April 27, 2024, 10:03:09 AM

Author Topic: Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »
Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.[/color]

Joseph Baird (Malick), Kareem Gray (St Benedict's), Sheldon Bateau (Fatima), Sherrick Hilaire (Naparima), Mikel Williams (St Anthony's), Akeem Adams (Presentation), Neil Mitchell (San Juan), Marcus Joseph (Vessigny), Daniel Cyrus (Mason Hall), Elijah Manners (San Juan), Jamal Spencer (San Juan), Jeromy Williams (Scarborough), Kevin Molino (Mucurapo), Shahdon Winchester (Naparima), Trent Lougheed (Carapichaima), Robert Primus (capt) (Malick), Isiah Smith (Naparima), Stephen Knox (Fatima).

Manager - Anthony Creed.
Asst. Manager - Bryan Williams.
Coach - Shawn Cooper.
Asst. Coach - Selris Figaro.
Pysiotherapist - Earl Joseph.
League Official - Laurence Seepersad.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:09:00 PM by Flex »

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SECONDARY SCHOOL 2007 ALL-STAR TEAM.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »
Many people have argued that Shandhon Whinchester is better than his star counterpart -Jerrol Britto , both are great youth prospects compared by many sports personalities , coaches etc as the next Yorke and Latapy. Who have known them or seen them play could vouch to this as being a serious comparision , youth with loads of talent and potential since the ages of 9 ,10,11 at their repective clubs playing at least 3 to 4 age groups higher and still shineing.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »
Many people have argued that Shandhon Whinchester is better than his star counterpart -Jerrol Britto , both are great youth prospects compared by many sports personalities , coaches etc as the next Yorke and Latapy. Who have known them or seen them play could vouch to this as being a serious comparision , youth with loads of talent and potential since the ages of 9 ,10,11 at their repective clubs playing at least 3 to 4 age groups higher and still shineing.

Guys, remeber these young men have a long way to go ... do not create to much noise and raise the expextation level such that they are unable to meet it.  Allow them the opportunity to learn the game before we start talking about the next Latapy and Yorke,

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »
y we always have to say who better than who
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40:26 PM »
y we always have to say who better than who
Purposes of comparison.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:26:44 AM »
No CIC players on de side?   ::)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:53 AM »
Interesting Stephen Knox made this team. I thought he seemed very quiet this season. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:37:30 AM »
No CIC players on de side?   ::)

HA! Talk about raised expectations......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:26:35 AM »
All yuh goh get Small Mag cross wid dat side....cause none ah he players make it

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 07:43:25 AM »
Who pick this shit list....

Stephen Knox shit down heself this season and he on de list.....  :rotfl:

Where Sean De Silva, Jamaal Gay, Jerrol Britto, Qian Grosvenor, Jamaal Clarence and Leston Paul (to name a few).

Now we will send this shit side to Jamaica and get buss up and make them Jamaican feel they in cloud nice. Every year we do the same shit..... we not picking de best players....

Stats

6 = South
6 = North
3 = East
2 = Tobago
1 - Central
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:49:26 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:24 AM »
WTF lol?

What kind of shit is that?  at least Leston and King should have been there

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
The team was probably selected from teams in the league and not intercol. I not trying to be bias but I at least expected to see Gay, De Silva and Paul on the team.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
The team was probably selected from teams in the league and not intercol. I not trying to be bias but I at least expected to see Gay, De Silva and Paul on the team.

Yeah it seem so......Saints were in the Senior Division this year so i think that disqualified any of their players from being selected.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04:16 AM »
allyuh cyah expect saints players to get selected based on ah 4 match run while other teams play about 20 matches..be serious...that being said i am surprised that players such as jamal clarence and jamal gay have been left out based on reports...since i didnt see any games i cant really comment too much except that team selection is just like this forum...personal opinion.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »
Da Silva and Paul are on the National team with World Cup experience and they ain't get pick!!!!! ??? ??? ???

STEEEUUUUPPPPPSSS Wether they from CIC or not should not matter they are a class above the rest and should have been chosen!!!

But I am not surprised at all, our school has always been subject to this injustice >:( >:(

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 11:23:37 AM »
Many people ignorant to the fact would not know that the coaches had to work with  players who actually came out to the screening sessions.  Not the big bois who feel they have name and should get pick because of this , including ,Leston Paul , Kevin Mussio , Sean DeSilva etc.At any team ,National etc sometimes the best players dont come out to train. This side is actually very strong in all parts , from defennce , midfield and fowards. Jammal Clarencnce is injuried and Gay did not go to Screeniing.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »
I think selection may have been based more on the league play. They may have had criteria like minimum number of games played, which would have ruled out any Saints men...but that's pure speculation on my part

well yes

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »
Who pick this shit list....

Stephen Knox shit down heself this season and he on de list.....  :rotfl:

Where Sean De Silva, Jamaal Gay, Jerrol Britto, Qian Grosvenor, Jamaal Clarence and Leston Paul (to name a few).

Now we will send this shit side to Jamaica and get buss up and make them Jamaican feel they in cloud nice. Every year we do the same shit..... we not picking de best players....

Stats

6 = South
6 = North
3 = East
2 = Tobago
1 - Central

Sam...please bear in mind that these are 16-17 year old yutes you're talking about and not grown men.  I hardly see it necessary to be disparaging other people children by calling them 'shit'.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
Da Silva and Paul are on the National team with World Cup experience and they ain't get pick!!!!! ??? ??? ???

STEEEUUUUPPPPPSSS Wether they from CIC or not should not matter they are a class above the rest and should have been chosen!!!

But I am not surprised at all, our school has always been subject to this injustice >:( >:(

The arrogance from you CIC  fellas is really astounding sometimes yes...I surprise not one 'Gustine player on the squad, but then again we players ent nutten compared to Saints players so who are we to talk.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »
Many people ignorant to the fact would not know that the coaches had to work with  players who actually came out to the screening sessions.  Not the big bois who feel they have name and should get pick because of this , including ,Leston Paul , Kevin Mussio , Sean DeSilva etc.At any team ,National etc sometimes the best players dont come out to train. This side is actually very strong in all parts , from defennce , midfield and fowards. Jammal Clarencnce is injuried and Gay did not go to Screeniing.

What "training" you have to do to make ah All-Star team fella? 

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »

The arrogance from you CIC  fellas is really astounding sometimes yes...I surprise not one 'Gustine player on the squad, but then again we players ent nutten compared to Saints players so who are we to talk.

We have every right to be arrogant. Who vex loss :rotfl:

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 02:47:52 PM »

Look, ah was going to say something, but another "Saint" beat me to it.

Is not arrogance Dred. Yuh not ah Saints man, yuh went Gustine, so yuh wouldn understand. lol

But say what, you is still mi Boi. lol
Toujour Pret!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »

Is not arrogance Dred. Yuh not ah Saints man, yuh went Gustine, so yuh wouldn understand. lol

I doh even need to understand nah pardna...me eh go CIC but I still doing pretty good fuh mihself so no skin off my back.  The sense of entitlement that comes from certain quarters is real intersting to observe at times though...but say what, if dai'z what allyuh Saints men need in order tuh feel special then like allyuh self :D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »

Hush yuh ass!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »
OK just to clear the air on a couple of questions...please note I am giving the explanations and not necessarily in total agreement with them.

1) The All Star team was selected based on nationwide (including Tobago) screening at different venues over the last month. Players HAD to attend at least one to have a chance to be selected.

2) Jamal Gay and Daniel Joseph were not selected because they did not attend any of the screenings despite the constant requests from Coach Shawn Cooper. The reasons for them not attending is another topic of discussion.

3) Only players from teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP division were allowed to participate in screenings. Hence no CIC players nor any other Senior Division players were eligible. There were also quite a few Senior Division players in teams other than CIC that looked good...so it's not only CIC that was affected.

On a personal note...This arguably is not the strongest possible team from the league, however the boys are going to face tough opposition in Jamaica when they play the winners of the Manning and Da Costa competitions...the very least we should do IMHO is support the players that have been selected regardless of school, zone or personal opinions.

Schoolsoccernet will provide the usual coverage of the games as they happen in Jamaica.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »

I doh even need to understand nah pardna...me eh go CIC but I still doing pretty good fuh mihself so no skin off my back.  The sense of entitlement that comes from certain quarters is real intersting to observe at times though...but say what, if dai'z what allyuh Saints men need in order tuh feel special then like allyuh self :D

All I sayin is dat we look out for one another oui. If dey pick ah all-star team, ah Fatima man go like to see Fatima represented, just like ah Malick man, just like ah Gustine man... just like ah Saints man. Dais all I attesting to.

As to how well either of us on this forum doing for we-self, well, imho, we parents have more to do with dat than what high school we went. So I wasn goin dey at all with my comments nah.  :beermug:

Just one Saints man picking up for another. Dais just how we do it. No luv lost...

Toujour Pret!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »

All I sayin is dat we look out for one another oui. If dey pick ah all-star team, ah Fatima man go like to see Fatima represented, just like ah Malick man, just like ah Gustine man... just like ah Saints man. Dais all I attesting to.

As to how well either of us on this forum doing for we-self, well, imho, we parents have more to do with dat than what high school we went. So I wasn goin dey at all with my comments nah.  :beermug:

Just one Saints man picking up for another. Dais just how we do it. No luv lost...

Of course not  :beermug:

My comments were more to the outrage expressed by Gryskywalker...that somehow the selectors have something against CIC, when in fact when I was coming up Saints, QRC and dem other 'big' schools dominated de scene.  Nobody was bawling 'injustice' then of course.

Add to that man come in saying Saints men have ah right to be arrogant (which yuh co-sign on).  I juss want to know what allyuh have ah 'right' to be arrogant about...  going tuh CIC??  Hence my comments.  But my comments ent really fuh you, I know where your head is so no scenes still   :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 03:29:34 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
3) Only players from teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP division were allowed to participate in screenings. Hence no CIC players nor any other Senior Division players were eligible. There were also quite a few Senior Division players in teams other than CIC that looked good...so it's not only CIC that was affected.

:rotfl:

read and re-read...

no timarie men in the all-star side.

Oh but how allyuh have ah right to be arrogant, like this is a schoolbooks and not a soccer forum..

Answer this question: Who is the last prominent national baller to come out of CIC?? And doh tell me bout no Tiger or Sealey eh.. i said prominent.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

:rotfl:

read and re-read...

no timarie men in the all-star side.

Oh but how allyuh have ah right to be arrogant, like this is a schoolbooks and not a soccer forum..

Answer this question: Who is the last prominent national baller to come out of CIC?? And doh tell me bout no Tiger or Sealey eh.. i said prominent.

Well, we not timarie men no more eh. lol
We gone back up. Seen?

Who was it? Shaka? And before him, Nakhid? I not sure. I curious too.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
Boy that team might not be the strongest but it a very good team any other players would catch thier ass to start on that team includeing , DeSilva and Gay.

Joseph Baird/Kareem Gray

Mikel Williams/ Akeem Adams/ Sherrick Hilaire/  Isiah Smith/ Sheldon Bateau/ Jerome Williams

Jamal Spencer

Kevin Molino/ Elijah Manners/ Robert Primus/Trent Lougheed
                                           Marcus Joseph  /  Shahdon Winchester

Daniel Cyrus/ Neil Mitchell/ Stephen Knox

That Midfield is very strong. Any one of thos players in the midfeild on a good day coudl tear a team apart and control the whole play. Would hate to see what would happen if all 6 of them have good games.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 04:45:45 PM by Youth Baller »

1]; } ?>