April 19, 2024, 11:14:26 PM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 123984 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid v Barcelona (27-Apr-2011) Thread.
« Reply #630 on: April 27, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »
Can't believe ah bunch ah Man U men in here complaining about Refs spoiling the game...oh the Irony!  ::)

Big Up!
What you getting at? :devil: Ay yuh going the Man.U vs Sounders pre season game?

Yuh very well know what ah mean  ;D

Ofcourse, as a season ticket holder, it's included in my package  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 27, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »
Can't believe ah bunch ah Man U men in here complaining about Refs spoiling the game...oh the Irony!  ::)

Big Up!

:shameonyou: nah man , Barca over doing it , we doh drop and roll like fire on we cloths so. Neither have refs passing red card shameless so
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

Big Up!
What you getting at? :devil: Ay yuh going the Man.U vs Sounders pre season game?

Big Up!
I need a ticket, where can I get one to buy, and how much they going for?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »
That is what ah say: "Leave the talking for on the field!"  Barca!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

Big Up!

Big Up!
I need a ticket, where can I get one to buy, and how much they going for?

I think they go on sale to the public June 1st. They normally go for around 50 bucks!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
The red card decision could have gone either way according to the referee involved. I don't see Madrid having a great case against it. Studs up on the player's leg ,hmm, a red is not exactly an outrageous call. Scholes get send off against City for that and daiz brutish English football.

We score 2 very good goals and in good position for the final.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
CLASS!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iNtIE2mU1HE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iNtIE2mU1HE</a>

Més que un club.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
The red card decision could have gone either way according to the referee involved. I don't see Madrid having a great case against it. Studs up on the player's leg ,hmm, a red is not exactly an outrageous call. Scholes get send off against City for that and daiz brutish English football.

Pepe's challenge was nothing like Scholes's.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »

Disagree.  Scholes' tackle was a full fledged stamp that made full contact high up on the player.  Pepe went in dangerously, and made minimal contact (You couldn't tell of course by the way Mascherano/Alves? rolled on the ground like a sniper hit him)...

It was dangerous and the ref did what he did - end of story... but I think a yellow caution woulda been fair.  Crouchy and all get a bligh with his high blade in the Bernabeu, and only get a red after his 2nd offense...and even that was harsh in my opinion. 

I think Madrid could feel hard done by that one... It was a game changer
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:54:29 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 27, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
Chivu, van Persie and now Pepe. Just now they will have enough to form a pretty good football team.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
Chivu, van Persie and now Pepe. Just now they will have enough to form a pretty good football team.

lol

Think it was Motta though....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
Might well be. But yuh know how Chivu love a red card! Honest mistake.

lol

Think it was Motta though....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:04:00 AM by dansteel »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 27, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
Might well be. But yuh know how Chivu love a red card!

He and Pepe both....

Funny thing is based on how he was reffin' the first half, I thought he'd be pretty lenient with cards.  He didn't flash them from early... He musta gotten instructions at half time to be a little more liberal with the cards to prevent the game from boiling over (which it already had to be honest)....but I think he took it too far. 

I don't envy the ref though...Other than Celtic- Rangers, this is probably the fiercest rivalry in Europe to be man in the middle...and even so I think most of the Celtic - Rangers violence takes place in off the field  between the fans. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:07:15 PM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 27, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »
Yeah, oh well. It is what it is.

I am very interested to see what Mourinho does in the 2nd leg. I think his "defensive" reputation is a little unfair.

Usually the Celtic-Rangers think is between the fans. I have a friend from Glasgow who says it isn't really an Old Firm game unless somebody gets stabbed. Of course, there were the 3 red cards in the Scottish Cup game last month.

He and Pepe both....

Funny thing is based on how he was reffin' the first half, I thought he'd be pretty lenient with cards.  He didn't flash them from early... He musta gotten instructions at half time to be a little more liberal with the cards to prevent the game from boiling over....but I think he took it too far. 

I don't envy the ref though...Other than Celtic- Rangers, this is probably the fiercest rivalry in Europe to be man in the middle...and even so I think most of the Celtic - Rangers violence takes place in off the field  between the fans.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:32:40 PM by dansteel »

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 27, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »

He and Pepe both....

Funny thing is based on how he was reffin' the first half, I thought he'd be pretty lenient with cards.  He didn't flash them from early... He musta gotten instructions at half time to be a little more liberal with the cards to prevent the game from boiling over (which it already had to be honest)....but I think he took it too far. 

Yeh a straight red for that seemed out of sync with the officiating from the first half.
Also when he first blew I didn't sense any urgency like he was going to be harsh with his punishment, then after the Barca players rush him, it seemed like he changed his mind.
Barca's crybaby attitude was ugly.
Alves, Busquets and Pedro were really taking it too far.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »

He and Pepe both....

Yeh a straight red for that seemed out of sync with the officiating from the first half.
Also when he first blew I didn't sense any urgency like he was going to be harsh with his punishment, then after the Barca players rush him, it seemed like he changed his mind.
Barca's crybaby attitude was ugly.
Alves, Busquets and Pedro were really taking it too far.

I damn shame of dem 3 conduct. De motto is more dan a club....like is also an acting school.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I damn shame of dem 3 conduct. De motto is more dan a club....like is also an acting school.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
Jose left fuming by defeat
Angry Real boss demands answers from officials

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho was left fuming after his side went down 2-0 to Barcelona in an ugly UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg.

The home side were reduced to 10 men in the 61st minute when Pepe was dismissed for a late challenge on Dani Alves, with replays suggesting the decision was harsh.

Mourinho was also sent to the stands for showing his displeasure to referee Wolfgang Stark and was left baffled by the decisions of the match official.

There were far too many acts of petulance and play-acting from both sides during the contest at Santiago Bernabeu, with Lionel Messi's two goals - the second of which was utterly sublime - deciding the contest.

But Mourinho simply wanted answers over Pepe's red card, which rules him out of the second leg at Camp Nou, while Sergio Ramos will also miss out after being booked for a foul on Messi.

Why
"Another miracle with 10 men wasn't possible," said an angry Mourinho, whose side were overwhelmed 5-0 on their previous visit to the Camp Nou this season

"Yes, I think we are eliminated. We will go to Camp Nou with everything and to get a result but I can't see it.

"We will be without Pepe and (Sergio) Ramos who didn't do anything and neither did I.

"I just want to know why? Why did Pepe get sent off? I just want someone to explain. Why did it happen?
"If I say what I think my career ends today.

"Sometimes I am a little bit disgusted to live in this world, but this is the world we live in.

"If we go there (Nou Camp) and score a goal, they will kill us again. We have no chance. They have to get to the final and that's that."
Scandals
"Congratulations to a fantastic football team," Mourinho added in bizarre post-match press conference.

."But congratulations for all they have as well, it must be difficult to get to get all this power. Where does this power come from?Mourinho highlighted Barca's semi-final victory over his former club Chelsea in 2009, the Inter Milan semi-final from last season and now "the scandal of the Bernabeu," suggesting unfair red cards were issued to teams playing the Catalan side.

"This thing happens in each semi-final," he said. "I am here just to ask this question and I hope to get the answer one day.

"I respect him (Barca coach Pep Guardiola) a great deal as a coach and a person... but I would like to see him win a Champions League without scandals."

.http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_6900988,00.html

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
Even Jose can see it , at least he not afraid to say it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 27, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »
Steupssss....where was the outcry when Van Persie got a second yellow for absolutely nothing!!!!! Compare that to Pepe's and Ramos' and then tell us if it was not deserved.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:08 PM »
Steupssss....where was the outcry when Van Persie got a second yellow for absolutely nothing!!!!! Compare that to Pepe's and Ramos' and then tell us if it was not deserved.

Big Up!
sowa..come come we talking bout real side here keep HAHASENAL OUTTA THIS..LOL :P
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 27, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »

Big Up!

Mourinho alluded to that in his rant as well..

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 27, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »

Big Up!
sowa..come come we talking bout real side here keep HAHASENAL OUTTA THIS..LOL :P

Well yes...you come out from hiding just to say that?  :devil: And the only thing real about that Madrid team is in the name  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 27, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »

Disagree.  Scholes' tackle was a full fledged stamp that made full contact high up on the player.  Pepe went in dangerously, and made minimal contact (You couldn't tell of course by the way Mascherano/Alves? rolled on the ground like a sniper hit him)...

It was dangerous and the ref did what he did - end of story... but I think a yellow caution woulda been fair.  Crouchy and all get a bligh with his high blade in the Bernabeu, and only get a red after his 2nd offense...and even that was harsh in my opinion. 

I think Madrid could feel hard done by that one... It was a game changer

Yellow card at best, no violence or intent involved. Especially as the ref was allowing so many crazy tackle to "slide". It was not the first over the top of the ball tackle, and many were coming from Barca, however, Alves made a meal of it and the ref bought it. I like Barca a lot, but the crowding the ref thing was a bit to much, the play acting was also over the top.

Messi second goal was good, don't know about brilliant. Some poor defending and questionable GKing on that one.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 27, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
its sad how Peeps could comment on the cars passing around the savannah during a Beyonce performance !! Come on folks ...the real bacon is that barcelona with Leo messi is giving slice bread a good run ! How we manage to comment on all the sideshows and miss the main event is really amazing ...

Come on folks admit it ...barcelona plays football like no other team . They dictate the game regardless of the opposition. Even in defeat they have more possession ..... Barcelona has changed football as we knew it ...even Stoke City is trying to pass the ball now !!
lets hope that we see  the soca warriors doing the same thing ..

Folks know I am a yellow submarine fan in Spanish football  but Barcelona at the moment is killing every team in world football.
Now I will say again ..without Messi some may have a chance ...but once he is up for it ...we are all dead as supporters of other teams.
Give Barsa their pips ...they are a joy to watch ...win lose or draw ....I can hardly sit through some of the other spanish team games and but for a few, I have given up on the english ones ....but with Barsa you want to see what next.

They will soon be the Mohammed Ali of football with a following in support and a following wanting to be there when they do lose .
Just enjoy it folks while it lasts ..even Mohammed Ali could not go on forever.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
Anyone notice that whenever Ronaldo does something Messi comes and does it better ? those guys  really push each other ..kinda like magic and Bird . it aint over yet Ronaldo will have to come out blazing next time and Messi will know he has to match up ...
I go have to reach TGI Friday earlier next time ...

giggsy11

« Reply #656 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »
its sad how Peeps could comment on the cars passing around the savannah during a Beyonce performance !! Come on folks ...the real bacon is that barcelona with Leo messi is giving slice bread a good run ! How we manage to comment on all the sideshows and miss the main event is really amazing ...

Come on folks admit it ...barcelona plays football like no other team . They dictate the game regardless of the opposition. Even in defeat they have more possession ..... Barcelona has changed football as we knew it ...even Stoke City is trying to pass the ball now !!

Folks know I am a yellow submarine fan in Spanish football  but Barcelona at the moment is killing every team in world football.
Now I will say again ..without Messi some may have a chance ...but once he is up for it ...we are all dead as supporters of other teams.
Give Barsa their pips ...they are a joy to watch ...win lose or draw ....I can hardly sit through some of the other spanish team games and but for a few, I have given up on the english ones ....but with Barsa you want to see what next.

They will soon be the Mohammed Ali of football with a following in support and a following wanting to be there when they do lose .

Dude pleeze! I think Barca has turned off a few fans and not gained many with their continuous playing acting in an effort to get a player carded or sent off, as well as acting like they should not be tackled by the opponent.  Oh yeah they didn't invent football or perfected it; Jesus does not weep when they play!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 27, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
people give up 2 hrs to see a display of the beautiful game. If I wanted to see a bunch of biatches dive and roll I would have gone to the Strip Club on Jello Nite... Again Barca is Favored by these UEFA ref's... plain and simple.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »

Dude pleeze! I think Barca has turned off a few fans and not gained many with their continuous playing acting in an effort to get a player carded or sent off, as well as acting like they should not be tackled by the opponent.  Oh yeah they didn't invent football or perfected it; Jesus does not weep when they play!

The diving was evident by both teams...so why just pick on the Barca players...plus you could see that they were the only team pushing to play the game and look for a goal, even before the red card.

I hate to see the play acting and that should stop, but doh say it was only the barca players were doing it!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
Barca RUN things. Hand down. They have the best player in the world in MESSI. Not a player on this planet is anywhere close to this man's talent. NONE!!!!!!!!!!! He will kill YOU. He either dominates, of he may be out the game, marked out, and then suddenly, he would poison you. 52 goals in one season is SICK! He is difficult to stop. Ref decisions or not, no team plays the game like Barca. No team passes the ball and moves it like they do. NONE

Barca, right now, is the BLUEPRINT in football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>