April 25, 2024, 06:56:19 PM

Author Topic: Scotland & Lawrence (Swansea) on TV This Week  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland & Lawrence (Swansea) on TV This Week
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:46:27 PM »
Fri Nov 30 02:30PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min    LIVE
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
English FA Cup - 2nd Round
Horsham vs Swansea City

set yuh VCR, DVR or whatever R u using unless u home.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland & Lawrence (Swansea) on TV This Week
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
nice man go have something to watch after class friday..
thanks!
Back in Trini...

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
Look at d shit post he post scotland and lawerence on swansea tv ,they giving away something  hear na wat dem men does do for we youth home ehh dem doh say well here school look some gears for d children football gone down d drain killing gone up only latapy have something going on yorke from tobago he doh hav a fricking camp or a organization dey all dem wah do is cry bout money like lil pipers and aint giving nottin back
bajanscout

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »
Triniscout
                   What jumbie umbrella you was hiding under?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »
Look at d shit post he post scotland and lawerence on swansea tv ,they giving away something  hear na wat dem men does do for we youth home ehh dem doh say well here school look some gears for d children football gone down d drain killing gone up only latapy have something going on yorke from tobago he doh hav a fricking camp or a organization dey all dem wah do is cry bout money like lil pipers and aint giving nottin back
I refuse to believe you a real person.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
I refuse to believe you are a Trini.
I took the liberty to change your post ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »
planetcory had it right...is an obvious troll
Back in Trini...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »
I am convinced that you just talk to feel your ass move.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:52:01 AM »
i hope allyuh look at scotland game. see if his ready to play aloneside KJ

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 03:16:18 AM »
I have to believe that triniscout may have spoken a few "home truths" and I do not totally disagree with him.We can all remember when Yorke was in his "pomp" he refused to come back and play for TT on several occassions,not only that but he feigned injury to avoid playing for TT.Latapy showed a little more interest but not much more.Yorke suddenly came back to us when he realized that he could showcase his skills to get back into the English Premier League.Now that he has achieved that he has retired and so to has Latapy and now Lawrence.Looking at those fellas play gives reason to believe that they still have plenty to give TT so I dont understand their reason for quitting international football.They could at least be part of the set up in the early qualifying stages.It is not like we are over flowing wit players to take their place,their pride for Trinidad is questionable.I do not understand why those 3 have chosen to retire,is it because they are now comfortable and do not need Trinidad anymore.As trininscout asked,do they give a little to some of the schools,just a little not much.The African players do so much for their children back in Africa.Our players could do well to learn about love from the Africans.
Stern John seems to be the exception.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:18 AM »
I have to believe that triniscout may have spoken a few "home truths" and I do not totally disagree with him.We can all remember when Yorke was in his "pomp" he refused to come back and play for TT on several occassions,not only that but he feigned injury to avoid playing for TT.Latapy showed a little more interest but not much more.Yorke suddenly came back to us when he realized that he could showcase his skills to get back into the English Premier League.Now that he has achieved that he has retired and so to has Latapy and now Lawrence.Looking at those fellas play gives reason to believe that they still have plenty to give TT so I dont understand their reason for quitting international football.They could at least be part of the set up in the early qualifying stages.It is not like we are over flowing wit players to take their place,their pride for Trinidad is questionable.I do not understand why those 3 have chosen to retire,is it because they are now comfortable and do not need Trinidad anymore.As trininscout asked,do they give a little to some of the schools,just a little not much.The African players do so much for their children back in Africa.Our players could do well to learn about love from the Africans.
Stern John seems to be the exception.

Yorke and Latas' commitment to the TNT cause (note i didn't say love for their country) has always been sketchy at best. However, there is no possible way one can link that to their post WC retirements.

To begin with, anyone who vex with a 38-39 year old for trying to reduce the number of games he would possibly play in a year smoking something a lot more serious than 40 cigarettes a week.

As far as Yorke go, whether he's fit enough to remain part of the national team setup, you have to consider that the guy has been part of the setup for almost 20 years now. If there's one point that has to be made, as long as Yorke is a fixture on the NT, some young promising youth is going to be benched, or even not selected at all. Call it 'Tobago Love' if you will, but it might be some necessary medicine.
Also you can't blame the guy for wanting to bow out on a high note. Half of greatness is knowing when to stay and when to go... That is the ONLY mistake Michael Jordan ever make.

I could be wrong about Dennis, but it sounded like his retirement was intimately linked to the players impasse (he didn't want to continue to refuse calls from his country - is a former armyman we talking about), and he didn't want to betray his comrades in arms involved in the lawsuit. It was the easy way out. I'm convinced that if everything is resolved  amicably he would go back on his position.

As far as generosity goes, these guys are like anybody else, making a living. Nobody  complains (well few do) if a sucessful businessman comes across as stingy. At the end of the day, generosity is a character trait, not an obligation. Ah also seriously doubt that League 2/League 1, Scottish 1st division etc does pay de kind of money for men to suddenly decide to become community godfather
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 06:11:30 AM »
Dwight has done a lot for his community and charities but maybe you havent seen a picture of him in the Express skinning he teeth. Doh fight down men unless you know the whole story.....
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »
did i hear someone say stern john skills programme??

oh well ts i really have to concur with west coast its hard to believe u are a trini
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 01:46:37 AM »
so...am...we getting ah chance to see Scottie and Dennis play on tv dis friday then, thanks for that info breds. I really appreciate the info and that's all i have to say.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
Well the game is on now and I'm not seeing any of the trini boys.

I didn't see the lineups at the beginning...are they on the bench?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

I find men does real treat Kevin Austin bad in here....

Anyway, to answer your question, Tallest and Scotty are both benching today

Remember this is 'only' a FA cup match
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:57:17 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 02:54:27 PM »

Probably, in this thread (http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=32493.0) Dennis mentions that he probably won't play due to the manager's rotation policy.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »

Same here...I see one black fella on de pitch fuh Swansea that might be Scotland.  Dis match painful to watch.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »
In unrelated news, Darryl Roberts and Sparta do a Sunderland and collect 7 from Utrecht.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 10:32:11 PM »

I find men does real treat Kevin Austin bad in here....

Anyway, to answer your question, Tallest and Scotty are both benching today

Remember this is 'only' a FA cup match

My bad but it's down to my own ignorance rather than disrespect.

1]; } ?>