March 28, 2024, 01:47:46 PM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160638 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #870 on: February 17, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »
Good goal super Mario, looking forward to seeing you do some damage in Brazo  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 17, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
To you fellas here who blame the GK....allyuh mad and insane.

Well that's your opinion.  The keeper was staring at the shot the entire way yet didn't even make a move until very late.  By then the ball was already past him.  Not his fault I suppose... maybe it was the cement shoes and the sedatives in his system.
allyuh men love to blame goalies boy...no keeper was saving that. It looked to me like the keeper thought it was going overbars.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 17, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
To you fellas here who blame the GK....allyuh mad and insane.

Well that's your opinion.  The keeper was staring at the shot the entire way yet didn't even make a move until very late.  By then the ball was already past him.  Not his fault I suppose... maybe it was the cement shoes and the sedatives in his system.
allyuh men love to blame goalies boy...no keeper was saving that. It looked to me like the keeper thought it was going overbars.

If was Saurez or Gerard it would have been perfect. You see how much celebration for a "goal" that did not score from Suarez. Yet the keeper was a bit slack when comes to Balo.   :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 17, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »

First off I never blame the keeper for the goal... I said he had to share in the blame.  The other side of the coin is that it was a fantastic strike by Balotelli... nobody taking anything away from Balotelli, unlike what Elan and a couple others implying.  If YOU self saying it look like the keeper thought it was going overbars then that is precisely why I blaming him and saying he could have done better.  Even if he thought it was going overbars why didn't he at least track the ball and cover the goal all the same?  Instead he try to play it off like he eh have to move for that it going high... then he see it start to dip.  It was too late by then.  So how is my assessment wrong?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 17, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »

First off I never blame the keeper for the goal... I said he had to share in the blame.  The other side of the coin is that it was a fantastic strike by Balotelli... nobody taking anything away from Balotelli, unlike what Elan and a couple others implying.  If YOU self saying it look like the keeper thought it was going overbars then that is precisely why I blaming him and saying he could have done better.  Even if he thought it was going overbars why didn't he at least track the ball and cover the goal all the same?  Instead he try to play it off like he eh have to move for that it going high... then he see it start to dip.  It was too late by then.  So how is my assessment wrong?

WAH???   Bakes you need to leave the explanation for players.  Track the ball?  Anybody see Balo chip the ball?   :rotfl:   Don't get tie up eh.  Watching from the stands and playing on the field is two different thing.  It's not as far away as you think so no time really to do anything when the ball is struck that well. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 18, 2014, 01:24:17 AM »

WAH???   Bakes you need to leave the explanation for players.  Track the ball?  Anybody see Balo chip the ball?   :rotfl:   Don't get tie up eh.  Watching from the stands and playing on the field is two different thing.  It's not as far away as you think so no time really to do anything when the ball is struck that well. 

As ah reading bakes comment i thinking de same thing, de keeper ent have no time to " track de ball and cover the goal"  ... dat was ah flekin BULLET ... keeper eh have no time to even think far less move.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:23 AM »
As ah reading bakes comment i thinking de same thing, de keeper ent have no time to " track de ball and cover the goal"  ... dat was ah flekin BULLET ... keeper eh have no time to even think far less move.

So since I should leave de commenting to "players"... which teams both ah allyuh play for?  "Track de ball" simply means move tpwards the direction of the flight of the ball. 

Watch the reaction of the keeper at around :49... is like he transfixed by the shot, didn't even start to move until the shot start dipping.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MQYkKUQQa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5MQYkKUQQa0</a>

Now watch Szczesny on Suarez' shot vs. Arsenal last week...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0g1VyTpopI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c0g1VyTpopI</a>

Suarez bullet was even more ferocious than Balotelli's from just about the same distance, arriving even faster than Balotelli's shot. Szczesny was standing more or less in the same spot as the Bologna keeper... yet he had time react and dive in an attempt to make a save... but this keeper didn't have time to think?  Allyuh is jokers yes.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 18, 2014, 06:21:26 AM »

So since I should leave de commenting to "players"... which teams both ah allyuh play for?  "Track de ball" simply means move tpwards the direction of the flight of the ball. 

Watch the reaction of the keeper at around :49... is like he transfixed by the shot, didn't even start to move until the shot start dipping.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MQYkKUQQa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5MQYkKUQQa0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0g1VyTpopI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c0g1VyTpopI</a>

Suarez bullet was even more ferocious than Balotelli's from just about the same distance, arriving even faster than Balotelli's shot. Szczesny was standing more or less in the same spot as the Bologna keeper... yet he had time react and dive in an attempt to make a save... but this keeper didn't have time to think?  Allyuh is jokers yes.

Nah Bakes...yuh drink one ah dem Trinidad Orange Juice....LOL :rotfl: Completely different scenarios, completely different angles, completely different shots. I will say it again....

....it would have taken an incredibly quick adjustment on recognizing the flight of the ball to even take the extra step needed to attempt to get his top hand to the ball. 

I'll add....the trajectory of the shot would have forced the GK to dive backwards at an angle. That adjustment alone would probably take at least .5 seconds. And since the ball when stuck with a certain amount of force moves faster than any human being can, The GK had no time to make the necessary adjustment.  His best chance to make a save on the shot was to literally be on the goal line about another 45-60 cms to his right, which from that distance...he would get level cuss at it would be very bad positioning to be on your goal line when the ball is 30-35 yards away.

Next argument Bakes  :)
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2014, 07:10:41 AM »
Ray Hodgson: 5 keepers would not have saved that.

Christian Vieri: thought the keeper should have done better on the 35 meter strike.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen footage of a camera angle from behind the goal. HOWEVER, having replayed the available footage repeatedly on DVR ... minutes before posting this ... Curci's view was obscured momentarily b/c of the defender's position ... on a disguised shot generated with lots of power and visibly little backlift in real time (in slow motion the backlift is much more evident, but it was a snap strike off of 2 seemingly casual touches).  Observe Curci and you'll notice that he's trying to get a visual of the ball ... (look at his hands and his posture) ... by the time the ball was well en route to the back of the net, it was too late for him to adjust. It's very difficult to definitively fault Curci on that strike.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:12:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:41 AM »
Suarez's effort and Balo's goal are a stretch of comparison vis-a-vis the goalkeeping. Aside from there being 2 different keepers, the scenarios are different: dynamic play versus a set-piece. Even if yuh abstract that away ... other variables make the comparison problematic. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »

Not about the same distance at all. Balo's was further from the goal line and wider.

It was obvious from the time Suarez struck the ball that it was low enough to be on frame, prompting the keeper to dive right away. Also from the way Suarez struck the ball (a hook motion, rather than Balo's swipe across the back of the ball) the goalie could much more easily tell where the ball was going.

Poor comparison all round.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
Ray Hodgson: 5 keepers would not have saved that.

Christian Vieri: thought the keeper should have done better on the 35 meter strike.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen footage of a camera angle from behind the goal. HOWEVER, having replayed the available footage repeatedly on DVR ... minutes before posting this ... Curci's view was obscured momentarily b/c of the defender's position ... on a disguised shot generated with lots of power and visibly little backlift in real time (in slow motion the backlift is much more evident, but it was a snap strike off of 2 seemingly casual touches).  Observe Curci and you'll notice that he's trying to get a visual of the ball ... (look at his hands and his posture) ... by the time the ball was well en route to the back of the net, it was too late for him to adjust. It's very difficult to definitively fault Curci on that strike.

Daiz it they, for keepers to be effective, they must see when that ball is struck and the keeper was struggling to see when he hit it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 18, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »

First off I never blame the keeper for the goal... I said he had to share in the blame.  The other side of the coin is that it was a fantastic strike by Balotelli... nobody taking anything away from Balotelli, unlike what Elan and a couple others implying.  If YOU self saying it look like the keeper thought it was going overbars then that is precisely why I blaming him and saying he could have done better.   Even if he thought it was going overbars why didn't he at least track the ball and cover the goal all the same?  Instead he try to play it off like he eh have to move for that it going high... then he see it start to dip.  It was too late by then.  So how is my assessment wrong?
Bakes playing with allyuh. As per quote. He blaming or not ? Who he sharing the blame with, Balo ?  Should have Balo taken a better shot and Score ? How yuh sharing that blame, 50/50, 25.25/74.75 ? If is a fantastic strike by Balo, wouldn't the keeper have had to make a fantastic save to stop it, is he partly to blame for a non-fantastic save ?   ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:20:33 AM by maxg »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 18, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
This is the shit I does be talking about when it comes to Balotelli. The man score a spectacular goal and it have to be debated, defended instead of just celebrating it. Anyone else and it would be the absolute best. Then men does want to turn around a Balotelli problems are his doing.

Suarez had a free shot de other day and hit the post, with no pressure and almost dead center. Yet he get celebrated with utmost conviction.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 18, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
Ray Hodgudson: 5 keepers would not have saved that.

From the beginning I faulted him for being slow to react... maybe there was a legitimate reason and this is it.  That is all I saying all along.  Man want to talk about how many centimeters on the goal line and proper GPS coordinates from the corner flag he needed to be to make a perfect save.  I fault him for his judgment/effort, not for NOT making the save. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »

Not about the same distance at all. Balo's was further from the goal line and wider.

It was obvious from the time Suarez struck the ball that it was low enough to be on frame, prompting the keeper to dive right away. Also from the way Suarez struck the ball (a hook motion, rather than Balo's swipe across the back of the ball) the goalie could much more easily tell where the ball was going.

Poor comparison all round.

Poor comparison all around... yet it making my case.  Balotelli's was further out, giving the keeper more time to react, yet he was slow to react.  He didn't react right away to the shot because according to you, it wasn't obvious it was going to be on frame... in other words, he thought it was going high.  I said that about two days ago... but I talking shit.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 18, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »

Bakes playing with allyuh. As per quote. He blaming or not ? Who he sharing the blame with, Balo ?  Should have Balo taken a better shot and Score ? How yuh sharing that blame, 50/50, 25.25/74.75 ? If is a fantastic strike by Balo, wouldn't the keeper have had to make a fantastic save to stop it, is he partly to blame for a non-fantastic save ?   ;D

Absolutely he sharing "blame" with Balotelli for the goal... is Balotelli score it, no?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »

Absolutely he sharing "blame" with Balotelli for the goal... is Balotelli score it, no?
:applause:  :D

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 18, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
If the ball is well hit with power you getting string up.   Plain and simple. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9LFCSFPlU   

I also saw Spann it a free kick against Keller in that GC.  The bend on that ball was so wicked if it was on target it would have been majorly embarrassing.   Keller had no chance.  Simply put you can't be in two places at once.   ;D

Even this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKhuk8hF9CU

Again Keeper in good position but when that ball level out and cut/dip or move.  The pace on it is not savable by humans.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:34:56 PM by Preacher »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:40 AM »

It dipped... it didn't swerve.  The dip of the ball doesn't explain why he didn't react to the flight of the ball despite watching it the entire way.  Not saying he absolutely at fault because he didn't stop it... I'm saying he's partially at fault for not being in better position to make a play on the ball.

Spend some time on a ball field.

Plus there was no way he could make the leap from his ready position, he had to adjust his feet first then jump.
And the keeper had a split second to react.
And making a backward leaping save has to be the hardest save to make.
Yet you want to mock the keeper for not doing better.

If the keeper had saved that it woulda been save of the year.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

First off I never blame the keeper for the goal... I said he had to share in the blame.  The other side of the coin is that it was a fantastic strike by Balotelli... nobody taking anything away from Balotelli, unlike what Elan and a couple others implying.  If YOU self saying it look like the keeper thought it was going overbars then that is precisely why I blaming him and saying he could have done better.   Even if he thought it was going overbars why didn't he at least track the ball and cover the goal all the same?  Instead he try to play it off like he eh have to move for that it going high... then he see it start to dip.  It was too late by then.  So how is my assessment wrong?

:rotfl: :rotfl: thanks more the morning laugh

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 19, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

Plus there was no way he could make the leap from his ready position, he had to adjust his feet first then jump.

Why you doh hush yuh ass?  What "ball field" you ever spend time on that make you some expert? You see me "mock" any keeper?  To hear some ah allyuh talk yuh swear allyuh kick professional ball or something.  The only person in here who opinion I giving any kinda credence is Richard G., even though I maintain my disagreement with him, at least he have the experience to back up what he saying unlike you and Preacher.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 19, 2014, 03:43:05 PM »

Why you doh hush yuh ass?  What "ball field" you ever spend time on that make you some expert? You see me "mock" any keeper?  To hear some ah allyuh talk yuh swear allyuh kick professional ball or something.  The only person in here who opinion I giving any kinda credence is Richard G., even though I maintain my disagreement with him, at least he have the experience to back up what he saying unlike you and Preacher.

I think Tenor Saw might have something to say about that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 19, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »
I think Tenor Saw might have something to say about that.

Tenor definitely have a valid perspective to share, but Richard G. played at a higher level.  At any rate, this talk gone on long enough, I already concede as Asylumseeker point out that perhaps the keeper was screened.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 19, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »

totally unnecessary dread

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
As a former Goal Keeper for a 2nd division reserve Silverback team in Atlanta (Don't worry I'll sign autographs later) there's no way he could have saved that ball in the position he was in. Like Richard said, when the ball is that far away, you can't be on the line. The line was the only place he was going to get a hand on it if he could match the speed (Which is debatable) Plus the way that ball dipped he would have had to guess it was going to dip and made the step before hand. Just an unfortunate position and great shot.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »

Hush yuh kyat saddis. Obviously I played more than you with the shit you talk on here.  It doh take much to understand the goal but yuh doh even have dat.  Yuhz a armchair analyst at best.
Armchair experience could only teach yuh so much.  Hush yuh kyat

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 02, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBuI0_BYbiM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JBuI0_BYbiM</a>

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 03, 2014, 12:11:39 AM »
BALO!!!!!!!   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 04, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Since Balo's goal v. Bologna created so much discussion, wha allyuh have tuh say about that strike from Gabi versus Real? De man stand up flush in de middle of de field. Who going and blame keeper now? Who saying level bullet missile? Talk yuh talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPoBim8Euxo

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:26:40 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>