April 29, 2024, 02:37:07 AM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 124352 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clásico - FC Barcelona v Real Madrid, 29 Nov 2010
« Reply #480 on: November 29, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
Real *was gettin' lix* today, no matter their tactics.

Spot on...that game wasnt about Real...when Barca play like that they are unplayable. :notworthy:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 29, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
Last year?   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:    Small Mag we made it to the Final last year at the Bernabeau??

Reaper yuh delete yuh comment so I will let it slide.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 29, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
Kicker, yuh ok dread?  Hang tite man, all gwine be awrite
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 29, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »

Is Toppa I fraid for  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #485 on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
People so focus on the managers and Messi v Ronaldo that dey forget that Xavi and Inesta playing winning quality football longer than Ozil and Xavi Alonso. Barca's big 3 better than Real's.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
That is my Spanish team...what ah beating!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
Jose fall for the fans and press talk about Real will play defensive and try to get a result.... he decided to open up and take them on... Big mistake... Real not strong enough or fast enough in mid and defense to try to play against them...  they had to stay real tight and probably play Ronaldo through the center as a Striker

I sure he will regret that..hr could have been boring and dirty and been on top of the league.... instead of getting hit for 5 when it could have been 10

Which is the better question for the only football fans... yea 5 nil is more fun for the neutral..but wouldnt Real rather a snooze fest and go home on top?

Trophies is what it is all about.... I would take a 0-0 anyday If it meant not getting opened up and losing the grip in the race....  

Jose still young...he get bold and figure because Real destroying the lack of quality teams in La Liga he could beat the team that plays the best football by trying to match them... wrong... unfortunately Real fans and Jose will hadda take 5 to realise this...

small mag yuh talkin' nonsense.  Real *was gettin' lix* today, no matter their tactics.  Just like manu was never winning that CL final against Barca last year.

you probably right about them getting beat..Barca was just real good and up for it today

but I asked valid questions to fans.. what would they rather...

but yea I understand why he thought they could win... but it was a false illusion

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »

Is Toppa I fraid for  8)

I am very fine, thank you.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 29, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »
Dat was a beat down...Barca ran circles around them in the mid field and took advantage of the off the ball running on the weak side with disguised and clever passing. I wouldn't lie they exposed PePe today, a lot of times he seemed lost when it came to marking. A clinic by Barca :applause: :applause:

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 29, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
During his traditional post-match press conference, Mourinho commented that he is optimistic that his team will bounce back from Monday’s defeat next weekend against Valencia.

"I am not humiliated at all. This is the biggest defeat I have ever suffered in league play. It is hard to swallow because we never had a chance of winning. It wasn’t one of those defeats that leave a bad taste in your mouth because we didn’t deserve to lose or because the referee performed badly or because the ball hit the post. One team played as well as it could and the other played badly. It is a deserving win and a deserving defeat, which makes it easy to swallow."

"The difference between the two teams is a championship that will be even until the end. Barcelona is a finished piece of work after many years together. Real Madrid isn’t a finished product and needs a lot of time to be one. Today’s score is not the difference between the two teams. The outcome is a reward for the team that played well and a punishment for the team that played poorly. It is an easy score to explain and swallow. I am obviously saddened because no one likes to lose, especially by such a large margin."

"I hope this does not affect the players psychologically. I told them exactly that. That the championship didn’t end today. Who knows if we will return to this stadium again this season? Last year I lost here with Inter and a few months later we returned, qualified for the Champions League final and they got stuck at home watching it on television. We must have character. I always tell players that they have reason to cry with joy after winning important matches. You cannot cry when you concede four or five goals. You must be anxious to return to work and win the next match. I wish the Valencia match was tomorrow and not Saturday. After such a bad match you must go right back to work, play and win."

"We gave up two goals close to the net. The ease with which we gave up possession resulted in two goals that were our fault. Down 2-0 against a team that is deadly on the counterattack you have two options. You can settle for the 2-0 or you can try to pressure more. Barcelona played a fantastic match. I am only concerned about my team, which has played phenomenal football until now. Today we played bad and on Saturday we must prove that today’s score was a fluke by returning to our winning ways."

"This wasn’t a tense match. I didn’t feel I could really help. I tried to during halftime, but the game was over once Barcelona scored the third goal. I didn’t want my team to lose its balance and dignity until the end of the match. I knew early on that we had no chance and I felt a little helpless not being able to help accomplish what we wanted."

"I am disappointed because I expected much better, but so did the players. We expected much more. We all feel the same, but the match is over. There is nothing left for us to do. As of tomorrow, there is a lot. We must wait until the next match and continue two points off the lead."

giggsy11

« Reply #491 on: November 29, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
865714Soccer on
Subscribe Spanish Primera División

ESPN.CO.UK ESPN.COM ESPNDEPORTES.COM Spain: La Liga   
 Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

Mourinho plays down scale of lossNovember 29, 2010

Email Print By ESPNsoccernet staff

Jose Mourinho does not believe that Real Madrid were humiliated after they suffered a crushing 5-0 defeat at the hands of rivals Barcelona on Monday night.

Goals from Xavi, Pedro, a double from David Villa and a last-gasp effort from Jeffren saw Barcelona secure a victory that sends them top of the Primera Liga and inflicted the worst defeat of Mourinho's career.

Real also saw Sergio Ramos dismissed late on at Camp Nou but although he admitted his team played poorly, Mourinho denied the result represented a full-scale embarrassment for his side.

"One team played very good, one team very bad," Mourinho said. "One deserved to win and deserved to lose. Humiliated? No. It's easy to deal with this loss, we just weren't good enough.

"We gifted them two goals that were almost ridiculous. I was watching the game. I tried to change things at the interval and we came out quite well, but then they scored again and there was nothing I could do - the game was lost.

"Last week we had a point more than Barcelona and today we have a point less. And as I have always said, Barca is the finished article while Madrid is still a long way off that."

Guardiola - who when asked if this result could result in Mourinho's departure, as an 8-0 win over Almeria saw Juanma Lillo lose his job, replied: "I don't think so" - said of the result: "'This match isn't representative of the difference between the two teams. They are a very good team, they came here unbeaten and as league leaders. Today all of our players played well and that was the difference.

"Now it's very easy to we are better than them, but only time will tell. In a few years time, we will see. They are on a spectacular level, but we were better today.

"In these two years we have been superior to Madrid - that's true. With time, we can enjoy these things more,'' he said. And we will enjoy this for a few days now as well."

Villa, who converted following two superb passes from Lionel Messi, said: "It's been a very important win. We looked for the victory and we got it. And the result and the manner in which we achieved it, you cannot ask for more.

"We are two points clear. We need to continue working hard. We are in November. Just as before the game nothing was lost, now neither have we won anything. We have an advantage but we need to continue working."

Real midfielder Xabi Alonso insisted that all is not yet lost in La Liga after Real suffered their first defeat of the season.

"We didn`t expect a game like this but there's a lot of the season left and this isn't over," Alonso told AS. "They have made things a lot easier for themselves by scoring the first so early and then getting the second quickly. It's been very difficult. We have to learn from the mistakes we've made."

Stats
 Copa del ReyESPNsoccernet: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Report a Bug | Contact Us | News Archive | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information
Copyright ©2010 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

giggsy11

« Reply #492 on: November 29, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
Ronaldo joined the wrong side.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 29, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

should have never left the right side  ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:01:59 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 29, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »

allyuh good yes... allyuh is seer men or wha?

ah man today say how fans is fickle people... never truer words was spoken...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 29, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »
Barca played well, Madrid played terribly.

The better side won- nothing else to say.  It's like trying to explain why 4 is less than 5. 

Congrats Barca fans...we'll be back.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 29, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
Ray Huson was in real fom today>

His first one was "Messi so fast that he could follow you into a revolving door and come out first."  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then he say "Real Defense getting stretched like Spandex on a Miami beach."
 :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #497 on: November 29, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »

Not being fickle, I am not a Real fan. But you know the old sayin 'if you can't beat dem join dem", hence me sayin he join the wrong side. By the way it was tongue in cheek. Better?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 29, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
Ramos doing what he can to get revenge.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 29, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
BARCA RULES
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 29, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
The passing on display today was orgasmic.
I never see a team knock like Barca.
The ability of so many Barca players to work in the smallest of spaces is incredible.
Then when the other team gets the ball, Barca swarm them like ants.
Best teamwork I ever see.

giggsy11

« Reply #501 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »

Quick point; Ronaldo was right when he said Barca wouldn't score 8 on dem. I know yuh side loss so hard luck dey. :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 29, 2010, 11:34:21 PM »

His first one was "Messi so fast that he could follow you into a revolving door and come out first."  :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 30, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »
Wow! what a beat down! Or should I say RM get beat up by ah big side  :devil: ;D

Big Up!

Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2010, 04:45:16 AM »
From the Guardian MBM  reader suggestions:

El Outclassico
El Trashico
El Smashico
El Crashico
El Clumsico
El Kick Assico
El Orgasmico
El Castratico
El Cataclysmico

I ent see the game or the highlights but anytime Mourinho get his ass handed to him it is Magnifico.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #505 on: November 30, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

that is a classic....i hope barca doh get carried away with this win....we still have plenty work to do

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »
Jose must go !! As league leader you get embarassed in such a manner ...and you " dont feel humiliated " ? Tell that to the club President ! This is Real Madrid  ....the club that fired a coach after he won the league title but lost to Barcelona.

Like Jose too busy in front the mirror to realize that where Barca and Real Madrid are concerned bragging rights count the most. I was loking at the smirking Barca President next to a grave looking Real Madrid President ... jose could well see the door if he is not careful.

I said it before Barca with Messi is unstoppable. It is like a ferrari in a car race and a ferrari driven by Schumacher in a car race !

Now all dem peeps who looking for solace in Jose's  words ...wake up !! this was the biggest club game in world football ..you live for this game as a player, fan, sponsor, Tv station....it does not get any bigger than this.

....with the world watching you get caught with your pants down  and you not humiliated ?

No way jose !

giggsy11

« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »
Jose must go !! As league leader you get embarassed in such a manner ...and you " dont feel humiliated " ? Tell that to the club President ! This is Real Madrid  ....the club that fired a coach after he won the league title but lost to Barcelona.

Like Jose too busy in front the mirror to realize that where Barca and Real Madrid are concerned bragging rights count the most. I was loking at the smirking Barca President next to a grave looking Real Madrid President ... jose could well see the door if he is not careful.

I said it before Barca with Messi is unstoppable. It is like a ferrari in a car race and a ferrari driven by Schumacher in a car race !

Now all dem peeps who looking for solace in Jose's  words ...wake up !! this was the biggest club game in world football ..you live for this game as a player, fan, sponsor, Tv station....it does not get any bigger than this.

....with the world watching you get caught with your pants down  and you not humiliated ?

No way jose !

Who at this time with this side can get better results than Jose? Plus you already claimed that Messi and Barca are unstoppable; so what is firing Jose going to change?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 30, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »
Jose fall for the fans and press talk about Real will play defensive and try to get a result.... he decided to open up and take them on... Big mistake... Real not strong enough or fast enough in mid and defense to try to play against them...  they had to stay real tight and probably play Ronaldo through the center as a Striker

I sure he will regret that..hr could have been boring and dirty and been on top of the league.... instead of getting hit for 5 when it could have been 10

Which is the better question for the only football fans... yea 5 nil is more fun for the neutral..but wouldnt Real rather a snooze fest and go home on top?

Trophies is what it is all about.... I would take a 0-0 anyday If it meant not getting opened up and losing the grip in the race....  

Jose still young...he get bold and figure because Real destroying the lack of quality teams in La Liga he could beat the team that plays the best football by trying to match them... wrong... unfortunately Real fans and Jose will hadda take 5 to realise this...

I don't agree that Jose went out to "outplay" Barca.  Madrid started the game very conservatively, and put everyone behind the ball.  They sat deep in a zonal formation and they played flat at the back.  He tried to beat Barca the same way he beat them with Inter.  A deep zonal formation that allowed Barca to play with the ball in front of them, with a focus on closing down Messi who starts his runs from deep.  

There were some big differences however:

1- David Villa runs the channels alot better than Ibra.  If you have horses up front running the channels like Villa and Pedro, you can't allow Messi and Xavi and Iniesta to keep the ball so much with that much time.  They will pick you off, and so they did- almost every through pass was a dangerous opportunity on goal- which highlighted another difference:

2- They were too flat at the back! There was no cover....almost every through pass was successful.  Against Barca last season, Inter didn't have to worry as much because the ball was being flighted into Ibra who plays with his back to the goal...so you could play flat and focus on Messi who makes all of his runs from deep...But the way Villa moves is a different story- a flat backline is asking for problems. I don't think they (Inter) played as flat last season against Barca...

3- The defensive shift that Eto'o put in as a forward was no where matched by C. Ronaldo or Benzema.  

4- There was no midfielder on RM yesterday who could release the ball as quickly and accurately as Sneijder did for Inter last season, when Real actual gained possession of it.  

All in all Barca just played a fantastic game all around- They would have beaten anyone the way they played last night.  I don't think that they are a 5 goals better than Madrid.  I mean they beat lesser teams by less.

Madrid was slightly unfortunate not to weather the early storm, and at 2-0 the game was over.  By the time Mourinho made the tactical switch by bringing Lass on to close up the channels, it was too late. Barca found a rhythm that was simply unbreakable on the night.

Barca is better than Madrid no doubt (I've admitted that since the start of this thread), but on a good day Madrid has the quality to play with them if they get the tactics right.  Yesterday was not that good day...not even close.  

With all the money that Madrid has spent on players, some guys still need to prove themselves in the Madrid shirt.  Ozil and Di Maria for e.g. don't show me enough over 90 minutes, and the team relies on them for creativity.  Ozil hides for long periods, and Di Maria is so raw sometimes he looks like can't even trap the ball cleanly and make a sharp cut without falling down. Khedira (sp?) needs to build some personality as well...He was invisible last night as he often is...  

As Jose said, it's a work in progress (the team)...we'll see...

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:17:31 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 30, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Good post kicker...

also I find jai john in his praises of messi, does kind of bring down barcelona in a way...

This barcelona team is the culmination of years of a particular kind of system, that is now bearing fruit in some irresistable football, that does bring tears to the eyes... this last 6-7 years generation of barcelona football is probably the best i ever see in my life (the best anybody has seen maybe) ... and i shudder to think that they may only get better...

my only consolation is that xavi ent have too much years left :praying: please god  ;D

side note: xavi completed 114 of 117 passes last night... the 6th time he has gone over 100 complete passes in a game.... only one other man ever do it... xabi alonso and the game pass he straight last night
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:24:40 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>