April 19, 2024, 02:00:11 PM

Author Topic: Lowe arrested for drug possession  (Read 2497 times)

Lowe arrested for drug possession
« on: December 24, 2007, 10:02:50 AM »
Lowe arrested for drug possession

Associated Press
Updated: December 24, 2007, 9:37 AM EST 2 comments RSS digg blog email print KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Former Jamaica forward Onandi Lowe has been arrested for marijuana possession, police said Monday.

Lowe, who was cleared of drug charges in England in 2005, was arrested Sunday evening while driving on a highway south of the Jamaican capital. Authorities found 42 marijuana cigarettes in Lowe's car, police said.
Lowe was released from custody after posting US$300 bail and was scheduled to appear before a judge on Jan. 8.

A former player with English League Championship team Coventry City, Lowe scored 19 goals in over 60 appearances for the Reggae Boyz. He played for Jamaica at the 1998 World Cup in France.

The striker was arrested by British police in April 2004 for allegedly attempting to smuggle crack-cocaine out of the country. The charge was dismissed for lack of evidence in February 2005.

Re: Lowe arrested for drug possession
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
like he eh learn

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
Hoss, 42?

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:20:49 PM »
Dais Hardest Brotha of Wha!

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »
why after the late 90s would anybody mess around with crack
why dont celebs let someone in their entourage carry the contraband
why dont they just buy the drugs when they get where they are going

kids...JUST SAY NO!

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »
Jamaica massive must be Xmas shopping ... yuh can hear de pin drop ... eagerly awaiting the wisdom of 2099 et al ...

Offline jamaica2099

• n/a
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 06:44:52 PM »
Excellent! Now Simoes have the perfect option of giving a opportunity to another Reggae Boy.
jjbrown

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »
Excellent! Now Simoes have the perfect option of giving a opportunity to another Reggae Boy.

steups...so yuh find it have good from dis eh?

No concern fuh de man stupidity?

yuh is ah clown.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »
yuh is ah clown.

:applause: '2099 save the bravado ... opportunity is not what lowe lacks ... simoes best move is to let him sit in the stands

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:55:04 PM »
yuh is ah clown.

:applause: '2099 save the bravado ... opportunity is not what lowe lacks ... simoes best move is to let him sit in the stands
let simones play him man

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 02:40:03 AM »
Is just weed, all yuh acting like de man had crack cocaine, heroine, and all dem other stinking facking drugs dat destroying people. It have people dat does chain smoke weed, as one done, dey does say 2 words and dey does light up ah next one. It have people dat does chain smoke weed, cuz dey system is so use tuh de weed, dat dey do get dat high any more. All my yard men breddrens, ah doh have tuh call names, all yuh know dem already, dey does chain smoke. Tuh be honest, weed is not a big deal in dis modern day and age, yuh doh want yuh kids tuh smoke it, cuz of course dat is de proper way tuh bring up yuh kids. But let us be honest nah, wid all dem dangerous drugs out dey, all yuh really does still sweat ah man dat smoking weed only. Is christmas holiday, he probably taking enough stocks, home fuh de holiday, cuz 42, steupsss, dem chain smokers will run through 42 like is ah plate red beans, rice and stew chicken. I doh want my son tuh smoke at all, but de lawd know if he have tuh smoke, ah hope he only smoke cigarettes only or cigarettes and weed only. In dis dangerous times we kids growing up in, believe it or not, if dey smoke cigarette and weed only be happy and thank de lawd, member meh told all yuh so. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 02:49:17 AM by SUPA »

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 05:12:19 AM »
Is just weed, all yuh acting like de man had crack cocaine, heroine, and all dem other stinking facking drugs dat destroying people. It have people dat does chain smoke weed, as one done, dey does say 2 words and dey does light up ah next one. It have people dat does chain smoke weed, cuz dey system is so use tuh de weed, dat dey do get dat high any more. All my yard men breddrens, ah doh have tuh call names, all yuh know dem already, dey does chain smoke. Tuh be honest, weed is not a big deal in dis modern day and age, yuh doh want yuh kids tuh smoke it, cuz of course dat is de proper way tuh bring up yuh kids. But let us be honest nah, wid all dem dangerous drugs out dey, all yuh really does still sweat ah man dat smoking weed only. Is christmas holiday, he probably taking enough stocks, home fuh de holiday, cuz 42, steupsss, dem chain smokers will run through 42 like is ah plate red beans, rice and stew chicken. I doh want my son tuh smoke at all, but de lawd know if he have tuh smoke, ah hope he only smoke cigarettes only or cigarettes and weed only. In dis dangerous times we kids growing up in, believe it or not, if dey smoke cigarette and weed only be happy and thank de lawd, member meh told all yuh so. HIGHLY BLESSED.
Just recently i told my son that ganja has healing properties even when yuh smoke it, just google medical marijuana. i prefer my youths to leave dem thing alone for now, but at the same time i wouldn't lie to them about life, so the weed not so bad BC it have healing properties once yuh system could cope with it, as yuh know the THC can result in an alergic reation, but once yuh not alergic, then do you. the cigerette is definatly ah no no together with other harmful drugs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 07:15:13 AM by just cool »

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 07:11:38 AM »
Jamaica massive must be Xmas shopping ... yuh can hear de pin drop ... eagerly awaiting the wisdom of 2099 et al ...

What is there to say really? The man, at age 33 has obvioulsy given up his football career. The thing with Lowe and Jamaica football supporters is that you either love the man or you really hate him...i'm somewhere in the middle. the danger with being in a car where teh 42 spliffs were found is that there is an element of "distribution" in the wider picture. I couldnt care less if Lowe lights up every now and then...but if he is into distribution(which I doubt he is)...then let him face the music.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 07:16:49 AM by Reggaefan »

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 08:22:47 AM »

What is there to say really? The man, at age 33 has obvioulsy given up his football career. The thing with Lowe and Jamaica football supporters is that you either love the man or you really hate him...i'm somewhere in the middle. the danger with being in a car where teh 42 spliffs were found is that there is an element of "distribution" in the wider picture. I couldnt care less if Lowe lights up every now and then...but if he is into distribution(which I doubt he is)...then let him face the music.

How can you say definitively that he's given up on his football career? He has been on the same almshouse business for years. Show me the divergence in path that suggests concretely that he's written himself off and I may be inclined to agree. Men like Nandi Lowe always believe they are the sh!t, coz dey rate themselves as better than the competition even when not at peak. Frankly I have no issue with him putting on a JA shirt, but that's neither here nor there and not my affair. However, I wonder whether Simoes will and I'll be looking to see what 'tone' is set coming out of this 'incident' (almost don't feel it should even be referred to as such).

Now, I won't be going down the path of romancing the herb. The issue here is not whether herb is less destructive than some other stuff. I too don't really care what he does with his personal time. The question is what's the consequence of how yuh use yuh personal time?

The issue is whether it's permissible to smoke weed within a national football program set up [not entering debate into whether he's in the nat'l program or not either ... jes using that as a barometer] b/c we all know that there's a world of acquiescence and blind eye turning at the club level.

Yeah, sure plenty man smoke weed but things are a bit different when yuh get caught with the goods. Football is not the stage on which to try to change nat'l drug policy - or perhaps to contravene association policy.

A pack of cigarettes doesn't even hold 42 ... some folks carry cartons with them, sure ...but no matter how we try to construe 42 already rolled ones we're already looking at as you say an 'element of distribution' (even if he's acquiescing in every weedsmoker's dream of having a bredrin dat shares)

In any event, after big baller had the last episode, how should we regard this? As an awkward co-incidence?

Anyway a segue - man like SUPA and JC ... ah understand wha allyuh sayin b/c that is not an unfamiliar view buh ah still have a questio b/c ah kinda detect ah hint of contradiction/hypocrisy? If allyuh eh have nutten against de smoke, then why have reservations about yuh yutemen smoking. Allyuh yutemen may be young buh leh we assume age is not a factor ....