April 20, 2024, 08:51:13 AM

Author Topic: What make allyuh think Wim was good enough to take TT to SA?  (Read 7915 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What make allyuh think Wim was good enough to take TT to SA?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »
I have to totally agree with what fishs say Wim did not instill no confidence in what he had at his disposal.Quite bloody right fishs.
Nuff said.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »

Ah really curious about all this outpouring of love for this inposter.

Most of you in here know my feelings about this "coach".

But what has he done for our football "apart from criticise everything homegrown" to cause all this outpouring of anguish and almost WC fatalism ?

Maybe mih brain frozen but please, did I miss something ?

Honestly fists it is not about whether we think that Wim could have taken us to SA

The thing is now we KNOW that the TTFF can't.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »
Not even king kong couldah make that rag bag team any better or instill confidence in them, as yuh know yuh don't find goal in a coal mine. BTW who was coaching the soca worriors in training sesions during the WC campaigne. all i hear from these complainers is negativity, so let me ask allyuh this, is corneel an ideal replacement, IMO we was better off with what we had as opposed to what we got now.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 04:05:25 PM »

Ah really curious about all this outpouring of love for this inposter.

Most of you in here know my feelings about this "coach".

But what has he done for our football "apart from criticise everything homegrown" to cause all this outpouring of anguish and almost WC fatalism ?

Maybe mih brain frozen but please, did I miss something ?

Honestly fists it is not about whether we think that Wim could have taken us to SA

The thing is now we KNOW that the TTFF can't.

I think the TTFF (JW) can. As they are now showing that they can make things really rough for us. JW probably looking to be a hero again, and bring in another big coach when all look like doom. The unsuspecting public will have no choice but to love him for saving the day....... (again). The money is there to get us to 2010, and JW have the clout. How much are we willing to bow to JW might be the trip wire.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
as yuh know yuh don't find goal in a coal mine.

Jus Cool, I doh think you coulda say this better if it was intentional. You mine if I take a borrow ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 04:39:21 PM »

Jus Cool, I doh think you coulda say this better if it was intentional. You mine if I take a borrow ?
It was intentional, when yuh score is it a gold? do you really think i'm dat much of a ditwit ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:42:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »

It was intentional, when yuh score is it a gold? do you really think i'm dat much of a ditwit ?

Please accept my humble apologies sir...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »
You could say whatever you want about the Nakhid incident, but there's a reason why that respected Team official and National veteran ended up under the bus after that incident. Cats don't die on their 3rd life from falling off the first floor...
MidKnight, I muz be some what dotish after the latest news catch me here, so could you elaborate on your comment quoted here
Thanks
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »
You could say whatever you want about the Nakhid incident, but there's a reason why that respected Team official and National veteran ended up under the bus after that incident. Cats don't die on their 3rd life from falling off the first floor...
MidKnight, I muz be some what dotish after the latest news catch me here, so could you elaborate on your comment quoted here
Thanks

I'm saying that is not the first time that Nakhid end up in some controversy and yet he always use to come off of it with his influence in tact. I do not have the exact details of what went on, (I'm not sure anyone does) but the fact of the matter is that Nakhid came off the worse for it, with no rehabilitation after the fact or the euphoria of the qualification (Bahrain brouhaha or not)

The man is actually the only player who was involved in the qualifying cycle that didn't get the government bonus; just saying that its pretty strange that nobody would piss on that respected team official and national veteran to put him out if he was on fire, assuming that Rijsbergen was as in the wrong as the person who brought up the Nakhid incident seems to suggest *BTW I am purposely highlighting this in case I have misunderstood

Might I add I'm not saying that Rijsbergen was right (or wrong) with the Nakhid incident. I'm saying that I don't see what it has to do with our current situation, especially one in which the only thing we have to go on is hearsay...

Offline rick titus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »
I don't think Wim was the man to take T&T to SA, but I really think they need someone other than Anton Corneal. He has experience, but his record doesn't indicate any degree of success. He seems to be a part of that system that is screwing up the countries football progress. They should've went for someone like Simoes, but now he is with JA again. Watch how Jamaica progresses with Simoes at the helm now. T&T needs someone that is not a part of the good ole boys network with Jack and the rest. The problem is that whenever somoene comes in to change things for the better they get pressure from men like Corneal and others, and then stuff like this happens. Suspension for 6 months... This makes T&T look like a joke after such an inspiring WC run.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »
I think the TTFF (JW) can. As they are now showing that they can make things really rough for us. JW probably looking to be a hero again, and bring in another big coach when all look like doom. The unsuspecting public will have no choice but to love him for saving the day....... (again). The money is there to get us to 2010, and JW have the clout. How much are we willing to bow to JW might be the trip wire.

Allyuh giving Jack real props for getting luck last time. Everytime I see men post big coaching names as prospects for TnT I realize that the local fandaom is out of touch and spoiled by the fact that w eget Don Leo last time.

What big coach want to get involved with a federation that does not pay players or coach,bannning coach, have ticket scandal etc? Jack and the TTFF a lot more notorious now than when Don Leo signed on.

And even with Don Leo we make it by the barest of margins and that is with comebacks by Yorke and Latapy.

Since then instead of setting up the program so we could improve and move we gone backward, while everybody moving forward.

We ent getting lucky again and we not going no South Africa, that is almost a guranteed.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2007, 08:34:04 PM »
Allyuh giving Jack real props for getting luck last time. Everytime I see men post big coaching names as prospects for TnT I realize that the local fandaom is out of touch and spoiled by the fact that w eget Don Leo last time.
What big coach want to get involved with a federation that does not pay players or coach,bannning coach, have ticket scandal etc? Jack and the TTFF a lot more notorious now than when Don Leo signed on.
And even with Don Leo we make it by the barest of margins and that is with comebacks by Yorke and Latapy.
Since then instead of setting up the program so we could improve and move we gone backward, while everybody moving forward.
We ent getting lucky again and we not going no South Africa, that is almost a guranteed.
noooooooo.....say it aint so JDB ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »

I'm not saying it will happen, but just a conspiracy theory. Trying to make sense of the madness going on.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »

True talk, we eh goin a blasted place. It almost at the point now where is best we lose all our games because supporting T&T is the same as supporting this administration.  The more success they have the more they will be justified in doing evil and allowing their incompetent family/friends to succeed them. The best way to support the players is to support the proleague so one day men will not have to skin up for JW to make a decent living.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 10:16:09 PM »
Sad but true. as a long long long time supporter of the local game very little has changed as far as attitude towards progress. by some miracle it would be nice to see those old wicked men just leave us one by one, so some young progressive energy could prevail, and empliment positive change. as for jack warner!! i really don't know why he's still in power, like don king said only in T&T(america) any where else forinstance columbia, jack would've been gone by the fault. but remember this, we are not a football loving nation anymore !! and that's a fact.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 11:50:53 PM »

WC Fatalism.

Wim get the boot or on the way out and is total gloom and doom.

True most of what you say but we have some posiitives.
To begin with, there is now a possibility that we will have a coach with experience, know how and the international stature to get us there, all the bacchanal that is local football will be moot after the players and TTFF settle the dispute. Jack is still a multi millionare several times over with heavy FIFA clout, Trinidad and Tobago is still a tiny state with very talented players. The coach will be well paid and will know that taking Trinidad to a WC in style will be massive for him (look how beenie thrived). The government made a promise that they will keep sooner or later, Jack owns TTFF so he knows he will get back his money and more.

Once the qualifiers start and the pros come on board the crowds will return (I was surprised at the following for the digicel cup).

The experience that the 6 or 7 players that played in the last WC brings with them will be a big boost for the team.

I for one not giving up on the dream and even more excited about it now that this fool has been given the boot.
Ah want de woman on de bass

TrinInfinite

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 12:48:52 AM »

las time i check, we havent played one game as yet with our full team, nor have we played one single qualifier... unless your nostradamus or cleo or the psychic on montel williams i really cant agree with your negativity... I understand where your coming from but disregarding our national team bc of turmoil and saying we not goin is rediculous... how do you know we won't play better this time around, at the end of the day it boils down to the players on the pitch... the coach can only do so much.... if the players hungry enough we will go, especialy with their wc experience.. a lil to premature with the negativity... >:(

God is de BOSS...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 05:33:09 AM »
Guess what TI, all chickens will eventually come home to roost.

Unless you believe that the TTFF is doing a good job or that our players are so good that they could flourish despite obvious obstacles you are just dreaming.

The formula for making a Wc is simple have talent, work hard, play well and get lucky. I guess we depending on the latter.

Where the coach or the players that yuh banking on? What allyih don't realize is that making a WC has emboldened Jack to no end. All who expecting common sense to prevail will be bitterly disappointed.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
WC Fatalism.

To begin with, there is now a possibility that we will have a coach with experience, know how and the international stature to get us there, all the bacchanal that is local football will be moot after the players and TTFF settle the dispute. Jack is still a multi millionare several times over with heavy FIFA clout, Trinidad and Tobago is still a tiny state with very talented players. The coach will be well paid and will know that taking Trinidad to a WC in style will be massive for him (look how beenie thrived). The government made a promise that they will keep sooner or later, Jack owns TTFF so he knows he will get back his money and more.

Once the qualifiers start and the pros come on board the crowds will return (I was surprised at the following for the digicel cup).

The experience that the 6 or 7 players that played in the last WC brings with them will be a big boost for the team.

I for one not giving up on the dream and even more excited about it now that this fool has been given the boot.
:o
you think like that even though Jackula is the MOST CORRUPT person in FIFA?
tell me how man, please........to be able to just IGNORE all that is going on
Dont we ALL realise HOW GOOD we would be if ALL this crap was to stop and Jackula started to treat people in a Civilised way.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »

Unless you believe that the TTFF is doing a good job or that our players are so good that they could flourish despite obvious obstacles you are just dreaming.

The formula for making a Wc is simple have talent, work hard, play well and get lucky. I guess we depending on the latter.

Where the coach or the players that yuh banking on? What allyih don't realize is that making a WC has emboldened Jack to no end. All who expecting common sense to prevail will be bitterly disappointed.

JDB,

I with you dey.... back in 2004 this board was about 95% in agreement that it was not looking good for Germany and best we start planning for South Africa... we all was supporting for Germany because games are played on the field...

Well we ent do no planning for South Africa then.... still up to now 2008 we ent do no planning...

but we get lucky and scrape through in the 06 campaign (read here: Flash in a pan) and now ah guess everybody hoping that lightning go strike twice...
Well we go see..

FF is standing on a roof barefoot in a rainstorm holding a rusty antenna...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 02:24:28 PM »

i never said ttff doin an excellent job nor do i have blind hope but we have one of the most talented squads ever in my opinion, we have wc experience under our belt, the players wanna prove they belong in the wc again, there also on a high still, they have confidence, in 74 and 90' we didnt have big name coaches but we had talent, we had skill, drive, discipline... put it this way, i cant see nuttin stopping the players from goin back, for example look at the exposure we have gotten so far... i was one of the only fellahs who was saying we goin the world cup and again i get that feeling...

God is de BOSS....

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
WC Fatalism.

:o
you think like that even though Jackula is the MOST CORRUPT person in FIFA?
tell me how man, please........to be able to just IGNORE all that is going on
Dont we ALL realise HOW GOOD we would be if ALL this crap was to stop and Jackula started to treat people in a Civilised way.

Westcoast life ent black and white or green and blue nancy drew and de famous five was enid blyton, what we talking bout is reality . Reality is we could spend nano hrs on this forum cussing Jack , crucifying him wishing he was not boen etc but Jack is football Trinidad and the WC is 2 yrs away . I going to ded sometime but before that I want to be in SA . So unlike you breds I into reality , Jack still own the thing , the players still want to play for TT the coachs still want to coach , the people still want football and I still feel we have a good chance of SA. Maybe in 6 mths it going to be different but from now my positive vibes start.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
I will still say that Wim still didnt truly get a chance to succeed or fail on any front. We were perfectly positioned, we had continuity after the last world cup, nucleus of the squad would be ready for 2010, we lost Leo but his assistant was ready to take over the reigns. TTFF mash up d whole ting. Man expecting Wim to work miracles when he handcuffed, it looked as even if he had a gag order from talking about the impasse to the media and on all fronts and whist he was no diplomat, he called a spade a spade and i could respect that when talking about the standard of the Pro League. The problem with Wim is that he shouldnt have said anything period like Leo so he couldnt be rubbing folks all kinda wrong ways, Simoes used to write articles in the papers and probably took more interest in local development but did that translate into winning games on the field? what was his record? Did he have an impasse to deal with? or maybe he had other internal issues with the TTFF that we didnt know about? I was here for the digicel tourney, we played well with the players we had, none of them plying trades in the UK but they maintained shape and played to instruction, the faults of the same pro league is what really brought our demise and it was clear for those who were present, fitness, and technique. Dem is things a national coach supposed to inherit not teach. I find some of the comments unfair, but that is just my opinion.

Is like trying to saw a piece ah wood with a rusty old hacksaw blade and it have fresh new ones lock away in a safe and you cyah get it cause d boss say so and when time to judge yuh work, men saying yuh work looking shitty. I still say give d man a chance with a full squad and den judge him on the results.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 03:21:18 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »
I will still say that Wim still didnt truly get a chance to succeed or fail on any front. We were perfectly positioned, we had continuity after the last world cup, nucleus of the squad would be ready for 2010, we lost Leo but his assistant was ready to take over the reigns. TTFF mash up d whole ting. Man expecting Wim to work miracles when he handcuffed, it looked as even if he had a gag order from talking about the impasse to the media and on all fronts and whist he was no diplomat, he called a spade a spade and i could respect that when talking about the standard of the Pro League. The problem with Wim is that he shouldnt have said anything period like Leo so he couldnt be rubbing folks all kinda wrong ways, Simoes used to write articles in the papers and probably took more interest in local development but did that translate into winning games on the field? what was his record? Did he have an impasse to deal with? or maybe he had other internal issues with the TTFF that we didnt know about? I was here for the digicel tourney, we played well with the players we had, none of them plying trades in the UK but they maintained shape and played to instruction, the faults of the same pro league is what really brought our demise and it was clear for those who were present, fitness, and technique. Dem is things a national coach supposed to inherit not teach. I find some of the comments unfair, but that is just my opinion.

Is like trying to saw a piece ah wood with a rusty old hacksaw blade and it have fresh new ones lock away in a safe and you cyah get it cause d boss say so and when time to judge yuh work, men saying yuh work looking shitty. I still say give d man a chance with a full squad and den judge him on the results.

Yep....dat is what I was going to say....except for de last sentence, we have seen de last of Wim....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 04:50:52 PM »

I all for giving him a chance prior to he trying to fight Phillips. Don't matter who you are you have to respect the big men in the business.

Offline rick titus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2007, 06:55:34 PM »
This thread is nonsense! Those men are corrupt, and if you can't see that they are, you're smoking crack!!! This decision is a joke, and the team needs a coach with pedigree not Anton Corneal! Those of you who think this news is positive have got to be totally outside of reality! The team will be a bunch of Anton's favorites now, and it will be one set of shit until he is replaced! I really cannot stand the fact that the whole of T&T, players and fans included haven't boycotted the damn TTFF, and get all of them the hell out!! Sickening man!!

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
This thread is nonsense! Those men are corrupt, and if you can't see that they are, you're smoking crack!!! This decision is a joke, and the team needs a coach with pedigree not Anton Corneal! Those of you who think this news is positive have got to be totally outside of reality! The team will be a bunch of Anton's favorites now, and it will be one set of shit until he is replaced! I really cannot stand the fact that the whole of T&T, players and fans included haven't boycotted the damn TTFF, and get all of them the hell out!! Sickening man!!

rick titus,

I would love to see the people of T&T, especially all football fans, do two things:

1. Identify the ten businesses Jack Warner revealed he owns during the    general election campaign and boycott every single one of them.

2. Boycott the 2010 world cup campaign. Don’t attend any home matches, and picket each game, demanding the TTFF rewrite its constitution in order to have open and democratic elections every four years.

A lot of us on this forum have justly called Jack Warner every name in the book. He has never and will never respond to us. However, if we start to mess with his means of INCOME - legally, peacefully and in an organized manner - you would see how fast he responds.

This is the only way we the fans can get Jack Warner to take us seriously and bring him to the negotiation table.

As a die hard Trini football fan, I am allowed to dream.

Merry Chirstmas to our moderators - Flex, Tallman and palos - and every single poster on this forum. All the best to every single one of you and your loved ones!!

1]; } ?>