March 28, 2024, 07:22:42 AM

Author Topic: DaMarcus Beasley out with torn knee ligaments  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DaMarcus Beasley out with torn knee ligaments
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:53 AM »
Gers suffer Beasley blow

Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley may not play again this season after sustaining a serious knee injury in Tuesday's Champions League defeat at Stuttgart.

The American will return to his homeland for an operation on the injury that he picked up after tangling with the German side's keeper Rafael Schafer.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DaMarcus Beasley out with torn knee ligaments
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
While I have had alot of admiration and respect for DaMarcus Beasley (and, most likely will always continue to do so) I can only be frustrated with this injury since it could have been absolutely avoided.  He tried to win a ball in a 1 on 1 with the GK (with a defender dangerously bearing down on.......well, the BOTH of them) in a situation where he was more likely to be the loser than anybody else and he should have just skipped over the 'keeper and live to fight another day.  I feel bad for him but he should have played that situation a little smarter. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »
dat sad, de man eal cool, best wishes fella.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »
I missed the actual injury, but saw news of it a couple days ago and was real disappointed for him he'd started to settle in nicely with Rangers.  My biggest concern is that Beasley isn't the most skilled of players, speed is his greatest asset, and the first to be sacrificed with an ACL injury as here.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 02:49:56 AM »
Anything to make we path easier in de Concacaf.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »
It's a facked up thing to be celebrating a man's injury fella.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 08:05:19 AM »

I agree..... :devil:  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
It's a facked up thing to be celebrating a man's injury fella.

funny, because i was thinking the same thing and refused to write it. I doubt I'm the only one in that situation, too.

On a less long term perspective, he was a real thorn in the side against Lyon in the first CL game - might just make the Rangers counterattacks less dangerous in the must win return leg in Hampden.

Hope he gets well as soon as possible though. ACL is a hell of a thing
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
i eh celebrating the man injury.. i wish him the best and hope he has a speedy recovery..

but does that mean we have to ignore the implication of his injury on the strength of one of our direct opponents, and by extension our campaign?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
i eh celebrating the man injury.. i wish him the best and hope he has a speedy recovery..

but does that mean we have to ignore the implication of his injury on the strength of one of our direct opponents, and by extension our campaign?
It means yuh shut up and at least pretend to have some class.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »

and i'm guessing class is something you possess in glorious abundance?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »
and the week is off to a good start ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »

You'd have to guess since you wouldn't know class if it ran up on you and bit you on the ass.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

You'd have to guess since you wouldn't know class if it ran up on you and bit you on the ass.

and after class takes a bite, dont worry...  there'll be plenty of real estate left there for you to plant yuh lips..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »
and after class takes a bite, dont worry...  there'll be plenty of real estate left there for you to plant yuh lips..

I'm sure that's how you get your jollies Ho-mar, but I'll pass.  I'm sure your some of your friends down on George St. could give you ideas about what to do with all that real estate yuh bragging about.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »
Lord have mercy..........all yuh real great yes.....look how de injury mashing up we more dan Beasley himself

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »
All of that diatribe from a discussion of DaNarcus Beasley'sinjury?  Well! Well! Well!  People cool down a but!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

I really hadn't thought about that, considering that I think we would always have a hard time against the US, no matter who they put on the field.  Until or federation and, by extension, National team show me something different in terms of their entire approach to preparing for the upcoming campaign, I don't feel we should even focus too much on trying to beat the USA an/or Mexico, should we have to face them.  We just have to try and keep the scores respectable (meaning a draw or one-goal loss) and be more concerned about beating Guatemala and Cuba.....both home and away!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 12:16:56 PM »

I really hadn't thought about that, considering that I think we would always have a hard time against the US, no matter who they put on the field.  Until or federation and, by extension, National team show me something different in terms of their entire approach to preparing for the upcoming campaign, I don't feel we should even focus too much on trying to beat the USA an/or Mexico, should we have to face them.  We just have to try and keep the scores respectable (meaning a draw or one-goal loss) and be more concerned about beating Guatemala and Cuba.....both home and away!!

keepin scores respectable is BS..if yuh goin out den go out fu ah win end of story yuh cyar hol bac again so in football...a better side mite beat we and a lesser side mite beat we...we mite beat a better side an beat a lesser side...if u callin loss so easy den is bess yuh screw off yuh pegs one time...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:33:48 PM »

keepin scores respectable is BS..if yuh goin out den go out fu ah win end of story yuh cyar hol bac again so in football...a better side mite beat we and a lesser side mite beat we...we mite beat a better side an beat a lesser side...if u callin loss so easy den is bess yuh screw off yuh pegs one time...
If you was World Cup coach, Sweden woulda hand we bout 8.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 02:05:11 PM »

I wasn't trying to suggest that we would have an easier time against the US cause as a matter of fact.. i think our cutass booked in any case.

But the point i was trying to make is that if a man feel to discuss how the injury would hurt their chances/enhance ours then he should feel free to express that...

Yuh feel we woulda be crying any long tears if we heard beckham was injury before our game against enland?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:48 PM »
I am sorry about his injury but I hope it keeps him out of matches against TT if that is possible.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »

Well, I'm terribly sorry that you missed the whole gist of my post, but since you have the master plan in place to finally render onto the USA, the cut-arse that which is theirs and lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng overdue and turn history on it's head (in a meaningful game that counts, mind you) Then I say you walk in Skulliver sCamps office with resume in hand and tell 'im to get rid of the entire coaching staff and hire you for the job..  In fact, fuhget de damned resume! Jes' go and take over the next training session and send Wim and Co. on dey way! I guarantee you, the coaching staff is counting NO MORE than TWO POINTS to be gained against the USA........and the USA is counting NO LESS than SIX against us.  We have not shown the ability to compete against them with any degree of consistency.  While the Americans will not approach us with complacency, they know very well that once they come out in any meaningful game against us and execute their game plan, we are no match for them...............no matter how tight we tighten our pegs, we know  it, too.  It takes a whole lot more than determination and bravado to take on and defeat a superior opponent, Boss.  You have to first have the tools and the necessary substance. 

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
American winger Beasley's car blown up in Glasgow
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
this stinks of racism.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35216413/ns/sports-soccer/

GLASGOW, Scotland - United States midfielder DaMarcus Beasley's BMW has been set on fire outside his home in Glasgow.

The incident happened Monday in the Scottish city. Beasley said Wednesday on Twitter that "someone blew up my car." He added that he was "glad no one got hurt."

Strathclyde Police says it is treating the incident as "willful fireraising" and that inquiries are ongoing.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: American winger Beasley's car blown up in Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »
Whoa!  Daz some serious shit dey.

However....why immediately assume is racism?

Is not like Beasley is de first black player to play in Scotland or dey have a history of dese kinds of attacks against black players dey.

It could be anyting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »
see what happens when you trying to impersonate a footballer.

serious thing though.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »
Racism is the likely culprit. Of course it could be anything but if you had to put money on why, racism will get the money.

He's has a history of being racially abused. He was abused in the Netherlands and in Europe in the Champions League with Rangers and while in Scotland.
He's been having that problem for a while.

Not only him but the other Black American player Maurice Edu was racially abused by his own Rangers fans after a game he didn't even play in.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beasley's car set on fire outside his Glasgow home
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 12:26:13 PM »
Beasley's car set on fire outside his Glasgow home
ESPN.com news services

GLASGOW, Scotland -- United States midfielder DaMarcus Beasley's BMW has been set on fire outside his home in Glasgow.

The incident happened Monday in the Scottish city. Beasley, who plays for Glasgow Rangers in the Scottish Premier League, said Wednesday on Twitter that "someone blew up my car." He added that he was "glad no one got hurt."

Strathclyde Police says it is treating the incident as "willful fireraising" and that inquiries are ongoing.

Rangers has described it as a "disturbing and deplorable incident." The club is currently in first place, 10 points ahead of archrival Glasgow Celtic.

It's not the first time Beasley has faced vandalism or abuse during his career in Europe.

In December 2008, Beasley's car was broken into and ransacked outside his home. It was the fourth in a series of break-ins targeting Rangers players.

Beasley and teammate Maurice Edu have also suffered racial taunts from fans at matches during their careers in Europe.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »
Not that it makes that much of a difference, but I hope it wasn't racially motivated- calling a man names is one thing, but intentionally destroying property- that's just too much... I eh care what your beliefs are. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:44:52 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
I cant see it being racially motivated. Possibly football related, but dat doesnt make it race.

Glasgow is a tough city, but not to de point where black people are getting lynched

1]; } ?>