April 16, 2024, 08:15:23 AM

Author Topic: J'Lloyd Samuel.  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
J'Lloyd Samuel.
« on: August 25, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »
What do you think it will take for this guy to play for TNT. Nathan Ellington wasnt even born in TNT and he wants to play for Trinidad.

Opinions

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: J'Lloyd Samuel.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 04:17:33 PM »
J'lloyd said his family follows his career in TnT, he also said his dad returns  to trinidad very often .You see jlloyd played for england from the under 16 level   and his child hood team mates who he played sunday league football with  leadly king ,wayne brigde plays for england(zamora also was in the same team) plus he grew up in england so he want to be a lion.However he has not ruled out playing for his birth country :D.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 04:27:16 PM »
J'lloyd said his family follows his career in TnT, he also said his dad returns  to trinidad very often .You see jlloyd played for england from the under 16 level   and his child hood team mates who he played sunday league football with  leadly king ,wayne brigde plays for england(zamora also was in the same team) plus he grew up in england so he want to be a lion.However he has not ruled out playing for his birth country :D.

Thanx for telling me all that but Im in england so i already knew all that. ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 04:29:40 PM »
Reason why i started this post it as he say he Trini for fashion. Theres this new programme called footballers cribs and he has up his Trini flag in his yard loud and proud and say this is where is from etc etc i love my homeland. but everytime on the news its Im only committed to england. ???

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 04:41:28 PM »
Imagine someone wanting to be a Lion over a Warrior. Madness ;)
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 04:44:31 PM »
Imagine someone wanting to be a Lion over a Warrior. Madness ;)
lol :)

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 05:57:11 PM »
I say, when we reach germany..... ;D, gatherup all dem part-time trinis IE Zamora...J loyld and de rest, and thro some pitchoil on dem, and bun dey arse....F all ah dem....leh we stop talk bout dem part time Trinis.....Bigup Birchal, atleast he take de chance to represent we, and hopefully he go make workd cup B4 dem cockheads

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 06:20:14 PM »
I thought he made it pretty clear about 2 seasons back! He said he considered England his home and felt as long as there was an opertunity to play for England he would strive for a place in the squad.  Unless Eriksson is ah madman he will never tell Samuel "I have no plans to ever pick you so go play fuh T&T", therefore there is always hope for him...especially as he has been in the England setup before and unlike Shaka (at the time) still has age on his side.

He maybe misguided to us (I for one do not doubt this one bit!) but...from his point of view I guess it would be a big gamble to commit to T&T, then never see the World Cup stage. To some players its all about playing on the biggest stages in World football rather than things like trying to help their country achieve knowing you may get nothing to show for it except repeated stints on the bench for your club. Trevor Sinclair is a case in point for those who persevere, man was overlooked time and again by England, then came in as a reserve for a reserve...next thing yuh know he starting in the World Cup!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 06:32:49 PM »
Samuel might even turn down T&T if we qualify which is not a problem with me.

His England chances should be better now too since Wayne Bridge fall off the face of the earth and Glen Johnson is so poor. If Phil Neville gets selected as a backup right back or midfielder then Samuel should be in line for a call to back up Ashley Cole.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 07:16:33 PM »
Ok futbol if patrick manning  gave jlloyd samuel a call he might play fuh we .
oh but glen johnson dont play left back i think he play right and wayne bridge he will bounce back si he is like 3 or 4 in pecking order
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 08:44:15 PM »
JLloyd is #3 in de pecking order at left back (after Cole and Bridge). Glen Johnson is a right back and despite the amount of money Chelsea pay fuh him, I doh really feel he DAT good. The advantage that JLloyd have over all ah dem fellas is versatility. He could play anywhere across de back (right, left, or centre).
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 08:59:53 PM »
He wants the best of both worlds but in my eyes he could piss off and tek down de Trini flag

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 09:43:26 PM »
JLloyd is #3 in de pecking order at left back (after Cole and Bridge). Glen Johnson is a right back and despite the amount of money Chelsea pay fuh him, I doh really feel he DAT good. The advantage that JLloyd have over all ah dem fellas is versatility. He could play anywhere across de back (right, left, or centre).

In the last squad Bridge wasn't there (injured) and Samuel still wasn't picked so he is lower than #3 because Neville was picked as a left back/utility player. So in a very real sense he needs Johnson as well as Bridge to fall out of favour.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 07:05:02 AM »
Nah i doh blame the man. He's a right footer playing left back for Villa so he could play at the right too. England's wing backs...G.Neville, Johnson, Bridge..tha' about it. Phil Neville is a utility player, tha's why he could never start, always backup in the squad besides he converting into a midfilder more now.  Sven like youth,all his partners in the squad..and nobody untouchable besides Ashley Cole in them positions. Gary Neville going and lose his spot at ManU once they buy that Brazilian youth and once that happen, u int'l career going down hill.
Same thing with Zamora..i mean if Peter Crouch, who less than year ago was considered a real waste of money is now ahead of Alan Smith, Emile Heskey and Darius Vassel then Zamora is just one good season away from the England side. We shouldn't judge them men too harshly until they round 27/28 and realise time running out. I mean seriously, Trinidad over England?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 07:31:22 AM »
some of allyah thinking too narrow. there are millions of people who have alliances to more than one culture and unless you not in that position you cannot understand. You can be proud to be Trini, love the cluture, people everything and also be proud to be English, American, Venezuelan..whatever is your mix. The man raised in England and learned his trade there. There are many people who have overseen his development as a human being and a footballer and they are predominantly based in England, so by choosing to play for Trinidad he has to overcome the guilt of abandoning one culture for another. Same way we callin' him a traitor, they have others in England who will say we in England give you everything, your home , career, you training and you used us to benefit someone else. Cool it and understand the man has to be torn. I happy that he even recognizes his Trini culture. We have those who born and raise in trinidad, leave and forget  all about trinidad. brichall mom's never even bring de man here to see we shores or nothing. I credit Brichall for his decision, but it was an easier choice for him since he was never part of the England set-up and probably harbored little hope (notice I didn' say no hope) of playing for England.

I would NOT be pleased if Jlloyd or Zamora decide they want to play for Trinidad after we done qualify for the WC, but I understand why he feel British...What if one of your parents was Guyanese, but you born and raise in Trinidad the same way you are now....you sweat for  trinidad under 19 and under 23s. You feel you would easily go and play for Guyana national team when the Guyanese coach come and call you. I doubt. Doh compare them men to Birchall and Ellington and Cox and whoever else...each one of them is a separate set of circumstances.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 07:55:01 AM »
I for one have no issue with Samuel, we ask and the man say no, that should be it.  Actually I have much more respect for him than Zamora, at least J'Lloyod hasn't arsed about with us for over ah year. What I think most of us agree on is there will be ah lot of unhappy people if he becomes ah Bandwagonist should we qualify.  We saw it happen with Jamaica. My only issue is people still want and hoping that the man play fuh us this campaign.....that makes me unhappy.  Having said that, if he comes and joins us like Shaka did - I aint got any problem with that.

1]; } ?>