March 28, 2024, 10:20:41 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160629 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: These English Commentators
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »
I accept that the kid is immature and is a character but the comments being hurled at him are completely unnecessary ...the fox guys are in a studio watching the game and they are saying his teammates are avoiding making eye contact like they are down on the f**king field. I'm watching him as a forward and I've seen Drogba and Rooney make the same type of tackles where their team is down and they are trying to pick it up.
Yuh could swear that the man kill priest.

I posted about the commentary today over in the Arsenal thread... I dunno who de fella was but he was talking pure shit about the Sagna tackle.  But allyuh using that example and trying to make it seem that it is representative of the commentary on Balotelli, which to me it isn't.  I think all in all the commentary on him this season has been fair.... and definitely deserved.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »
Everything the youth does is scrutinised. He got in an accident, it makes news. He cheated on his girlfriend, it makes news. Why isn't Giggs placed under this type of scrutiny or even Terry? Suaraz got an 8 match ban, we didn't see camera crews posted outside his house. Balotelli lit a firework, it makes news. All his off field antics are tamed when compared to those of other ballers yet he is constantly in he headlines. I guess he's the new poster boy, it used to be Ashley Cole.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:18:36 PM by congo »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »
Do you all remember when Rooney was sent off in 2006 for the stamp on the portuguese player, the english media immediately went about vilifying Ronaldo for "playing a part" in Rooney's sending off? Even Alan Shearer spoked about what Rooney should do to Ronaldo when he came back to United. Remember Ronaldo wanted to leave England because of death threats etc. Rooney never at fault. The next world cup he cursed the fans live on television. Still no blame or punishment.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
City was playing pure shyte but the focus was on him. There wasn't any focus on why Arteta was being given so much room or that the forwards couldn't get the ball or maybe Mancini isn't all he is made out to be.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
It started in 09' (i think) when Inter played Man U in the champions league and Balotelli said Ronaldo was a diver. Since then hes been the English media's favorite person to attack.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
I have always felt that if a black sportsman is a "character" they are given more publicity than their white counterparts,I have heard it over and over,more often than not the publicity is negative.

giggsy11

« Reply #516 on: April 08, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
Mancini says that Balotelli won't play again this season and would most likely be sold in summer. What exactly is this kid's crime? :bs: :bs:

Balotelli's actions are just a scapegoat for Mancini's poor managerial/man skills and Citeh's failings. He created most of this mess and the outcome. Balotelli's behavior was not a problem as long as Citeh was winning or top. Mancini thought he could do what Jose couldn't!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:28:31 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 08, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »
Who cares , Waste of time team anyway. Money can't buy happiness or success.

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli set to leave after red card
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17652636
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:16:48 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
So u guys saying that the commentators picking on him cause he Black?

or

Allyuh picking up for him cause he black?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
Big up MEP, congo and elan. :cheers:

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »

or

Thank you!

Balotelli is an ass plain and simple. A blind man could see that he was going to get a red card today. I'm sure the ref saw his tackle on Song at half time so he was watching Balotelli closely. Mancini failed the team by not taking him off and Balotelli failed himself by not making any potentially reckless challenges. A pardna of mine describe him as being like Tyson. He lacks insight or the ability to be introspective.
TnT Patriot

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »

or

Thank you!

Balotelli is an ass plain and simple. A blind man could see that he was going to get a red card today. I'm sure the ref saw his tackle on Song at half time so he was watching Balotelli closely. Mancini failed the team by not taking him off and Balotelli failed himself by not making any potentially reckless challenges. A pardna of mine describe him as being like Tyson. He lacks insight or the ability to be introspective.

Finally somebody speak the truth  :beermug: , i fedup of men making excuse for that backside.
Youtube Channel

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
What has he done that is soo much more radical or extreme when compared to other footballers for people to label him as "just an ass". Remember when Ashley Cole was making the news every day. If he smoked, it was an issue. The english media chooses who it wants to be its whipping boy. Why isn't there a circus around John Terry or Suaraz. You mean to tell me that weeks after their respective incidents, these two players haven't parked in a handicapped spot or gotten a parking ticket at least? There is absolutely nothing to report on these 2 players? ::) ::) ::)

Balotelli has done nothing to warrant the sort of attention that he is attracting. The sad thing is that everyone seems to be feeding off this. His own manager talking about punching him in his head if they were teamates and Keane offcourse has a comment to make. All this talk about Balotelli, he still score 17 goals for the season. They want to make Balotelli the scapegoat. When thing was nice, his actions were comical and everyone hug up and laugh. Now the heat getting turned up and all of a sudden it becomes he's too unpredictable and immature. Oh Please.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:19:46 PM by congo »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »
Mancini says that Balotelli won't play again this season and would most likely be sold in summer. What exactly is this kid's crime? :bs: :bs:

Balotelli won't play again because of disciplinary reasons, namely 4 red cards... he's facing a lengthy suspension that has nothing to do with Mancini.  As for him being sold in the summer, I personally have no issue with it, it has nothing to do with "crime"... be brings a lot of unnecessary and unwanted attention to himself and the club and truth is, they have other options, if they can make a profit then they should.

As for the commentators being on his case... that's nonsense.  One or two here and there would bash him, but most describe him for what he is... a character.  All recognize that he's talented, but most are honest when they say he's controversial, mercurial, 'mad cap' etc.

Nah man Bakes man. Really? Dey does be on Balotelli case like white on rice. I'm glad this topic came up because it reminds me of how de police does sometime try to wash off all dey cases when they find a good man to give them all too. Balotelli has become the poster boy for everything that is wrong in life. Not even Man cty, or EPL anymore. that is how far it reach. Shame on dem. I wish they were man enough like Jack in A few good men and say its because he's a big black guy, who happens to be adopted Italian who is f^&king every white girl he gets his hands on. It will get worse. wait till allyuh see the new article where some slut say how he better than Rooney in bed. I quote... Mario is always the man of the match in the bedroom.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 08, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
Somebody merge this with the Balotelli thread please.
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
 I am not picking up for Baloteli because he is a black man. I never even noticed.  On a serious note, De man is not a boxer who is always brawling in de streets for fun. If ah man bun down he house who fackin business is dat? If he crash he bentley why does dat concern dem? He is a kid and kids do childish things but celebritiy-ism invites dat shit and applauds it as well. I actually think he is playing the cult hero game correct if your gonna play dat game. So balotelli crash a Lamborghini next and let me see all dem backside who cant afford one get upset that he can treat such a prized possession like is nothing. Dat is what does hurt dem de most. Allyuh need to stop picking up for dem dam english commentators. Blasted American commentators in MLS does be talking bout Balotelli. He not even in their league! Allyuh good oui.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »

^^^

Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 08, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »
I am not picking up for Baloteli because he is a black man. I never even noticed.  On a serious note, De man is not a boxer who is always brawling in de streets for fun. If ah man bun down he house who fackin business is dat? If he crash he bentley why does dat concern dem? He is a kid and kids do childish things but celebritiy-ism invites dat shit and applauds it as well. I actually think he is playing the cult hero game correct if your gonna play dat game. So balotelli crash a Lamborghini next and let me see all dem backside who cant afford one get upset that he can treat such a prized possession like is nothing. Dat is what does hurt dem de most. Allyuh need to stop picking up for dem dam english commentators. Blasted American commentators in MLS does be talking bout Balotelli. He not even in their league! Allyuh good oui.

Lol... so let me see if I get yuh right:

1. He "bun down he house"
2. Crash he Bentley
3. Is a celebrity who acts like a kid and does "childish things"

...and you seriously don't think any of that should be considered "controversial" behavior... or deserving of criticism?

Okay.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  And then yuh have de cheek to mention Terry and "Suaraz"... Suarez had three incidents to he name: a) Racism charge (he get ah 8-game ban); b) Refuse to shake Evra hand (he get roundly denounced by everybody, including management); c) He show Spurs fans the finger (he get a 1-game suspension).  Other than that some ah dem same commentators allyuh bitching about does be on he case for going down too easy or for kicking wild in the box.  What else yuh want dem to get on Suarez case for?

And Terry??  What Terry doing to merit headlines?  I happen to like Balo, ever since he Inter days.  At the end of the day the man bringing the talk on heself... if he want to play the impish clown prince then nobody cyah be complaining when biggest spotlight in the three-ring circus that is English tabloid journalism end up on him.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:29 AM »

Lol... so let me see if I get yuh right:

1. He "bun down he house"
2. Crash he Bentley
3. Is a celebrity who acts like a kid and does "childish things"

...and you seriously don't think any of that should be considered "controversial" behavior... or deserving of criticism?

Okay.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  And then yuh have de cheek to mention Terry and "Suaraz"... Suarez had three incidents to he name: a) Racism charge (he get ah 8-game ban); b) Refuse to shake Evra hand (he get roundly denounced by everybody, including management); c) He show Spurs fans the finger (he get a 1-game suspension).  Other than that some ah dem same commentators allyuh bitching about does be on he case for going down too easy or for kicking wild in the box.  What else yuh want dem to get on Suarez case for?

And Terry??  What Terry doing to merit headlines?  I happen to like Balo, ever since he Inter days.  At the end of the day the man bringing the talk on heself... if he want to play the impish clown prince then nobody cyah be complaining when biggest spotlight in the three-ring circus that is English tabloid journalism end up on him.

But Bakes ah didnt mention Terry or Suarez. Dat must have been the other guy. ;D
I would admit as you put it that his behavior is controversial and you were talking about the behavior and how negative imapct on the club and all of dat. all of dat I agree with. Im saying that they cant make de man to be the "every thing bad about football / life fall guy" This is my only argument.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 09, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »
This is the same Balotelli who went in a school with a boy that was being bullied and confronted the bully. This is the same Balotelli that bought drinks  for everyone in a local pub. This is the same Balotelli that handed a homeless man a handful of notes.

Both Terry and Suarez have been accused and even punished for behaviour worst than Balotelli yet nobody seems to hang on their every word or movement. John Terry sleep with his best friend's wife and then had racism accusations levelled against him. He lost the captaincy twice and they still trying to reinstate him.

I suppose to beat up on Balotelli for a couple bad tackles here and there or because he almost burnt his house down? What has he done on the pitch or even off the pitch to warrant his reputation? They're singling out Balotelli. Frigging Jamie Rednapp say that he acts as though he feels he's a Ronaldo or Messi. Other commentators talking about crossing the street if they seem him walking towards them? There is a witch hunt taking place here. Who wants to see it let them see it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:56:23 AM by congo »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 09, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »

or

Thank you!

So they not? i take it allyuh don't believe in "WHITE" privilege? and all the way from trinidad too. so allyuh not really familiar with how things works in the outside world, particularly europe ? well if that's the case then i'm here to say that the things ah white boy could do and get away wid, more than likely, ah black boy would not be able too.

and yeh balotelli is ah mischievous immature fella, but the scrutiny he gets from the english media is unwarranted. and BTW, the first tackle was bad and he deserved to get a red, but it was not a malicious challenge like the one on scott parker.

as for siding with balotelli bc he's black, i think that's pure rubbish! IMO congo and MEP siding with him bc he's being vilified "ONLY" bc he's black! allyuh fellas really need a stint in the whiteman world for allyuh eyes to see the truth yes! yeh mario is ah dunce, a trouble maker and a problem child, but he still don't deserve all the bad media attention.

PS: i've seen kenwyne scored better goals than crouch, including the volley crouch scored recently, and right away it was applauded and touted by the british media as candidate for goal of the season, when KJ scored ah scorcher against spurs last season, and all they said was that the goal was a great goal, but no mention of goal of the season. crouch also scored and lucky header yesterday, and they was wetting their draws, when i've seen KJ scored better headers and it went unnoticed.

this british and yankee media on real white hope business oui, and allyuh trini boys need tuh chill when ppl who know the deal talk on the matter! weh allyuh feel, ppl just out their minds by bringing it up?? allyuh need tuh get real!

if allyuh don't believe me, just watch how they treat floyd mayweather, and has treated greats like lennox lewis, bernard hopkins and zab judah in the media , compared to the klitchko brothers, kelly pavlick and paulie malanagi, red carpet for those guys, but pure rough up and indignation for the former.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:02:58 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 09, 2012, 03:55:58 AM »
I think a few are really thinking about this far too deeply, its more the Press finding a scapegoat who is an easy target and as they do sensationalising it.

Balotelli is mad as a box of frogs and a very easy target for them, gives them guaranteed weekly headlines whether on the pitch or off for both good and bad reasons seemingly in equal measure with absolutely no chance of predicting which way. 

For me he's a bit like the celebrities that court all the publicity for their own reasons (either good or bad) and as soon as they have "made it" suddenly the press is an intrusion.

There has been very little real criticism of Mancini, simply because the papers want stories from Man City so have to be careful what they say, but Balotelli appears one of his favourites and I suspect the constant barrage on him is their way of getting to Mancini.

As for bias of course there is, always has been always will be, its like when Scholes does a bad tackle that other players would be sent off for, you usually hear " A typical Scholesy tackle", or Lampard, Terry etc. the usual phrase being something like "the crowd want 11 players kept on the pitch" etc.  Since when has the press ever been even handed and fair, doesn't make it right but its a very poor part of our game.

I don't think it has anything with him being black, he has mad eyes and that silly glare that can be very intimidating.  His stamp was very poor, his challenge yesterday was very poor, I think he probably does feel persecuted by the way he goes on like "Why Always Me" T Shirt, but boy does he make it easy for them to do it.  Its obvious Mancini has tried with him, but the lad also has an agent and needs to sort himself out. IT will all be forgotten and tomorrows chip papers until the inquest starts in a couple of weeks. 

Man City have been intent on buying the best players they can, ignoring the other side, Balotelli, Tevez, Adebayor and its cost them dearly.  The excuse being trotted out by some "pundits" is their squad isn't strong enough, go figure.  Yesterday shouldn't of happened, it was obvious to everybody he was going to get sent off at some point, Mancini made the mistake of leaving him on the pitch and he's made quite a few given the resources he has had.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:36 AM »
Ah wasn't even goin' and comment on this thread 'til tonight, but ah change meh mind and now allyuh go make meh late fuh de pepople dem wuk....I believe Balo have some issues.  I will go to meh grave sayin' it again:  knowing dem italians as I do having worked around them, (especially the arrogant, mob-affiliated, spoilt, uneducated lil brats it have runnin' round in nyc) I can only imagine what he must have gone through growing up in italy....I could be wrong, but I'll die wrong and I think whatever issues he has, revolves aroung his whole situation in his upbringing.  That said, I think the scrutiny and overly undue criticism he receives in the media, does not help him any more than his critics say his own antics don't either.  To me, most of the "outrageous" things he has done, just boils down to immaturity. 

Ok, so he was caught speeding with 5000 pounds cash in his possession and the media made a big deal out of his response to the cop when asked why he had so much cash on him.  The cop got the answer he dam well deserved!
So what if he was speeding? That IS one offence the British media have a lust for reporting every time aone of them footballers get caught.  Everybody all around the world speeds.

Men say he nearly "bun down he house"....he didn't.  he was playing with fireworks, something that little boys and grown men all around the world do.  Yes he might have ben a little careless with the fireworks, I don't know, I wasn't there.  A fire in a room got a little out of control.  The house and its foundation is still intact.  Nor do I think he had to move out for repairs.   I nearly "bun dong my house" once when I was small playin' with fire and the waste paper basket ketch right under d curtains in d bedroom....lix in meh ass.  If he ded it playing with gasoline in the house, I would say it was a big problem

He got "caught" wearing an AC Milan jersey on a television show.  I watched the video....it looked like some kinda prank/dare/joke thing going on and he played along.  Big f**kin' deal!!  men does leave Barca and go and play fuh Madrid, and vice versa.  Leave one Milan team and go and play fuh the other.  People need to get over that. 

He crash de Inter coach press conference last week and yes, that was inappropriate and selfish and a little immature.  It made for a good laugh. 

He cheat on he gyul.........so have 90% of all men on this planet.  I go wait until he bull he brother gyul, he teammate wife or something like dat before I call him out on his choices in sex partners. 

He was trowin' darts at some yutes as a prank. Immature and foolish.  Ah woulda blast him even more (no pun intended) if he wave a gun around and point it at somebody.

All dem offences dey, doh add up to much to me.  He IS immature.....so he needs to be groomed some more with some good parenting and guidance from without....I will worry if he's doing the same things in 5 or more years. 

People doh like his "attitude" on the pitch. He is petulant, he scowls and he plays joyless football.......I used to say the same about andy cole....he used to score plenty fuh manu, too, so his expression meant nothing after a while....to me.  Allyuh ever watch how restrained metronaldo does be most times when his teammates score....as opposed to when HE score?  He doh seem to like it too much.  Who cares?

Balo have a disciplinary problem/record that stems from some of his tackles and sometimes from his.....reputation.  So did Mikel for his first few seasons at Chelsea and so did Essien......they don't seem to have that problem anymore.  They "matured".  So did rooney....well...the jury still out on rooney because the same FA that is likely to come down on Balo for that "disgraceful" tackle on song, is the same FA that appealing for UEFA to lighten the sentence on rooney fuh ressin' a tackle on a man akin to the kick that totti put on Balotelli a few seasons ago.  The same sentence that the british media blasted as being "harsh" while calling roony's tackle "wreckless".  (I didn't hear jamie redknapp call it "disgraceful" though...but maybe he did and I didn't hear him.) stevie g up to a couple seasons ago, was always good for a few break-foot, potentially career-ending tackles like the one on song, per season.  Nobody ever called it disgraceful. (and he like to fight in bars, too). I never heard commentators ever saying about rooney and his nasty behaviour on the pitch that he "can't be trusted".  f**k, rooney couldn't be trusted either because if the refs weren't so lenient on him, he was getting sent off at least 5 times per season for his tackles AND for his dissent. Anybody want to argue that?

All this being said, it is obvious where I stand...I DO think they hammer the boy too much.  You can hear it in their tone and with their choice of words and Mancini is no help either.  He might need some tough love, he might even need some professional help, but it's open season on him and everybody taken their turns.  Listening to redknapp and them, you would think that city's entire collapse was because of him.  FOH!

I WILL defend him because he black ust like I am quite sure some of the harshness of his criticisms come from the fact that he is black.  All who want to pretend we live in a fair and balanced society could come and still find the streets of nyc paved in gold.

It was good to see that the ONLY media person that offered a balanced view was....the black man on sky sports.  He asked the newspaper guy if he thinks all the criticism is fair and he even pointed out that city's recent implosion coincided with Tevez' return. 
It was ALSO nice to see that the one man that tried to come to his defence of that second yellow, was the man he was goin' and fight with over the free-kick. 

jamie redknapp saw nothing wrong with any of his tackles outside of the one he put on song (the same kinda tackle that pepe put on alves) but he also saw it fit to see nothing wrong with sagna tryin' all game long to earn Balotelli a card with EVERY tackle he put in. THAT was disgraceful. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:54 AM »
Excellent Post Mango Chow!!!

You saved me alot of typing there, lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 09, 2012, 04:53:30 AM »
Good post mango chow, nuff men on here getting hoodwinked by the media as usual. some ah dem need tuh do some traveling and see how easy these folks does come down on black athletes and entertainers, real haterade and jealousy business if yuh ask me.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 09, 2012, 05:39:35 AM »
Ah wasn't even goin' and comment on this thread 'til tonight, but ah change meh mind and now allyuh go make meh late fuh de pepople dem wuk....I believe Balo have some issues.  I will go to meh grave sayin' it again:  knowing dem italians as I do having worked around them, (especially the arrogant, mob-affiliated, spoilt, uneducated lil brats it have runnin' round in nyc) I can only imagine what he must have gone through growing up in italy....I could be wrong, but I'll die wrong and I think whatever issues he has, revolves aroung his whole situation in his upbringing.  That said, I think the scrutiny and overly undue criticism he receives in the media, does not help him any more than his critics say his own antics don't either.  To me, most of the "outrageous" things he has done, just boils down to immaturity. 

Ok, so he was caught speeding with 5000 pounds cash in his possession and the media made a big deal out of his response to the cop when asked why he had so much cash on him.  The cop got the answer he dam well deserved!
So what if he was speeding? That IS one offence the British media have a lust for reporting every time aone of them footballers get caught.  Everybody all around the world speeds.

Men say he nearly "bun down he house"....he didn't.  he was playing with fireworks, something that little boys and grown men all around the world do.  Yes he might have ben a little careless with the fireworks, I don't know, I wasn't there.  A fire in a room got a little out of control.  The house and its foundation is still intact.  Nor do I think he had to move out for repairs.   I nearly "bun dong my house" once when I was small playin' with fire and the waste paper basket ketch right under d curtains in d bedroom....lix in meh ass.  If he ded it playing with gasoline in the house, I would say it was a big problem

He got "caught" wearing an AC Milan jersey on a television show.  I watched the video....it looked like some kinda prank/dare/joke thing going on and he played along.  Big f**kin' deal!!  men does leave Barca and go and play fuh Madrid, and vice versa.  Leave one Milan team and go and play fuh the other.  People need to get over that. 

He crash de Inter coach press conference last week and yes, that was inappropriate and selfish and a little immature.  It made for a good laugh. 

He cheat on he gyul.........so have 90% of all men on this planet.  I go wait until he bull he brother gyul, he teammate wife or something like dat before I call him out on his choices in sex partners. 

He was trowin' darts at some yutes as a prank. Immature and foolish.  Ah woulda blast him even more (no pun intended) if he wave a gun around and point it at somebody.

All dem offences dey, doh add up to much to me.  He IS immature.....so he needs to be groomed some more with some good parenting and guidance from without....I will worry if he's doing the same things in 5 or more years. 

People doh like his "attitude" on the pitch. He is petulant, he scowls and he plays joyless football.......I used to say the same about andy cole....he used to score plenty fuh manu, too, so his expression meant nothing after a while....to me.  Allyuh ever watch how restrained metronaldo does be most times when his teammates score....as opposed to when HE score?  He doh seem to like it too much.  Who cares?

Balo have a disciplinary problem/record that stems from some of his tackles and sometimes from his.....reputation.  So did Mikel for his first few seasons at Chelsea and so did Essien......they don't seem to have that problem anymore.  They "matured".  So did rooney....well...the jury still out on rooney because the same FA that is likely to come down on Balo for that "disgraceful" tackle on song, is the same FA that appealing for UEFA to lighten the sentence on rooney fuh ressin' a tackle on a man akin to the kick that totti put on Balotelli a few seasons ago.  The same sentence that the british media blasted as being "harsh" while calling roony's tackle "wreckless".  (I didn't hear jamie redknapp call it "disgraceful" though...but maybe he did and I didn't hear him.) stevie g up to a couple seasons ago, was always good for a few break-foot, potentially career-ending tackles like the one on song, per season.  Nobody ever called it disgraceful. (and he like to fight in bars, too). I never heard commentators ever saying about rooney and his nasty behaviour on the pitch that he "can't be trusted".  f**k, rooney couldn't be trusted either because if the refs weren't so lenient on him, he was getting sent off at least 5 times per season for his tackles AND for his dissent. Anybody want to argue that?

All this being said, it is obvious where I stand...I DO think they hammer the boy too much.  You can hear it in their tone and with their choice of words and Mancini is no help either.  He might need some tough love, he might even need some professional help, but it's open season on him and everybody taken their turns.  Listening to redknapp and them, you would think that city's entire collapse was because of him.  FOH!

I WILL defend him because he black ust like I am quite sure some of the harshness of his criticisms come from the fact that he is black.  All who want to pretend we live in a fair and balanced society could come and still find the streets of nyc paved in gold.

It was good to see that the ONLY media person that offered a balanced view was....the black man on sky sports.  He asked the newspaper guy if he thinks all the criticism is fair and he even pointed out that city's recent implosion coincided with Tevez' return. 
It was ALSO nice to see that the one man that tried to come to his defence of that second yellow, was the man he was goin' and fight with over the free-kick. 

jamie redknapp saw nothing wrong with any of his tackles outside of the one he put on song (the same kinda tackle that pepe put on alves) but he also saw it fit to see nothing wrong with sagna tryin' all game long to earn Balotelli a card with EVERY tackle he put in. THAT was disgraceful. 

well f**king said

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
Ah think Chow sum it up dey. If Balo was such a contentious fella why he didnt aggravate the situation when Santos drag him down and then have de gall to argue with him. Balo just run off and leave he and de ref to deal with it. He is more like a wounded child than the mad bulldog he is made out to be. Give dem hell Balo because dont matter what yuh do they aint go love you. Lastly (and its a white american that said this today) If Balo last name was something like toure, something more african sounding,  he would have gotten less strife for the same actions. But de yuteman toatin Balotelli so yuh done know!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 09, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
Ivanovic facing three-match ban for punching Maloney in build-up to winner against Wigan
By Sami Mokbel

Branislav Ivanovic is set to be banned for three matches for punching Shaun Maloney in the stomach.
The incident came as Wigan attacked moments before Chelsea broke down the field to score the stoppage time goal.
Juan Mata's already-controversial winner against Wigan on Saturday has been revealed to be even more of an unfair blow to the Latics survival hopes than it first appeared.
Referee Mike Jones missed the off-the-ball incident but FA disciplinary chiefs have been made aware of the incident and seem likely to reprimand Ivanovic.

Read more:

Most people don't even know this is a current issue, but Ballotelli getting smashed for tackles.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:29 AM »
Rooney free to face Chelsea as FA confirm no action over Manchester United striker's elbow on McCarthy
By Sportsmail Reporter

Wayne Rooney will face no disciplinary action for his attack on Wigan's James McCarthy at the DW Stadium on Saturday.

Television replays clearly showed Rooney swipe McCarthy on the back of his head with an elbow after the midfielder had appeared set to block the Manchester United striker's run.

At the time referee Mark Clattenburg awarded a free-kick and, after contacting the official, the FA have been told the official feels he administered the appropriate action, which leaves the governing body powerless to launch disciplinary proceedings against the 25-year-old.

'Mark took the correct course of action with this incident,' said Professional Game Match Officials general manager Mike Riley.

'Match officials are trained to prioritise following the ball, as that is where the greater majority of incidents are going to take place.

'However, we also do a lot of work around the area of peripheral vision to be aware of anything that might potentially happen off-the-ball.

'In this incident Mark was following play but caught sight of two players coming together and he awarded a free-kick because he believed one player had impeded the other.

'We should be clear that Mark did nothing wrong in officiating this incident as he acted on what he saw on the pitch.'

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez claimed if Clattenburg had seen the incident properly the offence would have warranted a straight red card, a view endorsed later that evening on Match of the Day by Alan Hansen, who suggested Rooney was 'in big trouble'.
However, the disciplinary process is complex in the sense that the FA are not allowed by FIFA to take further action on incidents already dealt with by the referee.

In addition, world football's governing body frowns upon the idea that referees could go into a game believing they have a 'get-out' of trial by video, as is the case in both codes of rugby, where Rooney would almost certainly have been cited given the severity of the incident.

It meant that Clattenburg would first of all have had to admitted he did not see the incident and then explain exactly what he gave the free-kick for given the striker committed no other offence.

Sir Alex Ferguson will no doubt be gratified at knowing his £27million front-man will be available for tomorrow's trip to Chelsea and next weekend's encounter with Liverpool at Anfield, having claimed on Saturday the media would try to 'electrocute' Rooney.
But the manner in which this case has been dealt with is bound to bring more calls for the widespread use of video technology.

Such demands reached a crescendo following last summer's World Cup final but so far FIFA president Sepp Blatter, whose organisation would have to give the green light for technology to be used, has been implacably resistant to such calls.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti does not have any issue with Rooney playing against his team in Tuesday's Premier League match at Stamford Bridge.
He said: 'If these are the rules and the FA decide this, I am happy to play against Rooney.'

What did I do  :o
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 09, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
But Bakes ah didnt mention Terry or Suarez. Dat must have been the other guy. ;D
I would admit as you put it that his behavior is controversial and you were talking about the behavior and how negative imapct on the club and all of dat. all of dat I agree with. Im saying that they cant make de man to be the "every thing bad about football / life fall guy" This is my only argument.

lol... yeah that was more fuh Congo.

1]; } ?>