March 29, 2024, 09:20:49 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160717 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Mario Balotelli
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
Allyuh ever hear about this yute.

Born and raised by foster parents in Italy and speaks no language other than Italian. He is 17

Apparently he is one of the best Strikers in the Italy's Primavera.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »
Somewhat similar situation to the case of Toto Tamuz, the player of Nigerian parentage left entrusted in Israel to Israelis ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
PS  was already a lil mention of Tamuz here

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28743.0

buh wikipedia has some info as well

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:21:18 AM »
PS  was already a lil mention of Tamuz here

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28743.0

buh wikipedia has some info as well
A lil side note. What does FIFA constitue as a country ? Would FIFA recognise a Kosovo when it declare independence in face of UN reluctance ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
Kosovo will be among the body of footballing nations. Whether they'll be able to play their neighbours peacefully is another ...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roma fans throw bananas at Balotelli
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »
Dunno if dey come to that conclusion based on the location of the incident..buh...it still sad

Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli was praised for his calm reaction when Roma fans threw bananas at him in a bar.

The 18-year-old, who was in Rome ahead of joining the Italy U21 squad, was praised for his calmness by coach Pierluigi Casiraghi, having previously reacted angrily when confronted by Italy's football racism problem.

"The boy has behaved well both with the team and in the specific incident yesterday when he didn't respond to verbal provocation," Casiraghi said in a statement.

Italy-born Balotelli, who has Ghanaian roots, was racially abused by Juventus fans at a Serie A match in April and has been the victim of racist chanting and gestures from fans throughout the season.

I wonder wha he do disrespectful to deserve dis now?  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roma fans throw bananas at Balotelli
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »
its not too late to play for Ghana  ;D

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
Dunno if dey come to that conclusion based on the location of the incident..buh...it still sad

Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli was praised for his calm reaction when Roma fans threw bananas at him in a bar.

The 18-year-old, who was in Rome ahead of joining the Italy U21 squad, was praised for his calmness by coach Pierluigi Casiraghi, having previously reacted angrily when confronted by Italy's football racism problem.

"The boy has behaved well both with the team and in the specific incident yesterday when he didn't respond to verbal provocation," Casiraghi said in a statement.

Italy-born Balotelli, who has Ghanaian roots, was racially abused by Juventus fans at a Serie A match in April and has been the victim of racist chanting and gestures from fans throughout the season.

I wonder wha he do disrespectful to deserve dis now?  ::)

Hope dais just an error in translation
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »
I personally hope this fella play for Ghana instead jeez Italy don't deserve no black player on their squad with that kinda behavior... I know not all Italians like this but on a whole that's some real ignorant ish... what a shame guy love Italy enough to choose them and they still want to do him like that steups...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »
I personally hope this fella play for Ghana instead jeez Italy don't deserve no black player on their squad with that kinda behavior... I know not all Italians like this but on a whole that's some real ignorant ish... what a shame guy love Italy enough to choose them and they still want to do him like that steups...

Ghanain fans musse laugin at him all now because he choose Italy.  Imagine if he had Trini heritage how he woulda get waste dong fuh chosin land of birth over land of heritage?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »

Ghanain fans musse laugin at him all now because he choose Italy.  Imagine if he had Trini heritage how he woulda get waste dong fuh chosin land of birth over land of heritage?

I for one hope the man represent Italy. If Balotelli pull a duck and run he will be an even bigger laughing stock to the racist element in his own country. It will empower them and let them feel that they could chase out people if they harass them enough. What about the black youths coming up in Italy..best believe they watching Balotelli. It eh fair, but some hadda face de burden worse than others. Besides, the youth is Italian. You cyah even make the argument that he raised by Ghanians in Italy..de man parents are Italian. Is connection to Ghana kinda thin....Watch all de black men representing France, Holland, England...it hadda start somewhere.

On another note..what the hell dem men doing with bananas at a bar. Dey see Balotelli, went and buy some bananas and den follow de man..or do some people just roll wit a stack a bananas wherever they go ???

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Zandolie is no big thing to call peeps "boy" in Europe.  It does not have the same negative connotation as it does in America with their reference to slavery. 

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
Zandolie is no big thing to call peeps "boy" in Europe.  It does not have the same negative connotation as it does in America with their reference to slavery. 

Thanks for de clarfication  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
Like "de boy wayne" from Special 1 TV

Dat said....is a term mostly used in Britain from what I have heard.

I doh recall ever hearin any European coach referrin to any player as "boy" as Casiraghi did here....unless dey really is a boy..like a U 17 player or so.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:56:30 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
Some people say that Balotelli has an arrogant attitude and that he taunt opposing fans...this was according to Seedorf.  Still no excuse to take it to the pits of ignorance though.  He doesn't have a senior cap yet, right?  He could still play for Ghana.  Big team still, with loads of talent.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
This is disgusting, despicable behaviour. The pinnacle of ignorance, I feel sad for those people that their lives are so pathetic, they have to feel important and fulfilled by deriding others in the most vile way possible at any opportunity, they lucky Balotelli didn't beat their ignorant asses, he would have been totally justified, I can't imagine having to put up with that being done to me.

I'm hearing everyone talking garbage about how Balotelli's abrasive attitude encourages these attacks(really just justifying these vile and ignorant acts), but I feel it's the other way around, I imagine that growing up in Italy he's experienced so much racist discrimination, that he had to develop that abrasive, strong and very confrontational attitude to cope stand against it without craving in and becoming an confidence-dashed introvert. My attitude seems to be in contrast to him, or at least what we see of his on the television, but I feel if I grew up in an environment like Italy, where people can be so openly racist, I'd be the same as him. I'd say that Italy definitely has much more intelligent, tolerant and decent people than ignoramuses like these, but still, more than many other places it also has a fair share of very ignorant and openly racially intolerant people, and they are and not censured, but go on with these vile acts with barely a slap on the wrist.

Stay strong through all this Balotelli, I can't imagine how hard it must be, you are an amazingly talented player and strong person, and when you become a great, you'll show all these people how pathetic they really are.

WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:31:26 PM by Peter »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
I remember when that same thing happen to Mark Walters on his Rangers debut. He went to take a corner and the amount of banana dem pelt he could have opened a fruit stand. Walters reaction was priceless, he picked up a banana, peel it and began eating, the crowd went wild and started cheering and singing.

Dem Romans are fascist so I eh surprise.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »

I for one hope the man represent Italy. If Balotelli pull a duck and run he will be an even bigger laughing stock to the racist element in his own country. It will empower them and let them feel that they could chase out people if they harass them enough. What about the black youths coming up in Italy..best believe they watching Balotelli. It eh fair, but some hadda face de burden worse than others. Besides, the youth is Italian. You cyah even make the argument that he raised by Ghanians in Italy..de man parents are Italian. Is connection to Ghana kinda thin....Watch all de black men representing France, Holland, England...it hadda start somewhere.

On another note..what the hell dem men doing with bananas at a bar. Dey see Balotelli, went and buy some bananas and den follow de man..or do some people just roll wit a stack a bananas wherever they go ???

Ah hear yuh ... buh hell of a WEIGHT fuh a yuteman.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Italy coach Marcello Lippi ponders Mario Balotelli inclusion
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »
Italy coach Marcello Lippi ponders Mario Balotelli inclusion

Italy coach Marcello Lippi faces another dilemma as calls for Inter striker Mario Balotelli to be included in the World Cup 2010 squad intensify.

Super Mario's performance in Inter's 2-0 victory over Rubin Kazan on Wednesday night prompted Nerazzurri president Massimo Moratti to exclaim "Balotelli was good enough for the national team." His words have now led to Sportmediaset.it reporting that Lippi will consider the youngster for a place in South Africa.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Italy coach Marcello Lippi ponders Mario Balotelli inclusion
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
Italy have some problems as they lack a playmaker. Right now Cassano is the best player for than position, but he and Lippi will never see eye to eye. Especially since Cassano hit Lippi son some hard cuff. Lippi already declared Cassano is out. Lippi may very well turn to the old master Totti. Anyone who watch Roma vs Sampdoria on Saturday would say, Wait! Totti is the ideal choice because he is in ripping form. Saturday was vintage Totti he was pulling the strings and turning on the style. But Totti is crystal and could break anytime. My choice would  be Cassano, the WC stage deserves to see a player of his quality. But if he does not fit the team so be it. Imagine having the luxury of leaving out such quality.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
Italy have some problems as they lack a playmaker. Right now Cassano is the best player for than position, but he and Lippi will never see eye to eye. Especially since Cassano hit Lippi son some hard cuff. Lippi already declared Cassano is out. Lippi may very well turn to the old master Totti. Anyone who watch Roma vs Sampdoria on Saturday would say, Wait! Totti is the ideal choice because he is in ripping form. Saturday was vintage Totti he was pulling the strings and turning on the style. But Totti is crystal and could break anytime. My choice would  be Cassano, the WC stage deserves to see a player of his quality. But if he does not fit the team so be it. Imagine having the luxury of leaving out such quality.

The problem is that Cassano is not really a playmaker, or a suitable alternative for Totti.. He is more of a creative withdrawn striker and I would consider him a direct replacement for Del Piero, not Totti. Imo, cassano is not the answer..

Totti is always an option, but then again.. Italy didnt win the world cup with a playmaker as Totti was injured for most of the tournament. They won it with Pirlo starting the play from the base of the midfield, not the tip..

I think the way italy plays, its more important to have a solid back four and two good solid strikers up top with a good understanding. I hope Balotelli gets the call up though.. Even if from the threat he poses on set pieces.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »
Balotelli is the Ghanian born player right?  How come Ghana eh cap him yet?  Has he ever stated that he would prefer to play for Italy??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »
Balotelli is the Ghanian born player right?  How come Ghana eh cap him yet?  Has he ever stated that he would prefer to play for Italy??

he was adopted and he considers himself italian
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
Balotelli is the Ghanian born player right? 

No. He was born in Italy.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

The problem is that Cassano is not really a playmaker, or a suitable alternative for Totti.. He is more of a creative withdrawn striker and I would consider him a direct replacement for Del Piero, not Totti. Imo, cassano is not the answer..

Totti is always an option, but then again.. Italy didnt win the world cup with a playmaker as Totti was injured for most of the tournament. They won it with Pirlo starting the play from the base of the midfield, not the tip..

I think the way italy plays, its more important to have a solid back four and two good solid strikers up top with a good understanding. I hope Balotelli gets the call up though.. Even if from the threat he poses on set pieces.

Interesting to me that you do not see Cassano as a playmaker, when he is consistently on the top of the Assist charts for Serie A. I do agree on Pirlo (no one will debate), but Totti played more than you think, the opening two games and especially from the Quarter finals onward and ended up with 1 goal and 4 assist.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »

Born and Bred in Italy....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »

Born and Bred in Italy....
Early life
Balotelli was born to Ghanaian immigrants Thomas and Rose Barwuah in the Italian city of Palermo. The family moved to Bagnolo Mella in the province of Brescia, Lombardy shortly after Balotelli was born. In 1993, at the age of three, the Barwuah family agreed to entrust Mario to the Balotelli family, with the legal move successively formalized by the Court of Brescia.[5] Balotelli later accused his biological parents of "glory hunting," stating that they only wanted him back when he became famous.[6] They lived in Concesio, a town and comune in Brescia. According to Law 91 of 5 February 1992,[7] Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday in order to request Italian citizenship, as his adoption was never made definitive, which he officially gained on 13 August 2008.[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 04:20:16 AM »
Balotelli doesn't have the greatest relationship with his biological parents, either:

Now I'm a Serie A star they want to come and find me - Inter star Balotelli accuses biological parents of glory hunting
- Xavi

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 06:28:24 AM »
Balotelli doesn't have the greatest relationship with his biological parents, either:

Now I'm a Serie A star they want to come and find me - Inter star Balotelli accuses biological parents of glory hunting

yeah from what I read there i might be inclined to tell DEM fuuck-off too
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:57:45 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
Really don't care about the youngster background in his personal life, however if he is a regular in Jose Mourinho side then surely he is a top striker, winning serie A is not easy with Juve, Roma and Milan around...

1]; } ?>