April 23, 2024, 07:24:43 AM

Author Topic: Jihad in Trinidad and Tobago, July 27, 1990  (Read 29720 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jihad in Trinidad and Tobago, July 27, 1990
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
Wait nah!

Who it was on de campaign trail promise an enquiry into de coup?

I blieve d same peeps who said 3000 pension from age 60. I maybe wrong these days I goin by Josephine sista of Joseph d great dreamer. So may have dreamt dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »
Kamla say, Commission of Enquiry coming.  This was ignored for far too long....Kamla gets 6 out of 10 for bringing this to the fore.  She will get the other 4 when the enquiry actually gets up and running....

I hope it wont be too long again...I eh know how much longer Robbie will last....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »
Kamla say, Commission of Enquiry coming.  This was ignored for far too long....Kamla gets 6 out of 10 for bringing this to the fore.  She will get the other 4 when the enquiry actually gets up and running....

I hope it wont be too long again...I eh know how much longer Robbie will last....
Like yuh eh read where she get death threats in she arse as well. i believe she should just leave these jammat ppl alone and concentrate on the corruption wid udecutt and guanapo together wid the high level of criminal activity in the country and forget what happen 20 yrs ago! after all DR williams forgot and forgave dagga and lassalle dem.  move on kamla move on, yuh have bigger fish tuh fry.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »

Like yuh eh read where she get death threats in she arse as well. i believe she should just leave these jammat ppl alone and concentrate on the corruption wid udecutt and guanapo together wid the high level of criminal activity in the country and forget what happen 20 yrs ago! after all DR williams forgot and forgave dagga and lassalle dem.  move on kamla move on, yuh have bigger fish tuh fry.

While me eh really in favor of d COE reason being still waitin 4 d benefit from all from rest. But because we fraid dat clown Bakr is not a reason.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 10:41:27 PM »
I understand what you saying about time past and we have bigger fish to fry in this country...I just hope that this is a fact finding mission and not a witch hunt...I truly believe that we have already missed the boat on this one and Bakr is a legally freed man in this country...We probably the only country where someone like him could get off so easily, it's sad but it rounds up our Justice system..I don't think it have any files to buss with this issue..I believe he acted alone because no way in hell are you going to plan something as big as that and the first person you tip off is a politician..I still respect Robbie up to this day, say what you want about him, he's a true patriot.."Attack with full force" while having a gun stuck in your back, the man put country first..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »
I understand what you saying about time past and we have bigger fish to fry in this country...I just hope that this is a fact finding mission and not a witch hunt...I truly believe that we have already missed the boat on this one and Bakr is a legally freed man in this country...We probably the only country where someone like him could get off so easily, it's sad but it rounds up our Justice system..I don't think it have any files to buss with this issue..I believe he acted alone because no way in hell are you going to plan something as big as that and the first person you tip off is a politician..I still respect Robbie up to this day, say what you want about him, he's a true patriot.."Attack with full force" while having a gun stuck in your back, the man put country first..

ENTTTTTTT

truetrini

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:08 AM »
JC what make you say that Williams forgot and forgave the insurgents?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »
JC what make you say that Williams forgot and forgave the insurgents?
Didn't they all walked free?? when danjumma went back nigeria and did ah coup of his own williams never sought to re-open the case even when clark and hochoy was pressuring him to pursue further charges.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 01:40:08 PM »
good stuff dey tallman.  i had not seen this footage since 1990. now, of course i see it with different eyes and with the wisdom gained thru the years.  these men gett away scot free oui.  trinidad sweeeeet

ENT............Trinidad is the only country where a man stage a coup, kill people, bun dong de city, squat on government land like iz he own..............and still walk around like a VIP.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
good stuff dey tallman.  i had not seen this footage since 1990. now, of course i see it with different eyes and with the wisdom gained thru the years.  these men gett away scot free oui.  trinidad sweeeeet

ENT............Trinidad is the only country where a man stage a coup, kill people, bun dong de city, squat on government land like iz he own..............and still walk around like a VIP.

Yuh forget form a political party and fight a general election....ooopss sorry it wasn't him it was his son's party...... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
I hear how Abu Bakr going and be on Dale and Tony Morning show on I95 tomorrow morning. Might be interesting to hear.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »
20 years today people..

What is being done in rememberance of the people that were killed during the coup?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
20 years today people..

What is being done in rememberance of the people that were killed during the coup?

Service at Trinity Cathedral names of persons who died were read out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »
20 years today people..

Hmm...

Contrast that with what the Americans would do on the 10th/20th anniversaries of 9/11 to commemorate. Ah mean to say people dead and they shoot the Prime Minister! Today is basically our 9/11 and it seems we all too willing to just forget that and bury head in the sand.

Sorry but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth, this nation never really healed from that and it is my opinion that alot of the negative elements that have since crept into our social fabric stemmed from that fateful period.

Good to see the commission of enquiry being initiated and the Jamaat lands being auctioned off.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »
20 years today people..

Hmm...

Contrast that with what the Americans would do on the 10th/20th anniversaries of 9/11 to commemorate. Ah mean to say people dead and they shoot the Prime Minister! Today is basically our 9/11 and it seems we all too willing to just forget that and bury head in the sand.

Sorry but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth, this nation never really healed from that and it is my opinion that alot of the negative elements that have since crept into our social fabric stemmed from that fateful period.

Good to see the commission of enquiry being initiated and the Jamaat lands being auctioned off.

U know we eh have a sense of history. Of couse we became super lawless after July 27th. We were always lawless but free dem fellas say u can literally get away wit muder.

As 4 d COE u tell me d PP still makinin up dey mind bout who goin and sit on it. All yuh 4 yrs sayin dey should have 1 now all yuh could make it happen yuh never gave taught about who go b on it. LOUDDDDD STEUPSSSSS

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
TT coup: 20 years on

Abu Bakr called for public support for his attempted coup d'etat 
On the evening of 27 July 1990, 114 members of the islamic grouping, the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen took over the country's parliament during a sitting of the House of Representatives.
Jamaat leader Yasin Abu Bakr led some of his men and also took over the then only state TV station, Trinidad and Tobago Television (TTT).

Trinidad and Tobago's security forces cordoned off the areas around the Trinidad parliament (the Red House) and TTT.

Abu Bakr broadcast several transmissions to the Trinidad and Tobago public saying he had overthrown the government and asking for public support.

In the early hours of 28 July, the armed forces cut off transmissions from TTT. A state of emergency was imposed in Trinidad and Tobago and a five-day hostage crisis then ensued.

At the Red House, one of the hostages, Prime Minister ANR Robinson announced that an amnesty had been negotiated with the Muslimeen and a series of visits by go-betweens from the country's church leaders took place.

The surrender of the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen insurrectionists and the release of their hostages brought an end to six of the bloddiest days in Trinidad's history.

24 people were dead, many injured, and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage done to looted and damaged buildings and shops in the capital Port of Spain.

BBC Caribbean will be charting the personal stories of the key players in the events of 1990 and memories of those caught on the front line during the crisis.

Abu Bakr interview. This man still makes my skin crawl to this day, so full of himself.

1]; } ?>