April 24, 2024, 05:14:54 PM

Author Topic: Becks relationship with Fergie hadda be real sour......  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Becks relationship with Fergie hadda be real sour......
« on: December 21, 2007, 02:13:54 PM »
..for him to be training with the Gunners in the off-season. Even Yorkie get to train with manU before WC06. or is it just a case of wanting to be in London? Seems like it is the latter, but it seems a bit strange given the relationship between the two clubs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/soccer/12/21/bc.soc.beckham.arsenal.ap/index.html

LONDON (AP) -- David Beckham is expected to train with Premier League club Arsenal early next year to prepare for the Major League Soccer season.

Beckham would likely use the club's training facility, which is close to his English home, before the Los Angeles Galaxy begin their season on March 29, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Friday.

"We will help him to get fit and prepare for the season," Wenger told BBC Radio. "There's a good chance that he will come in January, but it's not decided."

Beckham is hoping to play his 100th game for England on Feb. 6 in an exhibition against Switzerland, the first match for new coach Fabio Capello.

"(Beckham) has 99 caps and I hope he will get 100, if not 100 then 120," Wenger said. "At his age he needs to keep fit."

The 32-year-old midfielder's last game for the Galaxy was an exhibition against the Wellington Hurricanes in New Zealand on Dec. 1.

Wenger dismissed suggestions that Beckham could play for Arsenal during the MLS break.

"He comes (only) to keep fit and work hard," Wenger said.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:16:26 PM by Filho »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Becks relationship with Fergie hadda be real sour......
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
he could also belt a blade on Fabregas
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
"Beckham would likely use the club's training facility, which is close to his English home,"

there's the answer right there

Beckingham Palace is in Sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire

Arsenal's training ground is also in Hertfordshire (London Colony i think)

why would Becks want to travel all the way to Manchester to use their training ground?

with Yorke the situation was different as he already had a house up north
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »
Ah bet Beckham aint had no say in whether he could train at United, ah also bet it was not an option. D man was a rell circus when he played for the team why would United want to deal with his nonsense again? He will do anything to be in d limelight why would United want to be a part of that when dey tryin to win trophies? Leh him go to Arsenal mess wit dem scene.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »
"Beckham would likely use the club's training facility, which is close to his English home,"

there's the answer right there

Beckingham Palace is in Sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire

Arsenal's training ground is also in Hertfordshire (London Colony i think)

why would Becks want to travel all the way to Manchester to use their training ground?

with Yorke the situation was different as he already had a house up north

Yeah. That's what I meant by I suspect he just wanted to stay in London..as in, train in London to be near his home. But you have to ask..Becks was die-hard United. After Liverpool, I thought Arsenal was the main enemy. Part of me feel that if Fergie had put out an olive branch he would not have turned him down for Arsenal, regardless of the logistical inconvenience. Afterall, Becks was commuting a few days a week to London even when he was a ManU player. And with all his coin he could easily have rented a place closer to Old Trafford. Maybe as an outsider, that whole club animosity is a bit played up and common sense prevails. What Becks is doing makes perfect sense. Still cyah see Gary Neville, Scholes, Giggsy and co. caught dead training with Arsenal. lol.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »
Animosity between United and Arsenal is not all it is cracked up to be. It is something for younger fans since Arsenal started being successful in the late 90's and Vieira and Keane had some claches but certainly not for the players.

Now Liverpool is a different thing altogether.

Beckham is on vacation and the opportunity to train close to home at a top facility is a bonus. I don't see him uprooting himslef to Manchester just to train, or making that hike daily. Not when you have 3 kids who you see on a limited basis during the season.

Yorke situation wa scompletely different since he was training hard for a WC and is more nomadic by nature, plus he does drive real fast.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
The man just want to train with big players instead of shithounds...no other explanation is necessary

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>