March 29, 2024, 04:05:43 AM

Author Topic: Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup.  (Read 3203 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup.
« on: December 11, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup.
By: (via AndreBaptiste.com).

To Whom It May Concern:

Over the last week, I have been reading several articles by locally renowned sport journalists as it pertains to Joe Public FC and its apparent unsupportive stance with participation with the 2007 Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup. There were many wrong assumptions made in this regard, and it would be remiss of me, to not correct all relevant persons associated and interested in this matter. For ease of reference, I am listing them in bullet format.

(1) The decision for our players to not participate in the recently concluded Shaka Hislop Tribute was my decision and not that of Mr. Jack Warner or any other director of Joe Public Football Club.  It is also informative to note that Mr. Jack Warner is not involved with Joe Public FC in any manner apart from being the founder of the club along with my elder brother, Mr. Daryan Warner.  The day-to-day functions associated with Joe Public FC are managed from my office.

(2) The Pro League's request for Joe Public players came from an unofficial telephone call (3-4 days prior to the event) from the coach of the TT Pro League Foreign all star team.  No official correspondence came to Joe Public FC's office in a timely manner nor did anyone from the Pro League office contact Joe Public FC directly as is customary.  Apart from the telephone call from the coach and the newspapers, Joe Public FC office was not aware that any players from our club would have been requested for this tournament.

(3) Upon receiving an unofficial telephone call, I wrote the Pro league office expressing my displeasure with same and asked the Pro League office of the insurance coverage for players in this tournament since my insurance company would not cover my players for this tournament as it was not disclosed to them in Feb 2007 when I renewed my insurance policy for players/members of my club.  I got no response to my request for information on insurance coverage for players in this tournament nor did I get responses for other pertinent questions that my office asked the Pro league office.

(4) I also instructed the Pro League office that the sought after players would be unavailable due to injuries and two of them going on trials and that I can substitute the requested players with other players from Joe Public's ranks.  This was not even considered and I was told very bluntly "No, we want the players we requested and no-one else."

In closing, I want to remind the renowned sport journalists, Mr. Dexter Skeene and Mr. Larry Romany of the TT Pro League, other TT Pro League officials, and your avid followers that Joe Public Company is a privately owned entity and the Pro League office cannot instruct Joe Public FC in any aspect of its affairs.  The decision to not have any of my players participate in the recently concluded Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup was taken SOLELY by Mr. Daryll Warner and had nothing to do with Mr. Michael McComie, Mr. Jack Warner or any other director of the club (Warner family member or not).  Based on points 1-4 along with other circumstances, Joe Public FC was unable to accommodate the league's request for the release of certain Joe Public FC players.  Notwithstanding, the Shaka Hislop Tribute got the services of one of my employees, Mr. Michael Williams, and he assisted with the technical aspects of the tournament.
Keep writing my sport journalists but next time feel free to contact my office to clarify any Joe Public FC related matters that you may be unaware of.  I do hope that some players do get an opportunity to visit FC Dallas in Dallas, Texas.  I just came back from Dallas, Texas last Sunday and it is a lovely city with a great sporting pedigree.  The onus lies with the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League office to ensure that this is a reality and that the 2007 Shaka Hislop Tribute was no more than a highly advertised fete match.  On another note, congrats to Mr. Shaka Hislop with his recent retirement from a successful sporting career and I do wish him well in his future endeavors.

Regards,
Daryll Warner
Managing Director
Joe Public Football Club
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:58:08 PM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »
right!!
 :yapping:
really, I believe you ::)

Hello....you    are    a    Warner :-\
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:38:43 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:39:45 PM »

Very interesting statement.  " ... I do hope that some players do get an opportunity to visit FC Dallas in Dallas, Texas ...The onus lies with the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League office to ensure that this is a reality and that the 2007 Shaka Hislop Tribute was no more than a highly advertised fete match."

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public FC and the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
Interesting.  :thinking:

I sense a vibe that there is pressure to look accountable for what is now seemed as unpopular behaviour. Previously there would not have been a word about this kinda let-down as who would have cared what the public thought then. All that thesis we reading dey was I guess meant to be damage control as li'l Jackulito feelin' ahow right now. Daiz a good sign. There was possibly (yuh never know) some late correspondence from the Pro League, but nex' time both parties would feel the pressure of being under the microscope, Good. Daiz good.

Sounds like li'l Jackulito reading dis forum oui.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:52:05 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:43:33 PM »
Loud steups Skeene done deal wit he and he nonesense. How come he idiot coach was dey pickin d team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »
Interesting.  :thinking:

I sense a vibe that there is pressure to look accountable for what is now seemed as unpopular behaviour. Previously there would not have been a word about this kinda let-down as who would have cared what the public thought then. All that thesis we reading dey was I guess meant to be damage control as li'l Jackulito feelin' ahow right now. Daiz a good sign. There was possibly (yuh never know) some late correspondence from the Pro League, but nex' time both parties would feel the pressure of being under the microscope, Good. Daiz good.

Sounds like li'l Jackulito reading dis forum oui.

If he fadda is is Jack de Ass...then I'll christen dis one 'El Burrito'.

What I get from dis statement is that El Burrito was feeling left out because nobody ent call him early enough to be part ah dey sumting and instead they invite he team to participate last minute.  He say 'fack dat...dem ent realize my name is Warner or what...we make football happen in TnT".  So he take he players and went home...he eh have time in no small time sweat sumting.  Then he say btw...ah really hope allyuh 'never-see-come-see' get to go Dallas, I juss come back, it nice man...allyuh go like it.  And dat PFATT fella...whey he name?  de keeper nuh...oh yes, Shaka.  ah wish him well in he retirement too.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:09:56 AM »
sssssttteeeuuuppsss!!!!.....dat is all ah manage dis early hour of de morning.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »
the Douen
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>