April 24, 2024, 10:33:47 PM

Author Topic: Queen Macoomeh...where yuh??  (Read 1691 times)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Queen Macoomeh...where yuh??
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »
So I was reading the Caribbean Camera (for those that don't know, it is a community newspaper in Toronto) and I come across this article.

Crowd shows up to maco Macoomeh's book

She's known in community circles as the "Queen of Maco" the latter word meaning someone who minds other people's business. So it was no surprise when a rather sizeable crowd showed up to "maco" what Queen Macoomeh had to offer -- her brand new book, Tales From Icebox Land -- at the offical launch at A Different Booklist on Friday. The book, with 33 of its 35 stories written in dialect, deals with life in Canada -- a.k.a. Icebox Land -- and according to at least one reviewer, The Camera's Colin Richards, who introduced the author at the launching, "it contains much good sense, humour, 'values' and commentary. Diamonds are to be found in the bed of this river. The satire -- biting, but never vicious -- can strip varnish off doors." What else can we expect from Queen Macoomeh?

if dat is we Queenie, cheers  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

;D pick up yuh copy of the Caribbean Camera newspaper free at Baldwin Grocery (dat is meh parents' West Indian store) in Kensington Market)

ah know I is ah marketing genius  ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:36:16 AM by chinee_boi »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Macoomeh...where yuh??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:05 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 11:26:13 AM »
you ent see dis thread man ;)

WC i trying tuh promote Queenie as much as possible  ::) ;D

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:57 AM »
In between all of the promotion - parlour and book and ting - Queenie when yuh sending a shipment down for the local based to take a gander?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 06:54:29 PM »
Is she self..and ah hear dey launch was ah riot. people roll wid laughter.

She business all about dey place.
Magazine, newspaper, internet and radio
I ain't sure she reach TV yet, but stay tuned.

allyuh, as ah proud owner of she book ah hadda say it's top class and no she ain't paying meh to say so.

well done Queentips :applause: :applause:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:48:47 PM »
gawd ah blushing...

Chinee boi...lol...yuh out meh...put all meh business in a brong paper bag on Fredrick Street!

Johpants, yes the book is heading your way soon soon!

I am still here recovering from this launch. When I took the stand and looked, all I saw was people packed in tightly. Windows fogging up. After all the speeches and readings when I was signing, I got to speak briefly with so many people. As someone remarked, "there was love in the room". Caribbean folks and lovers of the Caribbean - readers and authors were well represented.
There were many highlights that night, personal and professional. I am still absorbing it all.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
gawd ah blushing...

Chinee boi...lol...yuh out meh...put all meh business in a brong paper bag on Fredrick Street!

Johpants, yes the book is heading your way soon soon!

I am still here recovering from this launch. When I took the stand and looked, all I saw was people packed in tightly. Windows fogging up. After all the speeches and readings when I was signing, I got to speak briefly with so many people. As someone remarked, "there was love in the room". Caribbean folks and lovers of the Caribbean - readers and authors were well represented.
There were many highlights that night, personal and professional. I am still absorbing it all.

so yuh want meh tuh save a Caribbean Camera newspaper fuh yuh?  Yuh picture in it too  :)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 05:16:45 PM »
hush boi
de Queen go buss ya skin ;D ;D
right Queen ;) :D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »
 ;D

since I start meh commess in 2001 I been tellin people ah doh come out on flim. Now all yuh want to out meh.  ;)

gorme...

but boi, somebody done sen meh de papers. I doh get it here whey I living behine Papa Gawd back. But tanks eh? Ah see it. Dr. Cox looking nice doh eh? Gorme, ah feeling like people now...

1]; } ?>