April 18, 2024, 12:30:15 PM

Author Topic: I really love Chelsea, but now I want to kill them says Mourinho  (Read 789 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
I really love Chelsea, but now I want to kill them says Mourinho
Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea he is out to 'kill' them as he talked of his managerial return.

The Special One made it clear he is ready to end his exile from the game and take charge of a top Spanish or Italian team this summer but the former Stamford Bridge boss went out of his way to talk of his love for Chelsea and how much he enjoyed England and the Premier League.

However, he revealed he is desperate for the chance to knock his former club out of Europe.
'I hope to play them next season in the Champions League,' he said. 'If I play them in the Champions League, I want to go there and kill them — that's my message.'

Mourinho was speaking about his future for the first time since his dramatic departure from Stamford Bridge last September and while he thought an immediate return to Premier League management unlikely, he went out of his way to say that there is nothing to stop it.

'I don't have it in my (Chelsea) contract what people wrote, that I couldn't work in England for the next two or four years. I can work in England if I want next season,' he said in a statement which may alert Liverpool.

'My house is in London. My friends are there and I want to go back and I will go back. But I analyse things. I believe my next club will be not in England. You never know but I don't see myself going next season.'

He denied any club had approached him yet. 'I don't lie, so let me get this straight. I don't have a club. I don't have a signature. There is no pre-contract, no verbal contract, no cowboy contract — nothing,' he said.

'Today is the first week in March. I have been linked with 10 clubs, but it is all lies. I am free to do anything, to make my own decision. I intend to prepare my future and make the best decision for me.'

All he would rule out was Germany because he does not speak the language. 'I don't ever see myself in a country where I don't dominate the language because of the way I coach,' he said. That leaves Portugal, Spain, Italy and England as possibilities.

Mourinho's sponsor adidas asked him to end his long absence from the commercial and sporting world to help launch a new coaching aid they are producing in conjunction with fellow Olympic sponsor Samsung. But his 45-minute contribution became a love letter to the club, league and country he so recently called home.

He said: 'I am not working any more in English football but I don't change my mind and I don't change my feelings. I don't hide that I was deeply in love with English football and I don't hide that I will be back.

'The fans in Britain don't miss me more than I miss them, for sure. Chelsea was a beautiful period of my career. I have so many great memories of England that even if I go, like I hope to go, to another football country, I will always be in love with England.'
He may be in love with English football but he has little time for Arsene Wenger. The pair famously fell out over the Christmas card sent to Wenger in December 2005 and their relationship has remained frosty ever since.

Mourinho added: 'Arsenal are a unique team: their coach hasn't won for years, but he's an idol. There are no pressures at Arsenal. But do not say he's growing young players into talents, because he takes jewels and polishes them, it's different. He has time to work in a serene atmosphere and get results.

'I respect AC Milan and Carlo Ancelotti but over the two matches Arsenal deserved to go through.'

He keeps closely in touch with Chelsea. Michael Ballack is building a beach house next to Mourinho's in Portugal. He spoke only last week with Roman Abramovich and chief executive Peter Kenyon.

'I was telling them that I wish them always good, wish them always to succeed, always to win.

'Frank Lampard is extraordinary, someone who can play all the matches in a season until he's 40. He's a bit like Maldini, year after year, he's always there.'

His love does not extend to his successor. Asked if he sympathised with the pressure Avram Grant is currently under, Mourinho said: 'I feel nothing for him and everything for the club. I left five months ago and you could not get a bad word from me about the club and you will not in the future, either.'

But does Grant have the leadership qualities for them to succeed? 'I don't know, you have to ask the players, the people who work with him, I don't know. I don't know the person and I don't like to speak when I don't know. But because I love that club and feel it is part of me, I want the club to succeed, so I hope he is good.'

Mourinho is missing the day-to-day involvement. 'I try not to think much about it because I miss it so much. When I think about training sessions, when I watch football on TV, I feel something. Hopefully, I can get the kind of club and project I have in mind.'

He dismissed criticism of the FA's decision to appoint a foreigner to manage England. 'I think they got the right man, the right coach, the right person. I admire him very much as coach but also as a person. England are in great hands. Fabio Capello must be the right person to push them in right direction.'

Mourinho even had his view on the 39th match. 'I'm so much in love with the English game and so much in love with Premiership that if I was in position to say yes or no, then we play every Premiership game in England. If they want to do something abroad, why not a Charity Shield in New York or a Carling Cup Final in Tokyo or Seoul?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=527790&in_page_id=1779&ct=5
I get the feeling he will return to Chelsea soon

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I really love Chelsea, but now I want to kill them says Mourinho
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 05:42:23 AM »
The Special One
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>