April 18, 2024, 09:42:36 PM

Author Topic: Wim Rijsbergen suspended !  (Read 18165 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Wim Rijsbergen suspended !
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »
D TTFF take snail mail to new heights. Dey suspend d man Dec 5th and dey to a Press Release Dec 21st

Ah was wondering how many posts it woulda take for somebody to highlight this.

I just reach home ready to sleep - 7 in the morning, and that is mih day gone through right there...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2007, 01:54:28 AM »
D TTFF take snail mail to new heights. Dey suspend d man Dec 5th and dey to a Press Release Dec 21st

Ah was wondering how many posts it woulda take for somebody to highlight this.

I just reach home ready to sleep - 7 in the morning, and that is mih day gone through right there...

It just made my day, Lincoln should a turn him into a piece a broccoli.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2007, 02:23:03 AM »
Live large and prosper!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2007, 02:50:41 AM »
And this too shall pass ... all will be well. Better now rather than later.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2007, 04:53:27 AM »
I'm going back to my club football yes ! this is too much mickey mouse business for me, so before i end up in belleview or golden grove cause i just might have to dunn jack and he boys cause i am a serious serious mudaah f#### when it come to my football, i go do like quagmire. allyuh wake meh up when dem jokers qualify again!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2007, 07:19:14 AM »
i could write a long post about my reasons for saying this but i will get to the heart of the matter,wim is ah shit coach,that dutch system is shit,corneal is ah total asshole, mc comie is a word i wont say but it rhymes with month,carrington get ah u15 tournament to win with some of our brightest prospects and loss,ttff as i would always say is a whole set of viagara taking dinosaurs who could spoil vomit,lincoln phillip excluded though i have some degree of respect for him.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2007, 07:31:41 AM »
As its already been pointed out on this site, it appears Wim was suspended on 5th December. Wim has not contacted FPATT to discuss this or ask for assistance. As somebody inside the TTFF, I guess he believes that FPATT do not have enough power or ability to assist him. If, however, Wim approached FPATT, they wouls advise him, even though he is neither a member or a player.

I would like to make a couple of observations on the discussion so far.  First, it is usual for a coach to be offered a 4 year contract, as the aim is to qualify for the next world cup. However, in some instances a 2 year clause is included. That way, if the performance of the team is not going well, there is time to get a new coach in place for WC qualifiers.

I am surprised nobody on this site has mentioned the name of John Barnes as the next coach. He said in his interview that he would be interested in coaching at any level in the Caribbean.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F1Rc-VdiLA  Check around 6.20 mark.

Its very convenient that he is returning in January. Also, he seems to be great friends with Jack Warner.

Barnes would be a massive PR victory for TTFF. Ex England International, won just about everything at club level, has great contacts in the game, would raise T&Ts profile in England and USA and has Trini blood in his veins.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:40:09 AM by FPATT »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
KAISER.... "spoil vomit"....brilliant
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
Barnes would be a massive PR victory for TTFF. Ex England International, won just about everything at club level, has great contacts in the game, would raise T&Ts profile in England and USA and has Trini blood in his veins.

Just a thought.
oh gaum man FPATT, de man sounds like a "mini me" of Jackula
you really think he could help?
his comments about the player situation sounded like he was keeping his head in the sand and maybe bordering on ignorance of the TRUE situation of the Jack Listed players.
I say good gnikcuf luck with him....it is my opinion that he is already in Jack's pocket

""The success of this region financial and otherwise not just on the playing field is down to Jack Warner, because Jack really has put the Caribbean on the map. And everyone in Europe, which is the stronghold of football if you like, recognizes, although FIFA is the governing world body, but even people in Europe recognize the role that Jack has played in bringing on football in this region. America has benefitted from Jack Warner. The great America has benefitted, so football has changed. It is business now and once upon a time people where being exploited, particularly in Africa. Of course, with someone as powerful as Jack Warner, he will ensure that the players and the associations of this region where we once upon a time may have been exploited will now not be exploited and they will benefit from having Jack on board
 :o :o :o :o."
  - John Barnes"

any who....if FPATT thinks he will be good for TnT Football, well good for allya.......who is me....is allya business allya have to organise.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:06:38 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim suspended!
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
This Soca Warrior thing is too much headache and especially heartache yes. Men investing real emotional and financial effort into this thing and this is what happening

Yuh can't even get angry anymore...is just a sadness.

Say what

Brazil 2014 for sure

Well put Grande. This is just ridiculous. im losing hope in Trinidad and Tobago Football.
Hart for president

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »
No offense to Anton but he is simply not good enough to get us to a World Cup....  firstly he may have the coaching methods and etc but he will not be respected from the 1st team coach...he will always be an assistant to them...

What we need is a Leo like figure... to demand discipline and Respect...sorry but even if Anton is a good coach(which he is) it will be wasteful... we need a top coach and we need a top coach soon

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2007, 09:22:52 AM »
No offense to Anton but he is simply not good enough to get us to a World Cup....  firstly he may have the coaching methods and etc but he will not be respected from the 1st team coach...he will always be an assistant to them...

What we need is a Leo like figure... to demand discipline and Respect...sorry but even if Anton is a good coach(which he is) it will be wasteful... we need a top coach and we need a top coach soon

Well said youth, Wim was not of the caliber either.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
Hmm, a busier than usual Saturday on the forum ...

Anyway, FPATT ... I don't want John Barnes anywhere close to the senior squad in that capacity.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »
WC:
I had reserved comment on the written 'exploitation' comment by Barnes until I listened to the interview (as I now have). My sense is that Barnes is addressing 'exploitation' of a different texture. He's not speaking about the internal dynamics of football in Trinidad & Tobago.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
WC:
I had reserved comment on the written 'exploitation' comment by Barnes until I listened to the interview (as I now have). My sense is that Barnes is addressing 'exploitation' of a different texture. He's not speaking about the internal dynamics of football in Trinidad & Tobago.
ok fair enough
but who has been a MAJOR player in the screwups of the last 30 years with regards to TnT Football and how the players have been treated.
one name: Jackula
So in my opinion Jackula has EXPLOITED our players right here in TnT for many many years.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
The price of progress. The cost of doing business. There are many different ways to interpret why we have the luxury of demanding more. Intransigence like (the double edged sword) cuts both ways.

By definition, he's also been involved in all the successes.

WC:
ok fair enough
but who has been a MAJOR player in the screwups of the last 30 years with regards to TnT Football and how the players have been treated.
one name: Jackula
So in my opinion Jackula has EXPLOITED our players right here in TnT for many many years.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »
The price of progress. The cost of doing business. There are many different ways to interpret why we have the luxury of demanding more. Intransigence like (the double edged sword) cuts both ways.
By definition, he's also been involved in all the successes.
yes oh so true
BUT
some would also say that the success that we have had are IN SPITE of the shananigans that Jackula has become so famous for.
Just one point if I may
for the latest world cup there were more qualifying positions compared with , lets say back in 1989, so MAYBE some could argue.......that Jackula manipulated the qualification process to make it easier for teams like us to qualify. Just being a devils advocate  :angel:
Dont get me wrong, I was happy to see us in a world cup since we should have been there in 1974  ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:16:40 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »
wim is ah shiot hound, ah glad dat asswipe gorn.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »
As its already been pointed out on this site, it appears Wim was suspended on 5th December. Wim has not contacted FPATT to discuss this or ask for assistance. As somebody inside the TTFF, I guess he believes that FPATT do not have enough power or ability to assist him. If, however, Wim approached FPATT, they wouls advise him, even though he is neither a member or a player.

I would like to make a couple of observations on the discussion so far.  First, it is usual for a coach to be offered a 4 year contract, as the aim is to qualify for the next world cup. However, in some instances a 2 year clause is included. That way, if the performance of the team is not going well, there is time to get a new coach in place for WC qualifiers.

I am surprised nobody on this site has mentioned the name of John Barnes as the next coach. He said in his interview that he would be interested in coaching at any level in the Caribbean.

Its very convenient that he is returning in January. Also, he seems to be great friends with Jack Warner.

Just a thought.

Yes but what are JB's qualifications as a coach???

You saying he should cut  he teeth with our SENIOR team??
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:19:21 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »

Just a thought.

John Barnes is even less qualified than Wim to be the national coach of a team seeking a successive world cup qualification. If we are to ignore that on the basis that he is a famous ex England international with Trini blood, we might just as well start buying our reggaeboyz 2010 t shirts from now on. PR

Don't take this as a criticism per se of your post. Its my take on how I would view his possible appointment by the TTFF...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
God go have to coach we to  make we reach d next level once JW etal around
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2007, 01:59:48 PM »
Didn't the Government give the TTFF some millions to pay Wim and his staff earlier this year when Jack suspend all football? What did they do with that money, if Wim still have to say he eh get paid?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
More money 4 Jack to pocket
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »

Just a thought.

Yes but what are JB's qualifications as a coach???

You saying he should cut  he teeth with our SENIOR team??

At no point did I suggest that John Barnes should be T&Ts next manager!  I was merely pointing out that its kind of convenient that Barnes turns up in Trini praising Warner and saying how he'd love to be a national coach, just around the time Wim is suspended.

Clearly, Barnes hasn't looked into the relationship between players and TTFF, or if he has, he doesn't care. However, I do believe he was commenting about exploitation in general rather than Warners involvement in T&T football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
FPATT, ah could see the danger of your comments from a mile away ... misinterpretation is never a lost skill ... your intentions were fine buh yuh hadda be cautious with word association round here ... ;D

Yuh know Barnes' Love Thy Neigbour assessment (de 70s TV show) of black mgrs (and his commentary in general) were fairly level ... fundamentally sound. 

The disqualifier for him is his inactivity ... not his knowledge per se. I would add that I detected some vulnerability in his position as well ...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
The next coach would be a Brazilian

I suspect .....Cafu

Now dont jump all over me like a cheap suit,I have no idea what his coaching credentials are,the minute I saw that he was in T&T a couple months ago,holding some clinics,I just suspected that something was up

I hope I am right

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »
At no point did I suggest that John Barnes should be T&Ts next manager!  I was merely pointing out that its kind of convenient that Barnes turns up in Trini praising Warner and saying how he'd love to be a national coach, just around the time Wim is suspended.
very sorry
My Bad....
I took your last paragraph in post #66 to mean that he had your blessing.....now I know that you were just making an observation
My Apologies
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:13:51 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »
This further explains why TT fans dont show up to games until the last possible minute of qualifying.  Iam mortified, but I should have expected that with the TTFF and Jack leading the charge, we would have to go throufgh a heart-breaking experience before ever qualifying again.  How sad!
 :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline rick titus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »
I really have to wonder what is wrong with the people governing T&T football... I mean really how biased is the selection going to be now that Anton is the coach. He was positioing and scheming to get there, and now he is the man. It really is like a joke now. First the governing body rips off the players, and now this. When is anyone going to grow a back bone and do something?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2007, 08:39:06 PM »
I really have to wonder what is wrong with the people governing T&T football... I mean really how biased is the selection going to be now that Anton is the coach. He was positioing and scheming to get there, and now he is the man. It really is like a joke now. First the governing body rips off the players, and now this. When is anyone going to grow a back bone and do something?

you know about anton  titus
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>