April 27, 2024, 09:20:50 AM

Author Topic: Screening session at Ato Boldon for U20 hopefuls.  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Screening session at Ato Boldon for U20 hopefuls.
« on: November 29, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »
Screening session at Ato Boldon for U20 hopefuls.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will commence screening sessions for selection on the National Under 20 team from this Saturday at 9am at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Only played born in the year 1989 are requested to attend the session which will be overseen by coach Anton Corneal.
The TTFF is in the process of getting a team ready for the preliminary stages of the qualifiers for the FIFA Under 20 World Championship in Egypt 2009.
Corneal explained that Saturday’s session is just part of the process and there will be other dates for other invited players. Players attending Saturday’s session are asked to walk with proper identification.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 08:48:55 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Screening session at Ato Boldon for U20 hopefuls.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:00:29 AM »
what is proper ideentification? maybe the could be more specific........

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:06:26 AM »
Passport or Birth Paper, something with a proof of DOB.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:03 AM »
can dis message be sent to all colleges in US and UK.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:59 AM »
For a country with a player pool as small as ours we sure do a lot of screening?  Why are always screeing, maybe screeing have a different meaning for us.  The top players should be playing week in and week out in our pro league or overseas, and should be invited based on those performances.  This screening process seems to be a thing of the past when talking about the national setup.  Maybe I am wrong?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:11:09 AM »
what is proper ideentification? maybe the could be more specific........
As Sam say it would be someting with yuh DOB, but yuh right, dey should specify the acceptable forms of ID, to avoid confusion.

can dis message be sent to all colleges in US and UK.
It too late fuh dis session.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:14:40 AM »
Shouldn't the players playing in the US (Colleges & Universities) be on winter break anyway. I know around Christmas time most of them go back to T&T on break ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »
College ball is still in progress for some. For those not balling right now they should be studying. Finals approaching pon a rapid.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22:13 AM »
Is this properly advertised ? and why isnt it an open screening session how are they suppose to unearth new talent?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »
Is this properly advertised ? and why isnt it an open screening session how are they suppose to unearth new talent?

Dont worry the word will get out plus this is an early start to screening .... this mostly happens about 2 mths before.. the first game

I think hyland and jamerson of jaloteh were born in 1989.....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:39:36 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
For a country with a player pool as small as ours we sure do a lot of screening?  Why are always screeing, maybe screeing have a different meaning for us.  The top players should be playing week in and week out in our pro league or overseas, and should be invited based on those performances.  This screening process seems to be a thing of the past when talking about the national setup.  Maybe I am wrong?

Totally agree
PS:

Shouldn't the players playing in the US (Colleges & Universities) be on winter break anyway. I know around Christmas time most of them go back to T&T on break ?
If they went to school for football alone would be OK...to maintain their scholarship eligibility, they have to make certain marks, and pass their exams....thus many cannot afford the time, even if they have the funds, to get SCreened out... :devil: lil inside joke, How yuh go tell which area have malaria, when yuh put up ah mosquito screen to keep the baddest mosquitoes out....just stick yuh hand outside an grab one
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:53:09 AM by maxg »

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »
I could tell you for sure , this is team is going to be made up of mostly Under 17 players from last year maybe half the team, and probably since SSFL is an under-19 league. They would pick a few of the best from the league and make up that side and the random youths from Pro league , Reserve league etc. It seriously should be a strong side if they scout the right players.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »
Based on the u17 performance they simply cannot stick with that same group they need to add more to try to shore up their inefficiencies in attack as well as defense......this is an opportunity
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 02:05:31 PM by Ngozi »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
stueps if i was younger but anyway i need to find a club yes i going world cup 2010  ;D  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
You know T&T does send people to scout players in the US,England etc etc all over the world and can't have anybody scout players in the Pro league,Colleges league,Youth leagues and they playing every day at home,is it lazy we lazy or don't have personnel to do the job,as someone said our country small why we does have so much trouble to know who and what we have,everybody on this website knows a player or two or could put a T&T team together and the people responsible for Football don't have a clue about anybody.

I'm still trying to understand the criteria,philosophy,plan etc we have for deciding on the composition of our national teams,we already know the problems it have just getting players together for training purposes,for instance this is what i hear,players in the Colleges/Pro league are crap(don't look there),the College league in the US/MLS not helping our players but these are the same players we want back home to play,English leagues etc most of our players have problems with either playing time or injuries or contract issues,for this country to have a proper screening process for our national teams it's more complicated than we really think,how can we put a team together when half going through a screening process and the other half in school(US) or abroad?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »
stueps if i was younger but anyway i need to find a club yes i going world cup 2010  ;D  :devil:
We goh bring back stooge, just for you ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 12:48:03 PM »
AH DEY!

all ah need is false ID.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »

I don't know how old you are but if you really believe that go head. Would be nice to see a forum member make it  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
yeh i in meh early 20's so ah go give it a shot  :beermug: who knows i might be chatting from south Africa during d group stage with alyuh  ::)  :devil: dreams can come true  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 03:43:52 PM »
Why only players born in 1989?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »
Why only players born in 1989?

89 or later I would think - but again the release is unclear - they have to be under 20 in 2009 for the tournament.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 04:15:11 PM »
Is it for players born 89 and up. My son born 90. Can he go for trials or not.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »
Is it for players born 89 and up. My son born 90. Can he go for trials or not.

Deeks the past under 17 team had players born in 1990 and up so anton has an idea of who the top players are in that age group....  i believe The reason why anton asked for players born  ask for 1989 alone is that wants to see all players who are 18 years old for now.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
How did this go anyway

Javed Mohamed hyland were born in 1989..

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 04:32:57 PM »
Seeing as Anton is the now Senior coach, I wonder if McComie will be the visionary coach we have been waiting for to take us on to U-20 World cup glory? :devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »
Seeing as Anton is the now Senior coach, I wonder if McComie will be the visionary coach we have been waiting for to take us on to U-20 World cup glory? :devil:
dat better eh happen

1]; } ?>