April 27, 2024, 02:13:12 AM

Author Topic: Stern wants to take out frustrations on Hull  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern wants to take out frustrations on Hull
« on: December 07, 2007, 08:14:44 AM »
By Adrian Kajumba (Southern Daily Echo)

STERN John is aiming to take out the disappointment and frustration of Tuesday's Sheffield Wednesday stalemate on Hull tomorrow.

The overwhelming feeling in the home dressing room after the midweek 0-0 draw was that Saints had missed a good opportunity to build on last week's win at Leicester with another victory.

They had most possession - the stats show a 52-48 per cent split in Saints' favour - but just failed to find that cutting edge in the final third.

John, who saw his first-half strike chalked off after a marginal offside call, is now looking ahead to Hull's visit.

He said: "We were really disappointed (with the draw against Sheff Wed) because we deserved to beat them.

"After they beat us 5-0 the lads were really frustrated and we wanted to come out on Tuesday and really play well.

"We did that but just didn't get the result we wanted to and we are disappointed.

"We tried everything but it just wasn't happening and though I don't like to complain about the referees, they weren't doing us any favours too.

"But it is water under the bridge and we have another important game on Saturday and hopefully we can go out there and do the business."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern wants to take out frustrations on Hull
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »

JUST CONTINUE BUSSING THE NET JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL DE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »
I FED UP A ONE GOAL STERN

SCORE 2 NAH??? ;D
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
Ah smelling ah hattrick over de weekend.... might be from Bravo, Scotty..........or maybe Kenwyne? ;D
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
Ah smelling ah hattrick over de weekend.....or maybe Kenwyne? ;D
in day Chelseacatunks ;D

and what colour day would be feeling?
Blue is de colour :devil:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:16:11 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
Nah, Stern is the brace champion...he will score two. He is save the hattriicks for special occasions.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 01:33:25 AM »
Buss de net Stern!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern warning
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »
Stern warning
saintsfc.co.uk

Stern John knows just what to expect from Phil Brown's Hull side today.

The Trinidad and Tobago international played under the Tigers boss during his seven-game loan spell at Derby in 2005-06 when Brown was in charge.

After last season's successful battle against relegation, Hull have made a decent start to this campaign with many of their fans now believing they can push for promotion.
They are ahead of Saints on goal difference and John knows it will be another difficult afternoon against well-drilled opposition.

He said: "I know Phil Brown and his teams work hard so it is not going to be be an easy game for us.
"He is a decent young manager coming into the game and he has worked under Sam Allardyce for a couple of years.

"He knows the ins and outs of the game and how to set his team out to get a result.
"No team is going to lie down and let us walk all over them. They will come here and work hard and we have to be ready for that."

That is something Saints have to get used to with teams coming to St Mary's looking for a point with Sheffield Wednesday gaining a goalless draw here in midweek.
It was a frustrating night for George Burley's men but John is confident they can cut through the Hull ranks today if they continue to show the same spark.

He added: "We came out of the traps quickly against Sheffield Wednesday - and we will have to have that same mentality today.
"But this time we need to get the early goal. If we do that then I think we are capable of beating teams by four or five.

"Most of the visiting sides come to St Mary's looking for a point. They play with two banks of four and often one up front and it is up to us to break them down.
"We have the quality and the team spirit to do that. Hopefully we can break down Hull and get the result we really need to get into the top half of the table."

John has looked sharp, scoring twice in the last four games and having two more efforts disallowed for tight offside decisions.

He said: "I feel sharp. I am getting fitter with every game and I feel comfortable in this side which plays to my strengths, knocking the ball in to my feet or chest.

"I feel have struck up a good partnership with Bradley Wright-Phillips but I am could also play alongside any of our other strikers because I am a team player.

"I had to be patient when I first came here because Grzegorz and Bradley were doing well but now I have got a chance I feel I am taking it. I am really happy and hopefully that will continue."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »

SCORE 2 NAH??? ;D
Wish granted plus one. hattrick

Ah smelling ah hattrick over de weekend.... might be from Bravo, Scotty..........or maybe Kenwyne? ;D

What is the lotto numbers this week?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:46:23 AM »
men spot on
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »

SCORE 2 NAH??? ;D
YUH HAPPY NOW!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 11:28:32 AM »
Aaaaaaaahh.....dat hattrick smelling sweeeeet.;D  There is only one Legend 14!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 11:51:01 AM »
By Adrian Kajumba (Southern Daily Echo)

.........I think we are capable of beating teams by four or five (SJ).

Need we say more.......

Who smelling 20+ this season?

Go stern continue to let the boots do the talking.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 11:52:51 AM by lp »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »
Nah, Stern is the brace champion...he will score two. He is save the hattriicks for special occasions.

Hmmmmmm, i wonder what is de special occasion for this?  Interesting! He must be pull in a best ting last night!

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:30:40 PM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »
No.14 was not joking when he said he wanted to take out he frustrations yes!...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
Sound like his 3rd goal rivaling Carlos own for greatness. All them Southampton fans raving. Some calling it an all-time Southampton classic.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
http://www.comeonboro.com/matches/07082555.php

CHAMPIONSHIP - SOUTHAMPTON 4 HULL CITY 0 - MATCH REPORT

Stern John bagged a second-half hat-trick as Southampton romped to an emphatic win over Hull at St Mary's.

The Tigers came into the game without a win in three and looking to bounce back from their midweek defeat away to relegation contenders Preston.

But they were undone two minutes before the interval as former Manchester City striker Bradley Wright-Phillips headed in his fourth goal of the season.

If Hull gave as good as they got in the first half, the second was all about John. The Trinidad and Tobago forward doubled the Saints' lead with a close-range header and then added two more in the space of two minutes to reignite the hosts' promotion hopes.

The win extended the Saints' unbeaten run to three games and saw them leapfrog their opponents in the table.

It was the visitors carved out the first chance of the match after 10 minutes when evergreen striker Dean Windass met Samuel Ricketts' cross, but his header from six yards flew wide.

Rudi Skacel tried to respond for the Saints, attempting an audacious lob over Tigers goalkeeper Boaz Myhill from the left edge of the penalty area, which dropped wide of the far post.

But Hull could have been in front moments later. Bryan Hughes' cross was blocked by Andrew Surman, and the ball fell to Jay-Jay Okocha, whose chip into the box was headed tamely over the bar by Damien Delaney.

Surman was in the thick of the action at the other end just before the half hour, his venomous goalbound drive superbly blocked by Ricketts.

And the lively Surman showed why he has attracted the eye of England Under-21s boss Stuart Pearce when he let fly again from 25 yards, forcing Myhill into a fine save.

But just as Hull looked like they had done enough to go in level, Wright-Phillips rose highest to meet Adam Hammill's right-wing cross from six yards and plant a header past Myhill.

The home side should have doubled their lead two minutes after the restart when an inswinging corner from the left by Youssef Safri was met by Andrew Davies, but the on-loan defender's close-range header flew wide.

But they did not have long to wait for a two-goal cushion. Hammill was again the provider from out wide, crossing for John to bury a firm header after 58 minutes.

The impressive Hammill looked to grab the glory for himself five minutes later, but his fierce effort from long range was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Myhill.

Substitute Stephen McPhee had a chance to halve the deficit, but could only head weakly wide after being picked out by Bryan Hughes.

Dean Marney then blasted an effort over the bar from the edge of the area, but Southampton's lead never looked under threat, and John made it three with 14 minutes remaining, slotting Marek Saganowski's pass into the bottom corner.

The veteran striker still was not finished and completed his hat-trick in some style two minutes later, crashing a fantastic volley into the roof of the net from way out for his ninth goal of the season.
 8) :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:25:44 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
Every team Stern take out yuh fustration
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »
ah know ah should appreciate the moment-and i do-but all i could think bout is Stern and Kenwyne against dem poor CONCACAF teams in WC qualification...South Africa HERE WE COME!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
What we coaching staff  have to do is look at  Southamptons formation and service they provide to Stern to understand how we need to set up our own team. How we expect Stern to deliver for we if we not setting him up nice ..nice..!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »
well yes.. a hattrick to take out he frustrations??

pressure befall the next sket who he decide to relieve he worries on...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
well yes.. a hattrick to take out he frustrations??

pressure befall the next sket who he decide to relieve he worries on...

greatest post ever............we need to see dem goals how allyuh stickin so
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 09:04:41 AM »
WE NEED HIGHLIGHTS

1]; } ?>