April 18, 2024, 10:32:01 PM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 161591 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »
man hear what ....f**k Balotelli yes ...I want to save Tulla Guerra
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 23, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
man hear what ....f**k Balotelli yes ...I want to save Tulla Guerra

You and what army?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 24, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »
Balo might have less issues. Tulla worth saving though. What a gem of a footballer!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Meanwhile at the Gazetta dello Sport, Italy's most renowned sports publication, this cartoon is published ahead of the Italy match:

:frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
racist cartoon.

love him or hate him, balotelli was the man of the match yesterday. if lescott and hart didn't know him good he woulda blaze hengland.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
 :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »
... which has led to this placed on youtube less than an hour ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIxZkxNLvU

The comments  it stimulates should be interesting to read.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2012, 08:39:33 AM »
racist cartoon.

love him or hate him, balotelli was the man of the match yesterday. if lescott and hart didn't know him good he woulda blaze hengland.

... he hadda get in line to be man of the match.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »
racist cartoon.

Is a short line, the only man in fronta him was Pirlo.......but with that performance yesterday, Pirlo was holding down about 10 spots in dat line!

as far as that cartoon is concerned, I am just a little surprised that anybody would really expect any differnt from Italian people/media/whatever yuh want to call it.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2012, 09:51:25 AM »
let it be known that gazetta isnt a respected paper in italy...widely known yes but...it is popular for the wrong reasons...those 'journalists' just spew what they want when they want just to sell their shit tabloid..

dailies with an iota of respectability is corriere dello sport, la stampa, la republica

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
racist cartoon.

Is a short line, the only man in fronta him was Pirlo.......but with that performance yesterday, Pirlo was holding down about 10 spots in dat line!

as far as that cartoon is concerned, I am just a little surprised that anybody would really expect any differnt from Italian people/media/whatever yuh want to call it.
Not italy alone, the whole ah fackin europe, dem ppl real uncivilized boss, so what's new?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »
let it be known that gazetta isnt a respected paper in italy...widely known yes but...it is popular for the wrong reasons...those 'journalists' just spew what they want when they want just to sell their shit tabloid..

dailies with an iota of respectability is corriere dello sport, la stampa, la republica
Sounds like you live in italy, where bouts?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
racist cartoon.

Not italy alone, the whole ah fackin europe, dem ppl real uncivilized boss, so what's new?

I guess yuh hadda take back all dah credit yuh was givin' dem italians the other day eh? 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »

bredda, i supportin juve and by extension italy since 96...i dont take any other ball more seriously than italian ball..ive gotten to know the runnings of things especially on the football side across there..

and trust me, gazetta is a shit paper and italians dont view it with any significance...more of a 'there goes gazetta again and their shit again..."..its surprising that its not part of berlusconi's empire...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
racist cartoon.

I guess yuh hadda take back all dah credit yuh was givin' dem italians the other day eh? 
Horse, when i talk i doesn't be on individuals yuh know, i does be talking bout ah whole culture, this is why folks regularly miss my point when i address racially oriented issues, most think i on racism, but what i really try to do is highlight facts about a culture.

for yrs i ran with white ppl bro, and i owe dem ppl ah huge debt of gratitude! almost every thing i have was as a direct due to the white ppl who was in my life. most my yutes is half white, and my fuss wife was itallian american, and all these racially disturbing issue was first hinted to me by the women in my life.

yes , they told me how their ppl were, and to be very careful when i'm around them. i was ah lil black boy from the islands who didn't know sh!t!! i was open as fack, and those women enlighten me on how the white culture works.

i worked for italian americans, and native born and bred italians, and yes i was aware of their racism, but i'll tell you one thing, those ppl aren't as staunch as other europeans as far as racism is concerned, IMO they are superficial racist. the american italian is far more racist than the native ones, and even them lighten up as time progresses.

i guess that's what i meant to say the other day bro.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40:59 PM »

bredda, i supportin juve and by extension italy since 96...i dont take any other ball more seriously than italian ball..ive gotten to know the runnings of things especially on the football side across there..

and trust me, gazetta is a shit paper and italians dont view it with any significance...more of a 'there goes gazetta again and their shit again..."..its surprising that its not part of berlusconi's empire...
Nah horse yuh have me wrong, i not being critical, i just making an observation. i honestly thought yuh was living in italy, passed through the north ah few decades ago and loved it, hence the reason i asked.      :beermug:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »
Euro 2012: Gazzetta's King Kong cartoon enrages Mario Balotelli camp

• Gazzetta dello Sport admits it should have shown better taste
• Bastian Schweinsteiger fit to start semi-final for Germany

Italy's preparations for their semi-final against Germany have been sidetracked by a race row after Gazzetta dello Sport published a cartoon depicting Mario Balotelli as King Kong.

The cartoon shows the Italy striker on the top of Big Ben, swatting away footballs, and has prompted so many complaints since publication that the newspaper has now offered a contrite admission that it ought to have shown greater "moderation, caution and good taste".

There was no apology, however, and the Balotelli camp are deeply unhappy by what has been described behind the scenes as a "horrible" piece of work, particularly given the history of racist abuse the Manchester City player has suffered and the flashpoints that have occurred at Euro 2012.

Spain and Croatia supporters have been accused of targeting him with monkey chants during their group games, and a banana was thrown on to the pitch during the Croatia match.

The cartoonist, Valerio Marini, was trying to project the image of Balotelli dominating England during the quarter‑final in Kiev on Sunday, when Roy Hodgson's team lost on penalties. Gazzetta, Italy's largest-selling sport newspaper, has accepted, however, that the cartoon "maybe wasn't the cartoonist's best work".

"In these times we need to show greater moderation, caution and good taste but we have always fought against racism, and condemned booing against Balotelli as unacceptable."

Kick It Out, the anti-racism campaign group, has expressed sympathy for the City forward and questioned Gazzetta's judgment. "Mario's such an important person in Italian football," a spokesman said.

"Aspiring players in Italy who want to follow in his footsteps could wonder what support they will have when they get to his level when they see cartoons like that. It is not the first time we have seen this sort of depiction of Mario and we think the media have a responsibility. How do they think they can portray him like that?''

Balotelli had said at the start of the tournament that if he heard himself being racially abused he would consider walking off the pitch. His representatives were dismayed by the response of the Uefa president, Michel Platini, who said that would mean him being shown a yellow card.

The Italians, will face a fully fit Bastian Schweinsteiger on Thursday night after the German coach, Joachim Löw, revealed the midfielder is ready to start the semi-final. Schweinsteiger has been struggling with an ankle problem and Löw admitted he was poor in the 4-2 quarter-final win over Greece. But the Bayern Munich player was able to play a full part in training and is set to retain his place.

"Schweinsteiger had problems, but it's not as if these were hindering him," Löw said. "Against Greece he was poor, but he realises that himself. Against Italy that won't happen. There are only 100% fit players. No player will run out if he is only operating at 80 or 90% capacity. All players are fit, I assume Schweinsteiger will play."

Germany, the favourites with Spain to win the European Championship, are the only team to have won every game so far, but produced an error-strewn display against the Greeks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/26/euro-2012-mario-balotelli-king-kong
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
Godzilla might have been a better choice...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 27, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Yuh cyah tell me that not one person, editor or staff at the Gazetta dello Sport didn't raise an alarm before that cartoon make it to press...

Definitely an agenda here.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
Yuh cyah tell me that not one person, editor or staff at the Gazetta dello Sport didn't raise an alarm before that cartoon make it to press...

Definitely an agenda here.

My thoughts excatly! Gazetta has been an outspoke newspaper on racism in both society and at football stadiums. However, I cannot believe that those responsible could allow this to be published.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Did Someone Spike Mario Balotelli’s Drink?
« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli looked like he had swallowed something foul when he spat out an isotonic drink while sitting on the Italian substitute's bench in a break during the England game.

In the brief 19 second clip Balotelli is sitting down and seems to be giving his Italy teammate Antonio Cassano, who doesn't look too interested, a bit of an earful.
The 21-year-old then goes to drink from a bottle, which contains a yellowy green liquid, but pulls away.
He teases us by doing this a couple of more times but eventually takes a swig from the container.
As soon as he does he immediately spits out the substance and seems to be in some kind of distress.
He then turns to his bench confidant Cassano, who's speaking with Andrea Pirlo, and proceeds to probably tell him how disgusting the refreshment was.

There have been several theories as to what the substance could be, with some YouTube users suggesting it was water with lard in it or non-alcoholic beer.
But without a shadow of a doubt the most popular suggestion was that the liquid was urine and it was possibly a prank played on him by his teammates.
This theory leaves a very bad taste in everyone's mouth.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/903299-mario-balotelli-spits-out-disgusting-drink-on-italy-substitutes-bench#ixzz1z0GRCRkK

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nwzcDemswNk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nwzcDemswNk</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 27, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »
My thoughts excatly! Gazetta has been an outspoke newspaper on racism in both society and at football stadiums. However, I cannot believe that those responsible could allow this to be published.

Seems more the product of ignorance (lack of sensitivity) than malice.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »
Biatcheesssssss!!!!!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 28, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »
Biatcheesssssss!!!!!!!!

x2.

you rell extra dread  :P

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »
Biatcheesssssss!!!!!!!!

...look like sumting else we agree on.   :laugh:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
ohhh gaardoooo german fans sheddin tears aready!!!!! lolol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 28, 2012, 01:55:25 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 28, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
well done my yute ..let de haters hate....lehwe see what dey go say now......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 28, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
The Italy midfielder Daniele De Rossi has rejected suggestions that striker Mario Balotelli is a disruptive influence on the dressing room.

Balotelli could emerge a key figure in Warsaw on Thursday night as Italy try to maintain their remarkable record against Germany and book a Euro 2012 final against Spain.

The 21-year-old appeared to be getting a tongue-lashing from De Rossi at one stage during the quarter-final triumph over England, but De Rossi was eager to stress there was nothing abnormal in that.

"Mario is not a difficult character at all," he said. "We treat him as one of the squad, no more, no less.

"On Sunday I shouted at him at half-time but that has happened thousands of times in my career with players. There are no problems with him and there have never been any. He is a very good player.

"There is no need for us to have a word with him, that is up to the coach, and we don't need to make any extra effort with him."

Not that the coach Cesare Prandelli wants to delve too deeply into Balotelli's psyche. He said: "How do you try to work out what goes on in the head of a 21-year-old young man? In terms of his behaviour, mentality and psychology, he has changed radically with us.

"There are no problems with communication. I'm just curious to see what he is feeling, what sacrifices he is prepared to make to become a great footballer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/28/euro-2012-mario-balotelli-rossi
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>