April 23, 2024, 12:07:47 PM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 161812 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Inter’s Balotelli fined for mocking fans
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
From the article, Lippi is leaving him out for tactical reasons, nothing to do with that game, although I'm sure this performance will cement Lippi's stance.

What I really want to see is a long ban.
Pepe got 10 games AND he apologised.
So far Totti has just acted like a spoilt prick.

In my opinion, Sere A needs to handle this very carefully.
They need to send a good message.  Serie A is ranked 3rd or 4th in terms of prestige right now, and failure to punish indiscipline will only hurt their reputation in the eyes of foreigners.
They need to be able to attract foreign fans and foreign players in order to bring the league back up to it's previous status.
Let's see how they do things in Italy.

And the Pepe episode didn't involve racism.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2010, 10:57:35 AM »
Every body and they mudder has come out to criticize or weigh-in on the Balotelli maelstrom over the past weeks.  Maldini, Baggio, one setta men coming down on the boy.  totti come out and commit such an egregious act and every body mout' sip up.  Even Jose loss some serious points in my book. 

Everybody mout zip up because dem feel Balotelli get he just desserts and secretly dem endorse wha Totti do because dem woulda like to do it deyself.

Mario Balotelli might be the lightening rod for eventual change in racial attitudes by everyone in sport.  But before it gets better, it's going to get much worse.  It's already started.

It may very well be that what Mario Balotelli achieves off the field is so much more than anything he could ever achieve on it.

I don't envy the fella but I LOVE his spirit.  It's very easy to just do what everybody else tell you to do rather than go with your instincts, especially when the consequences involve so much personal abuse.  If he wasn't extraordinarily talented, he would have been out of the game already.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
Every body and they mudder has come out to criticize or weigh-in on the Balotelli maelstrom over the past weeks.  Maldini, Baggio, one setta men coming down on the boy.  totti come out and commit such an egregious act and every body mout' sip up.  Even Jose loss some serious points in my book. 

Everybody mout zip up because dem feel Balotelli get he just desserts and secretly dem endorse wha Totti do because dem woulda like to do it deyself.

Mario Balotelli might be the lightening rod for eventual change in racial attitudes by everyone in sport.  But before it gets better, it's going to get much worse.  It's already started.

It may very well be that what Mario Balotelli achieves off the field is so much more than anything he could ever achieve on it.

I don't envy the fella but I LOVE his spirit.  It's very easy to just do what everybody else tell you to do rather than go with your instincts, especially when the consequences involve so much personal abuse.  If he wasn't extraordinarily talented, he would have been out of the game already.

Exactly!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »
All i can say is that if i was Balotelli's teammate Totti wouldve gotten hit hard.
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
All i can say is that if i was Balotelli's teammate Totti wouldve gotten hit hard.

The fact that he wasn't speaks volumes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »

Good post. 

For many, Balotelli's seemingly bad attitude is nothing more than an alibi to taunt him without the guilt of having to admit to racist motivations. 

If he continues to play well and improve, he will get picked for the Italian nat'l team before he retires, and if he has a good int'l career he will go down in history as a legend.

I just hope that all of this doesn't get in his head and prevent him from doing the business on the field...because how he affects what happens off the field as you say will amount to zero if he doesn't play his part on the field as well....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »

yeah good post palos..

there are a whole lot of people who endorse Totti's behavior.. When i first saw the video i post the link on my facebook profile with a title saying 'Ban Totti Now!' First man to jump in was an Italian guy who i used to kick ball with years ago, a real Roma man.. He was saying Totti the legend, well done for kicking that mofo..

when you look at the youtube links and articles, many of the italian comments are praising his actions.. His own club hierarchy say they not taking no action against Totti and he himself shows no remorse.. That comment about 'shaming an entire people' eh sit right with me at all..

But the silence from Inter milan is what bugging me the most.. I expecting Jose to come out and blast Totti, i was expecting a rumble on the field and level fireworks.. how dey go just let that pass so?? madness..

balotelli doh help he predicament at all, but i changing my tune yes.. i want him to stay in italy and keep giving them worries... in fact i want him to become the best player in the world and be arrogant and obnoxious about it just to rub their nose in it and to lay bare the ugly face of racism.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2010, 12:48:17 PM »

The fact that he wasn't speaks volumes.

It does... but necessarily in the way you're implying.  If "everybody thinks he got his just desserts" that would also mean that is own teammates, including the black and 'foreign' ones agree with that as well.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
Amazing....the man get kick down, then if people didn't notice, he got a kick to the head to finish it off. And the man openly justifying that with bullshit bout offending people or something so. What a bullshit league that that sort of thing could be tolerated, even without the racist element. And his teammates did not even bat an eyelid, with Maicon  :o seeming to give him a pat on the back too. WTF...and Maicon is definitely one of my favourite players in the world. He lose real points fuh dat, Cyar look at him the same way.  Seem like man real hate Ballotelli boy.

Fuh me that is not a foul, that is assault, and criminal charges should be filed. The man openly and unapologetically admitting it. Wow!!

AGAIN......Italy and Argentina, two countries that could never, NEVER get my support.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »
Amazing....the man get kick down, then if people didn't notice, he got a kick to the head to finish it off. And the man openly justifying that with bullshit bout offending people or something so. What a bullshit league that that sort of thing could be tolerated, even without the racist element. And his teammates did not even bat an eyelid, with Maicon  :o seeming to give him a pat on the back too. WTF...and Maicon is definitely one of my favourite players in the world. He lose real points fuh dat, Cyar look at him the same way.  Seem like man real hate Ballotelli boy.

Fuh me that is not a foul, that is assault, and criminal charges should be filed. The man openly and unapologetically admitting it. Wow!!

AGAIN......Italy and Argentina, two countries that could never, NEVER get my support.
The level of racism is so pronounced in Italy that players are discouraged from even saying anything.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »

Yeah Maicon was one of the players I had in mind in making my post... but in fairness to him you can't assume that he saw what went on... remember he plays Right Back and the incident took place up front and on the other side of the field.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »
Amazing....the man get kick down, then if people didn't notice, he got a kick to the head to finish it off.

Yeah I noticed that too. After Totti kick him, Taddei or one of the other idiots kick him in the head while he was on the ground.
To be fair though, E'to was in Totti face after the foul, and was arguing wit the ref all game about how wild Roma was playing.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
Hey do you her guys know the Mob is kinda racist right,actually from the movies ,they only really like italians lol .But they deal with other ppl .

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
I always know they racist doh lol .But they are unique .I wouldn hate Italians for this , its big enough to stop liking Joe Pecci and Pacino for . I know they have no class but there dumb wops ,whatdyah expect.
Spain however is a different story for me ,am not even Afro Trini,but I would never respect or really like them again ,well except there women ofcourse .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:12:03 PM by Quags »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »
yes, balotelli should leave the ignorant racist italian league - he should go to a more enlightened league like dc united where a certain nobel peace prize laureate will come out to the game to cheer him on in a friendly race neutral environment. /:)

seriously, balotelli's story (adoption) is a real barrier to people, italians in particular, accepting him. he diss he own parents and his native people (ghana) which, for an italian family-first culture, is a no no. this also separates him from other potential mentors (maicon, eto'o, etc.) since none of them pushing to be italian as much as he.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
if totti or whoever else think balotelli is wrecking the italian league rep, they wrong. totti and taddei even maicon, i think, are examples of the wrecking. totti and taddei acting childish. maicon, your own teammate, giving what it seems props to totti. im sorry but i lost respect for totti and maicon. balotelli keep doing your thing and keep shining. 
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
yes, balotelli should leave the ignorant racist italian league - he should go to a more enlightened league like dc united where a certain nobel peace prize laureate will come out to the game to cheer him on in a friendly race neutral environment. /:)

seriously, balotelli's story (adoption) is a real barrier to people, italians in particular, accepting him. he diss he own parents and his native people (ghana) which, for an italian family-first culture, is a no no. this also separates him from other potential mentors (maicon, eto'o, etc.) since none of them pushing to be italian as much as he.

"dc united" is a league?

"seriously"... how Balotelli "pushing to be italian" when he was born and raised Italian?  Any other "potential mentors (maicon, eto'o etc.)" come from comparable circumstances?  His native people are Italians... unless Palermo shift tuh Africa during the last earthquake.  The whole "Italians can't accept him because he 'diss' he parents" talk is just rationalization after the fact... those who don't want to accept him know why they really don't want to accept him.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »
Totti rejects Balotelli's racism claim - ESPN Soccernet

Roma captain Francesco Totti has strongly denied suggestions he racially abused Mario Balotelli during the Coppa Italia final.

Totti was sent off during Roma's 1-0 defeat to Inter for kicking out at Balotelli, and Totti claimed in Corriere dello Sport that the Inter striker had insulted him and the people of Rome.

"Hearing an absolute beginner, but nevertheless someone with great gifts, repeatedly offending my fans, my city, my sense of belonging to Rome, as well as me personally, telling me that I am finished is unbearable," Totti said.

However, Balotelli was quoted as telling Gazzetta dello Sport that Totti had racially abused him, saying: "N***** ... yes, that's what he said."

Balotelli's agent, Mino Raiola, added: "If he says that, it means that his gesture was premeditated and he was harbouring rancour.

"I don't like it. Mario has sworn that he did not offend anyone. He admits he just said to him, 'Enough with kicks. Don't be a child and let's play football'. Nothing more, then Totti did the rest. I think that racist people are ignorant.

"If it was a premeditated gesture, he should get a six-month ban, not just a suspension in the Coppa Italia."

However, writing on his personal website, Totti has completely rejected those claims.

"I have never been a racist. I will never be a racist," he said. "I have never made a racist comment. I say it now with absolute certainty: never.

"With the same strength, I wish to say that there is behaviour akin to racism when it involves insulting someone purely for where they were born."

Roma have indicated that they do not plan to discipline Totti over the incident.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:36:32 PM by xixgon »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »

sorry, but dis is a sh!t argument.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2010, 02:13:57 PM »

The most absurd post in this thread....did he really diss his own parents ??..where is he from, how is he pushing to be italian ??..the "none of them" yuh talking bout are not italians, never even grew up in italy...

what a waste of posting space yuh occupied in here

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »

Boss, I read dis ting dis mawnin and it nearly give meh a headache tryin' to make sense outta wha yuh was tryin' to say.....ah see enough man come and bouff yuh up since......fuh all yuh know it might really be some ultra complex theory yuh have that yuh just might be right about....help we out nuh?  Explain this post so we could understand what yuh really tryin and say nuh?  Please. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Wait nah. Any word on the disciplinary action that get taken against the defender of the Roman people?  ::)
Dis happen since Wednesday...wham...dey on vacation?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2010, 07:15:04 PM »

I think he talking about the MLS...and Obama....d other part doh really make sense 2 me

Boss, I read dis ting dis mawnin and it nearly give meh a headache tryin' to make sense outta wha yuh was tryin' to say.....ah see enough man come and bouff yuh up since......fuh all yuh know it might really be some ultra complex theory yuh have that yuh just might be right about....help we out nuh?  Explain this post so we could understand what yuh really tryin and say nuh?  Please. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2010, 06:30:13 AM »

He's diss his own parents?? :o  boss , isn't that the other way around? i seem to remember balotelli being adopted @ the age of two, so in reality, who dissed who?

seems like you have an uncanny knack for putting yuh foot in yuh mouth. ah really think yuh should become ah politician or ah public speaker for your area of expertise.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2010, 08:03:58 AM »

He's diss his own parents?? :o  boss , isn't that the other way around? i seem to remember balotelli being adopted @ the age of two, so in reality, who dissed who?

seems like you have an uncanny knack for putting yuh foot in yuh mouth. ah really think yuh should become ah politician or ah public speaker for your area of expertise.
His parents showed up after he made the Inter first team. He shunned them for giving him up and basically forgetting him until he became a professional. He don't take shit from nobody, and I eh give wrong. After you see a man could kick you down and escape punishment because you is a 'troublemaker' you must know that the Italian football doesn't care about you.

After this attack I'm firmly on Balotelli's side. That is real shit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:33:41 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2010, 08:41:26 AM »

I think he talking about the MLS...and Obama....d other part doh really make sense 2 me

None of it made sense to me and dize why ah arske 'im to elaborate.....even de lil comment about Obama and dc united is meant (or can only be meant) in sarcasm, given the tone and the content.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »

Any side effects with what you took before you wrote this? Doh act like Balotelli when he was a baby asked to be given up for adoption so well in his right not want to have anything to do with his parents. And als question why they now want to ahve contact with him.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »
Totti gets four-match ban

Roma captain Francesco Totti has received a four-match ban following his sending off in the Coppa Italia Final.

The 33-year-old viciously kicked Inter striker Mario Balotelli from behind, sparking outrage across Italy.

Balotelli has also been suspended for one-match on account of the protests that he made towards match officials during the Final. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

giggsy11

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
That ban is only for that tourament so he will only serve the length only if roma advances to four rounds.

PS: Zeppo how do you post part of an article with the ability to click on the highlighted portion to continue reading the whole article?
 :beermug:

1]; } ?>