April 25, 2024, 06:09:06 PM

Author Topic: Who better Derby or Sunderland?  (Read 4083 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who better Derby or Sunderland?
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »
I tell you,poor kenwynne,working hard like ah dog in every game,an they still coming out losers,It's become apparent now,they will be relegated,but derby is showing more fight somehow,what's even worse is keane is waiting for that january window to pick up some talented players,but it's at a stage where that may not even help them,it may ultimately make the situation worse,because you don't want to spend millions of dollars aquiring new players and still get relegated........     

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Who better Derby or Sunderland?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
I tell you,poor kenwynne,working hard like ah dog in every game,an they still coming out losers,It's become apparent now,they will be relegated,but derby is showing more fight somehow,what's even worse is keane is waiting for that january window to pick up some talented players,but it's at a stage where that may not even help them,it may ultimately make the situation worse,because you don't want to spend millions of dollars aquiring new players and still get relegated........     

hymc! Where were you when Derby collect they 6 from Tottenham? They 5 from Arssenal? They 5 from Aston Villa? Where were you when they went 7 games wihtout scoring?

Yuh like a bloody vulture just waiting for the team to drop to feed on they rotting flesh.

Yuh ent post one line in the match thread, and as soon as result done you start up this shite thread? What is your purpose in life man? I like to respect everybody opinion, but you taking it overboard.
Until further notice, Sunderland is still 7 points ahead of Derby and beat them the last two times they play.

As far as what you say about the transfer window, you way off base, because if you think it better to just wait for relegation and not do anything to stave it off, you ent know nothing about how the EPL finance system works...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:42:18 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
I disagree. there were lot's of injuries to keane's team and i believe in JAN the whole team would be back, so you would see a differant sunlun come 2nd part of the season. they definatly need ah good right back and a creative mid like lattas. noswothy will be back soon together with carlos, plus the diferrance between sulun and 12th place is 6 points that not to bad they can still play catch up. remember they played the best team in the league today, were you expecting a miracle?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »
How many of Derby's best players are injured? Richardson now come back since August. Carlos barely in the team. Nosworthy missing. Russel Anderson hardly play ten minutes yet. Whitehead now come back and playing out of position.

Carlos and Keiran are their creative sparks. Nosworthy is their main man in defence. Anderson is a solid centre-back who excelled in the SPL. Those aren't by-the-way men. Those are some of the best players on the team. A team that wasn't very deep to begin with. Of course they going to struggle when half de starting team mash up..

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:33:20 AM by planetcory »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »

hymc! Where were you when Derby collect they 6 from Tottenham? They 5 from Arssenal? They 5 from Aston Villa? Where were you when they went 7 games wihtout scoring?

Yuh like a bloody vulture just waiting for the team to drop to feed on they rotting flesh.

Yuh ent post one line in the match thread, and as soon as result done you start up this shite thread? What is your purpose in life man? I like to respect everybody opinion, but you taking it overboard.
Until further notice, Sunderland is still 7 points ahead of Sunderland and beat them the last two times they play.

As far as what you say about the transfer window, you way off base, because if you think it better to just wait for relegation and not do anything to stave it off, you ent know nothing about how the EPL finance system works...

Damn...like Crissmuss had de wrong effect on you.  Yuh taking it personally man, I never see yuh get rile up so before.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »
Damn...like Crissmuss had de wrong effect on you.  Yuh taking it personally man, I never see yuh get rile up so before.

bah humbug :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:56:12 AM »
Sunderland improving....serious...lookout for a lil 4 match run soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »
4 match run of what...holding de opponents to only 3 goals per?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »

nah man come on...that is a cheap shot. As much as Sunderland have trouble keeping clean sheets, they have been overwhelmed by very few of the teams they have played - today and Everton being the notable exceptions

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »

nah man come on...that is a cheap shot. As much as Sunderland have trouble keeping clean sheets, they have been overwhelmed by very few of the teams they have played - today and Everton being the notable exceptions

Like I need tuh share de puncha creme wid allyuh today... roll wid de punches nah saddis'

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

whey sah!!
a lil touchy bout Sunland eh.
ah feel yuh could get impeached as President of the Reality Check Committee

my question is will Yorke play another year in the championship or join Becks in the MLS for some big money to end his career on.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 03:02:58 PM »

whey sah!!

my question is will Yorke play another year in the championship or join Becks in the MLS for some big money to end his career on.

Aussies say he agree in principle to go bak to the A-League
We'll see.

Sunderland staying up tho'

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:43 PM »
whey sah!!

Nice one, but in all honesty, is the truth.

Sunderland collect 5 sets of goals this season -
Wigan 0-3, Arsenal 2-3, West Ham 1-3, Everton 1-7 and Man U 0-4
(both the West Ham and Arsenal games were a lot closer than the score suggests)

check the same details for the other teams they fighting up with:

Derby : 1-4 Man U, 0-5 West Ham, 0-5 Arsenal, 0-6 Liverpool, 0-4 Tottenham
Fulham : 1-5 Tottenham, 0-3 Everton, 1-3 Reading, 3-3 Man City, 3-3 Tottenham
Wigan : 5-3 Blackburn, 1-4 Bolton, 0-4 Tottenham, 2-3 Birmingham, 0-4 Man U
Boro :  0-3 Birmingham, 0-3 Aston Vila, 1-4 Man U, 1-3 Man City, 0-3 West Ham
Bolton: 2-4 Man city, 0-4 Liverpool, 1-3 Portsmouth, 1-3 Newscastle
Birmingham : 0-3 Bolton, 1-3 Everton, 0-3 Blackburn, 2-3 Chelsea

Sunderland problem is not getting blow out. Is not keeping clean sheets in tight games and at critical moments

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 03:31:32 PM »
the only reason I so touchy is that some of the same men who been crying down Sunderland quick to criticise every single player EXCEPT the trini on the squad. They ready to jump on men back when the 'ignorant' Sunderland fans make the slightest criticism of we WC heroes - and refuse to recognise that whatever the international and intrinsic value of our players - in their current form/state of development they playing at their level. None of our players on anything they have shown since the beginning of the year will make a side that not fighting off relegation in the EPL.

In the 'nearish' future Kenwyne may be worthy of a Liverpool/Chelsea and all these teams that supposedly chasing after him, but right now, he would never be nothing more than a 3rd/cover striker on any of them. That is a fact of life.

- Dwight is going down the wrong side of the hill aven while his longevity is a testimony to his talent and work ethic

- Carlos has not yet proven his consistency/physical resistance, and most lucid people recognise that at 29 years old, his crossing ability is hardly going to improve.

At the risk of having certain people jumping down mih throat Stern may be lighting it up in the Championship once again, but he manifestly doesn't have what even middling EPL sides want in a main striker - call it bias/blight if you will - but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

So when man start to knock the *irish*  ::) nature of Sunderland and act like if playing a "trini style" would give we boys more place to shine , I could only do like BM and say "hawk ptoooie". Sunderland has a lot of shortcomings, but at least be consistent in yuh fight down...

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »
The better question is which team has the better Championship players?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
Well Well,it always promisses to be exciting on this board at times,one man say I ent understand finances with reference to the transfer window,another man say they had so many unfortunate injuries to key players richardson,edwards etc,but I say and this is my opinion of course,they though have a hill to climb is ah mountain with snow on it too,you see richardson football will always come under scrutiny, simply because he's selfish 99.9 percent of the time when attacking the goal,is he or nobody,why yuh think sir alex leh him go,now my beloved carlos ah wish him all the best in his road to recovery but an here meh out,I don't think he'll ever be the same carlos again,and that's from a physical standpoint,but yuh cyah put the faith of your team around one man,plus guys like higgenbottam,collins,wildman mcshane,halford,harte have to go back to school an learn how to trap ah ball and distribute with confidence,also I'm truly puzzle as to what role etuhu plays I'm certain he'll make a better first stopper,dean learch whitehead definitely a championship player only,grant leadbitter another selfish player with some decent touches at times but consistently inconsistent,liam miller good ball winner at times,tries to do the impossible not a very good passer and fades against strong opposition,dwight yorke maybe it's time to retire,I never see dwight look so timid of late,ah mean when he pick up the ball in middle he not even attacking the goal he look lost,goalkeeper gordon no comment,here's a couple bright spots wallace,jones,nosworthy,end of story,goodnight................................             

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »
it doh matter they both going down...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
the only reason I so touchy is that some of the same men who been crying down Sunderland quick to criticise every single player EXCEPT the trini on the squad. They ready to jump on men back when the 'ignorant' Sunderland fans make the slightest criticism of we WC heroes - and refuse to recognise that whatever the international and intrinsic value of our players - in their current form/state of development they playing at their level. None of our players on anything they have shown since the beginning of the year will make a side that not fighting off relegation in the EPL.

In the 'nearish' future Kenwyne may be worthy of a Liverpool/Chelsea and all these teams that supposedly chasing after him, but right now, he would never be nothing more than a 3rd/cover striker on any of them. That is a fact of life.

- Dwight is going down the wrong side of the hill aven while his longevity is a testimony to his talent and work ethic

- Carlos has not yet proven his consistency/physical resistance, and most lucid people recognise that at 29 years old, his crossing ability is hardly going to improve.

At the risk of having certain people jumping down mih throat Stern may be lighting it up in the Championship once again, but he manifestly doesn't have what even middling EPL sides want in a main striker - call it bias/blight if you will - but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

So when man start to knock the *irish*  ::) nature of Sunderland and act like if playing a "trini style" would give we boys more place to shine , I could only do like BM and say "hawk ptoooie". Sunderland has a lot of shortcomings, but at least be consistent in yuh fight down...
I think you're being unnecessarily defensive pardna.  Granted you did qualify your statements with "some"...I highly doubt anybody making it their business to come here and "cry down" or "fight down" Sunderland.  If anything men on here have gone out of their way to praise and support that team for no reason other than the fact that they have a disproportionate number of Trinis on the team. 

Speaking for myself, I have been critical of Sunderland from jump...to the point that some consider me a hater, as stupid as that is.  I have criticised their ugly style of play, criticised KJ's over-the-top celebrations, criticised Keane's penchant for seemingly speaking first and thinking second, but at the end of the day I want to see the team do well, and want success for both the Trinis and for Keane personally.  Simple fact though is that none on that team (save perhaps for KJ) has put his best foot forward...and whatever that best might be, whether Irish, whether Trini... it's still been found very wanting at this level.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »
anyway serious ting now allyuh see de beat Torres res on Darren Moore????? dat man is pure kaka for a central back

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »
Well Well,it always promisses to be exciting on this board at times,one man say I ent understand finances with reference to the transfer window,another man say they had so many unfortunate injuries to key players richardson,edwards etc,but I say and this is my opinion of course,they though have a hill to climb is ah mountain with snow on it too,you see richardson football will always come under scrutiny, simply because he's selfish 99.9 percent of the time when attacking the goal,is he or nobody,why yuh think sir alex leh him go,now my beloved carlos ah wish him all the best in his road to recovery but an here meh out,I don't think he'll ever be the same carlos again,and that's from a physical standpoint,but yuh cyah put the faith of your team around one man,plus guys like higgenbottam,collins,wildman mcshane,halford,harte have to go back to school an learn how to trap ah ball and distribute with confidence,also I'm truly puzzle as to what role etuhu plays I'm certain he'll make a better first stopper,dean learch whitehead definitely a championship player only,grant leadbitter another selfish player with some decent touches at times but consistently inconsistent,liam miller good ball winner at times,tries to do the impossible not a very good passer and fades against strong opposition,dwight yorke maybe it's time to retire,I never see dwight look so timid of late,ah mean when he pick up the ball in middle he not even attacking the goal he look lost,goalkeeper gordon no comment,here's a couple bright spots wallace,jones,nosworthy,end of story,goodnight................................             

you finally sounding like you trying to make a point and not grinding ah axe. I still doh agree with everything you say, but it a lot more easy to respect that than the vibes you were on before.

We will see how it boils down. If they go down I'll buy you a beer when ever I happen to be in Florida, if they stay up you will buy me one when next you pass through Paris :beermug: :devil:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:11 AM »

I think you're being unnecessarily defensive pardna.  Granted you did qualify your statements with "some"...I highly doubt anybody making it their business to come here and "cry down" or "fight down" Sunderland.  If anything men on here have gone out of their way to praise and support that team for no reason other than the fact that they have a disproportionate number of Trinis on the team. 

Speaking for myself, I have been critical of Sunderland from jump...to the point that some consider me a hater, as stupid as that is.  I have criticised their ugly style of play, criticised KJ's over-the-top celebrations, criticised Keane's penchant for seemingly speaking first and thinking second, but at the end of the day I want to see the team do well, and want success for both the Trinis and for Keane personally.  Simple fact though is that none on that team (save perhaps for KJ) has put his best foot forward...and whatever that best might be, whether Irish, whether Trini... it's still been found very wanting at this level.

Nah I know who I was talking about - and you wasn't one of them. I can't take issue with anything you said.

Anyhow, as I said, there's a big difference between constructive criticism and hovering like a buzzard. Just want certain people to ketch the nuance...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
that is poor house and hospital

but since sunderland beat derby and have double their points in the league go have to say sunderland

not to mention sunderland's injury bug
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
i serious...sunderland improving...watch de next 5 matches....and then allyuh could cuss meh
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
Not sure if one better than the other. What the records do show, is that getting to the Premiership is one thing, surviving is another. My take is, if we didn't have Trinis on that team, every man-jack would be saying that team is shitsnake. Personally I think keane may not be ready for premiership managing yet! But I'm just a fan  ;)

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »

you finally sounding like you trying to make a point and not grinding ah axe. I still doh agree with everything you say, but it a lot more easy to respect that than the vibes you were on before.

We will see how it boils down. If they go down I'll buy you a beer when ever I happen to be in Florida, if they stay up you will buy me one when next you pass through Paris :beermug: :devil:

As a matter of fact Paris is on our list come summer of next,gladly I'll hook up with you and buy you a case,of course I eh go leave yuh to drink it by yuhself ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Not sure if one better than the other. What the records do show, is that getting to the Premiership is one thing, surviving is another. My take is, if we didn't have Trinis on that team, every man-jack would be saying that team is shitsnake. Personally I think keane may not be ready for premiership managing yet! But I'm just a fan  ;)

To be honest, unless you have some personal interest in a  team (they from your region, you father use to support them, or one of your favourite players/compatriots on it) I doubt anyone on here would look lower than 5th on the premiership table to even DISCUSS if a team good or not.

As a matter of fact, outside of Fish's and his everton complex, I ent think one poster on here (english ones excepted) can declare themselves a supporter of any team outside the big 4), except when it had a Trini on it i.e. Shaka and West Ham, Portsmouth, Stern at Birmingham and now Sunderland.

As far as Keane goes, I suspect he has a lot to learn myself, (like his players) but the fact of the matter is that outside of 2 self admitted mistakes (playing players out of position and too soon against Everton and bringing back Carlos too soon) he has not made any glaring errors, at least not if you assume he's working with limited ressources to begin with.
We could all say what we want about him, but if the team as bad as some suggest, not even SAF, Wenger or Mourinho would be able to get much better out of them imo? So he may as well continue to take the chance that he earned by getting them out of the championship to begin with... We go count at the end of the season

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

Nah I know who I was talking about - and you wasn't one of them. I can't take issue with anything you said.

Anyhow, as I said, there's a big difference between constructive criticism and hovering like a buzzard. Just want certain people to ketch the nuance...
Lol@ "hovering like a buzzard".

Arrite, I hear yuh...I go juss hush mih ass and await de procession.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »

How much points they lose in controversy?  Not that they deserve those points but they were close to getting them so I don't think they too far off of grabbing some points.  Keane might have a tuff time attracting the personnel he need to keep them up...I eh too sure which positons exactly would make the biggest different if they got a few QUALITY players.  Keane might have to move as though those injured players won't be able to make meaningful contributions to keep them up considering there lengthy absence and relapse.

I see Gary Speed left Bolton and going down to the championship...he too old for a lateral move or what?  Didn't read the details of the timeline.  Who else they could tief....Piennar from Everton (I think Everton supposed to decide if to keep him).  Not sure if it have anybody on them big squads that want some regular playing time.  I hear Ronaldo might go back play in Brazil...maybe they could tief him   :devil:
Matthew Taylor from Portsmouth getting real bench this season too.

1]; } ?>