April 26, 2024, 05:43:27 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 162122 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #630 on: June 19, 2012, 04:24:16 AM »
Kid look more damaged with a touch of immature alot more than asinine I would say. He look like he need a hug but if yuh could think of how rough that upbringing could have been, then not even a hug would do. I remember how hard creole speakers (predominately Haitians)had it in schools in Brooklyn(and they were among African Americans and other west indians) and breds dey have to fight everyday. Angry? Hell yeh de man Angry. So he damaged, angry, isolated, glorified, marooned, idolized and this doesn't even take into consideration if there was molestation. So yes, I do expect homie to be unorthodox and anything yuh get good at does come like second nature.    In a world without baggage my whole reasoning would be biased. I'll say this, for what I imagine this fella's life to have been like, I think he didn't do too bad.    We have players with less baggage locally that wreck early and Talent 4 days same way. At least Balo have de discipline to train hard and be a top athlete.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along.  Personally, I think italians can be some of the most (ironically) racist Europeans you can come across and from day one, I have wondered aloud what it must have been like for this young man growing up in Italy.  And I only talkin' 'bout the italians living in NYC.  Well said!! 
Bro, all europeans are weary of strangers who don't look like them. you must remember that italy never got involved with the slave trade (not that they didn't wanted too), and the only two colonies they had in africa lasted less than 20 yrs, so black people is something relatively new to modern italians,

but with that being said, there is some redeeming qualities that italians have over all the rest of european (not sure about american italians). when an italian gets to know you, they are wonderful wonderful ppl open and warm, and they make really good friends. and though they could be very racist, MO their racism is not as deep as the other european countries.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:35:33 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #631 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »
Kid look more damaged with a touch of immature alot more than asinine I would say. He look like he need a hug but if yuh could think of how rough that upbringing could have been, then not even a hug would do. I remember how hard creole speakers (predominately Haitians)had it in schools in Brooklyn(and they were among African Americans and other west indians) and breds dey have to fight everyday. Angry? Hell yeh de man Angry. So he damaged, angry, isolated, glorified, marooned, idolized and this doesn't even take into consideration if there was molestation. So yes, I do expect homie to be unorthodox and anything yuh get good at does come like second nature.    In a world without baggage my whole reasoning would be biased. I'll say this, for what I imagine this fella's life to have been like, I think he didn't do too bad.    We have players with less baggage locally that wreck early and Talent 4 days same way. At least Balo have de discipline to train hard and be a top athlete.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along.  Personally, I think italians can be some of the most (ironically) racist Europeans you can come across and from day one, I have wondered aloud what it must have been like for this young man growing up in Italy.  And I only talkin' 'bout the italians living in NYC.  Well said!! 
Bro, all europeans are weary of strangers who don't look like them. you must remember that italy never got involved with the slave trade (not that they didn't wanted too), and the only two colonies they had in africa lasted less than 20 yrs, so black people is something relatively new to modern italians,

but with that being said, there is some redeeming qualities that italians have over all the rest of european (not sure about american italians). when an italian gets to know you, they are wonderful wonderful ppl open and warm, and they make really good friends. and though they could be very racist, MO their racism is not as deep as the other european countries.

Italy is as  bad as they come.  justcool, the reason that "Italy" as a UNIFIED nation took no part in the slave trade was because they were not a country until 1861!!!   

They were made up of Independent states but to say that Italian culture did not exist would be wrong.

Italians funded the slave trade too.  They were however responsible for abolishing slavery in Eritrea and Ethiopia when they invaded there in 1935.  Then Haile Selassie officially abolished slavery in 1942.

To say that Italains never participated in slavery is a huge error.   Italy unified in 1861 did not but Italians surely did!

The market in human slave labor in southern Europe began as early as the 12th century. Initially the Spaniards were the key traffickers in human life, but as the Italian city-states grew, their demand for slaves also grew and they became one of the largest consumers of human slaves....Most slaves sold in Italy were Muslims from Spain, North Africa, Crete, the Balkans, and the Ottoman Empire."

Then for anyone to assume that Italians did not have much exposure to blacks as a reason why they are ot racists..why do they refer to Sicilians as God's white niggers?

People please remember that the Moors ruled the Iberian Peninsula for over 800 years!!!  In fact to this day in Italy the term "Moor" is pejorative and racist.   They also had quite a stronghold in what is modern Southern Italy, to this day Southern Italians are treated as second class citizens in their own country...why?  They too dark, they too poor, they have too much Arab blood?

In my experience..the most racist people I have encountered here in the US happen to be Italians..and Southern Italians at that!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:10:42 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 19, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »

Italy is as  bad as they come.  justcool, the reason that "Italy" as a UNIFIED nation took no part in the slave trade was because they were not a country until 1861!!!   

They were made up of Independent states but to say that Italian culture did not exist would be wrong.

Italians funded the slave trade too.  They were however responsible for abolishing slavery in Eritrea and Ethiopia when they invaded there in 1935.  Then Haile Selassie officially abolished slavery in 1942.

To say that Italains never participated in slavery is a huge error.   Italy unified in 1861 did not but Italians surely did!

The market in human slave labor in southern Europe began as early as the 12th century. Initially the Spaniards were the key traffickers in human life, but as the Italian city-states grew, their demand for slaves also grew and they became one of the largest consumers of human slaves....Most slaves sold in Italy were Muslims from Spain, North Africa, Crete, the Balkans, and the Ottoman Empire."

Then for anyone to assume that Italians did not have much exposure to blacks as a reason why they are ot racists..why do they refer to Sicilians as God's white niggers?

People please remember that the Moors ruled the Iberian Peninsula for over 800 years!!!  In fact to this day in Italy the term "Moor" is pejorative and racist.   They also had quite a stronghold in what is modern Southern Italy, to this day Southern Italians are treated as second class citizens in their own country...why?  They too dark, they too poor, they have too much Arab blood?

In my experience..the most racist people I have encountered here in the US happen to be Italians..and Southern Italians at that!

That's my experience north of the border as well.. gets worse when football time rolls around and they're driving around with their flags etc. Many moons ago I worked for a high end catering company owned by Italians.. got burned one night with piping hot gravy (still have the scar).. I was the supervisor on shift that night, so I went to upper management and said I can't work have to be seen by a dr. Long story short .. I heard (under his breath) "not my concern neega.. i have my guests to worry about" Was making good money there, but that was the last day they saw my face. when they had their huge italian functions (weddings etc), they always introduced me as being Sicilian.. to their fellow Italians.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 19, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
TT yuh preaching to the reverend. i know all about the moors and the slavics, musulini in ethiopia and all that, but ppl always mix up the romans and the ancient empire with modern day italians, hence the reason i used the phrase "modern" italians.

i only used the slavery issue to show how unfamiliar modern italians were with blacks. they barely had one colony and their failure to colonize ethiopia may have also cost them the other (libya). my purpose of writing this was not to exonerate italians or show them up in a better light, hence the reason im put in brackets concerning their lack of involvement in the slave trade (not that they didn't want to), and only to say that they are the most unfamiliar of the western europeans with black africans.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:22:45 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 19, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
me eh know bout how italian on the continent is but i bet plenty ah dem have grapevine african genes from when the romans bring slave over there. not to mention in the south where they deal with north africans.

i see some ah dem who brown, brown. how they get so?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
 Italy's unpredictable Mario Balotelli causes controversy even when he is silenced but coach Cesare Prandelli believes he can become a "champion" if his litany of immaturities are ironed out.
The 21-year-old striker came on as a substitute and hooked in a superb late goal in the 2-0 win over Ireland on Monday which sent Italy into the Euro 2012 quarter-finals.
His low-key celebration was typical of his temperamental style, however, and the way Balotelli reacts after scoring his first goal of the tournament, and only his second in 11 Italy games, could be key to his team's chances of going further.
"What he said (when he scored), he said in English and I didn't understand," defender Leonardo Bonucci, who replaced the injured Giorgio Chiellini, told reporters.
"So I put my hand in front of his mouth just in case, because Mario is instinctive but that is also his strength."

Prandelli told a news conference on Tuesday that he would ask the Manchester City forward if his muffled outburst was aimed at the coach who dropped him in favour of Antonio Di Natale.
"He has to make a leap of quality and he can be a true champion. He has to accept criticism and the bench," Prandelli said.
"The day he realises that no one is trying to hurt him and we all want him to do well, he will make progress," he added.
"I had courage to play him but it was calculated courage. If Balotelli wants to grow up he has to get through these situations."
Finding the net could inspire Balotelli or conspire to make him even less likely to pass to his team mates.
Italy's quarter-final opponents in Kiev on Sunday, France, England or Ukraine, will be hoping he is in one of his destructive rather than destructively brilliant moods.
Prandelli said Balotelli must recognise that he is not playing on his own and has a whole team around him to help, with the group mentality among the Azzurri clearly visible at fulltime against the already eliminated Irish.
They were overjoyed when they heard Vicente del Bosque's Spain had beaten Croatia 1-0 in the other match, where a 2-2 draw would have sent Italy out and had led Italian media to become obsessed with fears of a possible fix which they call a 'biscuit'.
Gazzetta dello Sport said 'Thank you Del Bosque' on its front page and Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon agreed.
"In the last few days I have remained calm because I was convinced Spain, who we owe a big thanks, would behave like a great team," said the goalkeeper, who missed two games in Italy's group-stage exit at the 2010 World Cup as holders.
"We are staying until June 24 which is the minimum objective we set ourselves."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10296266
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
lol They really do seem to like him as someone mentioned earlier - his team-mates.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 19, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
lol They really do seem to like him as someone mentioned earlier - his team-mates.
Is that a hint of sarcasm i detect ?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 19, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »

No, his team-mates seem to like him just fine.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 19, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »
Where is zeppo after that cracking goal? i seems like he only post when balotelli is on the wrong side of the glory.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »

No, his team-mates seem to like him just fine.
OK cool, i just thought you were being facetious.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
Where is zeppo after that cracking goal? i seems like he only post when balotelli is on the wrong side of the glory.

You NOW seein' dat?! He does only come on here to big up the usa's positives and show up everybody else's negatives. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 19, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm not impressed, he scored against a joke side (that I have the misfortune of supporting) who, with that goal, equalled the worst ever record at the Euros with 0 points and -8 goal difference...disgraceful.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm not impressed, he scored against a joke side (that I have the misfortune of supporting) who, with that goal, equalled the worst ever record at the Euros with 0 points and -8 goal difference...disgraceful.

Borse goal!!! ... against any squad. Talk done.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 19, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
meanwhile back at the ranch, reading the coaches comments, and i could be wrong, but he seems to be a. willing to take on the complexity that is balotelli and b. give him the criticism and leeway necessary for growth.

If we think Balos have problems now, wait till, like with Rooney, players learn to exploit his weaknesses. Now he's just kinda left to his own devices but they will start to work on him soon enough.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:24 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

elan, why yuh laughin' so hard?  :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 19, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »
meanwhile back at the ranch, reading the coaches comments, and i could be wrong, but he seems to be a. willing to take on the complexity that is balotelli and b. give him the criticism and leeway necessary for growth.

If we think Balos have problems now, wait till, like with Rooney, players learn to exploit his weaknesses. Now he's just kinda left to his own devices but they will start to work on him soon enough.

You may have a good point and the place where he will be most vulnerable to that would be at mancity where he plays most of course and where both his coach and teammates don't seem to like him as much as his Italian teammates and are much more on the ready to throw him under the bus.  I really think he has some issues that really require professional help.  Just my HO. I hope he gets it.  The only good thing is, he doh have as many weaknesses as rooney to exploit.  :D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 19, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »

You may have a good point and the place where he will be most vulnerable to that would be at mancity where he plays most of course and where both his coach and teammates don't seem to like him as much as his Italian teammates and are much more on the ready to throw him under the bus.  I really think he has some issues that really require professional help.  Just my HO. I hope he gets it.  The only good thing is, he doh have as many weaknesses as rooney to exploit.  :D

Yuh aint see Rooney in de game last night in sign language, suggesting that is the new hairspray and hair-do that had him so "prolific" in front of goal. lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:49:42 PM by davidephraim »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 19, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »

Yuh aint see Rooney in de game last night in sign language, suggesting that is the new hairspray and hair-do that had him so "prolific" in front of goal. lol

Well he running into a team next that know more 'bout hairspray dan hee, so lewwe see how dat go work out!  :D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 19, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »

Well he running into a team next that know more 'bout hairspray dan hee, so lewwe see how dat go work out!  :D

Pressure. Well ah guess it still better than having to face Spain.  :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 19, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

Pressure. Well ah guess it still better than having to face Spain.  :beermug:

Maybe for their confidence going into the game.....but it go get shatterd comin' out from it......ah hope. lol!  :beermug:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2012, 08:24:05 AM »
Loved and attacked, Balotelli divides. But he's not conquering (yet)

Children here in Poland love Mario Balotelli. It must be the Premier League matches they see on television, or the child-like atmosphere, given all the students from elementary and middle school in Krakow present for training at the Municipal Stadium on Wednesday evening, who called his name from start to finish. It was quickly understood, once the Azzurri's flight landed in Krakow from Pisa, fresh from Coverciano: the children of the welcoming delegation at the airport all chanted his name: "Ma-rio, Ma-rio".

Everyone is talking about Balotelli in regard to the national team. Except that Mario is not always so successful in receiving verbal accolades. And journalists aren't the only ones to knock him for his behaviour on and off the pitch. It comes from his team-mates as well, on a regular basis and in thinly veiled tones. The latest jab came from De Rossi at the Azzurri's camp. Then from Thiago Motta and Marchisio. Followed by the lecture from Prandelli.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »

Children here in Poland love Mario Balotelli. It must be the Premier League matches they see on television, or the child-like atmosphere, given all the students from elementary and middle school in Krakow present for training at the Municipal Stadium on Wednesday evening, who called his name from start to finish. It was quickly understood, once the Azzurri's flight landed in Krakow from Pisa, fresh from Coverciano: the children of the welcoming delegation at the airport all chanted his name: "Ma-rio, Ma-rio".

Everyone is talking about Balotelli in regard to the national team. Except that Mario is not always so successful in receiving verbal accolades. And journalists aren't the only ones to knock him for his behaviour on and off the pitch. It comes from his team-mates as well, on a regular basis and in thinly veiled tones. The latest jab came from De Rossi at the Azzurri's camp. Then from Thiago Motta and Marchisio. Followed by the lecture from Prandelli.

(continue)

Shit article, shit post.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »

(continue)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 21, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
^^^ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My boy jus chillin...who knows maybe his back was hurting

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
ESPNSoccernet put that pic up, no one talk about Andrews behaivor yet.

People seems to have forgotten that he was doubtful for the last game because of an injury. Stueps
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 21, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »

People seems to have forgotten that he was doubtful for the last game because of an injury. Stueps

Agreed, a pic doesn't always do justice and who knows, he may have been instructed not perform the exercise due to injury. I just thought it was funny esp how he's under the microscope in everything he does.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 21, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »

Agreed, a pic doesn't always do justice and who knows, he may have been instructed not perform the exercise due to injury. I just thought it was funny esp how he's under the microscope in everything he does.

Once he perform.....it eh go be no problem. De the most likely person to stop him from being one of the best ever is Mario.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »

(continue)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I f#&king love this!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>