April 26, 2024, 12:26:35 AM

Author Topic: Would we ever allow a national coach from a fellow CONCACAF country?  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ALl this talk about England and capello, how would we feel if an american was given the top job to coach us?

Or Mexican? Costa Rican?

Or even a Jamaican?

And dont come with the idealogy of supposed football pedigree.
Sven Goran Ericsson comes from a country that doesnt really do well on the world stage to coach a country that has actually won a world cup....
Not to mention Jose Mourinho...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Would we ever allow a national coach from a fellow CONCACAF country?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:11:02 AM »
I seem to recall stuart charles was our coach at one time wasnt he?....I think we're just concerned with results....not petty trivialities such as he not from this country...where is birchall from and that youth does leave his heart on the field.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »
ALl this talk about England and capello, how would we feel if an american was given the top job to coach us?

Or Mexican? Costa Rican?

Or even a Jamaican?

Sven Goran Ericsson comes from a country that doesnt really do well on the world stage to coach a country that has actually won a world cup....

beggars can't be choosers dread...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
Mexican or American but I prefer the former

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:42:03 AM »

Or Mexican? Costa Rican?

Or even a Jamaican?

Where is Stuart Charles Fevrier from ? I recall him being Technical director of T&T football at one point.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 08:47:47 AM »
fev is a lucian.

he was t&t manager for a lil while.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »

Bora avaialable. US$1M is easy money for your football federation to pay him. Simoes and his team will cost Jamaica roughly US$1.3M per year...a supposedly richer T&T should be able to afford that with ease.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »

Bora avaialable. US$1M is easy money for your football federation to pay him. Simoes and his team will cost Jamaica roughly US$1.3M per year...a supposedly richer T&T should be able to afford that with ease.

RF, not supposedly, we are much richer than JA.  That is not debatable.  That said, Bora has a "0" % chance of coaching trini.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:52:41 AM »

RF, not supposedly, we are much richer than JA.  That is not debatable.  That said, Bora has a "0" % chance of coaching trini.

As a country, T&T is wealthier than most other caribbean nations...given its abundance of natural Gas, Oil fields etc...but back to the point of football....how well would T&T football federation do in Jack Warners absence. I mean, with all the issues surrounding the none-payment of your coach, and the embarassing "black-listed" saga involving player disputes over money from world cup proceeds....th epicture being painted is one of a Federation thats not doing all that well financially.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »

As a country, T&T is wealthier than most other caribbean nations...given its abundance of natural Gas, Oil fields etc...but back to the point of football....how well would T&T football federation do in Jack Warners absence. I mean, with all the issues surrounding the none-payment of your coach, and the embarassing "black-listed" saga involving player disputes over money from world cup proceeds....th epicture being painted is one of a Federation thats not doing all that well financially.

Yuh think we getting any sponsorship for our football after all them thing wha happen camps have to step down.. thats one thing i can admire the public and private sector supports sports
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
how well would T&T football federation do in Jack Warners absence....

...and the embarassing "black-listed" saga involving player disputes over money from world cup proceeds...

Come nah man, RF. you here way too long to try that. "the black listed saga" is a direct result of Warner's presence...and you know it
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »

Bora avaialable. US$1M is easy money for your football federation to pay him. Simoes and his team will cost Jamaica roughly US$1.3M per year...

hmmm no thanks...unlike some countries we dont get excited for sloppy seconds
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »

Says the Jamaican whose federation is about 100 million $ in debt....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 03:26:24 PM »
Raggaefan,
                  The first greatest day in TT footbal was the 0-0 tie  vs Sweden. The second greastest day for TT football will be when Jack and his cabal leaves by any means necessary. Yes, he opens some doors for us being a biggie in FIFA. But that has not worked to our advantage. Because as soon as he opens it and get what he wants, he quickly shuts it(blacklist). We will also suffer from the revenge factor. The Concacaf countries who did not like Jack(mostly  the CA region) will gang up on TT. But that is not problem for TT.We could handle anyone. Win, lose or Draw.  The results on the field is what really matters, not the boardroom.

1]; } ?>