April 20, 2024, 01:27:13 AM

Author Topic: Marketing, Media, Mega packages my PFL ideas  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marketing, Media, Mega packages my PFL ideas
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
The PFL has grown a lot since its inception with good web site better game reports, interviews and the standard of play has increased, however the crowd support has not.  Some mite say there's no connection with the teams and the villages some mite say why watch the PFL when aah could stay home and watch the EPL and all the big leagues of Europe. Others would say that the quality of play is poor or we simply don't have the money to follow the team week in and week out. After listen to the PFL CEO saying that the crowds would come out for the knock out competitions but not the league due to the fact that there's radium section and Baccunal (spelling) .
This is what they should do, stop the two match a week thing make all the games to be played on the weekend with one big game on Monday nights maybe every other Monday this mite be hard because what I'm getting at is a televised game on Monday nights so the whole country can see the PFL. The games on the weekend should start around 6 pm when all of the Euro leagues fixtures are completed. Now I know it's not that hard for home team to supply a rhodium section every community has one. Specking about community some of the individual teams have to step there game up they should come up with ideas they need to take a hands on approach on getting home fans to come out. They just can't sit there and say bout what the league doing to get fans to come out this has to be a collective effort to get the crowds out, another thing the PFL should come up with a plan to get the PFL on channels such as TV6, FSC, OR GOL TV.
This is hard but not impossible just look at Jamaica they have a semi pro league and they where able to secure a contract. Marketing, Media, Mega packages like family ticket discounts free stuff any thing free is good let the teams figure it out. In closing we have a good product all we need is good crowd support day in and day out and every thing will improve.         

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:18:34 AM by Bally »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Marketing, Media, Mega packages my PFL ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »
A few simple things ah was jess thinking...

1. Ticket policy: Allow 1 or 2 children, say under 12, if accompanied by a paying adult spectator, to get into games free. Free children will fill the stands and create atmosphere and buzz and will in many ways make adults who are "on the fence", willing to come to games....not to mention sew the seed for more participants as they grow up.

2. Camera work: It is a big but passive blunder to have the cameraman in the covered stands (whether in de Hasely, Marvin, Larry, Ato, Manny or Yorkie) videotaping a game that shows the backdrop as an empty uncovered stand or a parking lot. Yuh hearing action "ooh!, ahh!, ogeed!, spanner boy!", but seeing nobody!!!!  >:(  in de camera angle. At de same time visitors, advertizers, scouts getting de wrong impression of a league with nobody there.. That is a loser image which no waggonist wants to be part of, buy from or buy into. Trus' me, Dallas and Paranaense reading de www.ttproleague.com website but jess geyyin' doubts. Crowds are massive propaganda for everything! "Show me your product ...show me your following!" So a camera tower or stand needs to be constructed on the non-covered side with protection from rain etc and this could have a massive effect. I still give the league  :applause: for trying when we had nothing not too long ago.

3. TTproleague magazine: So far surpassed my expectations. I am curious about the latest distribution though. A poster mentioned before that in one of the major cup competitions, paying spectators were being confronted with TT Proleague magazines when coming through the gates. It apparently did not happen at de Hasely on Friday with the Shaka Hislop Cup. Why not? Hype up the players! Even Shaka is on the magazine cover and there were many covers before with Oliver, Hardest, Toussaint and many other players inside. I don't get it. I could be wrong and missed something.

4. Entertainment: Just like the Brazilians, we have to mix sport, music, culture and food....and we can easily do it. The stadium must have a crowd that is coming to get a product offering them ball, food, music on the intercom, pan, riddim section, tassa, chutney, soca, kaiso, comedy, community info, chance to be seen on TV!, chance to promote yuh banner on TV, prizes.

5. Exposure: Club vs Club international friendlies. Skeenos and Romany on de right track.

6. Expenditure/Prize money: Club vs Club Concacaf championship. Dis tata about not giving de teams trophies and monies for winning the Concacaf Caribbean leg has to stop. W Connection, a great ambassador for the TT Proleague, who did well by being the first to crack the FSC US TV barrier when playing against Chivas, had to be forced to boycott this year and all of T&T lost out. Damn ridiculous!  >:( So fix the prize/trophy system.

7. Local TV: .... well dey want to see de crowds so that they can lure the advertizers. Back to square 1 with camera work, ticket price policy and incentives for attendance.

8. Gender/Incentive: Target women. Men will follow  ;D

9. Education/Cross-fertilization: Continue with seminars and threads like this that address the EXACT keywords that Bally brought up here. Need to see more clubs interacting with clubs in other countries to pick their brains on management and marketing ideas. Good job with Dallas and Atletico Paranaense.

10. Invisibility: This kinda camera angle has to change:
http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1660&Itemid=109
If Weary, Touches, Big Mag, Omaraldinho, Patriot, Small Mag, Jah Gol, Grande and others was dey who de a..... would know  >:(

More later......
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:14:30 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
The PFL has grown a lot since its inspection with good web site better game reports, interviews and the standard of play has increased, however the crowd support has not.  Some mite say there’s no connection with the teams and the villages some mite say why watch the PFL when aah could stay home and watch the EPL and all the big leagues of Europe. Others would say that the quality of play is poor or we simply don’t have the money to follow the team week in and week out. After listen to the PFL CEO saying that the crowds would come out for the knock out competitions but not the league due to the fact that there’s riddum section and Baccunal (spelling) .
This is what they should do, stop the two match a week thing make all the games to be played on the weekend with one big game on Monday nights maybe every other Monday this mite be hard because what I’m getting at is a televised game on Monday nights so the whole country can see the PFL. The games on the weekend should start around 6 pm when all of the Euro leagues fixtures are completed. Now I know it’s not that hard for home team to supply a riddum section every community has one. Specking about community some of the individual teams have to step there game up they should come up with ideas they need to take a hands on approach on getting home fans to come out. They just can’t sit there and say boui what the league doing to get fans to come out this has to be a collective effort to get the crowds out, another thing the PFL should  come up with a plan to get the PFL on channels such as TV6, FSC, OR GOL TV.
This is hard but not impossible just look at Jamaica they have a semi pro league and they where able to secure a contract. Marketing, Media, Mega packages like family ticket discounts free stuff any thing free is good let the teams figure it out. In closing we have a good product all we need is good crowd support day in and day out and every thing will improve.         

I still say that we don't yet have a product that would merit the attention of investment of overseas broadcasters...but I think they definitely need to link with TV 6 and I love the idea of a nationally broadcast game once a week.  Maybe they can even go the route of the NFL, have all but one marquee game played on Sunday, and save that weekly marquee match-up for Monday nights and have that game broadcast nationally ala Monday Night Football here in the US.  I could see advertisers potentially lining up to be a part of that exclusive broadcast...to sell their product in prime time to a captive (nothing else competing with the game being shown) audience.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
Good post dreamer...I really think some of these ideas are not only feasible, but border on brilliance.  These are exactly the type of suggestions that the PFL needs to be aware of...sometimes you get so caught up in doing things a certain way, and particularly when that 'certain way' is your brainchild...it's hard to divorce oneself from the idea.  So you thus end up remaining married to bad practices and it takes an external voice to point out the flaws from an objective perspective.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »
Thanks BnS.  :beermug:
There are people on this forum who can make ideas like this and much much more happen.
We have to support them. I certainly will.
This thread by Bally is so important you wouldn't believe. It has been touched in many li'l ways for a long time even when this forum had a different design and less members.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:07:39 PM »
Sometimes you don't know what yo have until you read posts like these,well thought off constructive views and ideas,if only they could be implemented and put to work what an organization we would have,this forum have real talent boy.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:10:47 PM by Coop's »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Dreamer  yah have some good points there, for years know I‘ve been coming up with ideas to help the PFL I remember saying that the reports was not informative it never had staring line up subs  now we getting a better report I know its hard and we could sit here and talk but local media have to jump on this they have to be more local coverage trust the MLS start out with a couple on TV now all off there games are broadcast  some of the club have a lot of fan trust me rangers used to full de savanna back in the day all they have do is figure a way for them to come back thing like fan night in the community where the players come out to meet fan give away balls T shirt stickers hats also the PFL  needs a Saturday morning or midweek  program highlighting the goals of the week players of the week coaching segments player profile so the youngsters could get to know there local players. One thing I notice when I went home was a lot of the locals home don’t even know the players I was calling name and men was like what who’s he boy you really like football I living dong here and I don’t even know some ahh them men. Well they have to make it like a party atmosphere for every game that’s the only way we could keep coming back we could only hope the pro league will continue to grow. Let it be known that in Trinidad a professional football league can strive.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 12:43:53 AM »
Yeah dreamer that blasted camera thing does really get me eh. Like they have no shame showing some big stink empty stands with not even a stray dog. The camera people could be a bit more mobile as well and produce the occasional zoomed in image. Joel Villafana did some commentary earlier in the season on some games that made it easier to watch but they discontinued that. The photography on the site is decent as well. School children in for free is a good idea as well.  Perhaps designate weekend games as ladies get in for free. Good ideas expressed here, hopefully they paying attention.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
I have contacted both Bally and Dreamer by PM. I hope to be meeting with Gary Hunt in December to discuss ways of moving football in T&T forward. I also want to have further discussions with Dexter Skeene.

I believe that you cannot tackle these issues individually. You need a well thought out master plan that incorporates all aspects including marketing, tv coverage, players rights, training and nutrition, football in the community and football administration.

Of course, I will provide feedback when (if) this meeting happens.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 08:51:13 AM »
FPATT, men wit' allyuh kinda goodwill and expertise are rare, especially in T&T. Go brave breddah.
Forumites on dis website bong to support yuh.

Right now, de vibes songin' good with The FPATT association, Skeenos, Romany, Lincoln, new minister of Sports, SW.net moderators and FPATT de forumite and other forumites like Bally
De kinda wuk you puttin' dong dey cyah be taken for granted. It would be a crime  >:(

We have to thank Flex, Tallman, palos  :applause:  and the others for giving forum space for fellas like you to do yuh ting.

Niceness.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 09:11:32 AM »
I am impressed at what I'm seeing so far. This thread is one of the most constructive (WHILE STILL BEING READABLE) that I've seen in a long time.

Obviosly the suggestions need some fine tunng, but I think all ideas should be collated andthen included in a structured draft document. Call it the fans' manifesto for Professional Football in TnT or something similar.

Get some copies out to the stakeholders or better yet, organise a meeting to discuss it with the help of FPATT and make it clear that these are free altruistic suggestions, brainstorm on the hows the why's and the what's of the matter and take it from there...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »
Applause

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 12:05:56 PM »
I have contacted both Bally and Dreamer by PM. I hope to be meeting with Gary Hunt in December to discuss ways of moving football in T&T forward. I also want to have further discussions with Dexter Skeene.

I believe that you cannot tackle these issues individually. You need a well thought out master plan that incorporates all aspects including marketing, tv coverage, players rights, training and nutrition, football in the community and football administration.

Of course, I will provide feedback when (if) this meeting happens.
Good stuff FPATT... :beermug:

Midknight the meeting you recommend is already discussed by FPATT here.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »
Also as has been mentioned many times before on this forum by many posters, I believe having teams named after areas can only help so locals can identify with a team and build up a following.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »
Great Ideas.. :applause:.though something bothering meh slight.....ah cyah put meh finger on it....ah think it might be that I suspect the League and club admin, may have already thought of many of these, and if not, why not , since that should be their job....but there is something else...let me give it some thought....general public, attendance, leaving relative safety of home, football, entertainment dollars, security of self and family, travelling late, far, average public, in a changin society.....hmmmnnn..what the hell is it ?  will have to come backl   :banginghead: :idea: :banginghead:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »
Great Ideas.. :applause:.though something bothering meh slight.....ah cyah put meh finger on it....ah think it might be that I suspect the League and club admin, may have already thought of many of these, and if not, why not , since that should be their job....but there is something else...let me give it some thought....general public, attendance, leaving relative safety of home, football, entertainment dollars, security of self and family, travelling late, far, average public, in a changin society.....hmmmnnn..what the hell is it ?  will have to come backl   :banginghead: :idea: :banginghead:

Obviously, any plans like these depend a lot on the sentiment of public security that reigns, but you really can't be serious if you're even suggesting that the Proleague/TTFF/FPATT/SW. NEt should equally draft a plan for regulating crime and violence in TNT.

As far as I'm aware, professional club matches in Brazil and Colombia, places that suffer from a much more endemic crime and delinquence problem than TnT, don't suffer from the same attendance problems people are trying to solve on this thread. Hell, I hardly doubt that nightclub/fete attendance has suffered from the crime situation. Trinidad is the last place in the world that people will let insecurity stop them from having a good time.

I think you kinda off target with that shot...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »

Obviously, any plans like these depend a lot on the sentiment of public security that reigns, but you really can't be serious if you're even suggesting that the Proleague/TTFF/FPATT/SW. NEt should equally draft a plan for regulating crime and violence in TNT.

As far as I'm aware, professional club matches in Brazil and Colombia, places that suffer from a much more endemic crime and delinquence problem than TnT, don't suffer from the same attendance problems people are trying to solve on this thread. Hell, I hardly doubt that nightclub/fete attendance has suffered from the crime situation. Trinidad is the last place in the world that people will let insecurity stop them from having a good time.

I think you kinda off target with that shot...

shot ?...look doh be jokey...hear wha...excuse meh ...ah lil tired of dealin with ah setta lil chupidness, cause any individual isn't the whole deal. an idea lead to another, an it grows, it doh dun there...but shot....then Bakes in another thread under the impression I putting forwards ideas of opposition, simply when ah tryin to demonstrate, it musn't stop with the initial idea, there are other forward steps....look ahmeh dohh..ah have no reason to ....yuh real have meh tie up here....ok, ah think every good idea, from badjack to triniscout is good stuff...point finale...I over an out....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
Example of a rarely used but much better camera angle with crowd somewhat visible. However still not able to zoom and see/feel de expressions of the audience.
http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1514&Itemid=109

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
ttpro League
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »
whats wrong with the Digicel TTpro League, why from since its creation in 1999 the fan base has not expanded.
while the bmobile super league with less money and less media attention is able the draw out an acceptable amount of support.

Does anyone one knows if there is any plans on the table for them to start drawing some more fans like what is usually present at the FCB CUP final
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
send this to dat stinking stupid mudder c#nt scotch and coconut water drinking f#cker Camps
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ttpro League
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
whats wrong with the Digicel TTpro League, why from since its creation in 1999 the fan base has not expanded.
while the bmobile super league with less money and less media attention is able the draw out an acceptable amount of support.

Does anyone one knows if there is any plans on the table for them to start drawing some more fans like what is usually present at the FCB CUP final

Super League more tie 2 communities thus more support. As 4 d pro League d 400 pm week day game males no sense. Plus 3 and 5 on sat mankind and woman kind have nuff ting goin on. 6 and 8 strt go b a lil betta.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »

Super League more tie 2 communities thus more support. As 4 d pro League d 400 pm week day game males no sense. Plus 3 and 5 on sat mankind and woman kind have nuff ting goin on. 6 and 8 strt go b a lil betta.

Dais it they Weary.....the timing and the location.....last year when the League was wrapping up, on The Fearless one's radio programme the number one concern of the fans of the two teams taking part in the final was the distance away from where they lived and the logistics to get to the game....

But if we could think bout these things.....wha happen to the folks in charge of the league??   ??? :-\

And whatever happened to that plan to attend a pro league game as a group....I can't find the thread....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:01:24 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 06:14:00 AM »

Dais it they Weary.....the timing and the location.....last year when the League was wrapping up, on The Fearless one's radio programme the number one concern of the fans of the two teams taking part in the final was the distance away from where they lived and the logistics to get to the game....

But if we could think bout these things.....wha happen to the folks in charge of the league??   ??? :-\

And whatever happened to that plan to attend a pro league game as a group....I can't find the thread....

Yeah what about dat game. Let us find 1.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>