April 20, 2024, 08:59:43 AM

Author Topic: Jlloyd Samuel What is the Status?  (Read 21840 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Villa defender may bid to play for T&T
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2005, 09:45:06 PM »
Leo will be crazy to let him play
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »
i always said put samuel on de team, but only if he will give a million percent, maybe he realizing tt is a team of de future and he will be able 2 play for a team dat can make waves, come home nah man, engalnd dont need u, we need a good defender in samuel, but dat is real pressuh, we cant sell out de locals, very tough decision in de making

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2005, 09:55:40 PM »

why???

if u were coach of a so so team dat u know cud really play on d day ( no offence to the magnificent warriors)  an a player dat u rate highly wants to cum an play for dem will u do your job an help the team qualify or think bout people an keep man happy an smilin

coachin a international team is nut bout skin teeth ting boss

SHOTTA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2005, 10:31:09 PM »

Waggonist players ten times worse than waggonist fans.

How a man could watch somebody sweat and slave for something and just want to jump on at the end?

What are the odds he staying on after the WC btw....jus asking.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2005, 10:34:13 PM »
he not staying and we all know that
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »

why???

if u were coach of a so so team dat u know cud really play on d day ( no offence to the magnificent warriors)  an a player dat u rate highly wants to cum an play for dem will u do your job an help the team qualify or think bout people an keep man happy an smilin

coachin a international team is nut bout skin teeth ting boss

SHOTTA

Coaching a National Team is also about the Nation that the team represents, and if the player does not care about the Nation he should not be on the team no matter how good he is, if J Lloyd did care bout TnT making it to the WC he would come be on the team long time and help HIS country qualify.  He only care bout J Lloyd making it to the World Cup.
I have social studies lesson for some all allyuh in here, yuh see that gyal that did not want to deal with you when you was riding on the bus, the same one that asking for a ride home now that you have car...she dont care bout you, dont be fooled she only have gas brains.  Dont be a chupidy and tell she "yes baby come ride with me" cause you aint getting nutting from she...
Take Pride in yuh side, its not all about winning.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2005, 11:02:36 PM »
dats a great response mr mc, very insightful, i agree wit yuh, even if we lose, we lose as a team dat fought together, i will still b proud of dem regardless de result

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2005, 11:05:45 PM »
well said king.. he may be the best player in the world but if he cyah commit to the team 110% no sense in taking him in. And coming in this late into the campaign serves no one but himself. I think the team reach a point where they comfortable with another and familiar with the brand. A fly in the ointment.. that is what J lloyd is.

This is why I give Birchall big big props for doing what he doing. The man put he heart into it and enjoying the ride.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2005, 02:55:52 AM »
Still considering.... like he waiting to jump on the ship if or when we qualify...  :rotfl:

Even after all this time.... he still considering... waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 02:57:49 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2005, 06:18:58 AM »
He keeping an eye on TnT...translation..I will play for TnT only if they qualify because it will be my only chance to play in the World Cup because deep down I know I cant make England's team.

I am totally against Samuel and Zamora playing but I would not be surprised if Leo selects them..Leo is all about winning and getting results so he might be tempted to give dem ah chance.  Those 2 idiots are definitely good enough to make a significant contribution to our team, but at what cost?  They have completely ignored us, so it is now our turn to ignore dey F*$king  a$$e$.

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2005, 06:59:01 AM »
I say bring em in for the Bahrain matches, let em play 5 mins and cap em....then it is not a matter of england or t&t....it will be only T&T, if you want to play...play now not after the 16th

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2005, 07:01:54 AM »
welcome on board cuz.. no better time than the present to join the warriors.

truetrini

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2005, 07:09:14 AM »

Man what de asre you know about crazy?

Yuh need to talk to Yallop about why YOUR team playing so shitty!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2005, 07:25:11 AM »
If the man qualified to play for T&T and he good enough to make the team, then the coach will make the call. At this stage I can not see Beenhaker changing the team, however when we move on to the next stage I am sure you will see all kind of players crawling out from under logs.
It will still be up to the coach, who then will be looking to win the WC.
Regardless of our personal feelings
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jlloyd Samuel
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2005, 08:12:58 AM »
D jury still out on J LLoyd but seriously I doh even know if Zamora could make our squad
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2005, 08:40:13 AM »
if he really had an interest or desire to play in the world cup....den he would have made the effort to be part of the mix a long time ago. If it was a  situation of not wanting to play for BSC.....ok, den doh play....but since Beenie take over, still not a peep from him. So with two games to be played and a possible spot in the 32.....now or better yet, everything work out and we make it...he have a greater interest to play in a WC ........NAAAAAAAAAAH!! ah cyah support dat.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2005, 09:03:45 AM »
if he comes i know benhakker wont start him an risk breakin up the godness of 3 wins jlloyd go hav to come realll good

wat bout left midfeild

lord benhakker hav it hard
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
Coaching a National Team is also about the Nation that the team represents, and if the player does not care about the Nation he should not be on the team no matter how good he is., if J Lloyd did care bout TnT making it to the WC he would come be on the team long time and help HIS country qualify  He only care bout J Lloyd making it to the World Cup.
Thats wrong. why say that many 1st generation british-caribbeans care about the their land of origin. you make him sound like if hurricane was to come and wipe away TNT he wouldnt give to F**ks thats not true. unless you have met the man or have lived in the UK as a black person born in the uk you wont understand(only Pioneer Trini could back me up ;) ) People dont understand are saying things such things. even if he wasnt born there you saying he wouldnt care about his parents place of birth or where the rest of his family lives?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:38:45 AM by Futbol »

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2005, 10:00:15 AM »
People who are against J Lloyd being on the team are focussing more on the emotional/sentimental aspect of the argument.

People who are for him, are looking at it more from footballing/professional perspective.

My feeling is that if it comes down to him getting a chance or not, footballing/professional sense will prevail over emotions and sentiment.

Answer me this, how much of a difference would it be for TT if Samuel decides to play for Trinidad? He is spoiled brat that now wants to walk into this team, and you seem rather accepting of that.

IMO, the defenders have done a good job especially over the last few games, and I don't think it's fair to any of them that he gets to start ahead of any of them.

That england wannabe is exactly what we don't need at this point. Loyalty, pride and commitment is what we want out of our players, and the present group have demonstrated that.  :)
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2005, 10:10:32 AM »
People who are against J Lloyd being on the team are focussing more on the emotional/sentimental aspect of the argument.

People who are for him, are looking at it more from footballing/professional perspective.

My feeling is that if it comes down to him getting a chance or not, footballing/professional sense will prevail over emotions and sentiment.

Answer me this, how much of a difference would it be for TT if Samuel decides to play for Trinidad? He is spoiled brat that now wants to walk into this team, and you seem rather accepting of that.

IMO, the defenders have done a good job especially over the last few games, and I don't think it's fair to any of them that he gets to start ahead of any of them.

That england wannabe is exactly what we don't need at this point. Loyalty, pride and commitment is what we want out of our players, and the present group have demonstrated that.  :)

You missed my point. I understand both sides of the argument, which is what I said.

I just think that if it comes down to the people who are in power to make such decisions (not us here on the forum)...they will probably make their decision based on footballing sense, regardless of whether or not he relegates someone to the bench. That is just my feeling........

If it were up to us here on the forum, then sure he would not make the team because his advocates (like myself) are in the minority. But we on the forum are not the decision makers.........and I don't think that Beenie and co. are as concerned with relegating someone to the bench as people on the forum are.....

I might be wrong

comprendes ?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:12:49 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »
Good point Futbol.
I have cousins born and aised in Canada and still consider themselves Trini cuz their parents are Trini. Dese same ppl goin to Under 20 national games when they visit and representing a lot ahrder than others who live their entire lives in T AN T
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2005, 10:21:44 AM »
D jury still out on J LLoyd but seriously I doh even know if Zamora could make our squad

Zamora cannot make our squad, especially if Beenhakker continues to use that 4-5-1 formation. He will add nothing extra to the team in my opinion as we have Jones, Sealy, Scotland, Collin Samuel and Glen. Jlloyd, I agree with you, the jury is still out for me.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2005, 10:24:55 AM »
I dont agree wid samuel playing for trinidad in the world cup. but i agree and know what Futbol is saying. I love trinidad 1000000000000 times more than england. even a simple sunday evening match down di park i play better wen im wearin the trini jersey thats the passion i have for trinidad and its footbal. but every 1 is individuals. i had a cousins born in england who hated trinidad for som reason and he only now start to catch di vibes.ah feel he get pussy whip down there or somting  :whip:

when i was in trini for carnival just b4 the hex started and there was trinidadians telling me i shouldnt support them shitong an dem. imagine its me who had to cuss dem for sayin dat. like som1 said b4 on the board trinis abroard try to embrace and surround dem self in the culture more because it obviously isnt as strong where we live as in trinidad.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2005, 10:29:53 AM »

Disagree,

I'm sure that TTFF staff and colleagues log on to this site just as much as anyone else does. They know it exists, and I'm sure they read the views of Reds fans here. Samuel and Zamora should NOT be allowed to play for TT unless they display the qualities I mentioned before.

For every Zamora and Samuel out there, I'm sure there's a young player in Trinidad/UK that would want to wear the Red shirt with pride and dignity.

I've read posts here in the past where people knocked Stern John when he was out of form, but I never bashed him. I always thought he was committed then just like i know he is now. If you watched the Mexico game, after he scored his second goal (goal of the hex for me) he kissed the T&T crest on his shirt. That picture clearly says it all.

You missed my point. I understand both sides of the argument, which is what I said.

I just think that if it comes down to the people who are in power to make such decisions (not us here on the forum)...they will probably make their decision based on footballing sense, regardless of whether or not he relegates someone to the bench. That is just my feeling........

If it were up to us here on the forum, then sure he would not make the team because his advocates (like myself) are in the minority. But we on the forum are not the decision makers.........and I don't think that Beenie and co. are as concerned with relegating someone to the bench as people on the forum are.....

I might be wrong

comprendes ?
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2005, 10:36:01 AM »

Disagree,

I'm sure that TTFF staff and colleagues log on to this site just as much as anyone else does. They know it exists, and I'm sure they read the views of Reds fans here. Samuel and Zamora should NOT be allowed to play for TT unless they display the qualities I mentioned before.

For every Zamora and Samuel out there, I'm sure there's a young player in Trinidad/UK that would want to wear the Red shirt with pride and dignity.

I've read posts here in the past where people knocked Stern John when he was out of form, but I never bashed him. I always thought he was committed then just like i know he is now. If you watched the Mexico game, after he scored his second goal (goal of the hex for me) he kissed the T&T crest on his shirt. That picture clearly says it all.

Yeah but by that token, if the TTFF were to take the forum as seriously as you imply, then Stern would have been dropped a while ago.....

I dunno man. Like I say, I understand both sides of the argument. But I think that if J Lloyd stepped up now, or after qualification, I think Beenie and the TTFF would give him a shot, regardless of how much times they log onto the forum. (they may consult the players as well.....not sure how that would go).....

I think he'll get a shot......that's all I'm saying. Chances are, given that chance, he will make the squad.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2005, 10:38:38 AM »
Thinking with emotions, J Lloyd should not step on board, but from a profesional point of view, he definitely would increase the competitiveness of the team.  But lets be honest though, he is a WAGGONIST!  I'll say that even if he plays for us.  That won't change.  When he wears that shirt though (if he is allowed to join the team), he'd better be mindful of all the sweat and blood that went into this campaign.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
jlloyd samuel
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2005, 10:58:12 AM »
i say give the man jlloyd samuel a chance but not zamora anyway is up to leo cause the same way some ppl did not want stern to play leo was the man to make the decision and it was the right one as allure could see who knows beenie might see some potential in the man and might need his services.Avery will have some competition and that will make him play much harder not that he don't right now.It's up to leo i am we are not the coach.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »
I am not in favor of anyone jumping onto the bandwagon once we have qualified for Germany but the fact is we have not accomplished our goal to date.  We are in a playoffs for a spot, We have not qualified.

There are still at least two World Cup qualifier gmaes to be played and the truth of the matter is that we need help on the left.  I as many of the Forumites have never spoken to J. Lloyd or Zamora and do not truly know what is in their heart of hearts.  So to jump to conclusions about their conviction to our team maybe premature.  I remind many of you of the number of posts made on this site about Birchall and look at what he has brought to this team, not only in play but in terms of commitment.

I am not copping out on this decision but it is Don Leo's obligation to improve the National team and if he sees fit to make some addition, let him go ahead if the end product on the field is an improvement. 

The one factor I think many men are forgetting: There are some men on this team who can fight down any foolishness.  Dwight, Shaka, Latas and Dog to mention a few will not support anything that would disrupt this team without providing a strong voice in support or in opposition.  Don Leo is a product of these players voicing their feelings.

We will be alright in the end.  I am sure of it.

Germany we heading!!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:04 AM »
Let them pay their own expenses for a tryout like Rougier.
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>