April 25, 2024, 08:23:59 PM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 124127 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid • 29 Nov 09
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
FC Barcelona 1-0 Real Madrid CF
1-0 : Ibrahimovic 56'

Valdés
Alves -- Puyol -- Piqué -- Abidal
                Busquets
              Xavi -- Keita
      Messi -- Henry -- Iniesta

51' Ibrahimovic for Henry
66' Touré for Keita

BOOKINGS
33' Arbeloa (foul on Messi)
41' Albiol (unsporting conduct)
49' L.Diarrá (foul on Messi)
50' Busquets (foul on C.Ronaldo) 2nd
62' Busquets (unsporting conduct) double booking = expulsion
69' Pepe (foul on Messi)
79' Marcelo (foul on Puyol)
89' L.Diarrá (foul on Messi) double booking = expulsion

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSGfReQVL4U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dSGfReQVL4U</a>

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
Real played well in the first half and should of taken the lead...but Barca controlled the game in the 2nd. For me, Henry and Messi was trying to alternate roles as the point striker in the system and Messi was somewhat ineffective because he's not as dangerous with his back to goal. When Zlatan came on the game changed. It allowed Messi to face defenders and run at will at them...which then created more space in the middle for Xavi and Iniesta to play dey self! But for me...man of d match was captain Puyol....he made 3 game saving tackles in the box for barca....blood sweat and tears from d captain yesterday!!! Great goal by Zlatan though. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
Real played well in the first half and should of taken the lead...but Barca controlled the game in the 2nd. For me, Henry and Messi was trying to alternate roles as the point striker in the system and Messi was somewhat ineffective because he's not as dangerous with his back to goal. When Zlatan came on the game changed. It allowed Messi to face defenders and run at will at them...which then created more space in the middle for Xavi and Iniesta to play dey self! But for me...man of d match was captain Puyol....he made 3 game saving tackles in the box for barca....blood sweat and tears from d captain yesterday!!! Great goal by Zlatan though. :beermug:

But this was the tactic last clasico when Barca won 6-2 that won all the praise from the critics.. Real Madrid were expecting Eto'o to be the point forward, but instead they put Messi central picking up the ball to draw the slow Real central defenders out of position and create space to exploit.. Seems to me like they tried something similar here..

Personally i was kinda disappointed with the lineup Pep started.. Was expecting to see Ibra or Henry up top with Messi on the right and Pedrito on the left.. Keita and Busquets starting to me looked like a defensive lineup..

For the people who think Sergio Ramos is one of the best defenders, i find its shocking how much times he gets caught out of position going forward.. Look where the goal come from again. Like i said before, he is a good right back but his problem is he thinks too highly of himself as an attacking force and neglects his defensive duties and positioning..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

For the people who think Sergio Ramos is one of the best defenders, i find its shocking how much times he gets caught out of position going forward.. Look where the goal come from again. Like i said before, he is a good right back but his problem is he thinks too highly of himself as an attacking force and neglects his defensive duties and positioning..

Breds, that soldier needs to do a course on discipline and focus- check my post right after the goal score:

How many times does Ramos fail to cover his man all the way back to the goal...poor defending (no tracking, no cover, no marking) free shot...good finish nevertheless...

1-0 Barca

Lawd dat fella could make yuh butt yuh head on a wall dread......the quality of his game with the ball at his feet is not common for a defender (balance, comfort in ball handling, athleticism, courage and flare going forward etc)..but on the flip side it's always some kinda mental lapse defensively dread- glad someone else recognized it. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:48:07 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
Other people saying is Pepe ho was out of position for the goal.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
Other people saying is Pepe ho was out of position for the goal.

Tough call if you're not down on the field I suppose...could be a miscommunication between the two- but Pepe is a central, non marking half back (sweeper)...and he was covering his central area... Ramos who is a marking full back ...was left trailing yards behind.

Looks like Ramos got lazy if you ask me...and yes this is 100% armchair coaching just in case you mistook it for something else  ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
When the ball was shipped in, there were 3 defenders and 3 forwards.
Pepe was the only defender in position, and he had 2 free Barca men to deal with, Ibra who was behind his back and somebody else in front of him.
Ramos was the only defender who was seein the entire play, and should have seen the danger Ibra posed, but he decide to jog.
Ramos shoulda had Ibra.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
OK. On another forum they lambasting Pepe for being out of position. I seemed to think it was Ramos as well. He always ends up looking on from somewhere other than where he supposed to be: in defence.

Marcelo is still rel shit though. steups
www.westindiantube.com

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »

i concur! Puyol is and has been d heart and soul of d team! the epitome of barca!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »

Marcelo is still rel shit though. steups

haha..yeah he's taken a step backward this season...

Looked good under Juande Ramos last season....but seems lost at the moment

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »
Ibrahimovic's MAIN job is to put the ball in de back of the net. Brand don't win games...........GOALS do! Whether he may seem slow or whatever, he is scoring and that is what a Striker MUST do!!!!!!!!!!!

People fight him down. He is a proven goal scorer.......he did it in Italy and now he is still putting the ball in the net.

He had a bad World Cup, just as the GREAT Marco Van Basten had a terrible WC in 1990

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »
Ibrahimovic's MAIN job is to put the ball in de back of the net. Brand don't win games...........GOALS do! Whether he may seem slow or whatever, he is scoring and that is what a Striker MUST do!!!!!!!!!!!

People fight him down. He is a proven goal scorer.......he did it in Italy and now he is still putting the ball in the net.

He had a bad World Cup, just as the GREAT Marco Van Basten had a terrible WC in 1990

Yuh not wrong small change, we'll see how the rest of the Ibra chapter unfolds

i concur! Puyol is and has been d heart and soul of d team! the epitome of barca!

Dread, in a word "amazing" dais Puyol, dat is true blood, sweat, and tears, coming at yuh 115%, vat inclusive and he eh missin ah beat, best center back for me in the world right now, ah must in de hole
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
El Clásico - FC Barcelona v Real Madrid, 29 Nov 2010
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »
Monday, 29 November 2010, 9:00, Barcelona Time
Monday, 29 November 2010, 4:00, Trinidad Time

Stadium:
Camp Nou, Barcelona

Guardiola vs Mourinho
Messi vs C.Ronaldo
Xavi vs Alonso
Pique vs Benzema
Puyol vs Ozil

07/08
LPB 4-1 Barca
Barca 0-1 LPB

06/07
Barca 3-3 LPB
LPB 2-0 Barca

05/06
Barca 1-1 LPB
LPB 0-3 Barca

League Ranks:
1st, Real Madrid, 32 Points, +27 GD
2nd Barcelona, 31 Points, +25 GD
3rd, Villarreal , 24 Points, +11 GD
4th, Espanyol, 22 Points, -1 GD
5th, Valencia, 21 Points, +5 GD
6th, Atlético Madrid, 20 Points, +6 GD

Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona 0-2 (10.04.2010)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fR_56kuqx9c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fR_56kuqx9c</a>

Més que un club.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clásico - FC Barcelona v Real Madrid, 29 Nov 2010
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2010, 08:14:24 AM »
Should be an epic show

looks like one of the ESPN's locally showing it... bess

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
Tink ah takin half day nex Monday  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
Tink ah takin half day nex Monday  ;D

I stretching my thanksgiving TT trip for a extra day under 'working from home' vibes..

Yuh feel is joke! ;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
You have meh dying with the LPB  :rotfl:

but that kinda disrespect will not be tolerated... licks for allyuh  >:(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
You have meh dying with the LPB  :rotfl:

but that kinda disrespect will not be tolerated... licks for allyuh  >:(

**in meh Bunji voice**
Fyyyyaaaahhhhh for Los Putos Blancos.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
As has been the pattern in the last few years, I think Barca is still the better footballing side, but for the first time since Madrid won the 07/08 title I think los blancos might have enough to be the better side on the day.

El Clasico was barely a contest the last 2 seasons... Excited to see that change this season. 

Would be nice to silence the Nou Camp. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »
I wonder what is jose plan for de clasico..

Take care he eh set up Real Madrid in a "gih-dem-de-ball" formation like Inter lol.

One thing for sure, ah bet they will be looking to exploit Busquets.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
I wonder what is jose plan for de clasico..

Take care he eh set up Real Madrid in a "gih-dem-de-ball" formation like Inter lol.

One thing for sure, ah bet they will be looking to exploit Busquets.

Pep eh chupid, as Busquets get rape he go bring on Mascherano, who, in my opinion, is a much better passer of the ball.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2010, 10:01:23 AM »
Is Barcelona peaking for El Clasico?

Barcelona’s relatively slow start to the season was a source of worry for many fans: the loss to Hercules and the ties with Rubin Kazan, Mallorca and Copenhagen could have been written off as fluke results, but the bigger observation that the team seemed to lack the hunger in pressing that had been displayed in previous seasons was a bigger concern. Spanish sports writer Guillem Balague has suggested that this slow start was engineered by design, and that it was part of a bigger plan to peak for the month of November during a crucial run of games including Monday’s Clasico.

Speaking on last week’s Revista de la Liga, Balague noted explicitly that “The idea was to peak in November – that’s five consecutive victories and you can tell that Barcelona are sharp; sharp in terms of the pressure they put on high up the pitch, as they did against Villarreal. The intensity of the play and the pace of the distribution of the ball as well – all that shows a team that is physically at the peak of its powers.”

This was a plan apparently hatched by Barcelona’s technical staff to respond to the player fatigue that always follows a World Cup year, and to the resulting lack of a proper pre-season. Balague argues that games against Hercules were in fact Barcelona’s defacto preseason, and that the team is hitting its stride just in time to crush their rivals from Madrid.

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »
This game should be a true Clasico in trute

Barca now ketchin some form but Real has been FRIGHTENING this past lil while.

I eh know if Barca have de defensive strength to handle Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria, Ozil etc
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 24, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
Its all about Messi !! This is the stage that great players excel on ...... Morinho's plan ??? how to stop messi from scoring and scoring and scoring !!! Guardiola's plan ...how to protect Messi from Real's avances.
We are seeing one of the greatest players of all time ....and he is still only 23 ... Tactics go out the window when games like this come up ....individuals turn the game ....If Messi scores Barca wins !!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 24, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
Is Barcelona peaking for El Clasico?

Barcelona’s relatively slow start to the season was a source of worry for many fans: the loss to Hercules and the ties with Rubin Kazan, Mallorca and Copenhagen could have been written off as fluke results, but the bigger observation that the team seemed to lack the hunger in pressing that had been displayed in previous seasons was a bigger concern. Spanish sports writer Guillem Balague has suggested that this slow start was engineered by design, and that it was part of a bigger plan to peak for the month of November during a crucial run of games including Monday’s Clasico.

Speaking on last week’s Revista de la Liga, Balague noted explicitly that “The idea was to peak in November – that’s five consecutive victories and you can tell that Barcelona are sharp; sharp in terms of the pressure they put on high up the pitch, as they did against Villarreal. The intensity of the play and the pace of the distribution of the ball as well – all that shows a team that is physically at the peak of its powers.”

This was a plan apparently hatched by Barcelona’s technical staff to respond to the player fatigue that always follows a World Cup year, and to the resulting lack of a proper pre-season. Balague argues that games against Hercules were in fact Barcelona’s defacto preseason, and that the team is hitting its stride just in time to crush their rivals from Madrid.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight .........
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #325 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »

I eh know if Barca have de defensive strength to handle Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria, Ozil etc
Real eh good enough to stop Iniesta and Messi.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 24, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

Allyuh good enough to stop us?

Like yuh'n see how we man-handle Ajax yesterday ah wha?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 24, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »

I doh know nah it does seem like barca or any odder team vs Jose an whoever he coaching.................sort of like starcraft in d hands of ah korean u have to be wary
I pity the fool....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 24, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
I doh let my allegiance cloud my vision so I go say it, I watch Barca play against Villareal 2 weekends ago, and Almeria last weekend in the 8-0 drubbing and in all honesty, it pains me to say it but Real Madrid eh ballin' like that...Barca have a chemistry and a precision that yuh doh see too often.  Their two weaknesses are that they can be a bit light weight at the back sometimes, and their counter-attack is not the quickest..

The difference between this Real Madrid side though, and the ones of the last 2 seasons is that they have some more quality, and more importantly they have a COACH that you can trust to prepare them better than any other for the big games- and THAT is what giving me some confidence going into this one.

Xabi Alonso and Ricardo Carvalho are the two players holding the team together while C.Ronaldo stealing all the headlines....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:31:48 PM by kicker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 24, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
I doh let my allegiance cloud my vision so I go say it, I watch Barca play against Villareal 2 weekends ago, and in all honesty, it pains me to say it but Real Madrid eh ballin' like that...Barca have a chemistry and a precision that yuh doh see too often.

The difference between this Real Madrid side though, and the ones of the last 2 seasons is that they have some more quality, and more importantly they have a COACH that you can trust to prepare them better than any other for the big games- and THAT is what giving me some confidence going into this one.

Xabi Alonso and Ricardo Carvalho are the two players holding the team together while C.Ronaldo stealing all the headlines....

Hoss.....defence for defence.....who could keep who out?

Messi, Iniesta, Villa, & Pedro vs Carvalho, Pepe, Marcelo, & Arbeloa

Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria, Ozil vs Pique, Puyol, Abidal, & Dani Alves

Should be a cracker
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>