March 29, 2024, 05:32:55 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160705 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
My point exactly.

It look stupid. Like any attempt of unnecessary skill that doesnt come off. But oh gorm. Pre-season friendly...when yuh rather him do it? In a champions league knock out game?

All de talk bout encourage skill and ting in de game doh apply cuz is mario? He doh do things to endear public opinion....but still.

That showed such an utter lack of common sense.  Preseason or not, these English teams come to the US (and travel to the the Far East) on 'goodwill' tours... goodwill meaning they hope fans feel "good" enough about seeing the team that they become interested enough to spend money on team paraphernalia, or even become fans. 

What he did is disrespectful to the opposition, whether he score or doh score.  Okay, we know MLS ent up to EPL standards but dat is showing utter contempt for them fellas out there who giving honest effort for L.A.  It also disrespectful to fans who have to pay out a pretty penny (especially in these times) to see a man disrespect yuh club like that and to show you that he out there for his enjoyment, not for yours.

Lost in all of that is the quality of the pass by Silva... and secondly, the type of discord things like this threatens in the locker room.  I would really be surprised if this yute ever get another call up to the Azurri, carrying on like this.  I now starting to see for myself (after defending him tooth and nail) why some Italian fans doh like him.

Understand my point.

It was stupid. He try something. It did not come off. I SWEAR that net getting rip den I see what happen and I in shock...he probably went to shoot and changed his mind.

However in the context of the situation....it eh dat major.
If it did score...you woulda hear it disrespectful...and den de old debate of skill and what not.

But it getting over hyped because its Mario. He track record doh help. But to contrast.....de player with the backheel penalty.....wha's his name? In fact that was more premeditated than this...where Mario had to curb instinct to blast the net to try something different..which I sure ultimately is one major reason he missed.

It have some youth men in church I does sweat with off and on....I doh have de time to train with dem and ting...but any time it have a tournament we could play in..we dey. Its like I a player/coach.

Anyhow...one youth there reminds me of Mario. Skill for days...and he knows it. ALWAYS showing off. ALWAYS. ALWAYS in conflict with his father...moody..petulant....but a good youth when yuh reach out to him. At 15...it still very different from Mario who at 20 plus. One game we playing....he tear through 3 men....went back to beat one...hit him a spanner and made him fall. All this while me and a next team mate on top the box begging for the pass.

Spanner distributed......he turns....and shoots......and it sails over the bar. I stop...and watch him. Said nothing...just watched him. He knew he did filth.

After the game.....(cause it was just a friendly sweat with some fellas in de area..)...I say...."How much times I tell yuh doh overdo it?" No answer. I start something I said to him before....how his attitude would cause him to underachieve a lot. He said sorry.

He eh totally reformed...buh yuh hadda still appreciate the context.

Mario would obviously be seen as different. He a seasoned professional. A seasoned underachiever because of his conduct. He has this facade that strives to be the center of attention. It could and very likely to destroy his career.

De goal wasnt that important. It might do a lot for humbling him. Who knows. If it had scored....it woulda be seen as disrespectful.

But if messi did it....genius.

Why? Gopaul luck eh Seapaul luck. Messi history eh one that would make the obvious motivation seem like showboating. So it might go down very differently.

Dahs all i saying.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »
Is Mario, so all hell break loose...if it was Roni, CR7 or Messi, everybody woulda laugh it off and say this is what the crowd come to see, stars showing off thier skill and entertaining the masses.  :beermug:

Props Mario oui...even if he help the ole lady cross the road and buy brownies from the girl scouts, someone would have something negative to say. So let he just be himself, he cya be nobody else. As long as it is legal and it ent hurt no body, nothing is wrong. That's my view!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
Understand my point.

It was stupid. He try something. It did not come off. I SWEAR that net getting rip den I see what happen and I in shock...he probably went to shoot and changed his mind.

However in the context of the situation....it eh dat major.
If it did score...you woulda hear it disrespectful...and den de old debate of skill and what not.

But it getting over hyped because its Mario. He track record doh help. But to contrast.....de player with the backheel penalty.....wha's his name? In fact that was more premeditated than this...where Mario had to curb instinct to blast the net to try something different..which I sure ultimately is one major reason he missed.

It have some youth men in church I does sweat with off and on....I doh have de time to train with dem and ting...but any time it have a tournament we could play in..we dey. Its like I a player/coach.

Anyhow...one youth there reminds me of Mario. Skill for days...and he knows it. ALWAYS showing off. ALWAYS. ALWAYS in conflict with his father...moody..petulant....but a good youth when yuh reach out to him. At 15...it still very different from Mario who at 20 plus. One game we playing....he tear through 3 men....went back to beat one...hit him a spanner and made him fall. All this while me and a next team mate on top the box begging for the pass.

Spanner distributed......he turns....and shoots......and it sails over the bar. I stop...and watch him. Said nothing...just watched him. He knew he did filth.

After the game.....(cause it was just a friendly sweat with some fellas in de area..)...I say...."How much times I tell yuh doh overdo it?" No answer. I start something I said to him before....how his attitude would cause him to underachieve a lot. He said sorry.

He eh totally reformed...buh yuh hadda still appreciate the context.

Mario would obviously be seen as different. He a seasoned professional. A seasoned underachiever because of his conduct. He has this facade that strives to be the center of attention. It could and very likely to destroy his career.

De goal wasnt that important. It might do a lot for humbling him. Who knows. If it had scored....it woulda be seen as disrespectful.

But if messi did it....genius.

Why? Gopaul luck eh Seapaul luck. Messi history eh one that would make the obvious motivation seem like showboating. So it might go down very differently.

Dahs all i saying.

To be honest... all ah this "if Messi did do it" or if "CRonaldo did do it yuh woulda..."  I not into no setta speculating.  Honestly speaking, no matter who did that I woulda look at it the same way.  I doubt he would do that in a 'real' game and I sure you agree on that point.  That being said, nobody expects him to treat this like a league game, but you don't see anybody else out their treating it like a small sweat.  This ent even some All-Star game where man does deliberately be messing around.  I sure Mancini seeing these games as a critical part of building focus and conditioning... and Balotelli on some clown scene.  We eh go even address the "disrespect" aspect of it again.  At some point people need to stop making excuses fuh de fella.

Only thing I could say in his defense is that it seems like he likes to joke around and he probably had thoughts of the Lebanese fella penalty kick in his head and thought "ha ha, they'll love this one too".  But there's a time and place for everything.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
Hell with all ah alyu who talking about disrespect. The man try something and he miss. What disrespectful about that. Eating up American :bs:   

This yuteman cyah do nothing right for alyuh.

IS ONLY BECAUSE HE BLACK!!!!!! F@#k what else alyuh think. Nani chip the keeper and embarass him yesteday when he coulda finish simple, not ah peep, Man United drop 7 on Seattle, pushing hard to score more and no problem with that. The man try something and he disrespectful.

This yuteman will save 59 out of 60 pregnant mothers from a burnng building and he will get bad press. No one talk about the run the man make to get into the position to receive that pass.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2011, 01:17:29 AM »
It look like the fella heard the whistle.  Or thought he did.  That doesn't look like an attempted shot to me.  What was he trying to do, slice a back heel near post?  lol  scheuups.  The fella was obviously trying to tell the coach he heard something by way of the official. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2011, 05:32:45 AM »
It look like the fella heard the whistle.  Or thought he did.  That doesn't look like an attempted shot to me.  What was he trying to do, slice a back heel near post?  lol  scheuups.  The fella was obviously trying to tell the coach he heard something by way of the official. 

looks like it to me..even i thought the whistle had blown altho d whistle wud hav been a higher pitch...im sure he understood d physics of that shot enough not to try it when he aint directly in front d goal...

anyways, one of my favorite players..regardless..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »
Love how this guy has his own thread on this msg board....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
i does be one of de first to jump in and defend balo, but oh gawwd man fellahs.. Allyuh really trying to excuse that??

Even he thought he hear a whistle (highly unlikely), that is still good enough reason to get sub off for nonsense. Any serious professional player knows to finish off the play and let the ref blow, not try that piece ah madness. Lewwe doh act like is some honest mistake, look at his teammates' reactions.

It dont matter if it was balotelli or it was messi, rooney and ronaldo that did it, (and for that matter, it wouldn't be messi, rooney or ronaldo because those players are established professionals who take their trade seriously, while balotelli is not) the reaction from the coach and team mates would be the same. That is a lack of respect for the opposition and worse yet yuh teammates who working hard to toward a common goal.

And furthermore the setta "is just because he black", pull-the-race-card nonsense talk is irrelevant. High time allyuh stop excusing the man behavior and call him out for what it is... Slackness!! He ain't no victim, he is the author of his own circumstances.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:45:45 AM by dinho »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2011, 08:06:10 AM »
Elan, why bring skin colour into this, that is pure rubbish. It was unprofessional! Simple! How you can even compare Nani chip with what
Boli did?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »

And furthermore the setta "is just because he black", pull-the-race-card nonsense talk is irrelevant. High time allyuh stop excusing the man behavior and call him out for what it is... Slackness!! He ain't no victim, he is the author of his own circumstances.

EXACTLY!!

I would go further to say, the fact that he is black and came from such harsh circumstances to make it to the top of professional football is why he should hold himself to a higher standard, instead of doing sh!t at every possible opportunity.

Baltotelli is ah jackarse and seems to have nothing between his ears. Instead of being a role model to the country of his birth and the little black boys with talent who striving to make it in football, he content on doing a$$ness.

Credit to Mancini too, he real trying with that boy. He mussbe taking pressure tablets steady having to deal wid dat boy.

Sidenote: Silva provide a sublime pass.

Més que un club.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2011, 08:22:57 AM »
I keep thinking that if it had scored the commentators would have called it a cheeky back heel and it would have been on ESPN highlights but he missed so I guess he had no right to try that. <shrug>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »
Love how this guy has his own thread on this msg board....

we love mad people...dis is ah youth dat does buss into womens prisons drivin sports cars like he starrin in mission impossible
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:08 AM »
I keep thinking that if it had scored the commentators would have called it a cheeky back heel and it would have been on ESPN highlights but he missed so I guess he had no right to try that. <shrug>

:beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »

Credit to Mancini too, he real trying with that boy.

Mancini clearly believes in Balo from their Inter days together, but I dunno how much more rope he gonna extend to him...  The guy's head is clearly somewhere else.  Even in the FA Cup final when he was almost clearly the man of the match, there was a play where he decided he was gonna coast, and just not run for the ball, and almost allowed Stoke a dangerous counter... Mancini leggo some cuss in he tail and I could just see him thinking "why do I persist with this youth?"....

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »

Credit to Mancini too, he real trying with that boy.

Mancini clearly believes in Balo from their Inter days together, but I dunno how much more rope he gonna extend to him...  The guy's head is clearly somewhere else.  Even in the FA Cup final when he was almost clearly the man of the match, there was a play where he decided he was gonna coast, and just not run for the ball, and almost allowed Stoke a dangerous counter... Mancini leggo some cuss in he tail and I could just see him thinking "why do I persist with this youth?"....
i would hav eloved to see that backheel score and then macini take him off, would been far more emphatic and a stronger message to the man child

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45:21 AM »
So what about Joe Hart's celebration after he scored wasn't that rubbing it in????? he scored so it doesn't matter.
Mancini handled that wrong....he should not have pulled Balo...should have called him to the sideline chewed him out but left him on as Balo would have been held accountable for his actions from there on.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:26 AM »
he should not have pulled Balo...should have called him to the sideline chewed him out but left him on as Balo would have been held accountable for his actions from there on.

I could kind of agree with this....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
So what about Joe Hart's celebration after he scored wasn't that rubbing it in????? he scored so it doesn't matter.
Mancini handled that wrong....he should not have pulled Balo...should have called him to the sideline chewed him out but left him on as Balo would have been held accountable for his actions from there on.

Isn't that in essence what Mancini has been doing ever since Balotelli's been with City?  Isn't that in essence what all of his coaches, at every stop, has been doing with him... pulling him aside and having a quiet talk with him hoping the message will sink in? 

Allyuh men completely overlooking the issue of the stage on which this played out too, a showcase opportunity for American fans.  And before allyuh start with allyuh anti-American nonsense, I talking about from City's perspective, this is a new audience for them (when last have they even played in the US?).  This is a huge marketing opportunity for them particularly as they fighting so hard (against the odds) to be seen as a legitimate Big Four contender.  Yuh doh take yuh goods to market in a new town, set up yuh stall, spread yuh fruits and then take ah shit in front of it and still expect people tuh come and buy.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
As I see it when Mancini pulled him off, he showed Balotelli up but left Balo with no room to make amends. By calling him to the sideline Mancini could have publicly reprimanded him but left the onus on Balotelli to redeem himself.
Yes Bakes they are trying to sell a product but the US crowd is accustomed to the T.O's and Ochocincos.

Mancini's concern should be that he has at least 40 games that matter and that he needs to have all his strikers focused. Balotelli was playing well, having fun and relaxed and Mancini needed to recognize that and turn it to his advantage. He is dealing with a professional who is a child and he needs to turn that child into man and admonishing that child isn't always the best solution. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

Isn't that in essence what Mancini has been doing ever since Balotelli's been with City?  Isn't that in essence what all of his coaches, at every stop, has been doing with him... pulling him aside and having a quiet talk with him hoping the message will sink in? 

Allyuh men completely overlooking the issue of the stage on which this played out too, a showcase opportunity for American fans.  And before allyuh start with allyuh anti-American nonsense, I talking about from City's perspective, this is a new audience for them (when last have they even played in the US?).  This is a huge marketing opportunity for them particularly as they fighting so hard (against the odds) to be seen as a legitimate Big Four contender.  Yuh doh take yuh goods to market in a new town, set up yuh stall, spread yuh fruits and then take ah shit in front of it and still expect people tuh come and buy.

If that attempt had scored, or if Mancini didn't make his frustration public I think the public image of Man City in the U.S. among those who matter, would have been unaffected.  Men woulda watch Balo and bawl "yuh cocky bastard", smirk and forget about that one time...Some mighta even smile at his audacity.  Mancini's reaction, even if completely justified could ironically have the effect of showcasing and drawing more attention to the shit Balo took in front of the stall.  6 of one, half dozen of the other if yuh arks me....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »
There is no way Balotelli thought he was offside. It wasnt even close, and he sprinted past the last defender to get the ball.

He try a ting....same situation as de arab fella wid de penalty last week...except he failed miserably  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had he held his hand up and apologised, or even tried to laugh it off, his teammates and the crowd might have forgiven him (Mancini would probably have still been vex)...but he then made things worse by playin as if thaz what he meant to do :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I doh blame him for trying, football is about entertainment, and this was just a preseason friendly... but this fella is a dunce  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:50:52 AM by Ryan »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Mancini right! any coach with some kinda gusto woulda do the same thing.

"Come off meh f**king field if yuh eh serious"..  And lucky yuh eh colleck ah hard slap on de way to de showers.

dis ain't no kumbaya, the football is serious business. Plenty players get haul off for plenty less.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
As I see it when Mancini pulled him off, he showed Balotelli up but left Balo with no room to make amends. By calling him to the sideline Mancini could have publicly reprimanded him but left the onus on Balotelli to redeem himself.
Yes Bakes they are trying to sell a product but the US crowd is accustomed to the T.O's and Ochocincos.

Mancini's concern should be that he has at least 40 games that matter and that he needs to have all his strikers focused. Balotelli was playing well, having fun and relaxed and Mancini needed to recognize that and turn it to his advantage. He is dealing with a professional who is a child and he needs to turn that child into man and admonishing that child isn't always the best solution. 

Tough shit for Balo. If he wants to play and entertain fans then he needs to build a good reputation first. If Messi had done this, then ppl would shrug it off because they would know for sure that Messi is not tryna be an ass. Balo, we dont know. Therefore, balo shouldnt try shit like this. He made his bed...
Hart for president

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »

If that attempt had scored, or if Mancini didn't make his frustration public I think the public image of Man City in the U.S. among those who matter, would have been unaffected.  Men woulda watch Balo and bawl "yuh cocky bastard", smirk and forget about that one time...Some mighta even smile at his audacity.  Mancini's reaction, even if completely justified could ironically have the effect of showcasing and drawing more attention to the shit Balo took in front of the stall.  6 of one, half dozen of the other if yuh arks me....

I disagree. There are alot of American soccer fans who know of Balo's reputation. Long gone is the day and age when a ManCity player is a complete unknown in America. He was booed off the pitch. That should tell you what they thought of it.
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:10 AM »

"Come off meh f**king field if yuh eh serious"..  And lucky yuh eh colleck ah hard slap on de way to de showers.

dis ain't no kumbaya, the football is serious business. Plenty players get haul off for plenty less.

He lucky Fenwick aint he coach  :devil:
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

What advantage??!!  ???
Hart for president

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
His body language was exactly as if he thought the ref blew the whistle.
Black man can't catch a break.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
What's all the fuss about? the man thought he was flagged for off side, look @ the clip properly and see how he slowed down his run after he entered the box. that's what he was trying to tell mancini but he was too irate tuh listen.

all this fuss came about BC it's balotelli, and balo hasn't done himself any favors to get the benefit of the doubt from all his shenanigans in the past.

here's another balotelli hater moment from the hater yankee commentators.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUH0pnXpGlA&NR=1

PS: look allyuh boy birchall from the penalty spot 6:15 min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBF2FKO7BI8&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:33:22 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>