April 27, 2024, 10:01:03 AM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 124230 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clásico - FC Barcelona v Real Madrid, 29 Nov 2010
« Reply #510 on: November 30, 2010, 09:21:37 AM »
Jose fall for the fans and press talk about Real will play defensive and try to get a result.... he decided to open up and take them on... Big mistake... Real not strong enough or fast enough in mid and defense to try to play against them...  they had to stay real tight and probably play Ronaldo through the center as a Striker

I sure he will regret that..hr could have been boring and dirty and been on top of the league.... instead of getting hit for 5 when it could have been 10

Which is the better question for the only football fans... yea 5 nil is more fun for the neutral..but wouldnt Real rather a snooze fest and go home on top?

Trophies is what it is all about.... I would take a 0-0 anyday If it meant not getting opened up and losing the grip in the race....  

Jose still young...he get bold and figure because Real destroying the lack of quality teams in La Liga he could beat the team that plays the best football by trying to match them... wrong... unfortunately Real fans and Jose will hadda take 5 to realise this...

I don't agree that Jose went out to "outplay" Barca.  Madrid started the game very conservatively, and put everyone behind the ball.  They sat deep in a zonal formation and they played flat at the back.  He tried to beat Barca the same way he beat them with Inter.  A deep zonal formation that allowed Barca to play with the ball in front of them, with a focus on closing down Messi who starts his runs from deep.  

There were some big differences however:

1- David Villa runs the channels alot better than Ibra.  If you have horses up front running the channels like Villa and Pedro, you can't allow Messi and Xavi and Iniesta to keep the ball so much with that much time.  They will pick you off, and so they did- almost every through pass was a dangerous opportunity on goal- which highlighted another difference:

2- They were too flat at the back! There was no cover....almost every through pass was successful.  Against Barca last season, Inter didn't have to worry as much because the ball was being flighted into Ibra who plays with his back to the goal...so you could play flat and focus on Messi who makes all of his runs from deep...But the way Villa moves is a different story- a flat backline is asking for problems. I don't think they (Inter) played as flat last season against Barca...

3- The defensive shift that Eto'o put in as a forward was no where matched by C. Ronaldo or Benzema.  

4- There was no midfielder on RM yesterday who could release the ball as quickly and accurately as Sneijder did for Inter last season, when Real actual gained possession of it.  

All in all Barca just played a fantastic game all around- They would have beaten anyone the way they played last night.  I don't think that they are a 5 goals better than Madrid.  I mean they beat lesser teams by less.

Madrid was slightly unfortunate not to weather the early storm, and at 2-0 the game was over.  By the time Mourinho made the tactical switch by bringing Lass on to close up the channels, it was too late. Barca found a rhythm that was simply unbreakable on the night.

Barca is better than Madrid no doubt (I've admitted that since the start of this thread), but on a good day Madrid has the quality to play with them if they get the tactics right.  Yesterday was not that good day...not even close.  

With all the money that Madrid has spent on players, some guys still need to prove themselves in the Madrid shirt.  Ozil and Di Maria for e.g. don't show me enough over 90 minutes, and the team relies on them for creativity.  Ozil hides for long periods, and Di Maria is so raw sometimes he looks like can't even trap the ball cleanly and make a sharp cut without falling down. Khedira (sp?) needs to build some personality as well...He was invisible last night as he often is...  

As Jose said, it's a work in progress (the team)...we'll see...

Kicker, how yuh doin bredda, yuh ok?  Good assessment, RM time will come, not dis season doh  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
kicker ah next ting... leading up to the game i was telling partners that real madrid have too many "Clasico rookies" and it will be hard for them to handle the pressure... that Nou Camp ent easy to play in especially in that kind of atmosphere, with barca running at full steam...

Ozil, Khedira and DiMaria... yeah dey come through the World Cup and Champions league football, but they never come through something like this...

DiMaria make a primary school savannah football gaffe in de first half... try to trap a ball under no pressure and it roll under he foot.. that speak volumes to me

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 30, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
kicker ah next ting... leading up to the game i was telling partners that real madrid have too many "Clasico rookies" and it will be hard for them to handle the pressure... that Nou Camp ent easy to play in especially in that kind of atmosphere, with barca running at full steam...

Ozil, Khedira and DiMaria... yeah dey come through the World Cup and Champions league football, but they never come through something like this...

DiMaria make a primary school savannah football gaffe in de first half... try to trap a ball under no pressure and it roll under he foot.. that speak volumes to me

True- Some of dem fellas eh seasoned enough.  In a big game like that alotta times it's the first 20 mins in each half that makes the difference- Bunker down and survive the storm...then start playing when the game settle... The more youth and nerves yuh have in the line up, the harder that is.   

When iz one and two goal in yuh arse early in the game and the whole 100,000 in the Nou Camp start tuh get on yuh back, and iz only tock tock and beat Xavi and Iniesta puttin' on yuh to the sound of OLE OLE...and yuh chasin' shadows without a clue, if yuh eh have the right belly yuh probably wish yuh never got outta bed in the morning. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2010, 09:42:42 AM »

Kicker, how yuh doin bredda, yuh ok?  Good assessment, RM time will come, not dis season doh  :devil:

Hahaha yeah man I good...It was rough though. 

Wha about de Wifey come home and see me in the middle of watching the game (Delayed/DVR) and encouraged me to "get out and get some fresh air..."  stress lol....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »

Hahaha yeah man I good...It was rough though. 

Wha about de Wifey come home and see me in the middle of watching the game (Delayed/DVR) and encouraged me to "get out and get some fresh air..."  stress lol....

:beermug:  de beatiful game boy, one thing is for sure for us TT and other fans on this board, RM will bounce back, de TT national team?  Steups
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •
« Reply #515 on: November 30, 2010, 10:00:30 AM »
I eh go lie, i am a Chelsea fan and I get more than a lil sour on Barca when they sell Eto'o. But I have no issue in admitting that when they play football the way they did yesterday, they are the absolute epitome of how the game of football should be played.

I see some ridiculous kinda knock in that game. Iniesta watching a teammate with 2 Real Madrid coming hard men on his back and still giving him the ball to foot for a one bounce back to knock off the ball again..

I see a string of about 10 one touch passes, like back in small goal when men say we playing one touch and out.

I see Real Madrid press the life out of the Barca defensive third, and men just casually stroking the ball around them like cones, coming out of that sauce and they gone again. Absolute brilliance.

Small Mag you real wrong. Jose could not set up his team like Inter did and play de 'gih-dem-de-ball' formation because his team is not yet constructed to play like that. They don't have the personnel or the workhorses to make that system happen, that Inter side was 2 full years in the making. You forget what happen to them when they bounce up Barca in the second round in Jose's first year or what?

I giving Jose real credit for his press conference though. There is no better way that he could have responded to such a humiliating defeat that would help to keep his team psychologically on track. "Real Madrid played at their worst and Barca at their best" is the perfect cover for the truth of the matter which is that they were blown off the pitch by a team that is light years ahead of them.

Cristiano Ronaldo... still a goat in the highest. If you are supposed to be the best player in the world, you should look it and you should make your teammates look better too. When the pressure is on, he does fold up like a potato roti.

Good observation, I was thinking the same thing. Yuh coulda see it on Di Maria face, the youth look totally overawed by the occasion. Ozeil, Khedira and Benzema were non-factors and well Marcelo was a shambles. Psychologically the game was lost when you have your star players trying to give up the responsibility of having the ball instead of making something happen.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 30, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »
FC Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
1-0 : Xavi 10'
2-0 : Pedro 18'
3-0 : Villa 55'
4-0 : Villa 58'
5-0 : Jeffren 90+1'

LINEUPS:
FC Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, and Villa
Real Madrid: Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo, X. Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, C. Ronaldo, Di Maria, and Benzema

SUBSTITUTES:
FC Barcelona: Pinto, Adriano, Maxwell, Mascherano, Keita, Bojan, and Jeffren
Real Madrid: Dudek, M. Diarra, Arbeloa, Albiol, Pedro Leon, Lass, and Higuain

SUBSTITUTIONS:
FC Barcelona: Bojan on for Villa (76′), Keita on for Xavi (87′), Jeffren on for Pedro (87′)
Real Madrid: Lass on for Ozil (46′), Arbeloa on for Marcelo (60′)

CAUTIONS:
FC Barcelona: Valdes (33′), Villa (34′), Messi (45′), Puyol (80′), Xavi (93′)
Real Madrid: C. Ronaldo (33′), Pepe (36′), X. Alonso (51′), Carvalho (71′), Ramos (73′), Khedira (75′), Ramos (RED, 92′)

Barcelona 67% Time of Possession 33% Real Madrid
(I thought it would be more than that)

1974: Real Madrid 0-5 Barcelona
1994: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
1996: Real Madrid 5-0 Barcelona

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rnf-zlGDbAY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rnf-zlGDbAY</a>

Més que un club.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 30, 2010, 10:43:44 AM »
Jose must go !! As league leader you get embarassed in such a manner ...and you " dont feel humiliated " ? Tell that to the club President ! This is Real Madrid  ....the club that fired a coach after he won the league title but lost to Barcelona.

Like Jose too busy in front the mirror to realize that where Barca and Real Madrid are concerned bragging rights count the most. I was loking at the smirking Barca President next to a grave looking Real Madrid President ... jose could well see the door if he is not careful.

I said it before Barca with Messi is unstoppable. It is like a ferrari in a car race and a ferrari driven by Schumacher in a car race !

Now all dem peeps who looking for solace in Jose's  words ...wake up !! this was the biggest club game in world football ..you live for this game as a player, fan, sponsor, Tv station....it does not get any bigger than this.

....with the world watching you get caught with your pants down  and you not humiliated ?

No way jose !

Who at this time with this side can get better results than Jose? Plus you already claimed that Messi and Barca are unstoppable; so what is firing Jose going to change?

No team in la liga looked so hopeless against Barcelona ....Real madrid did not just lose ...they were humiliated... when last have you seen  men backheeling a backheel and playing wall passes facing the wrong way ? ! it was  total embarassment and the players seemed powerless to stop it. It was like rubbing salt in the faces of all Real madrid fans all over the world ..
The statement of the coach was very unfortunate in such circumstances . It was as if it was " no big ting " My point was ..it was and is !

Every former Real madrid player would have been embarassed by this  defeat .....Di Stephano, Zidane, Valdano, Raul et al ..and then there are the fans ...You could well imagine how some of them must be facing going to work today . This was a red letter day for madrid fans worldwide...You want to know why Jose has to thread carefully ? ..because none of them want to see this happen again . This eh T&T society you know where some women go call een blocking all de lines when your team disappoints to say ..we love you kerry boy...we still love you Latas boy !( I hope you old enough to get this and therefore lived through the experience) Of course they had little regard for football and national pride and for all the food vendors who remained with their boil corn, crab and dumplin, pelao and mauby unsold.

Read the comment of Pep guadiola after the Barca Vs Villareal game of two weeks ago ...dey eh treat we so ...no team eh making no 20 passes to de  front, back and side ah we ..No team in world football !...and Villareal is ah small side ...point ah making again is dat is Real Madrid we talking bout ...and no coach is too big to be fired not after that performance ....dais all

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:24 AM »
Jose must go !! As league leader you get embarassed in such a manner ...and you " dont feel humiliated " ? Tell that to the club President ! This is Real Madrid  ....the club that fired a coach after he won the league title but lost to Barcelona.

Like Jose too busy in front the mirror to realize that where Barca and Real Madrid are concerned bragging rights count the most. I was loking at the smirking Barca President next to a grave looking Real Madrid President ... jose could well see the door if he is not careful.

I said it before Barca with Messi is unstoppable. It is like a ferrari in a car race and a ferrari driven by Schumacher in a car race !

Now all dem peeps who looking for solace in Jose's  words ...wake up !! this was the biggest club game in world football ..you live for this game as a player, fan, sponsor, Tv station....it does not get any bigger than this.

....with the world watching you get caught with your pants down  and you not humiliated ?

No way jose !

Who at this time with this side can get better results than Jose? Plus you already claimed that Messi and Barca are unstoppable; so what is firing Jose going to change?

No team in la liga looked so hopeless against Barcelona ....Real madrid did not just lose ...they were humiliated... when last have you seen  men backheeling a backheel and playing wall passes facing the wrong way ? ! it was  total embarassment and the players seemed powerless to stop it. It was like rubbing salt in the faces of all Real madrid fans all over the world ..
The statement of the coach was very unfortunate in such circumstances . It was as if it was " no big ting " My point was ..it was and is !

Every former Real madrid player would have been embarassed by this  defeat .....Di Stephano, Zidane, Valdano, Raul et al ..and then there are the fans ...You could well imagine how some of them must be facing going to work today . This was a red letter day for madrid fans worldwide...You want to know why Jose has to thread carefully ? ..because none of them want to see this happen again . This eh T&T society you know where some women go call een blocking all de lines when your team disappoints to say ..we love you kerry boy...we still love you Latas boy !( I hope you old enough to get this and therefore lived through the experience) Of course they had little regard for football and national pride and for all the food vendors who remained with their boil corn, crab and dumplin, pelao and mauby unsold.

Read the comment of Pep guadiola after the Barca Vs Villareal game of two weeks ago ...dey eh treat we so ...no team eh making no 20 passes to de  front, back and side ah we ..No team in world football !...and Villareal is ah small side ...point ah making again is dat is Real Madrid we talking bout ...and no coach is too big to be fired not after that performance ....dais all

Yeah but Jai a Barca v Villareal is not a Barca v Real Madrid, how yuh go compare the two in such simplistic terms?

The level of passion Barca coming into the clasico with is 200%, every man jack going full throttle and extra which is why the level of football we saw from them is far and above nothing we saw this season.

Real couldn't match that level. Lets be honest, if Barca played like that against Villareal with the same level of motivation they would probably take 5 too.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 30, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »
dinho... plus de fans baying for blood eh... papayo!

i would self destruct... villareal ent have to face dat. (i ent dissing yuh side eh jai.. i like them)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:52:20 AM by FF »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »
At de end of de day....fuh all de heavenly, galactical football Barca play yesterday, is jes 3 points.

Daz it.

Battle won.  Not just won.....but comprehensively, completely, & utterly so.

But the war still wagin, and it have PLENTY battles to go still before it over

Yuh tink if Madrid win La Liga dem go tell deyself, "boy...ah woulda really rather we did duss dem out at de Nou Camp yuh know"

This was football from the GODS yesterday.  I never see football so in meh life.  Not Spain in 2008.  Not Barca wit Ronaldinho, Maradona, & Cryuff.  Not Real wit Zidane and Ronaldo.  Not Brazil 82.  And DAT is de greatest compliment I could pay Barca.

I always felt that Brazil 82 was the greatest football team I have ever seen.  Until yesterday

And is still only 3 points.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #521 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:21 AM »
FC Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
1-0 : Xavi 10'
2-0 : Pedro 18'
3-0 : Villa 55'
4-0 : Villa 58'
5-0 : Jeffren 90+1'

LINEUPS:
FC Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, and Villa
Real Madrid: Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo, X. Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, C. Ronaldo, Di Maria, and Benzema

SUBSTITUTES:
FC Barcelona: Pinto, Adriano, Maxwell, Mascherano, Keita, Bojan, and Jeffren
Real Madrid: Dudek, M. Diarra, Arbeloa, Albiol, Pedro Leon, Lass, and Higuain

SUBSTITUTIONS:
FC Barcelona: Bojan on for Villa (76′), Keita on for Xavi (87′), Jeffren on for Pedro (87′)
Real Madrid: Lass on for Ozil (46′), Arbeloa on for Marcelo (60′)

CAUTIONS:
FC Barcelona: Valdes (33′), Villa (34′), Messi (45′), Puyol (80′), Xavi (93′)
Real Madrid: C. Ronaldo (33′), Pepe (36′), X. Alonso (51′), Carvalho (71′), Ramos (73′), Khedira (75′), Ramos (RED, 92′)

Barcelona 67% Time of Possession 33% Real Madrid
(I thought it would be more than that)

1974: Real Madrid 0-5 Barcelona
1994: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
1996: Real Madrid 5-0 Barcelona

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rnf-zlGDbAY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rnf-zlGDbAY</a>

The pic of Abidal holdin up five fingers in front of Ronaldo is priceless! Wat can he do, but take it!

giggsy11

« Reply #522 on: November 30, 2010, 11:12:16 AM »

No way jose !

But firing Jose or Jose coming out and say what he really feels about the score/match/players will be helpful to whom? Ah sure Jose want to say "I can't believe how poor Benzeima has been or that he wishes he had Messi instead of Ronaldo". But I am sure he also realizes that he has a league to win and thinking about how he can use this defeat to deconstruct the style of certain players so as to put his system in place so they can get the results he usually gets. So if you think he should go, name his replacement that you believe will do a better job at this  in time point.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:17:18 AM by giggsy11 »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »
Mods, all yuh seriously merge this thread with last year own??

Day after day we are bombarded with:
Rooney stumps his toe.
Alex Ferguson is Constipated.
Berbatov in transvestite sex scandal.
Rooney told to jock 3 times a week.
Nani sucking too much n@nny.
and so on and so forth yet a thread about one of the biggest games in the world get merged?

Me eh know nuh!!

Anyhow, Kicker I think you encapsulated it well enough.

The flat back 4 was the major undoing of Real. With no set striker to mark it was a waste of time. Villa was coming in from the left and Pedro from the right and Messi was coming in from deep the Real back 4 was bound to get pick apart. Pepe and Carvalho are no speed demons and with Marcelo and Ramos trying to get forward at times it was destined for lash.

Messi showed why he is the world's greatest yesterday. From jumpsteet he would've known that he would be heavily marked and instead of trying to do everything for himself he provided for others and brought them into the game. And boy did he provide!! The pass to Villa for his 2nd goal was sublime, he took on the whole defensive midfield and then split the defense with a killer pass fading out at least 6 Real players in the process.

Xavi and Iniesta were there usual telepathic self and they reminded me of why they won against ManU in the CL Finals. It is not that the keep the ball so well, it is the few times that they loose the ball they get back and smother the Real players so much till they get it back. It must be really frustrating to watch a side string together 20-something passes and all yuh could do is chook-a-foot in vain.

Which brings me to Ramos. His behaviour was inexcusable and appalling to say the least. Kick down one player and slap 2 Barca players, who, are his countrymen, and with them he won the WC.

If I was Xavi, Puyol et al, I would not pass him the salt, the ball or anything else the next time Spain comes together.   

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Nah yuh can't begrudge Ramos.  The man just get raped in front of 100000 fans.  That is pain few ppl have ever felt.  His Spanish teammates will forgive him soon enough.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
Nah yuh can't begrudge Ramos.  The man just get raped in front of 100000 fans.  That is pain few ppl have ever felt.  His Spanish teammates will forgive him soon enough.

Yeah it have men (no names calling) does cuss out and almost fight with they very own team-mates every week for less... and still go and lime and drink beers normal after... dem fellas go be cool

wha bout Ramos pass Hierro for the most red carded player in Real Madrid history and he is only 24. That is wild man

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
RM does not have the personnel necesarry to employ the tactics jose knows can work to beat Barca.  @ Inter he had 6 defensively aware and focused players in his starting XI.  He also had the commitment of players like Eto Sneider et al to help on defense.  There is no possible way that he could have employed the same tactic with this team and won.  If you compare position for position Inter in playing the style they did to achieve success against Barca is miles ahead.  Apart from that @ Inter he didn't have to put up with Villa's pace to attach himself to through balls.  Ramos is a waste to me, Marcello was out of his depth.  Benzi did nothing, Di Maria was a bundle of nerves, Ozil was ineffective.  Ronaldo?  Was he even on the pitch.  While I thoroughly enjoyed the Barca display I was grossly disappointed in RM.  Hats off to Barca though because the passing was simply phenominal.  Them fellas ha no conscience to make some ah dem passes they did in the spaces they put them.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

To "gey way" with the opposing teammates is one ting. But to ring Puyol pan and bark Xavi a slap is another ting. Me eh feel dem taking dat jus so. Would you? Cuss meh bout meh mudda c#$t, kick down the water cooler I could take all dat. But ah burners as yuh walking off and yuh ring meh captain pan before dat? NAH!

Més que un club.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »
dinho... plus de fans baying for blood eh... papayo!

i would self destruct... villareal ent have to face dat. (i ent dissing yuh side eh jai.. i like them)

Then you should know that this is Barcelona's first victory against Villareal in the Camp Nou under Pep and the two previous years encounters ended in draws.and Messi again proved the big game difference ...go and watch the highlights again ..
Yes the fans support is very important and yes the players would be more fired up for a classico but I was very disappointed with the manner in which Real capitulated even resorting to violence ...you see de tackle Lassana put on Messi from behind ?..and de game was almost over...
Pepe it de man a right and a left and he was still running past him .....with the ball at is feet !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
Hats off to Barca though because the passing was simply phenominal.  Them fellas ha no conscience to make some ah dem passes they did in the spaces they put them.

You realize that the Real players put INTENSE pressure on the Barca players when receiving the ball right?  Watch de game good.  Everytime a Barca player go to colleck de ball it had men hustlin and kickin.  AND STILL dey was in total control as you observed.

No sah.....this wasn't because of any lack of personnel on Real side to employ de tactics Jose used previously.  This was mortals (REAL MADRID) playing against the extraterrestrial yesterday.  The technique on display from the Barca players almost to a man yesterday was out of this world.

BTW....I think Pepe have to be the fastest player in football today.

Dat man have toes sah!  Wheeeeyyyyysss.  And he did make a tackle on Messi yesterday when Messi did break away in de first half......crumple him legally yes and gone wit de ball.  Impressive player.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »

To "gey way" with the opposing teammates is one ting. But to ring Puyol pan and bark Xavi a slap is another ting. Me eh feel dem taking dat jus so. Would you? Cuss meh bout meh mudda c#$t, kick down the water cooler I could take all dat. But ah burners as yuh walking off and yuh ring meh captain pan before dat? NAH!
It wasn't no slap, both of them get pushed in the face.
And look:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=847478&sec=europe&cc=5901
Puyol plays down Ramos spat

Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has played down the incident at the end of El Clasico that saw Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos confront him and Xavi following his late sending off

Ramos was shown a straight red card after scything down Lionel Messi in the 90th minute of Madrid`s 5-0 defeat at the Camp Nou and, in the ensuing fracas between the rival teams, Ramos put his hands into the faces of Barca duo Puyol and Xavi as they remonstrated with him.

However, Puyol, who was pushed to the floor by his fellow Spain international, made light of the incident, saying in AS: "These things happen in a game of football. I've gone to defend a team-mate of mine because it seemed a very tough tackle.

"They are moments of high tension, but what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. I have a very good relationship with Sergio Ramos and it's already forgotten. I have more important things to think about."

Puyol added: "There are always different piques with the players from Madrid because they are our biggest rivals, but it's a pique on the field of play. We have many friends in the other camp."

Regarding the match, which saw Barca move two points above previously-unbeaten Madrid at the top of the table with their fifth successive Clasico win, Puyol said: "I didn't expect a thrashing like that but, when you least expect it, it can happen. Now we need to enjoy this victory.

"We had a very complete game and played very well. We started very aggressively, playing our football and everything went perfectly."

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »

Ramos loss he head, but I think them fellas get over that already.  The level of passion flowing through them men veins is a ting we will never understand, but as professionals they (most of them) know how to leave that on the field....  I wouldn't be surprised if Puyol, Ramos and Xavi done joke 'bout that and overs the scene...

Wha bout yuh boy Pep and all hold a push fuh he gamesmanship lol....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:50:59 AM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »

No way jose !

But firing Jose or Jose coming out and say what he really feels about the score/match/players will be helpful to whom? Ah sure Jose want to say "I can't believe how poor Benzeima has been or that he wishes he had Messi instead of Ronaldo". But I am sure he also realizes that he has a league to win and thinking about how he can use this defeat to deconstruct the style of certain players so as to put his system in place so they can get the results he usually gets. So if you think he should go, name his replacement that you believe will do a better job at this  in time point.

They will miss Pellegrini for one ...even with his hands tied he did a good job ...they pick a side and give him and did not allow him to drop certain players ...they changed that and gave Jose full control ...who they go put ? I said already they sacked the world cup winning coach after he won the league ...it matters not who coming ..is Real Madrid ! is who going ! If they feel you cant get the job done you could get a vote of confidence today and a pink slip tomorrow ... when they sacked pellegrini they had no replacement ...Del bosqe was the assistant who was asked to stay on ...he won and then lost ! they have their special way of managing the club ....and the special one had better respond in a manner to convince them that he is able to give them victory ...is over 400 million dollars in players we talking here ... if dat eh good enough ..then it just might be you eh good enough ...they doh care if Real finish runners up with the most points they have accumulated in liga ...that is what Pellegrini did last season and after giving him a confidence vote he was out de door.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
Hats off to Barca though because the passing was simply phenominal.  Them fellas ha no conscience to make some ah dem passes they did in the spaces they put them.

You realize that the Real players put INTENSE pressure on the Barca players when receiving the ball right?  Watch de game good.  Everytime a Barca player go to colleck de ball it had men hustlin and kickin.  AND STILL dey was in total control as you observed.

No sah.....this wasn't because of any lack of personnel on Real side to employ de tactics Jose used previously.  This was mortals (REAL MADRID) playing against the extraterrestrial yesterday.  The technique on display from the Barca players almost to a man yesterday was out of this world.

BTW....I think Pepe have to be the fastest player in football today.

Dat man have toes sah!  Wheeeeyyyyysss.  And he did make a tackle on Messi yesterday when Messi did break away in de first half......crumple him legally yes and gone wit de ball.  Impressive player.

Pepe did what he could and I rate him as a defender.  Cava wasn't bad either but Marce and Ramos was rubbish.  I agree RM was trying hard to close down but when yuh compare Inter defensive approach the players were better prepared and better skilled in some positions defensively.  I agree what we saw was out of this world though so maybe RM defense should get ease up?  Nah frig dat dem was ah waste lol.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »

Ramos loss he head, but I think them fellas get over that already.  The level of passion flowing through them men veins is a ting we will never understand, but as professionals they (most of them) know how to leave that on the field....  I wouldn't be surprised if Puyol, Ramos and Xavi done joke 'bout that and overs the scene...

Nah Ramos outta timing, and this ent the first time..

He does always get skin out in big game and clasico because he is an average defenders. Remember the 6-2 when Messi buse him on the wing?

Is a long time I on Ramos case and passion or no, he shouldn't aggress his international teammates like that. Allyuh see the play when Casillas (capitan) run up and start to bouf men from Barca?

Ramos to me is central to the problem that i have with Real Madrid. When he was bought from Sevilla, he had the world of potential, but when he gets to Real Madrid all of a sudden he is supposed to be some finished product even though he void of the proper development. Now he feel he reach and trying all kinda stupid beat on the wing and not getting back, and he could look good against Almeria but does get shown up against strong opposition. And when he get properly shown up he will lash out because it hitting he ego.

Real is not a team that knows how to recognize and manage the talent at their disposal, it is a revolving door.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
In my Darth Vader voice:

The circle is now complete, the student has become the master.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:39 PM »

They will miss Pellegrini for one ...even with his hands tied he did a good job ...they pick a side and give him and did not allow him to drop certain players ...they changed that and gave Jose full control ...who they go put ? I said already they sacked the world cup winning coach after he won the league ...it matters not who coming ..is Real Madrid ! is who going ! If they feel you cant get the job done you could get a vote of confidence today and a pink slip tomorrow ... when they sacked pellegrini they had no replacement ...Del bosqe was the assistant who was asked to stay on ...he won and then lost ! they have their special way of managing the club ....and the special one had better respond in a manner to convince them that he is able to give them victory ...is over 400 million dollars in players we talking here ... if dat eh good enough ..then it just might be you eh good enough ...they doh care if Real finish runners up with the most points they have accumulated in liga ...that is what Pellegrini did last season and after giving him a confidence vote he was out de door.

Pelligrini deserved another shot.  He did a good job with Madrid and he played Barca closer in both legs than any other coach did since Pep took over at the Nou Camp.  And he didn't sit back and defend Barca either... They played their game and created chances but narrowly came 2nd.

I think Pelligrini lost the job because of the early CL exit. As much as RM hates to lose to Barca, I think his mandate was to win the CL and that is where he failed.  

I was one of the few that I know who was not overly thrilled wth Mourinho's appointment (I respect his quality, but I personally do NOT like what appears to be his footballing philosophy), and in all honesty the jury should still be out on Jose...esp after last night.  

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 30, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »

Pelligrini deserved another shot.  He did a good job with Madrid and he played Barca closer in both legs than any other coach did since Pep took over at the Nou Camp.  And he didn't sit back and defend Barca either... They played their game and created chances but narrowly came 2nd.

I think Pelligrini lost the job because of the early CL exit. As much as RM hates to lose to Barca, I think his mandate was to win the CL and that is where he failed.  

I was one of the few that I know who was not overly thrilled wth Mourinho's appointment (I respect his quality, but I personally do NOT like what appears to be his footballing philosophy), and in all honesty the jury should still be out on Jose...esp after last night.  

Exactly. I must admit though he gets results and that is why he is there ..he certainly does not epitomise the " galactico football " that Real wants to claim as their own . so as I have been trying to say if he does not get results ...like his immediate predecessor ...what's to stop the boss from making the call ?
Three jobs are considered very dangerous ...a chilean miner , a suicide bomber and a coach at Real Madrid  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 30, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
Ah hear Sporting Gijon coach Manolo considering filing ah complaint with La Liga that another team has just gone to the Nou Camp and thrown a game....  :rotfl:

La Liga fans go understand de bacchanal behind this lol

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 30, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
Ah hear Sporting Gijon coach Manolo considering filing ah complaint with La Liga that another team has just gone to the Nou Camp and thrown a game....  :rotfl:

La Liga fans go understand de bacchanal behind this lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>