March 29, 2024, 05:47:50 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160706 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »
lol the truth is the problem with Balo is that people simply doh like him!!!
When people doh like yuh ... yuh cyah give them ammo else they will kill yuh that is the way of the world.
My beef with him is if he f**king up then he have to do well on the field to halfway justify the trouble he have off the field.
People looking at him as a joke and they don't respect him and I wonder if he realise that?
In this day and age with the racism factor still in a factor in england he have to do himself justice because despite the f**kups when he score the same hyprocrites will praise him.

We could even spin this another way... I thought the lil backheel shit look good lol of course he was on the wrong side of the goal ... let's suppose this was a final vs barca and he end up scoring that goal to win it..... would he face criticism?
Would Mancini take him off?
This whole thing is bullshit just another opportunity for people to take another chunk out of him .. disrespectful to galaxy lol ... please f**k galaxy!!!! After they let Ronaldo mash them up with that goal ...... dem have to earn the right for a player to not view dem as goats!!!
De boy still chupidy tho but get off he damm back!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:23:25 PM by Ngozi »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »
lol the truth is the problem with Balo is that people simply doh like him!!!
When people doh like yuh ... yuh cyah give them ammo else they will kill yuh that is the way of the world.
My beef with him is if he f**king up then he have to do well on the field to halfway justify the trouble he have off the field.
People looking at him as a joke and they don't respect him and I wonder if he realise that?
In this day and age with the racism factor still in a factor in england he have to do himself justice because despite the f**kups when he score the same hyprocrites will praise him.

We could even spin this another way... I thought the lil backheel shit look good lol of course he was on the wrong side of the goal ... let's suppose this was a final vs barca and he end up scoring that goal to win it..... would he face criticism?
Would Mancini take him off?
This whole thing is bullshit just another opportunity for people to take another chunk out of him .. disrespectful to galaxy lol ... please f**k galaxy!!!! After they let Ronaldo mash them up with that goal ...... dem have to earn the right for a player to not view dem as goats!!!
De boy still chupidy tho but get off he damm back!

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »
It's funny, I am even hearing that they thought the Penalty he scored was disrespectful, because he had a slow run up and hesitated a lil...he did not even stop like CR7 does and no one ever complains. This is the point I am getting at. If it's Mario, it's bad and alyuh following the media hype.

Tell me or name anything that Mario did that any other footballer never did or attempted. He is only 20 and trying to express himself the only way he knows how. As I said, this is no big deal, but it's a media hype.

Oh, and what does you guys think about the Joe Hart celebration when he saved and scored the penalty?

Big Up!

Nah, you talking real shit now.  "media hype" is not what causing man to get on his case.  You acting as though the ONLY reason we on him is because of how the commentators in that game (or other reporters) reacting to it... I know you smarter than to really believe that?  At least give some of us credit for independently finding his actions objectionable.

I have no issue with Hart 'celebrating' because he stop a penalty... that's just throwing shit into the conversation.  You might as well be arguing that players shouldn't celebrate after scoring a goal... completely separate from what we're talking about here.  And speaking of which... Hart have a right to celebrate, as would any other player.  You can't seriously be trying to make comparisons between celebrating after doing something... and skylarking like Balotelli did.

Bakes, that statement about media hype and people running aith it was not just about "we" here on this site, but if you look every where there is talk about this. Since when something like this wold make main stream news? Seriously a back heel attempt gone wrong is the talk of the town, by ESPN, FSC, Commentators posting on Twitter and FB...all that for a back heel?

Where was the big media frenzy when Rooney deliberately elbowed another player in game play and never even get called for a foul? I don't even think the league reviewed and did anything about it. Mario kicked out to someone who instigated action on him, that made big news and he was red carded I think. Another game he scored a hattrick, did not even celebrate and people was still criticizing him for that.

Now are you telling me if he had scored that backheel, then it would have been ok, but since he miss it was idiotic? give me a break. Anyways, people done make they mind up and Balotelli would never get the benifit of the doubt, so let him be. He can never win with this public. They are saying, Messi et al can do this and get away with it because of their reputation..what a big joke..dais like saying a priest could kill a man and get away because he blessed and saved 100 lives before that.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

How soon people forget bout dis.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCxe4r6SjH0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yCxe4r6SjH0</a>

And dat was in an International friendly to boot eh.  Same fete match stylin...but between 2 countries.  Ah guess England shoulda feel disrespected and deport him.

But because is Balo......ah well.

Higuita had already seen the offside flag go up before he did that.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
Mario thought he was offside? You know what thought make ah man do?

As my club coach used to say growing up, you coulda never tell that man you thought something when it went wrong.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
 :D

Mario Balotelli: Was Roberto Mancini right to substitute him?

The striker's backheel came in a friendly against LA Galaxy, not an important match. So was the reaction over the top?

For his next trick, Mario Balotelli should round the goalkeeper, run the ball up to the goalline, kneel down and then nod it into the empty net. It would be worth it just to witness the response from Roberto Mancini, who was so enraged by Balotelli's rather ill-advised attempt to score with a backheel during Manchester City's pre-season friendly against LA Galaxy, he instantly replaced him with James Milner.

Edin Dzeko, who was up alongside Balotelli as he tried his harmless trick, threw his arms up in exasperation. On the touchline, Mancini remonstrated with his bench and then told Milner, the ultimate English tryer, to get ready to come on. The crowd whistled, Balotelli's number went up and as he trudged off, he argued with his manager. Once he sat down, he threw a water bottle on to the pitch, before being left to stew on yet another controversy in his short career.

When did football become so very pious and serious? Read Mancini's quotes and insomnia will never be a problem again. "In football you always need to be professional, always serious and in this moment he wasn't professional," said the Italian. Always professional, always serious, just like Mancini was when he scored this backheeled volley for Lazio against Parma. To paraphrase Bart Simpson, whatever happened to you Roberto? You used to be cool.

Of course, if Balotelli had scored – or if he'd done it on the halfway line – no one would be laying into him now. Everyone would be talking about how brilliant he is. The real crime was not that he tried it, but that it was the worst backheel since Djimi Traoré's spectacular own goal for Liverpool against Burnley in 2005. When children play football in the playground, no one sets out in a 4-5-1 formation, looking to grind out a turgid 0-0 draw. No one gets told off for a stepover, even if they mess it up. People watch and play football for these moments, not to see someone joylessly puff up and down the right flank for 90 minutes.

Indulge it, celebrate it, even laugh at it and call Balotelli an idiot. Clearly he is a troubled individual, as 11 yellow cards and two red cards in his debut season in England demonstrate, not to mention a training-ground fight with Jérôme Boateng, throwing at least one dart at youth players from a first-floor window and causing a mass brawl after City beat Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final. Perhaps Mancini is trying to make the 20-year-old grow up fast and is showing zero-tolerance towards him, but it was only a pre-season friendly, not the last minute of the Champions League final.

Last November, Cristiano Ronaldo upset Atlético Madrid when he bounced the ball off his back when they were losing 2-0 to Real Madrid. Some say it's disrespectful to your opponents. Maybe it's time to lighten up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/25/mario-balotelli-backheel-roberto-mancini
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2011, 05:22:32 AM »
It's funny, I am even hearing that they thought the Penalty he scored was disrespectful, because he had a slow run up and hesitated a lil...he did not even stop like CR7 does and no one ever complains. This is the point I am getting at. If it's Mario, it's bad and alyuh following the media hype.

Tell me or name anything that Mario did that any other footballer never did or attempted. He is only 20 and trying to express himself the only way he knows how. As I said, this is no big deal, but it's a media hype.

Oh, and what does you guys think about the Joe Hart celebration when he saved and scored the penalty?

Big Up!

Nah, you talking real shit now.  "media hype" is not what causing man to get on his case.  You acting as though the ONLY reason we on him is because of how the commentators in that game (or other reporters) reacting to it... I know you smarter than to really believe that?  At least give some of us credit for independently finding his actions objectionable.

I have no issue with Hart 'celebrating' because he stop a penalty... that's just throwing shit into the conversation.  You might as well be arguing that players shouldn't celebrate after scoring a goal... completely separate from what we're talking about here.  And speaking of which... Hart have a right to celebrate, as would any other player.  You can't seriously be trying to make comparisons between celebrating after doing something... and skylarking like Balotelli did.

Bakes you talking convienently now. I will use Man United again, they score 7, Rooney had a hatrick and eh do any celebrating because as you say "they promoting they brand". Stueps.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2011, 05:26:36 AM »
Elan, why bring skin colour into this, that is pure rubbish. It was unprofessional! Simple! How you can even compare Nani chip with what
Boli did?

What the hell them US supporters know about disrespect in ah football game? Almost the whole stadium was booing the man. Yuh know why? Because of what the media feed them and who he is. They sidung like ah rattle snake and waiting for anything he do to get in on him.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:28 AM »
I think Balotelli has been guilty of poor decision making on and off the field. Unfortunately he has not produce enough on the field for some of his moments of indiscretion to be overlooked or pass off.

Also City and Balotelli getting a lot of publicity off of this one incident/controversy-now people actually talking about the team due to this controversy. They also in the right country when it comes to lappin up things like this and running with in. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2011, 05:38:44 AM »
There is no way Balotelli thought he was offside. It wasnt even close, and he sprinted past the last defender to get the ball.

He try a ting....same situation as de arab fella wid de penalty last week...except he failed miserably  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had he held his hand up and apologised, or even tried to laugh it off, his teammates and the crowd might have forgiven him (Mancini would probably have still been vex)...but he then made things worse by playin as if thaz what he meant to do :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I doh blame him for trying, football is about entertainment, and this was just a preseason friendly... but this fella is a dunce  :rotfl:

The man do that, right away he put he hand up and everybody start riding the man. Dzeko start first and start getting orn like ah lil sissy cause he open. But dzeko get rid of he competition for position.

giggsy11

« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2011, 05:40:46 AM »

Big Up!

Bakes, that statement about media hype and people running aith it was not just about "we" here on this site, but if you look every where there is talk about this. Since when something like this wold make main stream news? Seriously a back heel attempt gone wrong is the talk of the town, by ESPN, FSC, Commentators posting on Twitter and FB...all that for a back heel?

Where was the big media frenzy when Rooney deliberately elbowed another player in game play and never even get called for a foul? I don't even think the league reviewed and did anything about it. Mario kicked out to someone who instigated action on him, that made big news and he was red carded I think. Another game he scored a hattrick, did not even celebrate and people was still criticizing him for that.

Now are you telling me if he had scored that backheel, then it would have been ok, but since he miss it was idiotic? give me a break. Anyways, people done make they mind up and Balotelli would never get the benifit of the doubt, so let him be. He can never win with this public. They are saying, Messi et al can do this and get away with it because of their reputation..what a big joke..dais like saying a priest could kill a man and get away because he blessed and saved 100 lives before that.

Big Up!

There was a big media frenzy when Rooney got away with the elbow, which eventually led to him getting suspended for cursing into the camera.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2011, 05:43:06 AM »
It shoulda score...then we woulda hear how is the greatest skill ever and it woulda be on play of the day.

I find it was a fight down.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2011, 05:52:37 AM »
Elan, why bring skin colour into this, that is pure rubbish. It was unprofessional! Simple! How you can even compare Nani chip with what
Boli did?

What the hell them US supporters know about disrespect in ah football game? Almost the whole stadium was booing the man. Yuh know why? Because of what the media feed them and who he is. They sidung like ah rattle snake and waiting for anything he do to get in on him.

That is the most asinine argument yuh ever make, and yuh make plenty here eh.  MANY US supporters know enough about football to be displeased.    MAny US supporters are foreign born fans.  MAny of those at that game were Brit ex pats too.  steups

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2011, 06:05:55 AM »
Boli did?

That is the most asinine argument yuh ever make, and yuh make plenty here eh.  MANY US supporters know enough about football to be displeased.    MAny US supporters are foreign born fans.  MAny of those at that game were Brit ex pats too.  steups

What a stupid argument on your behalf about foreign born. Try again. If you know about football that is ah nice move that eh happen. NOt disrespectful.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »
As I see it when Mancini pulled him off, he showed Balotelli up but left Balo with no room to make amends. By calling him to the sideline Mancini could have publicly reprimanded him but left the onus on Balotelli to redeem himself.
Yes Bakes they are trying to sell a product but the US crowd is accustomed to the T.O's and Ochocincos.

Mancini's concern should be that he has at least 40 games that matter and that he needs to have all his strikers focused. Balotelli was playing well, having fun and relaxed and Mancini needed to recognize that and turn it to his advantage. He is dealing with a professional who is a child and he needs to turn that child into man and admonishing that child isn't always the best solution. 

What advantage??!!  ???

Using Balotelli's puerile behavior and making him responsible for it would be an advantage to the coach, not so?

Which he did...
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 26, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
I'm ok with Mancini's rationale as was quoted in the piece posted by Toppa - i.e. serious and professional... Whether you agree with his methods or not, if that's how the manager is running his shop, that's how he's running his shop - punto final.

The whole disrespect angle (discussed in this thread), while there is some overlap between it and professionalism, its focus is being overplayed in my opinion.  Showboating always walks a fine line between individual expression and disrespect, but it's always been part of the game- especially in our culture...we celebrate players with flair- when Ronaldinho used to isolate a defenders by the corner flag, stand up and waits for them to step up, and proceed to rest dong an unnecessarily elaborate piece o' beat on him (spanner, step over, drag...whatever), yuh think that's a sign of sportmanship and respect? ...since when we get so sensitive? 

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:51:07 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 26, 2011, 10:16:20 AM »
Time for City to show Balotelli the door

Mario Balotelli's latest bout of bad behaviour has laid down the gauntlet for Roberto Mancini to prove his worth as a manager and deal with what is becoming a real problem for Manchester City. As far as I am concerned, the best way he can do that is to sell the player and rid his squad of a damaging element. However, they might struggle to find a buyer.

Mancini was right to substitute Balotelli immediately after his ridiculous showboating against LA Galaxy on Sunday and most managers would have done the same. You would expect the player to understand why he had been taken off, hang his head in shame and apologise. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
I'm ok with Mancini's rationale as was quoted in the piece posted by Toppa - i.e. serious and professional... Whether you agree with his methods or not, if that's how the manager is running his shop, that's how he's running his shop - punto final.

The whole disrespect angle (discussed in this thread), while there is some overlap between it and professionalism, its focus is being overplayed in my opinion.  Showboating always walks a fine line between individual expression and disrespect, but it's always been part of the game- especially in our culture...we celebrate players with flair- when Ronaldinho used to isolate a defenders by the corner flag, stand up and waits for them to step up, and proceed to rest dong an unnecessarily elaborate piece o' beat on him (spanner, step over, drag...whatever), yuh think that's a sign of sportmanship and respect? ...since when we get sosensitive? 
I don't think most of us here has an issue with flair, creativity, trying moves etc. in fact that's what makes it the beautiful game. Also part of separating your self from the rest is the ability you use sound judgement. The team is working to score a goal then you reach inside the 6 yard box and pull that? If he made a genuine effort to shot and it went wide or overbars, then that's a different story but it looked like he had the attitude of "this too easy, lemme try someting here" and the attempt failed miserably.
For sake of the arguement what if T&T was playing Antigua in a "friendly" and we're up 1-0 and a player like Stern got the same chance, did the same thing as Bolotelli and missed and the game resulted 1-1. I wonder what we would say on this board?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
^^^^^This is getting ridiculous now! Sell him because he try to do a backheel? ??? It's more sell him because he is Mario Balotelli, no one likes him and he is a spoilt brat who should be grateful some rich Italian rescued him from a life of poverty!  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
I don't think most of us here has an issue with flair, creativity, trying moves etc. in fact that's what makes it the beautiful game. Also part of separating your self from the rest is the ability you use sound judgement. The team is working to score a goal then you reach inside the 6 yard box and pull that? If he made a genuine effort to shot and it went wide or overbars, then that's a different story but it looked like he had the attitude of "this too easy, lemme try someting here" and the attempt failed miserably.
For sake of the arguement what if T&T was playing Antigua in a "friendly" and we're up 1-0 and a player like Stern got the same chance, did the same thing as Bolotelli and missed and the game resulted 1-1. I wonder what we would say on this board?

Homie you preaching to the choir - I not condoning what Balo did - just playing down the disrespect angle...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
This is getting ridiculous now! Sell him because he try to do a backheel?

That article was written by Paul Parker; I wonder if he also has it in for Balo because he's black.
- Xavi

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
Homie you preaching to the choir - I not condoning what Balo did - just playing down the disrespect angle...
[/quote]

Alright I get your drift....to me things like that are more unnecessary than disrespectful. Like I mentioned, I don't mind flair and creativity but you can't try those tricks and miss....egg in your face.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 26, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »
There is no way Balotelli thought he was offside. It wasnt even close, and he sprinted past the last defender to get the ball.

He try a ting....same situation as de arab fella wid de penalty last week...except he failed miserably  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had he held his hand up and apologised, or even tried to laugh it off, his teammates and the crowd might have forgiven him (Mancini would probably have still been vex)...but he then made things worse by playin as if thaz what he meant to do :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I doh blame him for trying, football is about entertainment, and this was just a preseason friendly... but this fella is a dunce  :rotfl:

The man do that, right away he put he hand up and everybody start riding the man. Dzeko start first and start getting orn like ah lil sissy cause he open. But dzeko get rid of he competition for position.

he did not apologise in any way...his first acknowledgement of the incident was a few seconds later when he shrugged as if to say "whats the problem?". This fella is rel kix :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #473 on: July 26, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Judging from the body language he definitely knew the play had been stopped. It look like any number of casual moves you see strikers do with the ball when the play is called back. Just my view.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSLjG0tq7WQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wSLjG0tq7WQ</a>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:50:37 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 26, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »
Judging from the body language he definitely knew the play had been stopped. It look like any number of casual moves you see strikers do with the ball when the play is called back. Just my view.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSLjG0tq7WQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wSLjG0tq7WQ</a>

And MINES too Jah, but according to some men/women here we cyah see it or feel that way, wha yuh go do boy :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 26, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
Bakes you talking convienently now. I will use Man United again, they score 7, Rooney had a hatrick and eh do any celebrating because as you say "they promoting they brand". Stueps.

I haven't the faintest f**king clue what you're talking about... or how it relates to anything I saying here.  You trying to equate ManU playing hard to the end and perhaps taking the game too seriously (by not letting up off the gas) to Balotelli f**king around on the field?

At the end of the day ManU, love them or hate them is a team of professionals and they not in the same boat as City, so they don't need to worry about rep as much as City does... ManU already own the US market in terms of sales and notoriety while City hoping to get a foot in the door.  If this was a ManU player he was getting same lambaste by me.  I can't speak for what anyone else, media or otherwise will do.  If you and DeSoWa upset with the media reaction then maybe allyuh should take allyuh beef to them?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Scandalous without an apology. Individuality hadda be balanced within the context of team dynamics. Football is a team sport. The reaction of his teammate says it all ... Any coach worth his salt should be pissed given all of the circumstances. Bravo Mancini! (wonder how Sir Alex would react if the player were say ... one Dimitar Berbatov?) One bull, one pen.

Normally when yuh observe overelaboration its physical expression is usually the focus ... this, however, is overelaboration in which the mental element is more pronounced. Guess which might be more burdensome to a squad. I suspect we can expect similar moments for some time from this player.

Anyway, the move was executed with ALL the casualness of a small goal sweat ... losers buy beers and endure ole talk ... yet look where he was in his mind ... wrong stage, wrong platform. Moreover, players understand instinctive movement ... they expect instinctive movement of their teammates and players understand the notion of not forcing play ... this was forced to the max, yet quite entertaining from the perspective of a disinterested spectator.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:31:53 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
For those who say he really just made a half-assed attempt, why did he work so hard to get into that position in the first place?  Isn't it strange that he would make that run and then just stroll through the goal attempt?  That makes less sense than him thinking the play was called back.  It's not like players have never been fooled by whistles coming from the crowd.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »

I haven't the faintest f**king clue what you're talking about... or how it relates to anything I saying here.  You trying to equate ManU playing hard to the end and perhaps taking the game too seriously (by not letting up off the gas) to Balotelli f**king around on the field?

At the end of the day ManU, love them or hate them is a team of professionals and they not in the same boat as City, so they don't need to worry about rep as much as City does... ManU already own the US market in terms of sales and notoriety while City hoping to get a foot in the door.  If this was a ManU player he was getting same lambaste by me.  I can't speak for what anyone else, media or otherwise will do.  If you and DeSoWa upset with the media reaction then maybe allyuh should take allyuh beef to them?

Bakes yuh being f@#king convenient as usual. All of a sudden you cannot read and understand, but whatever.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/A-Neymar-golazo-that-might-8217-ve-just-upped-h?urn=sow-wp3724

This guy should have been immediately subbed for this display of skill... effin showboater...

1]; } ?>