May 01, 2024, 09:49:29 AM

Author Topic: Jihad in Trinidad and Tobago, July 27, 1990  (Read 29851 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Jihad in Trinidad and Tobago, July 27, 1990
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »

Speaker: Do not forget July 27
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday
Monday, July 28 2008

Former Radio 610 announcer Dennis McComie yesterday called for closure to the traumatic events of the July 27, 1990 attempted coup by the Jamaat-al Muslimeen.

“Trinidad and Tobago must settle with the after-tremors of July 27,1990, extract the lessons to be learnt and move forward decisively,” McComie said during a wreath-laying ceremony at the Red House, Port-of-Spain yesterday, the 18th anniversary of the attempted coup.

He described the event as a “psychological tear in our society’s fabric” and said he would welcome a commission of inquiry so the country could put “July 1990 behind us and move on”.

He also said citizens had to become the “guardians of our young and brittle democracy”.

Speaker Barry Sinanan, who also spoke at the brief ceremony, said public awareness about the attempted coup must be raised. He said the low attendance at the ceremony showed that people may have forgotten the event, which should not only be remembered by families who were directly affected but by the entire nation.

President George Maxwell Richards, former President Arthur NR Robinson, who was prime minister in 1990, were among those who placed wreaths at the base of the Eternal Flame monument. Minister of State in the Ministry of National Security Donna Cox also laid a wreath on behalf of Prime Minister Patrick Manning.

During the remembrance ceremony, Wendell Eversley, who was a hostage during the attempted coup, quietly protested on the opposite side of Abercromby Street where the ceremony took place.

Eversley held a national flag and was dressed in the national colours of red, white and black. Last week, Eversley said he had written to President Richards twice requesting a commission of inquiry into the events leading up to July 27, 1990.

He claimed many politicians, police officers and businessmen were involved in the staging of the 1990 attempted coup during which Robinson was shot.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 06:54:57 AM »

Bakr refuses to apologise
Monday 28th July, 2008 
Trinidad Guardian

Leader of the Jamaat al Muslimeen Yasin Abu Bakr yesterday refused to apologise to the country for the events of July 27, 1990.

Speaking on I95.5 radio, Bakr said, “I am sorry about the citizenry.”

Asked if he was apologising 18 years later for the deaths and widespread destruction of Port-of-Spain, Bakr said, “If I do that I would be telling the citizens they don’t have the right to defend themselves.”

Asked if he would do it all over again, Bakr responded, “There is a different way to do things, you have learnt from your mistakes. We made a few errors, but for security reasons, I won’t divulge that. We have had a different focus, especially on education. At least four times a week, with all our troubles, we still feed the poor.”

Bakr said Orlando-based Muslim leader Louis Haneef was just one of the sources who supplied guns to the Muslimeen for the coup. When told that Haneef was buying guns since 1989, Bakr remained quiet. He stopped short of saying who supplied the other guns. He said Haneef supplied a set of small guns.

What caused the coup?

Bakr said, “The problem with the land was eventually settled by dialogue. Why wasn’t it settled by dialogue before? They sent the police and the army on our land.

“When we went to the courts, the matter was heard and the court said the police and the army must go. They said they not moving, the Chief Justice said this was anarchy, they must follow the rule of the law.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 08:09:06 AM »

Bakr refuses to apologise
Monday 28th July, 2008
Trinidad Guardian

Leader of the Jamaat al Muslimeen Yasin Abu Bakr yesterday refused to apologise to the country for the events of July 27, 1990.

Speaking on I95.5 radio, Bakr said, “I am sorry about the citizenry.”

Asked if he was apologising 18 years later for the deaths and widespread destruction of Port-of-Spain, Bakr said, “If I do that I would be telling the citizens they don’t have the right to defend themselves.”

Asked if he would do it all over again, Bakr responded, “There is a different way to do things, you have learnt from your mistakes. We made a few errors, but for security reasons, I won’t divulge that. We have had a different focus, especially on education. At least four times a week, with all our troubles, we still feed the poor.”

Bakr said Orlando-based Muslim leader Louis Haneef was just one of the sources who supplied guns to the Muslimeen for the coup. When told that Haneef was buying guns since 1989, Bakr remained quiet. He stopped short of saying who supplied the other guns. He said Haneef supplied a set of small guns.

What caused the coup?

Bakr said, “The problem with the land was eventually settled by dialogue. Why wasn’t it settled by dialogue before? They sent the police and the army on our land.

“When we went to the courts, the matter was heard and the court said the police and the army must go. They said they not moving, the Chief Justice said this was anarchy, they must follow the rule of the law.

Talk about an abbreviated article. No flesh, no body. Steups.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »
look at how time pass....18 years already.
all i remembered was my brother and i dressing to go to the stadium to watch a football match..(cyah remember who was playing - but we were late). My brother happened to put on dey TV for the news and saw this muslim man sitting down where Dominic Kalipersad 'suppose' to be sitting and Dominic standing next to him with arms folded.
First thing my brother said was 'ay ay like is ah new drama show coming out'  sigh

i only saw one newspaper mentioned the date by an interview with Robinson.

after 18 years, do you think Trinidad and Tobago, meaning the average man and business owners recovered financially and emotionally ??

Trinidad vs Jamaica Shell C aribbean Cup Final

thanks fishs.....look who doh :D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »
I was 13 years old and walking to the Stadium to watch the Shell Cup Final with my uncle. (Is since den I doh miss match)

We just walked down marli street and were infront of TTT when a van pulled up and 5 men in white muslim garb rolled out with guns and they ran into the building.

My Uncle say come let us go home now something ent right and me being curious I say nah man they FLIMMIN a MOVIE...lets look and see.

I sit down on the pavement by Pat/Pie next to hot shoppe and then hear gunshots...they had a bomb a kinda explosion and then smoke started coming out from the back. I get excited and watching and happy.

My uncle start to pull me and say come boy lewwe go now...I say come nah man is movie flimmin. More cars and vans of muslims start to arrive fast fast but some jump out and some drove off.

It get serious when one come back out and start to point his gun at cars in the street trying to stop them. So Now I standing up and the gunman point the gun at me and my uncle and say ALYUH GO FROM HERE!!!....and then he try to stop another car and fire one shot in the air.

We run home...next ting I turn on the TV and is Abu Bakr...Your country has been taken over yadda yadda and jones P madeira and dominic kalipersad looking frighten in a calm way. I remember they say No looting is to take place.

Well the next few days was FUN for me.......

Living around the savannah near to the US embassy and well my father had a govnt post at that time so he had "protection" there were soldiers all around my house in the mango trees in my yard and on my roof as they coulda see tatil and TTT good.

I used to provoke the soldiers in the bush and ting says ...EHY EHY I seeing yuh...they used to cuss meh.

But my mother and sister were scared, I remember them crying...gunfire was exchanged all hours and we used to hear shells hitting the roof and thing. A soldier tell us to crawl in the house in case we get hit by a stray and I running all over and my mother shouting at the top of her lungs.

Around day 3 or so they had a kinda ease up and I take my skateboard and went by my partner on picton street. He say Touches boy is serious ting...look CNN...and we both met Charles Jeico...I see the man on tv and he was the war correspondent. We shook his hand and he said young kids what are you doing here? He then said a US ship was docked 3 miles off the coast in case there was trouble and they would "assist" if needed. He had a camera man and then they squat down and rounds the corner to Maraval road.

around day 5...my grandfather in Belmont call and say he have no food and he under pressure. My parents sacrifice me (well dats how I felt ) to go and drop off a bag of grocery for the man. Steupppsss I nearly get rob in the savannah by the paddock and coming back a man try to sell me a drakkar noir for 5$ and 2 different side of shoe 13 and 11. I was a 8 in them days.

In the night spanger used to get licks and looters used to have to do exercise in the road when the soldiers ketch them and beat them. HiLo get looted, they had a grocery on the corner of marli and woodford called QF foods that get lick up too.

Then they cut the electricity and I was bored no arse.

We also had to evacuate the day before the surrender/showdown. The soldiers told us they had a bomb and the whole newtown block within 1 mile could explode. We went to some family in Cascade...by my father say he staying. My mother argue with him all how but he say he have to stay in the house and make sure nuttin happen.

Next ting I in cascade watching lil mermaid for the umptheenth time and we see images with abu surrendering.

The radio reports were frightening and you used to hear shots from down town and see smoke right tru.

I wasnt old enough to go any coup party but I remember the curfew for weeks later Robbie and ATTACK WITH FULL FORCE Stories and remembering town burnt out.

Honestly if a coup happen now and the state of the country how it is...it will be a serious ting indeed.

Plenty people will die if one happen again as army and police promise it will not end the way it did.

it sad.....real sad...and I was hurt a few yrs ago when abu had a banner by the jammat that said long live July 27 1990...it was on the front page of a newspaper. I get vex yes.

I dont think this country recover since that time...things only got worse.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 09:15:48 AM »
Ah 2 days late....but say wha....

Well my experience certainly was not as interesting or exciting as the stories I've from Trinidadians over the years.....ah eh hear no gunshots or bombs going off...ah did see enough police and soldiers to last half ah lifetime but dat was bout it....

I remember listening to the radio.....for some reason the TV was off....it was sometime around 6 - 6:30 and just so, just so the radio announcer come on and say something bout a bomb and police station....I shrug it off....I say "dem dam Trinis again..wid dey crazy self"... ;D

Den when we switch on for the de 7 pm news I see Dominic Kalipersad between these two men wid some big, big guns and de man on he left (I later found out was Abu Bakr) saying something bout "doh loot", "respect the laws of the land"....he say something bout "coup"

And I watching de TV screen and ah confused, confused.....I trying to understand wha de hell "loot", and "coup" mean and why dis man on de screen telling people dey shouldn't loot.....at de time I only studying if dis thing I watching on TV going to affect my Great Race plans for the next day....well needless to say it did.... ;D

We follow the events as best we could from over in Bago....Bago was quiet, quiet....ah attend a curfew party during the time...was nice...

Ah also will never forget that when some sort of order was restored and limited broadcasting was allowed from TTT....."The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" was one of the first movies they showed...a remember cuz was the first time I saw that famous movie...

Overall, one of the reasons given for not wanting a commission of enquiry is because too much time has passed and people would have forgotten.....I beg to differ yes....I eh think it have anybody alive in T&T who live through that experience would ever forget, and innocent people dead...if only for that reason they should have one....

Ah planning to buy Raoul Pantin book too....get some piece of that time
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 09:39:23 AM »
I was real young at the time but I remember we were coming back from tobago and reach by my grandmother in de west since my father had the car in tobago. Next ting mums crying and i seeing pple on the tv with guns to the news man head. Mums only worried cuz my father was in tobago and we had no way of contacting him cuz he was on the port trying to board the ferry with we stationwagon. Eventually he called saying he was by cousins in tobago and them having a big barbeque cuz he have real food pack in de coolers and don't want it to waste.
Luckily for me and my sis, for some reason my grandmother tv used to pick up a disney channel. So we watch that all day and went and lime by our cousins down the street.
Took it upon myself a couple years ago to go the nation archives and read all the newspaper articles etc from that time. Shud really go do it again and scan some of the articles
Back in Trini...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
That Raoul Pantin book sell out yes.

Nowhere have it. Only one store bussin a 175 for it in town have one copy remaining, but the rest of places sell out at 105 and 120 each.

Will have to keep on hunting

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »
Ironically? I was playing "gun shooting" when my grandfather and neighbors start spreading the news. Wasn't one of our national coaches one of the muslimeen who stormed TTT? Or was he in charge a the Red House.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »
A friend of mine maintains a blog about issues in Trinidad and he produced this well written piece reflecting on the coup so I thought I'd share here:

Monday, July 28, 2008

18 years ago today...

http://keithintrinidad.blogspot.com/2008/07/18-years-ago-today.html

Eighteen years ago Monday, I was on day one of six days locked inside my parents' home in Diamond Vale.

When Yasin Abu Bakr announced on TTT the evening before that he had taken over the country, my father had closed the door and said that no-one was going outside.  I can remember Emmett Hennessy on the radio.  I remember, and still shudder when I think about it, The Little Mermaid being broadcast over and over and over again on TV over the course of the next five days.  I remember that the video wasn't working, so all our videotapes were useless for entertainment purposes.  I remember the phone lines giving trouble.  I remember using precious phone uptime, much to my parents' chagrin, trying to find out whether my then girlfriend - who was on a camp somewhere in the back of oho-e-oho - was okay...

Eighteen years later, it's all very vague, very jumbled...

I remember, in the aftermath and in subsequent months and years, being patently upset that a group of men could commit treason and live.  I remember the drama that it took just to get jurors to sit on the case.  I wish I could remember who defended the insurrectionists in the Chaguaramas Court...

I remember feeling more than a little sick at the idea that all the looting could actually be considered a process of income re-distribution.  I remember too finding it very interesting that Port of Spain rebounded as quickly as it did...

Two decades later and there are still so many things, so many unanswered questions...

Didn't somebody smell a rat when young people suddenly found it cool to be a member of the Jamaat, an organisation with ties to Muammar Gaddafi's Libya?  Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but couldn't somebody tell that something was wrong when all the Jamaat's women headed off in one direction and the men headed off in another that Friday afternoon?  Maybe it's nothing strange to be away from the Parliament Chamber on a Friday, but why were so many MPs away anyway?  Who was responsible for letting the containers that carried the weapons into the Jamaat pass our borders?  Who are the bank chicks that got caught on camera breaking shop windows to steal jewellery?  How many businesses inflated their losses to get higher insurance payments?  Who was the Police Officer that reputedly took off his shirt when the first bullets went off and ran out of town?  Did they have anything but The Little Mermaid to show on TV?  Did the Army really beat as many people mercilessly as Trinis had reported during the curfew period?  Who authorised Curfew Parties?  Who knew that it was coming?  Who sat back and watched it play out having had advance notice?  What advance notice did who have?  Could anyone have done anything at all?

So many questions remain unanswered eighteen years later...

What now then?  Do we engage a Commission of Inquiry to look into the 1990 Insurrection?  Do we go on the hunt for an eminent jurist that everybody in the House can agree on, as well as a distinguished panel to hear testimonies and allegations of the events of the July 27th, 1990?  Do we rent a location large enough and suitable, hire support staff, and engage legal counsel in order to collate information from various persons and circles to eventually compile a hardbound tome chronicling events of two decades ago?  Couldn't an eminent historian or even an investigative journalist with a distinguished career do the same for less?

But what really are we looking into?  Do we have a specific allegation or allegations to investigate?  What will be the Commission's terms of reference?  Or are they just to freewheel?  Are we looking at a specific person or persons as we did in the Piarco Airport Terminal Inquiry or the coming UDECOTT Inquiry?  Do we have a location to examine, and contracts and building arrangements to look into as we did with the Biche High School Inquiry?

According to someone dear to me, isn't this whole Commission of Inquiry arrangement just a placebo, something to make us feel better while doing little to nothing at all?  In my opinion, it's worse than that, frankly, because in doing nothing, we're also going to be spending a lot of money to achieve little.  And subsequently, we will complain about how much money was spent to engage and execute a Commission of Inquiry with little return.

When we do engage this Trinbagonian panacea, this universal miracle cure-all for all our ills, all we do is provide an expensive avenue for people to sit in camera and launch allegations which are then questioned and documented.  Recommendations are then forwarded to Cabinet or President in a form that is not even necessarily actionable.  And then all a body need do, per precedent set, is file for judicial review to prevent President or Cabinet from acting, pending the results of some obscure thing or other.

So eighteen years later, what's our remedy really?  At the end of a six-month to year-long inquiry, after millions of dollars are spent, do we anticipate that we'll have a crime that we can successfully charge someone with other than that which the insurrectionists should have hanged for?  Or will we have a document full of he-said-she-said that couldn't stand in the face of basic rules of evidence?

If someone does have something holding strong enough to support a charge, why not take it to the Police or the DPP for investigation?  Is the statute of limitations on any such crime up?  Why duck down behind "alleged" and "reputed"?  Why hide behind veils of Parliamentary Privilege?  Why toss ancient red herrings around if you still have something holding eighteen years later?  Are you, herring-tosser, fooling anybody?  Are we fooling ourselves?  Are we feeling better by throwing blame around at no-one in particular for something that happened 20-odd years ago?  Are we hoping that if we throw everything at the wall that maybe something will stick?  Does someone have something that dastardly to hide?  Even if a Commission were engaged, who is to say that the people who would deny any allegations made in a Court of Law would not make the same denial before the Commission?

Eighteen years later, and there are still so many questions...

POSTSCRIPT: Let it not be said that I feel no sympathy for those who died and the many who were injured during the insurrection and in its aftermath.  Let it not be said that I do not empathise with the survivors.  But what we do next after all this time has to make sense.  Like everything else, we need to think through the hows and whys and determine incisive objectives of our next actions.  Otherwise, to wax colloquiol, we're just spinning top in mud... again.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »

Nowhere have it. Only one store bussin a 175 for it in town have one copy remaining, but the rest of places sell out at 105 and 120 each.

Nooooo!!....do say dat nah.... :frustrated:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »

I trying to get that book since last year i think....have my name on a waiting list.  might have to wait till this coup time cool down.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 06:07:32 PM »

Ah read de Pantin book today. It was very descriptive, and it make yuh feel as doh yuh was right there in de TTT building wit dem fellas. From de tension, tuh de lil old talk, knocking card, de emotional rollercoasters, it was ah nice read. De one ting ah could fault it for is de unnecessary repetition of certain events, as well as de constant reminder dat Abu Bakr was formerly Lennox Phillip. Someting like dis should be required reading in secondary school.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »
Ah read de Pantin book today. It was very descriptive, and it make yuh feel as doh yuh was right there in de TTT building wit dem fellas. From de tension, tuh de lil old talk, knocking card, de emotional rollercoasters, it was ah nice read. De one ting ah could fault it for is de unnecessary repetition of certain events, as well as de constant reminder dat Abu Bakr was formerly Lennox Phillip. Someting like dis should be required reading in secondary school.

i search all over the place for that book when i was back home a couple months ago...

the woman in RIK promise to get me a copy from the publisher and i never hear from her after that.

where you get it and is it available now?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »

i search all over the place for that book when i was back home a couple months ago...

the woman in RIK promise to get me a copy from the publisher and i never hear from her after that.

I get mine from Amazon
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

I get mine from Amazon

bless..

now seeing it on barnes and noble as well.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 07:34:25 PM »
go here to find a library that has it to borrow
http://www.worldcat.org/wcpa/oclc/172981523

the closest one to me is only in Portland Library...over 200 miles away
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:37:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »

I now bounce up this thread yes. I just want to echo the sentiments of the thread in that I really didn't know too much about the Coup (I was just 10 yrs at the time and was in my own world). So on the anniversary this year, I went searching for info online and bought the Raoul Pantin book same day. There is not much available anywhere else and it is a real shame. Not necessarily a great read (the writing style wasn't anything special and at times a bit repetitive), but the information was excellent.

He compared the 70's movement to the coup a little, talked about the months building up to the coup, etc. So is more the lil tidbits you picking up that giving you a piece of our history.

I agree with you Tallman, this should be made compulsory reading for students back home. But we need more resources covering this.. a lil documentary or something.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
Well July 27th 1990 ist yr from UWI Mona. So u know after 9 mths in JA u know TNT is d best place in d world. So 4 Abu 2 do what he did 2 say dat I was pissed is puttin it mildly. After livin in a place where d $ was doin d dollar wine even b4 Colin Lucas sing it.

Then 2 top it off in 92 I ready 2 come home wit meh degree u know dey free d clown. So Abu in my book is dead man walkin as a snr police officer told me when I worked there he told me he blame d soldier who drive d bus because every soldier know dey suppose 2 die 4 dey country.

D biggest obsurd was a day I in d Red House who I go c is Abu makin demands as he want 2 c d clerk as he have some marriages 2 register. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »

It turn out Abu was in the TTFF Centennial Dinner....same place where our President was.
ah boy....what a place.

I go hadda check back them book stores to see if they have it.  Maybe the publishers was working out distribution with them online retailers and was salting the T&T book stores?  I go see how the price compare cuz it relatively cheap online...even for the hardcover.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »
Well its that time again and my mind ran on this thread yesterday when Robbie visit the fella who's been holding a 3 day fast outside the Red House.   Wendell Eversley's the guys name and he was a hostage.  Apparently he's been calling for a Commission of Inquiry in the 19 years that's gone by.

Then I just saw an ad on TV6 that they are going to show a documentary on the whole thing.  They didn't give a date only that its coming soon....would love to see that....*sigh*  ah know 19 years has gone by eh but I doh think this will ever go away until we open up the wound, treat it properly and put it to rest once and for all....ah feel the powers that be just biding time till all the major players dead....memory cyar be the real reason.....who de hell going and forget this particular event..... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »
COMM OF ENQ has never serve any useful purpose.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »
COMM OF ENQ has never serve any useful purpose.
I know but at least we'll get some answers to some of the questions that's been swirling around for the past 2 decades...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »
A man tell me when he saw Abu Bakr on TTT, he thought it was Play of the Month!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »
Well its that time again and my mind ran on this thread yesterday when Robbie visit the fella who's been holding a 3 day fast outside the Red House.   Wendell Eversley's the guys name and he was a hostage.  Apparently he's been calling for a Commission of Inquiry in the 19 years that's gone by.

Then I just saw an ad on TV6 that they are going to show a documentary on the whole thing.  They didn't give a date only that its coming soon....would love to see that....*sigh*  ah know 19 years has gone by eh but I doh think this will ever go away until we open up the wound, treat it properly and put it to rest once and for all....ah feel the powers that be just biding time till all the major players dead....memory cyar be the real reason.....who de hell going and forget this particular event..... :-\

I feel real big and important men names will call if there were to be a commission, hence they  brakesin.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »
A man tell me when he saw Abu Bakr on TTT, he thought it was Play of the Month!!!

Is dat man name Clive Pantin because he thought was a skit as well. Play of d month was off tv bout a decade so how could dey feel it was a play is beyond me.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »

I feel real big and important men names will call if there were to be a commission, hence they  brakesin.

After we call dey name what go happen? NUTTENNNNNNNNNNN ZEROOOOOOOOOOO ZILTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »
Ehy TV6 advertising a trailor called 1990...a documentary but they ent saying what time or date it showing...look out for it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »
Ehy TV6 advertising a trailor called 1990...a documentary but they ent saying what time or date it showing...look out for it.

Part of the newscast for 3 nites.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
Starting when Weary...tonight?

1]; } ?>