, while Canada, Jamaica, Honduras and Mexico will have to fight through a group harder than the Hex.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
Winnwpeg Fury,
                        While I admire your confidence about TT sweeping Guat and Cuba in the 2nd round, I have to be  a  bit hesitant. If the impasse is over with quickly and they set up some friendlies, then we can access whether TT can sweep anybody. Them men need match practice badly.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
I think alyuh no if we play jamaica they will demolish us that's y alyuh never want we to clash to save ourself the embarrassment and with d c or b team if we don't have an a team we aint goin no where so vote for my selection   :beermug:

:arguing:

Die.hard, ah now see yuh avatar man, it is not de girls type of avatar ah like, but it real cool doh  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:16:15 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »
allyuh fail to realize that all teams are not easy to beat, but its the quality of players on the field. i believe tnt should beat cuba and Guatemala. i think tnt will beat US this time around. if ttff and de coaching staff plays there cards right, de world is going to look at tnt again as a stronger team in de region. remember fellas, we have alot of players playing in europe now, than before. these players have exprience in de high leagues. therefore they r going to be stronger and faster. pls, pls look at the PL in england, de sunderland squad have 3 trinis. lets leave out yorke(if retired? yes/no) but carlos edwards and KJ r playing good. let look at scotland from de Swansea , sten john(southhampton), roberts(Sparta Rotterdam) and Glen, our foward line looks very good.

we still needs to work on the midfield area, but birchall, carlos, theobald, spann, they all we get better as time goes on .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
I think alyuh no if we play jamaica they will demolish us that's y alyuh never want we to clash to save ourself the embarrassment and with d c or b team if we don't have an a team we aint goin no where so vote for my selection   :beermug:

:arguing:

Die.hard, ah now see yuh avatar man, it is not de girls type of avatar ah like, but it real cool doh  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

lol ah had girl one up before but ah decide to change lol  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »

Guatemala & Cuba are garbage (relative of course), next to the likes of Canada, Jamaica, and Honduras.  Even JW has said you have an easy group and due to the draw, should make the Hex.  That is the understatement of the year.

T&T fielded a complete B-squad during the Gold Cup, and in no way indicative of their true team.  I think many of the T&T players on the fence will be bolstered by their easy group draw.  T&T essentially has a free pass to the Hex, while Canada, Jamaica, Honduras and Mexico will have to fight through a group harder than the Hex.

Are You Serious? Except for the Caribbean Cup which Trinidad & Tobago hosted, Cuba has been dominating the soca warriors in alot of different age groups including a 3-0 win during the Olympic Qualifiers. Guatemala isn't that good either but i hardly think that they can be beaten, especially with this "experimental" squad although most of the soca warriors world cup squad arent ever playing for Trinidad & Tobago again.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »
To read some commentary on here is to come to the firm conclusion that neither Cuba nor Guatemala ever experiment with or adjust their team composition. Apparently what we have is a malleable T&T squad and an unchanging Cuba or Guatemala.

Lehwe get real nuh!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:17:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 06:16:34 AM »

Hey we were wondering where you disappeared to since the South Africa match...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »

I was always here.......

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=32280.0

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »

I was always here.......

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=32280.0

apologies. i missed that one
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »

Norman Forde should be pretty darn old. He's been around a long time. Why isn't he playing in the Pro League?

JUST IN time for preparations towards the FIFA 2010 Football World Cup, the Embassy of the People's Republic of China made a donation of training equipment to the Barbados Football Association (BFA) yesterday.

The donation, which includes cones, 200 size five balls, 100 size four balls and about 130 bibs was made by His Excellency Ambassador Liu Huanxing. Six nets are also to be added. It was witnessed by BFA senior assistant secretary Charles Husbands, junior vice- president Basil Gittens, Steven Reid, assistant manager of the senior national team, senior men's captain Norman Forde and defender Dwight James.

"Football is a very popular sport, not only in Barbados, but worldwide, and I hope these items can be helpful to the training of players in Barbados," said Ambassador Liu.

The donation continues the history of good sporting relations between the two countries. Chinese labourers built the Garfield Sobers Gymnasium and they recently completed the feasibility study for the National Stadium. Ambassador Liu also expressed the hope that teams from Barbados and China could play against each other some day.

BFA president Ronald Jones was quite pleased with the donation.

"Thanks to the Ambassador for coming to our assistance with this generous donation to our football programme," Jones said.

A conservative estimate, Jones said, placed the Barbados qualifying campaign in the region of $1.6 million based on current airfare. ($BDS)

"That is a lot of money in a country which doesn't understand or appreciate the cost of sports and it is efforts like these that would minimise those costs."

KENSINGTON OVAL, the home of cricket in Barbados, may be the venue for Barbados' home matches in the qualifying round of the FIFA 2010 Football World Cup.

Ronald Jones, president of the Barbados Football Association (BFA), told NATIONSPORT they were in negotiations with the operators of the facility since the stands at the National Stadium could not be used while they were undergoing repairs.

"The National Stadium is out of use for competitive football, and we are in discussion with Kensington Oval. We have to take into account the cost, but it is a good facility which we can use," he said.

Jones, who was speaking after a donation of training gear to the BFA from the Embassy of China, said there was also a possible conflict with cricket next year.

"February and March is not a problem, but there may be conflict in June with international cricket, but we would hope that we could satisfy the principals of Kensington Oval to have football here in Barbados. Outside of Kensington Oval and the National Stadium, there is no other venue for international football and the National Stadium is out."

In his May 2007 report, FIFA inspector Kevan Pipe said the National Stadium was not fit for international matches, calling it "old" and "dilapidated", and recommended Kensington Oval.

"To try and secure funding from Government for a tired old stadium after it has just built this brand new facility (three months old) is going to be difficult. The BFA should be encouraged to use this new stadium and work out a user deal and leave the old and worn out stadium in the past, as it has absolutely nothing to offer, particularly when compared to the new Kensington Oval Stadium," he wrote.

The rental fee for the facility which was recently renovated at a cost in excess of $100 million will also be a factor. This is likely to impact on the cost of tickets as well as attendance.

Barbados will open their campaign on February 6, 2008 in Dominica, with the return leg in Barbados on the 14th. The next round will be against the United States on the weekend of June 14 and 15, with the return leg here the following weekend.

"When some people saw the World Cup draw and the changed format, they smiled and said Barbados would only play four games. I was talking to our captain [Norman Forde] and he said to tell those who were doubting Thomases that Barbados will play more than four matches," the president said.

He is optimistic, with the inclusion of several overseas-based players, that Barbados would have a very successful campaign.

"It is not about the selfishness of people who want to play, but bringing the best team we have to represent Barbados," Jones said.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:15:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »
Everyboday going crazy on this post. Before everybody pick they own team and then start cussin' one another, they have to find out what is Jack next move. Is is going to settle this impasse now and let Wim start to do his job(or fire him). Eveybody saying we not doing this, we not doing that. JA doing this, USA doing that. When it comes to TT. What is Jack doing?  All I seeing so far is mamaguy and hot air. As far as I am concern, the players impasse is the first item on the agenda. Anything else is trivial. Give the players what is due to them. NOW!!!!! When that is settled then  we can start talking about team selection and  preparing for the WC.

This is the most sense I have seen on this topic so far.  Every word written is worth chicken poop if Jack and the TTFF does not solve the current impasse and allow Wim to choose his team from EVERY available TT player at home and abroad.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2007, 10:46:04 AM »
At least we will have either Haiti or Panama/ElSalvador to beat up on in the Hex like we had Panama last time.  Unfortunately Honduras will be more difficult than Guatemala was last time.  Jamaica and Canada will be going home early once again.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »
Miguel Company (from Peru) has indicated he would like to manage Venezuela.

Richard Páez who had been in the post for the last 6 years just quit.

Whoever inherits the job has the opportunity to play with my VEN prediction positively or negatively. Hmm, ah wonder if Bora will appear on the list of candidates. Something to watch. Just the kind of situation he likes. And, language is a fit.

From the CONCACAF angle it's interesting. Company was coach of Cuba until not long ago, so it should be interesting to see what Cuba brings in his absence. He has also coached Honduras and Perú. Having him out of the CONCACAF scenario wouldn't be an entirely bad deal as he is very familiar with Central American play (something we could use).

With VEN sitting in fifth place this is a surprising time for Páez to buss it. I haven't heard what caused his departure, but it was voluntary.

Company has managed Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica), Deportivo Cali (Colombia) and Veracruz (México).

I think he did a very solid job in Cuba during his 4 years there and received a lot of help from their local structure.

Right now he's jobless. I don't expect that will last too long. If VEN doesn't work out for him he could end up back on the CONCACAF shopping list.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2007, 04:16:31 PM »
Miguel Company (from Peru) has indicated he would like to manage Venezuela.

Richard Páez who had been in the post for the last 6 years just quit.

Whoever inherits the job has the opportunity to play with my VEN prediction positively or negatively. Hmm, ah wonder if Bora will appear on the list of candidates. Something to watch. Just the kind of situation he likes. And, language is a fit.

From the CONCACAF angle it's interesting. Company was coach of Cuba until not long ago, so it should be interesting to see what Cuba brings in his absence. He has also coached Honduras and Perú. Having him out of the CONCACAF scenario wouldn't be an entirely bad deal as he is very familiar with Central American play (something we could use).

With VEN sitting in fifth place this is a surprising time for Páez to buss it. I haven't heard what caused his departure, but it was voluntary.

Company has managed Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica), Deportivo Cali (Colombia) and Veracruz (México).

I think he did a very solid job in Cuba during his 4 years there and received a lot of help from their local structure.

Right now he's jobless. I don't expect that will last too long. If VEN doesn't work out for him he could end up back on the CONCACAF shopping list.

all of this is very surprising indeed

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2007, 04:27:57 PM »
Also raises the CONMEBOL-CONCACAF playoff issue again.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »

well I wouldn't go that far. For me, that 5th spot is Colombia/Uruguay own

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2007, 09:56:10 PM »
I am not worried about the groupings coz I know already the six teams that coming through,they are:
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.
Take this as Gospel,when I get this feeling I am never wrong.Allyuh remember this post.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »
I am not worried about the groupings coz I know already the six teams that coming through,they are:
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.
Take this as Gospel,when I get this feeling I am never wrong.Allyuh remember this post.

from the time u make the statement below i doh take anything u say serious

If he wins the elections and becomes PM,i HOPE HE SPEND PLENTY MONEY ON OUR FOOTBALLERS.That is not too much to ask,seeing that we have so much oil money.When oil finish we can then give our footballers to the rest of the world.That would replace oil as our most expensive export.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 04:18:56 AM »
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.

So you manage to leave out all 3 off the teams that have been the most consistent in WCQ in the last 3 cycles right ? You credit rating on this board fast reaching 0...

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 09:03:57 AM »
be serious....  >:(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.

::) ::)
We most certainly will.....primarily for reasons as outlined in Midknight's post....Laawwd fadder, whey dey does come out??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »

well I wouldn't go that far. For me, that 5th spot is Colombia/Uruguay own

Each man selects his preferred poison. :)

Really though, what I meant is that with Company's experience flowing both in CONMEBOL and CONCACAF and with the playoff certain, it would be intriguing to see where/if he lands and if it ultimately impacts anything.

Chavez has banned me from supporting Colombia since he broke diplomatic ties with Venezuela last week. Go Uruguay?  ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.
My yute , ah ardently hope so, there will be nothing better than to see that become a reality, BC it's high time mexico take a back seat and give someone else a chance, together with the US and costa rica. but the probability of that happening is slim , but not impossible in the least.     keep the faith.                                   positive.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:17:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 09:13:09 PM »
1.Trinidad
2.Jamaica
3.Cuba
4.Pan
5.Haiti
6.Canada.

that is a big post there  :beermug:  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2007, 07:28:41 AM »
all of this is very surprising indeed

Midknight, just got the skinny on what happened.

When Paez arrived on the scene he was more known than his players and the state of the game was nothing pretty. Gradually, Paez elevated the national team's profile (questions as to the local league still remain) and attracted greater attention, but with this came greater scrutiny as a public figure. [Venezuelans have been pretty rabid about making it to South Africa]

In the last match versus Bolivia things came to a head. The crowd was gehhin real real riled up. Bolivia was leading with 20 minutes left. Dey weren't feeling Paez and were showing it. Venezuela came back by scoring 3 goals in 20 minutes. [5-3 final result]

In the post-match press conference Paez went ballistic and said some things to the fans he probably shouldn't have. Heat of the moment. De Trini translation would run something like ... "if allyuh wah to run sumting go an run allyuh house' ... and so on.

He was also being critiqued because of his son's role in the squad (sons and national tem coaches seem to be a more predominant thing nowadays).

He went home wrote a letter and that was that. (I have seen a copy, not b/c ah special buh b/c the federation released it)  FVF officials didn't see it coming.

Baseline: Paez became a victim of his own success.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2007, 07:54:36 AM »
 Trinidad should get out of the group of 4 easily if.

All our players stay fit.
We have suitable replacements or standins for our aging defence.
We get some meaningful friendlies under our belts.

I ent saying nutten about the coach . :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>