April 18, 2024, 05:30:36 PM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 123943 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: La Liga El Clásico - Madrid v FC Barcelona • 02 May 09
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »

When Lionel Messi netted for Barcelona during their historic 6-2 win at the Santiago Bernabeu over Real Madrid, he lifted his shirt to reveal a message to the fans on a t-shirt.

However, the logo was displayed so briefly that it was difficult for the worldwide audience to catch.

But by looking at a photograph of the moment, we see what Messi was trying to tell the world:

The t-shirt reads 'Sindrome X Fragil', which is the name of a medical condition known in English as Fragile X Syndrome.

Fragile X Syndrome is a genetic problem that leads to emotional, mental, and sometimes physical problems in its sufferers, with some of its effects being compared with those of autism.

Messi treats the syndrome as a personal cause, having during last month spent a day in Barcelona with children who suffer from the affliction.

As the player himself explained, he suffered from hormonal problems as a child, and had he not received help he could never have been in a position to score a vital goal for one of the world's top clubs.

Players often talk about giving something back, and with tonight's show of publicity it looks like Messi is serious about doing just that.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
nice gesture. u r a good kid  messi. ............................well , defenders may disagree
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »
Raul admits pain of Barcelona humiliation

May 3, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Real Madrid captain Raul was left with feelings of pain and helplessness as his side were thrashed by rampant Barcelona.
Click Here

Madrid`s hopes of winning a third successive Primera Division title are now all but gone after they were crushed 6-2 by Barca - the first time in almost 60 years that the Whites have conceded six goals in a match at home.

"We`ve felt powerless. It`s a defeat that hurts a lot," said Raul.

"We fought until the end, but we`ve come up against a better team and you have to congratulate them.

"To suffer such a defeat as this at home, seeing how comfortable the other team is and how they are enjoying themselves, makes you feel helpless."

The victory means treble-chasing Barca are now seven points clear of Madrid with four games remaining and could even be crowned champions next weekend if they beat Villarreal at the Nou Camp and Madrid lose away to Valencia.

"They depend on themselves now," said Raul. "They have the league in their hands, but we are going to try and finish as well as possible. There are four games left and we need to win them. Then we will see what happens.

"This defeat is painful for us and for our supporters, but football is like that."

Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who saved his side from an even heavier beating with a string of fine saves in the first half, added on his club`s website: "It hurts a lot to lose how we did, but it would have hurt more to lose 1-0 in the last minute.

"Barca are a great team, that`s all you can say. You have to congratulate them and accept the defeat."
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »
Real Madrid need their star Santiago Munez :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
For just football fans, this was a clasico indeed. For Barca fans, sweet revenge!. For Real fans, humiliation. But all in all great match.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
8 quality goals scored in that match.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »
Aight allyuh, I now come off the euphoria of that win.

No side score 6 goals in the Bernabau since the 50's, and this win was indeed special. This Barca side too good not win a trophy this year.

FINAL!

Real Madrid 2-6 FC Barcelona
1-0 : Higuaín 14'
1-1 : Henry 17'
1-2 : Puyol 20'
1-3 : Messi 36'
2-3 : Sergio Ramos 56'
2-4 : Henry 58'
2-5 : Messi 75'
2-6 : Piqué 82'

BOOKINGS:
23' Abidal (unsporting conduct on Robben) 4th
25' Lass (foul on Henry)
38' Puyol (foul on Sergio Ramos) 4th
45' Marcelo (foul on Messi)
74' Van der Vaart (foul on Alves)
85' Javi Garcia (foul on Iniesta)

First Half Full Highlights : Henry 1st Goal
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2824580

Second Goal for Real Madrid by Ramos 56
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2824676

Fourth Goal for Barcelona by Henry 58
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2824679

Fifth Goal for Barcelona by Messi 74
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2824698

Sixth Goal for Barcelona by Pique 83
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2824717

When Lionel Messi netted for Barcelona during their historic 6-2 win at the Santiago Bernabeu over Real Madrid, he lifted his shirt to reveal a message to the fans on a t-shirt.

However, the logo was displayed so briefly that it was difficult for the worldwide audience to catch.

But by looking at a photograph of the moment, we see what Messi was trying to tell the world:

The t-shirt reads 'Sindrome X Fragil', which is the name of a medical condition known in English as Fragile X Syndrome.

Fragile X Syndrome is a genetic problem that leads to emotional, mental, and sometimes physical problems in its sufferers, with some of its effects being compared with those of autism.

Messi treats the syndrome as a personal cause, having during last month spent a day in Barcelona with children who suffer from the affliction.

As the player himself explained, he suffered from hormonal problems as a child, and had he not received help he could never have been in a position to score a vital goal for one of the world's top clubs.

Players often talk about giving something back, and with tonight's show of publicity it looks like Messi is serious about doing just that.

Some Stats:

4 matches (12 points) remaining in the season.

• Barcelona has equalled the highest point tally of 85 for a 38-match season set by Real Madrid 2007/08.

• 7 goals needed to equal the all-time scoring tally of 107 set by Real Madrid in 1989/90. (That's right, they're currently sitting on 100 league goals!)

• 1 win away from equalling the 28 victories set by Real Madrid during a 38 match season (1987/88) and equalled by the Blaugrana team of 1996/97 (42 match season).

• 7 points needed to equal the largest point tally of 92 from a 42-match season set by Real Madrid in 1996/97.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
Full Highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDAHobvsjl8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oDAHobvsjl8</a>

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

ah, the middle finger....the universal sign for 4k you

this pic is kicks...can you count how many Madridistas giving Messi the finger...I count 6...

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:49 AM »

this pic is kicks...can you count how many Madridistas giving Messi the finger...I count 6...

I count 7  :rotfl:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »

Me 8... Toppa 9... Kicker 10 and counting  >:(  >:(  >:(  :'(  :'(  :'(

p.s. actually some of them people face is real kicks.. dey blue vex  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:55:16 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2009, 12:09:23 PM »

How much yuh count for de man who have up 2?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2009, 12:41:06 PM »
Looks like 9 (one man was giving a double f u)

Doh worry all that celebration will end at Stamford bridge.... they'll come back down to reality. :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •
« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »
Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid • 29 Nov 09

Sunday, 29 November 09, 19:00, Barcelona Time
Sunday, 29 November 09, 2:00pm, Trinidad

Camp Nou

History:
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol (also known as Los Putos Blancos (LPB), The Evil Empire (EE) is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain. Currently 1st in La Liga with 28 points.

In 1943, in a match against Real Madrid, which Madrid won 11:1, the Barcelona players were threatened by the police in their changing room. Examples such as these show the important role that FC Barcelona has played in the lives of its supporters and the rivalry that has existed (still exists?) between Barca and other Spanish clubs, and not only in terms of sporting matters.

Past Meetings

Real Madrid 2-6 FC Barcelona
1-0 : Higuaín 14'
1-1 : Henry 17'
1-2 : Puyol 20'
1-3 : Messi 36'
2-3 : Sergio Ramos 56'
2-4 : Henry 58'
2-5 : Messi 75'
2-6 : Piqué 82'

FC Barcelona 2-0 Real Mandrid
1-0 : Eto'o 83'
2-0 : Messi 90+1'

07/08
LPB 4-1 Barca
Barca 0-1 LPB

06/07
Barca 3-3 LPB
LPB 2-0 Barca

05/06
Barca 1-1 LPB
LPB 0-3 Barca

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:27:21 AM by Flex »

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Pedro....WTF??
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
Is like everytime dis yute play....he scorin.

De man start 10 games fuh Barca dis season....mostly as a sub or in Copa del Rey games.  8 goals....AND COUNTIN!

Wha de ass!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid • 29 Nov 09
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
Madrid fans!!!! 

Ah know allyuh watchin............

START TUH GET FRIGHTEN FROM NOW!!!!  :rotfl:
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
might not be a thrashing like last season but i feel real going to lose.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2009, 08:10:17 AM »
well if that inter game is any indication boy real in for a time!! and that was without messi and zlatan. Jesus!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2009, 03:39:47 PM »
This evening Madrid eh look like a unit that could beat Barca...They need to tighten up, and get it right...because they looking very mediocre despite sitting on top of the table. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
This evening Madrid eh look like a unit that could beat Barca...They need to tighten up, and get it right...because they looking very mediocre despite sitting on top of the table. 

What? They dominated most of the game and had quite a few shots that were saved by the keeper. Not exciting, but efficient.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »

What? They dominated most of the game and had quite a few shots that were saved by the keeper. Not exciting, but efficient.

I hear you...just wanted to see better.  FC Zurich is no Barca (they're no Inter either)...

Was hoping to see something that would fire me up for the weekend, but I guess I'll just have to wait for them to step it up at Camp Nou. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2009, 06:55:48 AM »

be prepared to have your ass handed to you

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
Ronaldo keen to play part in El Clasico after return

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was quick to switch his focus to El Clasico with Barcelona this weekend after making his return to action against FC Zurich following almost two months out through injury.

Ronaldo appeared as a 70th-minute substitute in the 1-0 Champions League win over the Swiss side on Wednesday, the Portugal international making his first appearance for Madrid since sustaining an ankle injury at the end of September.

Ronaldo was unable to mark his comeback with a goal, although he did come close near at the end when he was denied as Zurich goalkeeper Johnny Leoni dived low to his left.

Having only returned to full training on Friday, he told Spanish television channel Telemadrid: "I'm tired because I'm still not at 100%, but I'm sure I will return to be how I was before the injury, scoring goals, having good games and helping the team."

Ronaldo, who scored nine goals in helping Madrid win their opening seven competitive games this season, has been sorely missed by the Spanish giants, who won just half of their ten matches in his absence and were embarrassingly dumped out of the Copa del Rey by third tier Alcorcon.

He received a loud cheer from the Madrid supporters when he started warming up during the second half of the Zurich game, and then another ovation when he replaced club captain Raul.

"I had a very good reception and now I want to show them the best of me," he said. "I want to play in the Clasico if I feel good, although that is the reasonability of the coach. In any case, with or without me, the team are first in La Liga and in their Champions League group.

"Good players always have to play. (Against Zurich) I didn't score, but I hope to do in the following game. It doesn't bother me if it's 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 - the important thing is to win."

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »
Training session today. Messi and Zlatan trained but still unsure for Sun.

Més que un club.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »
Training session today. Messi and Zlatan trained but still unsure for Sun.

They're gonna play! Not too sure how dey would take part but dey certainly would!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »
Bet Real surprises people ...is my coach dey have dey ...and he surprised both of these top teams with Villareal in the past...so I backing Real in this super classico !It seems like he has been given a free hand now ...so he can pick who he likes ...we will see .

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »
Ah can't wait!

Barca v Real Madrid preview
Anticipation sky high as Spanish giants do battle

El Clasico last year saw Barca beat Real 6-2 at the Bernabeu

The first 'El Clasico' of the season takes place this Sunday as Barcelona lock horns with Real Madrid, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1.

The anticipation surrounding Spain's premier fixture is higher than ever with both clubs fully stocked with star-studded names after the Primera Liga giants splashed over £300million on summer signings.

New additions for the Camp Nou clash are Barca's marquee signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic, while Real have reclaimed their 'Galactico' status with the likes of Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema and world record signing Cristiano Ronaldo all arriving at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Both sides are faring well in domestic and European leagues - Pep Guardiola's Catalans beat Inter Milan on Tuesday to boost their hopes of retaining the UEFA Champions League while Sunday's visitors sit top of Group C after their latest win over FC Zurich on Wednesday.

As for the Primera Division, Manuel Pellegrini's side currently set the pace after they narrowly beat Racing Santander to leapfrog Barca last weekend, who could only manage a 1-1 draw at Athletic Bilbao.

With top spot and the ever-crucial head-to-head record at stake when Madrid come to town, Barca midfielder Xavi has demanded his team-mates remain faithful to their attacking philosophy by dictating the game against their bitter rivals.

Despite hammering Real 6-2 at the Bernabeu last season en route to winning the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey, Xavi insists victory - and not the margin of it - is most crucial.
Victory

"We are not thinking about beating Real Madrid by many goals," he said.

"We want the three points and that is what we will go out to win. We have a lot of respect for them and we must be careful because historically these are complicated games.

"They are the leaders at the moment and they are scoring goals at the moment. But we are at home and we are highly motivated for the game.

Alonso has revealed that Los Blancos are trying to treat the Barca showdown as just another three points, insisting the tie will not prove decisive in who will win the league this season.

The former Liverpool midfielder - who returned to his homeland last summer in a £30million move - hailed Xavi and Andres Iniesta as the players to watch.

"It will be important, but not decisive. Three more points are at stake, but we will face our greatest opponent and there are nevertheless many games left in the championship," he told his club's official website.

Of Xavi and Iniesta, Alonso said of his Spain team-mates: "Their performance level is truly impressive. I believe they are the best midfielders in the world."

Team news

Barca will call on their Spanish stars to do the business for them on Sunday as they look unlikely to call upon the services of Lionel Messi or Imbrahimovic for the derby affair.

Neither forward seems fit enough to start, Messi is struggling with the leg injury he picked up last weekend while his Swedish strike partner has been unable to shake off a thigh complaint.

Real have been boosted by the return of Ronaldo after the £80million signing made a successful comeback from an ankle injury as a substitute in Wednesday's Champions League success.

Pellegrini faces a dilemma on who to partner Raul up front with Gonzalo Higuain staking his claim after scoring his seventh goal of the season midweek, while Benzema will be hoping to feature in his first taste of 'El Clasico'.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/CKMOMQo035M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/CKMOMQo035M</a>
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:11:02 AM by Peong »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2009, 09:07:58 AM »
So today is the day.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
is "REAL" lixxs sharing today ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>