April 28, 2024, 10:05:58 PM

Author Topic: Thank You Diego: Rooney better than Kaka  (Read 10533 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank You Diego: Rooney better than Kaka
« on: December 04, 2007, 06:41:09 AM »
Great minds think alike

Maradona - Rooney better than Kaka

Diego Maradona does not believe Kaka is the best player in the world after he picked up the Ballon d'Or.

Indeed the Argentine legend says that Manchester Unietd and England star Wayne Rooney has more to offer than the Brazilian ;D(agreed) - who was crowned World Footballer of the Year at the weekend.

"I don't know too well how the election is done but I think(So does Small Mag ;D) that Rooney is better than Kaka," Maradona explained in El Grafico.

"Milan is a team that depends all the time on Kaka but that doesn't make him the best player in the world."

Boca loyalty

Maradona also looked ahead to the Fifa Club World Cup which kicks-off in Japan later this month and where his beloved Boca Juniors are favourites, along with Milan, to meet in the final.

"In my opinion Boca has chances to win the Fifa Club Championship. Everyone is talking about Milan, but if Kaka doesn't play well they will be in problems because they depend too much on him," he said.

"I am not scared of Milan, I only want Boca to get to the competition in good physical condition."

Speaking of his current favourites in football - Maradona ruled on who he feels is the pick of his fellow countrymen.

"At the moment the best three Argentinian players are Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Juan Roman Riquelme."

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2943022,00.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:43:26 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You Diego: Rooney better than Kaka
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:49:43 AM »
sad to see Diego is back on the crack pipe again.   :'(

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:50:26 AM »

yadda yadda yadda...  Brazilians sticking up for each other again

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:06:15 AM »
can of worms son
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
If Maradona don't know how the elections are done, then the first thing to do is to educate himself before he opens his mouth.

I doh understand the part that because Kaka's team depend a lot on him, that make Rooney the better player.

I wonder how much goals Rooney score in Europe for the season...hmmmm...ah wonder is is more than 10 ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
If Maradona don't know how the elections are done, then the first thing to do is to educate himself before he opens his mouth.

I doh understand the part that because Kaka's team depend a lot on him, that make Rooney the better player.

I wonder how much goals Rooney score in Europe for the season...hmmmm...ah wonder is is more than 10 ?

well he played 4 CL games thus far and scored 3.. the one which he didnt he was returning from a broken foot...

Diego isnt really talking about his goalscoring.. he is talking about his overall play... his drive determination and his style of almost being unplayable at times...   he creates fizz in utd's play... when he is absent from a Utd XI ... they suffer..

Obviously i am trying to get ppl angry with the first post and i know Kaka is the best in the world followed by CR7.. but Wazza is right up there.. and if he does not get injured again this season you will see for yourself what a talent he is..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:25:14 AM »
Same ting I was tinking.  :rotfl:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 07:30:05 AM »
can of worms son

Small Mag....listen to yuh father  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:51 AM »
is how much money so he hav to spend on rehab?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
Small Mag please.....you smoking de pipe wid Maradonna too??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:20:15 AM »
Obviously i am trying to get ppl angry with the first post and i know Kaka is the best in the world followed by CR7.. but Wazza is right up there.. and if he does not get injured again this season you will see for yourself what a talent he is..

SM, would you genuinely put Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of Messi? Forget about the Ballon D'or - I mean your personal opinion...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
I think Kaka is great, but even as a huge Brazilian fan, I think he's overrated.

He's huge for Milan because he's the only real dose of pace in their starting line up, but I've seen alotta games both for Milan & Brazil where he's had no impact and I think he's not that difficult to take out of a game......

I think he's the most dangerous player in the world when at full speed, and given room, but outside of such situations there isn't really anything that separates him from the crop of other really good players.....

C.Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, and even Robinho are as good or better than Kaka on their day.

Just my opinion.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »
Great minds think alike

Maradona - Rooney better than Kaka

"In my opinion Boca has chances to win the Fifa Club Championship. Everyone is talking about Milan, but if Kaka doesn't play well they will be in problems because they depend too much on him," he said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2943022,00.html
:-\

Diego isnt really talking about his goalscoring.. he is talking about his overall play... his drive determination and his style of almost being unplayable at times... he creates fizz in utd's play... when he is absent from a Utd XI ... they suffer..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »

yuh realise he didnt say Ronaldo, he say Rooney. A case I been tryin to make all de time. Ronaldo has flair but Rooney is de Best player on dat side apart from Vidic... ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 11:54:35 AM »

yuh realise he didnt say Ronaldo, he say Rooney. A case I been tryin to make all de time. Ronaldo has flair but Rooney is de Best player on dat side apart from Vidic... ;D ;D

I hear yuh...I personally think Giggs is the best player on dat side closely followed by Rooney. Now that his attitude his kept more in check I admire his game a lot

but better than Kaka ... Maradona will never admit that a Brazilian is the best in the world, even if it is Ronaldinho at the height of his abilities

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »
I think Kaka is great, but even as a huge Brazilian fan, I think he's overrated.

He's huge for Milan because he's the only real dose of pace in their starting line up, but I've seen alotta games both for Milan & Brazil where he's had no impact and I think he's not that difficult to take out of a game......

I think he's the most dangerous player in the world when at full speed, and given room, but outside of such situations there isn't really anything that separates him from the crop of other really good players.....

C.Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, and even Robinho are as good or better than Kaka on their day.

Just my opinion.

agreed. he was the pick of the crop for a large part of last season. he was in great form and he is a player with a little bit of everything. but there are players who are can be just as good or better on their day. wha's de big deal if Diego rate Rooney. he is a real talent and is all just opinion.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 12:18:30 PM »
yuh realise he didnt say Ronaldo, he say Rooney. A case I been tryin to make all de time. Ronaldo does dive toooooo much, but Rooney is de Best player on dat side apart from Vidic... ;D ;D
I sort of fixed dat for you a bit ;)
Now ya talkin
Rooney is boss
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »
You have to be mental to say Rooney better than Kaka. (Diego)

I think Kaka is great, but even as a huge Brazilian fan, I think he's overrated. He's huge for Milan because he's the only real dose of pace in their starting line up, but I've seen alotta games both for Milan & Brazil where he's had no impact and I think he's not that difficult to take out of a game......

Just my opinion.

He may be over  rated but he is better and get more success on the pitch that Rooney (Individually).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
but better than Kaka ... Maradona will never admit that a Brazilian is the best in the world, even if it is Ronaldinho at the height of his abilities

Grande bredrin, yuh hittin de nail on de head. Hear wha going on ...

1. De Brazilian- Argentinian rivalry ... Diego still smarting from witnessing total destruction in Venezuela and sticking to the party line  ... (no comment on any other 'lines' that may be attracting his attention ...) :)

2. By tossing an Englishman out there he's also touching on another Argentina rivalry that would resonate at home and immediately be understood by most listeners to be arseness. He ent really trying to promote Rooney. His main objective is to denigrate Kaka.

There is no Argentinian alive that believes an Englishman is the best player in the world today. None. Take that to the bank.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »

Grande bredrin, yuh hittin de nail on de head. Hear wha going on ...

1. De Brazilian- Argentinian rivalry ... Diego still smarting from witnessing total destruction in Venezuela and sticking to the party line  ... (no comment on any other 'lines' that may be attracting his attention ...) :)

2. By tossing an Englishman out there he's also touching on another Argentina rivalry that would resonate at home and immediately be understood by most listeners to be arseness. He ent really trying to promote Rooney. His main objective is to denigrate Kaka.

There is no Argentinian alive that believes an Englishman is the best player in the world today. None. Take that to the bank.

May come as a surprise, but Diego somewhat of a "Brazil friendly" Argentine. He's good friends with alot of Brazilian players of the 80's notably - Careca & Zico....and he was known for raving about Rivaldo in his time.......so I dunno if he's out to denigrate Kaka.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »
Kaka and Rooney are two excellent football players.  However they play two different positions. They play for two different clubs with very different styles. Similarly they play for two different countries with different styles.  If you want to compare the two players, look at who makes the bigger contribution to their respective clubs and countries. Look at who plays his position more effectively.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 02:09:20 PM »
It is absolutely amazing to see the kinda thoughts that does formulate in people minds and don't have no kinda self-check mechanism in place to prevent them thoughts from going through the process of becoming words flowing out they mouth.  Maradonna should shame to have an opinion like that.  Nex ting he go say is dat Scottie Pippen was really better dan Michael Jordan?
  Maybe somebody slip some crystal meth in he crack pipe, too........
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:13:05 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
Same ting I was tinking.  :rotfl:

Same here.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
1.) Rooney better than kaka'... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:....England cant even make euro's...want rooney doin for his country rather than his club....World player of the year..not club player of the year.

2.) i kno ppl will get vex with me when i say this....but the prem league is d most overated league in d world...its pretty hard 2 get a world player of the year playin there...ask yuhself how many players did it?..most players of the year award come from spanish and italian league.
akinlabinho

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
to quote the late, great Rick James, "Cocaine is ah hell of a drug". proves once again, being a great footballer doesn't mean yuh exempted from being ah damn ass....anyway he entitled to he own opinion.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
ok right so rooney better than kaka?ok w/e fine...... but is rooney as intelligent as kaka? hell flikkin no!!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »
 that is real KAka hole talk 

I  ka ka b b believe d m m man say dat
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 07:26:42 AM »
What I do agree on is Milan depend too much on Kaka. Even me with my little football knowledge
has said this on past threads.

As for Rooney being better than Kaka, like he miss the CL game last year between the two teams. Diego now joining Pele for activating mouth before brain. 
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 07:59:47 AM »
What I do agree on is Milan depend too much on Kaka. Even me with my little football knowledge

As for Rooney being better than Kaka, like he miss the CL game last year between the two teams. Diego now joining Pele for activating mouth before brain. 

Milan depends to much on Kaka ...  I dont agree. AC Milan is strong in every department ( except for an unpredictable DIDA ) name a weakness in that team other than the goalkeeper !

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »

Milan depends to much on Kaka ...  I dont agree. AC Milan is strong in every department ( except for an unpredictable DIDA ) name a weakness in that team other than the goalkeeper !

I'll name two..

Inzaghi and Gilardino...

1]; } ?>