April 27, 2024, 03:05:30 PM

Author Topic: Britto returns from Portsmouth stint.  (Read 5705 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Britto returns from Portsmouth stint.
« on: December 11, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »
Britto returns from Portsmouth stint.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Under 15 team captain Jerrel Britto arrived home on Monday following a two-week trial with English Premiership club Portsmouth FC.
The Queen’s Royal College CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh Under 15 team member had the opportunity to train with Portsmouth’s Under 16 and Under 18 teams after being invited following his outstanding performances for T&T at the 2007 Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup.
Britto was spotted by a visiting scout and Portsmouth extended the invitation to him and his parents to visit the club last month.
“It was an amazing experience for me as a 15-year old getting that opportunity to train with a club like Portsmouth,” Britto told TTFF Media. “Amazing is the best word I can think of because it was the first time I attended a professional club like that and at first I trained with the Under 16s but then the coaches decided to put me with the Under 18s. At the moment their U18s are described as the best passing team in the youth league in England so it suited my game well,” he added.
“I had the chance to gain the knowledge as well as interact with the other players there. Of course they asked a lot about the football in Trinidad because of us playing in the World Cup last year and they also knew about the Under 17s going to Korea. Overall I had to be patient and do my best. They have asked me to come back for another trial in January, this time without my parents, and if things go well they could keep me with one of their youth teams,” Britto added.
His mother Gillian, who accompanied him on the trip, was equally excited but patient as well.
“The opportunity came up after they saw him at the CFU Cup and we went ahead with it. They arranged for us to accompany him and things went pretty well. We hope the same will happen when he goes back on his own in January,” Mrs Britto relayed.
Britto led all scorers at the 2007 CFU Youth Cup with 15 goals and was also a member of the provisional T&T Under 17 squad during the qualifiers for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:24:45 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Britto returns from Portsmouth stint
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:03:34 PM »
Good luck, young man.  All of TT is behind you! 2014 we will need you!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:09:52 PM »
Best of luck on the next trial
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »
This is really exciting stuff, I hope he does well in January.  Going without his parents will make it more difficult for him, but I am sure he is aware of tht and will prepare accordingly.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
small man need to spend Christmas in the US training.  England in January real cold.

He should take the Christmas in the cold to train and acclimatise.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
Jerrel, keep up the excellent work and seize the opportunity in January. You have the support of everyone here. You have the confidence and ability to move to the next stage. Good luck!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
Go Britto!! Go QRC!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »
Congrats......Hope all goes well in 2008

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Good News

Hope all goes well with Trial # 2.......usually if they want you back without your parents, that is a good sign isnt it?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Britto returns from Portsmouth stint.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »
Good job Britto
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »
Anytime now or when he returns from SSFL All Star fixtures may believe that Shandhon Winchester  the Under 15 vice/co-captain would be called on Trails also , he is said to be tactically smarter and way more skillful than Britto.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »
small man need to spend Christmas in the US training.  England in January real cold.

Yuh probably mean the US like in florida or southern california ? not any where above maryland.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:03:27 PM »
real good news, hope the lord bless him with a bright future for our national team and also his professional career..

God is de BOSS....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »
Keep at it Jerrel
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »

Yuh probably mean the US like in florida or southern california ? not any where above maryland.
how cold does Florida or Southern california get?  are you kidding?

If you want to be able to play in the cold you have to get accustomed to it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »

I think he just missed your point...even I had to kinda read it twice before I got it.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 01:13:56 AM »
Looks a good prospect. Lets hope if the TTFF give him a bit more backing if needed than they did for Peltier.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:09 AM »

I guess i missunderstood you, my bad . when you said england gets really cold i thought you were suggesting that the US was warmer, hence the reason for my response, doh take it on, i facked up. apologies.          positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 11:06:03 AM »

Hard Work and Determination does always pay off. The Lord looking down youth, just keep at it, work hard and give him the glory and your options will be limitless. All the best in January.

1]; } ?>