April 19, 2024, 09:08:50 PM

Author Topic: Sir Alex Ferguson feels it is 'ridiculous' that Manchester United have only twic  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2949992,00.html

Sir Alex Ferguson feels it is 'ridiculous' that Manchester United have only twice been European champions.

United first won the competition in 1968 before Ferguson guided the team to UEFA Champions League success in 1999.

The long-serving Scot is determined to lift the trophy again and believes he has a squad capable of fulfilling that objective this season.

But Ferguson was also left to lament the restrictions which he feels prevented him from winning the tournament in the mid-1990s.

"I'd love to win it again," said Ferguson. "We've only won it twice and it's ridiculous that this club has only won it twice.

Tough as nails

"This club is made for European Cups and we have a chance this year.

"The 1994 was arguably the best team I've had and if we hadn't had the ruling on the amount of foreigners you could play then we could possibly have won the European Cup then.

"The team was that good. It was powerful, had great personalities and was tough as nails with some real match-winners.

"The Treble-winning 1999 team's achievements are unparalleled and the present squad can go on to great success - but you can only judge a team on what it has achieved."

...........or a manager by what he has "under" achieved.  For all the resources that fergie has had at his disposal throughout his tenure as manager of this team, IT IS ridiculous that this team has been so highly rated, and fergie has been so highly regarded, and has yet, to this day, only won ONE Champions' League trophy, albeit a gift of a trophy handed to them by Bayern Munich and their coaching staff.   "Win" it again, fergie.  Give credence to your legend.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

Sir Alex Ferguson feels it is 'ridiculous' that Manchester United have only twice been European champions.

United first won the competition in 1968 before Ferguson guided the team to UEFA Champions League success in 1999.

The long-serving Scot is determined to lift the trophy again and believes he has a squad capable of fulfilling that objective this season.

But Ferguson was also left to lament the restrictions which he feels prevented him from winning the tournament in the mid-1990s.

"I'd love to win it again," said Ferguson. "We've only won it twice and it's ridiculous that this club has only won it twice.

Tough as nails

"The 1994 was arguably the best team I've had and if we hadn't had the ruling on the amount of foreigners you could play then we could possibly have won the European Cup then.

"The team was that good. It was powerful, had great personalities and was tough as nails with some real match-winners.

"The Treble-winning 1999 team's achievements are unparalleled and the present squad can go on to great success - but you can only judge a team on what it has achieved."

...........or a manager by what he has "under" achieved.  For all the resources that fergie has had at his disposal throughout his tenure as manager of this team, IT IS ridiculous that this team has been so highly rated, and fergie has been so highly regarded, and has yet, to this day, only won ONE Champions' League trophy, albeit a gift of a trophy handed to them by Bayern Munich and their coaching staff.   "Win" it again, fergie.  Give credence to your legend.

Chow shut it! You know you just happy to piggy back on what the manager already and readily acknowledges! So say something that he has not already said. You know is a United v Chelski ting. :-) Cheers!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Tough as nails

Chow shut it! You know you just happy to piggy back on what the manager already and readily acknowledges! So say something that he has not already said. You know is a United v Chelski ting. :-) Cheers!

Hullyuh arse! You know damned well I've been sayin' it for years now!  He only comin' out now and saying it because he trying to be clever.  He feel he going and win it this year so he primin' de media early o'clock.  Fergie tink he slick!  I hope like hell one o' de other "big sides" ressit on allyuh!! :flamethrower: fyah fuh allyuh!!

giggsy11

Tough as nails

Hullyuh arse! You know damned well I've been sayin' it for years now!  He only comin' out now and saying it because he trying to be clever.  He feel he going and win it this year so he primin' de media early o'clock.  Fergie tink he slick!  I hope like hell one o' de other "big sides" ressit on allyuh!! :flamethrower: fyah fuh allyuh!!

LOL! Sweet!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
stueps mango Chelsea ever win a champions league trophy  ::) but u talking hmmm  :P
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
stueps mango Chelsea ever win a champions league trophy  ::) but u talking hmmm  :P

Not at all.....but if Jose had the same resources at Chelsea for the same period of time, during the same era that fergie had at manUre......I'm willing to bet HE woulda had more than just 1 by now!  In fact, jose beat one ah allyuh "big squads" on he way to his lone CL trophy, with a lesser squad, yuh remember dat?  :devil:

Yuh damned RIGHT to stueps!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:39:40 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
stueps  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>