April 27, 2024, 10:54:38 PM

Author Topic: Why FC Dallas?  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Why FC Dallas?
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »
The TTProLeague announced its realtionship today with FC Dallas, my question is why FC Dallas?  Was it because they are available through Shaka?  What would our players benefit from a relationship with FC Dallas?  Why is an entire league forging a relationshi[p with a club?  why why why?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why FC Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
I think u answered yuh question......the obvious link is Shaka

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23:08 PM »
Not only Shaka, Cornell Glen was there. When they were known as Dallas Burn, Brian Haynes and the late Mickey Trotman played there. After his playing days were over, Brian Haynes was an assistant coach there. Back in the early days of the NASL, Dick Furlonge played for the Dallas Tornado. So we have ah connection.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:27:34 PM »
Not only Shaka, Cornell Glen was there. When they were known as Dallas Burn, Brian Haynes and the late Mickey Trotman played there. After his playing days were over, Brian Haynes was an assistant coach there. Back in the early days of the NASL, Dick Furlonge played for the Dallas Tornado. So we have ah connection.

Thanks Tallman.....

This could be a start to something good!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »
The TTProLeague announced its realtionship today with FC Dallas, my question is why FC Dallas?  Was it because they are available through Shaka?  What would our players benefit from a relationship with FC Dallas?  Why is an entire league forging a relationshi[p with a club?  why why why?

why not?

the MLS is burgeoning; any worthwhile link to it is a good thing for the Pro League and our players
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 09:32:15 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »

Excellent reminder Tallman. Excellent. Some seeeerious ambassadors dey fuh T&T, I eh lie.
We does fuhget but dem doh fuhget dread.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:45:05 PM »

why not?

the MLS is burgeoning; any worthwhile link to it is a good thing for the Pro League and our players

I am asking why, if you are undocumented in america will you get married to someone that is undocumented also?  I am not sure we should be in bed with an organization that is looking for answers like us, we should seeking to forge relationships with orgs that's has answers and can help develop our game and players.Just a thought.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:09 PM »

why not?

I am asking why, if you are undocumented in america will you get married to someone that is undocumented also?  I am not sure we should be in bed with an organization that is looking for answers like us, we should seeking to forge relationships with orgs that's has answers and can help develop our game and players.Just a thought.

Why FC Dallas?
I don't know the nature of the relationship, but how about these items...organization, professionalism, sports psychology, physical fitness, training methods, nutrition, marketing..... I guarantee you they are light years ahead of the T&T pro league in all these regards. Oh and the quality of football a lil higher too.....and it might open some doors for some local talent to play in the MLS.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »
Brother, you're so wrong about Dallas.....the Hunt family has money....it is a wise business decision....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »

What answers is the MLS looking for?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »

why not??
if the club is interested in working with our league, I doubt the MLS is coming calling or waiting for us to call.
This could be the start of more good things, Im all for it.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »
how much to go in d game later

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 07:04:52 AM »

$100 and $40
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »

$100 and $40

reasonable  should have been $80  $40 though

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile