April 27, 2024, 11:12:34 PM

Author Topic: Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary School 2007 All-Star Team.
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
3) Only players from teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP division were allowed to participate in screenings. Hence no CIC players nor any other Senior Division players were eligible. There were also quite a few Senior Division players in teams other than CIC that looked good...so it's not only CIC that was affected.

:rotfl:

read and re-read...

no timarie men in the all-star side.

Oh but how allyuh have ah right to be arrogant, like this is a schoolbooks and not a soccer forum..

Answer this question: Who is the last prominent national baller to come out of CIC?? And doh tell me bout no Tiger or Sealey eh.. i said prominent.

Yuh see allyuh men taking dat outa context first of all the arrogance tag is usually forced on St Marys, I doh know why some of allyuh have dis inferiority complex but is unhealthy. If a man tell u yuh arrogant but u know u not, then why bother to argue, dey go still think yuh arrogant. So yes we arrogant and have every right to be  :rotfl:
As for de last question......

All I'll say is smart ballers usually make de best ballers.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »
3) Only players from teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP division were allowed to participate in screenings. Hence no CIC players nor any other Senior Division players were eligible. There were also quite a few Senior Division players in teams other than CIC that looked good...so it's not only CIC that was affected.

:rotfl:

read and re-read...

no timarie men in the all-star side.

Oh but how allyuh have ah right to be arrogant, like this is a schoolbooks and not a soccer forum..

Answer this question: Who is the last prominent national baller to come out of CIC?? And doh tell me bout no Tiger or Sealey eh.. i said prominent.

Yuh see allyuh men taking dat outa context first of all the arrogance tag is usually forced on St Marys, I doh know why some of allyuh have dis inferiority complex but is unhealthy. If a man tell u yuh arrogant but u know u not, then why bother to argue, dey go still think yuh arrogant. So yes we arrogant and have every right to be  :rotfl:

like who?  call names nuh..

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »
Yuh battin hard..
well I admit currently we doh have any cuz yuh done say not to call Sealy and Tiger but yuh cah discount men like Shaka and Nakhid (who feel he was too smart but das another topic)
and since we talking about national ballers yuh go hada add Da Silva and Paul names too rite. (Ah tryin to keep dis thread on topic nah  :devil:)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 07:00:45 PM »

First of all who de f**k is you...and who de f**k was talking to you? You's ah f**king just-come non-entity who I wouldn't even wipe my ass with if ah had tuh take ah dump on de side ah de road.  Criticizing ah man fuh acting arrogant and having ah sense of entitlement is not akin to an 'inferiority complex' except to simpletons such as yuhself.  St. Mary's is ah blasted high school...but I understand, some ah allyuh dat is all allyuh have to hang allyuh hat on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:44:16 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »
Lard!!! All yuh blood pressure high. Ever since in QRC days, whenever they used to pick the Colleges league team, some people always complaining that the big schools "does get" all the picks. Well,  long time all the best players used to go to the "big' schools. The big schools in mine time(in terms of football) was CIC, Belmont, Tranquil, Fatima, QRC in the North. Then Techical, Naps, Pres, Benedicts in the south. Technical used to get the mostl the picks for colleges and youth teams then. Why so? Because the had the best.  Then gradually as the schools increase, the talented players from the small schools started going to other schools ratherthan the so called big schools. That is the facts of life. Look how Saints and QRC scrunting these days. The last time QRC win national intercol was 1966. The last time they win the league championship was 1968. Now big schools have to recruit to stay afloat on the football scence.
        If man want to brag about his school what is the big deal. Man does back EPL team like they born in England. At least you  went to school in TT and experienced 5 years of educaion and character building for better or worse. When I reincarnate is back to QRC I going. But with a caveat. I want a principal who is a real ball jumbie. He go bring in one set of overage players like some schools used to do.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 08:49:25 PM »
Boy that team might not be the strongest but it a very good team any other players would catch thier ass to start on that team includeing , DeSilva and Gay.

Joseph Baird/Kareem Gray

Mikel Williams/ Akeem Adams/ Sherrick Hilaire/  Isiah Smith/ Sheldon Bateau/ Jerome Williams

Jamal Spencer

Kevin Molino/ Elijah Manners/ Robert Primus/Trent Lougheed
                                           Marcus Joseph  /  Shahdon Winchester

Daniel Cyrus/ Neil Mitchell/ Stephen Knox

That Midfield is very strong. Any one of thos players in the midfeild on a good day coudl tear a team apart and control the whole play. Would hate to see what would happen if all 6 of them have good games.

first things first..youth baller thanks for providing updates on the forum about the SSFL during the season...in addition to the schoolsoccernet website, the pres site, you and a few other forumites kept the the foreign based trinis updated..

regarding yuh comment..you used some strong words.."tear a team apart", our players have not even done that in awhile on ah regional level..hopefully you are right..for our football sake because we are in dire need of new talent..since latas, yorke and shaka, we probably produce 2 "big" players (stern and kenwyn jones) although we producing about 10 SSFL stars every year who can tear apart a team on a good day (too bad they only have good days once every 3 months).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:52:30 PM by real madness »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 08:59:52 PM »
Boy that team might not be the strongest but it a very good team any other players would catch thier ass to start on that team includeing , DeSilva and Gay.

Joseph Baird/Kareem Gray

Mikel Williams/ Akeem Adams/ Sherrick Hilaire/  Isiah Smith/ Sheldon Bateau/ Jerome Williams

Jamal Spencer

That Midfield is very strong. Any one of thos players in the midfeild on a good day coudl tear a team apart and control the whole play. Would hate to see what would happen if all 6 of them have good games.

I believe this is a very good team too....If they play to their full potential it will be difficult for another schoolboy team to beat them..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 09:38:44 PM »

Joseph Baird/Kareem Gray

Jamal Spencer

I believe this is a very good team too....If they play to their full potential it will be difficult for another schoolboy team to beat them..

How come de jamaican equivalent been washin dem SSFL select team de past 5 years straight or so?  Home AND Away nah matter.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 10:00:55 PM »
Why is there such an emphasis on the guys must win and must beat JA. Why is it, that if we don't beat JA the whole world go fall down. Look, I have notice that there are periods when a good group  of players come thru and there are times when  the talent pool way down. Right. now we are going thru a period with minimal talent. But we plugging away. The football fraternity just have to do a better job  at encouraging the youths be creative and work on their ball skills(control, dribbling, shooting and composure under pressure). The cream will rise to the top.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 10:56:54 PM »
i believe ppl refer to jamaica a lot because they are a good measuring stick..de yardies and tnt have been the most consistent teams in the caribbean..haiti and cuba getting there..anyway, if we cant beat them how de hell can we challenge the latin american teams in concacaf...so it is not a case of the whole world falling down but it highlights the gap between their youth football and ours...i fed up hear of the SSFL stars, imagine ppl rating up players who had a few good intercol games, if these men were so good their side wouldnt be in the second division (CIC men doh take it personal), the SSFL players suffer from inflated ego because fans ride their jock strap real hard...nothing wrong with support and bigging up yuh favourite players but being realistic is important so these guys will understand that success is not belting 3 defenders, stringing up ah shitty keeper and brushing 4 convent girls...it takes hard work, perseverance, discipline and some luck and right now most of our youth players lucky if they meet 2 out of the 4 requirements.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:23 PM »
WWHHHAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....NO MOD SEC PLAYERS ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:54 PM »
If you make a All star team..implying this team is the best your nation has to offer....and a next nation "best" consistently washing yuh ass....wha yuh go do? Do like James Ingram and say..."I did my best....but i guess my best wasn't good enough?" If you trying to be at least 3rd or 4th best in a division that have at least 3 teams that better than most if not all CFU teams in Mexico..USA...and Costa Rica.....you really think we have room to be anything less than best in the region? Yeah it have pride and bragging rights at stake...but....lets be real......the only time we can consistently challenge for a World Cup place....is when we are unquestionably the best in the Caribbean...because its only then we have a chance of being at the very least 3rd best in CONCACAF. Even if we dont win these meaningless home and away games.......at what point should we begin to make winning a habit? When we start qualifiers? When? Far too long we putting in mediocre preparations and then feeling we should get sublime results. It doesnt work like that...we all know it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
Why is there such an emphasis on the guys must win and must beat JA. Why is it, that if we don't beat JA the whole world go fall down. Look, I have notice that there are periods when a good group  of players come thru and there are times when  the talent pool way down. Right. now we are going thru a period with minimal talent. But we plugging away. The football fraternity just have to do a better job  at encouraging the youths be creative and work on their ball skills(control, dribbling, shooting and composure under pressure). The cream will rise to the top.

It is not about emphasis on beating JA.

The only non domestic team the select team has played in the recent past has been JA.

Sayin dis team will beat any schoolboy team in T&T is one ting.  Really and truly, I not interested in dat.

I lookin at a bigger picture.  How do they match up against their peers in the region?  That's what I'm interested in.  And the only team in the region that they play is that Jamaican select team.  And dey been gettin duss out every year.  To me, dat is an indication dat if people feel de talent somehow superior at dat level in T&T, it eh really so when it compared wit a nex comparable country in de region.

And dat NOT takin into consideration similar teams from the likes of Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Canada etc. 

Intercol and SSFL football in general jes good fuh braggin rights.  FOR ME...I look at how our best players at that age group stack up against the rest.

No disrespeck to anybody who feel intercol is IT or man who sharin tolum in a game between El Do and Naps is a big ting.  In de overall scheme of tings, it jes doh matter to me.

I happy to hear we appear to have a superior talent for his age in young Britto.  THAT's GREAT.  In my opinion, the sooner he and the likes of him get out of the T&T football environment and into a PROPER professional environment, the better for his development and therefore more benefit to T&T down the road.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »

First of all who de f**k is you...and who de f**k was talking to you? You's ah f**king just-come non-entity who I wouldn't even wipe my ass with if ah had tuh take ah dump on de side ah de road.  Criticizing ah man fuh acting arrogant and having ah sense of entitlement is not akin to an 'inferiority complex' except to simpletons such as yuhself.  St. Mary's is ah blasted high school...but I understand, some ah allyuh dat is all allyuh have to hang allyuh hat on.

You need to calm wayy down,
yuh want some Zoloft or Xanax.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 06:22:20 AM »
Ah thought all yuh said de boi called Gay is really good, he not on de list, wahappen. Well ah now wake up, so let meh check de list again tuh see if ah missed his name. Wahappen Eldo, Machine and Arima dat bad, not one player cud get ah pick  ??? , steupssssss. Iis ah QRC man, but ah lived about 2 minutes from Eldo, so ah does support dem, beside dat ah use tuh always bounce up "bound tuh core" and Ince in de Caura river, so ah get tuh love de team and de players even more. So it is not now ah supporting Stern, cuz he went MLS and then England, is from since 19 o long  ;). Any way, let meh doh start no bachanal dis early morning eh  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:37:24 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »
Da Silva and Paul are on the National team with World Cup experience and they ain't get pick!!!!! ??? ??? ???

STEEEUUUUPPPPPSSS Wether they from CIC or not should not matter they are a class above the rest and should have been chosen!!!

But I am not surprised at all, our school has always been subject to this injustice >:( >:(

The arrogance from you CIC  fellas is really astounding sometimes yes...I surprise not one 'Gustine player on the squad, but then again we players ent nutten compared to Saints players so who are we to talk.

Yuh see how yuh miss the point!!!! These players could be from MARS for all I care, the fact of the matter is they good enough to make the national team but cah make the school league all-stars? What is the logic behind the selection? ??? BAKE CMON arrogance have nothing to do with it

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
Da Silva and Paul are on the National team with World Cup experience and they ain't get pick!!!!! ??? ??? ???

STEEEUUUUPPPPPSSS Wether they from CIC or not should not matter they are a class above the rest and should have been chosen!!!

But I am not surprised at all, our school has always been subject to this injustice >:( >:(

The arrogance from you CIC  fellas is really astounding sometimes yes...I surprise not one 'Gustine player on the squad, but then again we players ent nutten compared to Saints players so who are we to talk.

Yuh see how yuh miss the point!!!! These players could be from MARS for all I care, the fact of the matter is they good enough to make the national team but cah make the school league all-stars? What is the logic behind the selection? ??? BAKE CMON arrogance have nothing to do with it

Grskywaler it does not mean that o because they were on the National Under-17 team that they should make the SSFL-All Star team which is an Under-19 League with players 18 and 19 years old who are in fatc better than those of the National Under 17 players. I know, and many peoeple/coaches would also tell you that they are players in the league who were not on the National Under 17 but are better than the likes of Glenroy Samuel ,Jean Luc Rochford ,Chad DeFreitas ,Micah Lewis etc and were 18/19. Bottom line the coach worked with the players he had availiable and I know for sure that Shawn Cooper has more coaching experience that most people in this topic-forum.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
I hearing a lot about this Gay fella on the forum.  Anybody have the stats on his performance for the season ?
How many goals he scored, goals per match stats etc.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that his reputation really started (on this forum) with the two goals against de saints the other day.  Brilliant as the goals were, I wasn't hearing too much about him before that.  I looked at the highlights of those goals and found that those defenders were wanting in many aspects.

I saw the game against Naps and Gay wasn't even a factor in that game...a combination of better defenders (in terms of their technical ability and atheticism) and also it was obvious Naps had a proper game plan for him (coaching).
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »

I didn't miss no point nah fella, clearly you said regardless as to which school they're from the best players should be on the team.  Problem is you then immediately undercut your own point by complaining about the great 'injustice' done to your school...see bolded comments  8)

THAT is what I responded to.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2007, 03:24:58 PM »
I hearing a lot about this Gay fella on the forum.  Anybody have the stats on his performance for the season ?

He scored 7 goals in de League and 9 goals in Intercol. De 7 League goals were scored in 3 matches and they all took place in September.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »
I hearing a lot about this Gay fella on the forum. Anybody have the stats on his performance for the season ?

He scored 7 goals in de League and 9 goals in Intercol. De 7 League goals were scored in 3 matches and they all took place in September.

Now ah doh know how to rate that performance.  I guess yuh have to look at the teams he scored them goals against and the overall game on the day....too much thing to analyse.  If he only scored in three games, ah wonder wha happen in them other games ?

Maybe he just average by the other players standard, and is only the hype on the forum that says he shoulda be included on the all-star team  ??? :-\
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
I hearing a lot about this Gay fella on the forum. Anybody have the stats on his performance for the season ?

Now ah doh know how to rate that performance.  I guess yuh have to look at the teams he scored them goals against and the overall game on the day....too much thing to analyse.  If he only scored in three games, ah wonder wha happen in them other games ?

Maybe he just average by the other players standard, and is only the hype on the forum that says he shoulda be included on the all-star team  ??? :-\

Here is de break down of his scoring:

League (7):
4 vs Malabar. ElDo win 8-1
2 vs Hillview. Eldo win 3-2
1 vs Arima. Eldo win 2-1

Intercol (9):
3 vs Toco. ElDo win 4-2
1 vs San Juan. ElDo win 3-0
1 vs Gustine. ElDo lose 1-2
2 vs Scarborough. ElDo win 2-1
2 vs CIC. ElDo win 2-1
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>