April 19, 2024, 04:41:34 PM

Author Topic: Terry Joseph Dead  (Read 1676 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Terry Joseph Dead
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »
Has anyone heard of his passing ???

For those who don't know him, he is/was a well known reporter of the arts/culture in Trinidad and Tobago, even the Caribbean. Wrote some steller pieces on some if not all of the icons of Trinidad and Tobago...(I'm sure others would contribute more about him)

Here is one
http://www.pantrinbago.com/BerylMcBernie2.htm

None of the online newspapers at home has changed to Thursday's news yet...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:08:43 PM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Terry Joseph
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
okay confirmed  :(....gosh

CULTURAL aficionado and writer Terry Joseph has died.

Joseph, 60, who had been battling with prostate cancer for the past year, passed away around 7 pm yesterday at Douglasville in Georgia, at his wife’s home.

Joseph, a father of one, served as a cultural, political and football adviser to Fifa vice-president Jack Warner.

In a telephone interview last night, a saddened Warner expressed shock at Joseph’s sudden passing.

“This has come as a shock to me because Terry never showed signs of giving up...He always had the will to live,” he said.

“I thought he could have struggled, but he gave up.”

Warner said he had accompanied Joseph to Korea recently for treatment, which lasted a month.

Two weeks ago, Warner said, Joseph returned to America, where his wife Laini Gilliam-Joseph lives.

Laini is a gynaecologist.

“He went back to America for additional treatment with the hope of getting better, because he was fighting for the past year,” Warner said.

He said Joseph deserved a grand send-off because he was known and loved by many.

“Whatever has to be done will be done,” Warner added.

Warner described Joseph as well loved.

Joseph spent his last days happy and in the company of family and friends, says his wife.

She said he knew he was going to die, and that’s why—despite feeling unwell—he insisted on travelling to the United States to be with her.

“It was our first Christmas in our new home in Douglasville, Georgia,” she said.

“We had Christmas dinner...it was nice and relaxing. We spent the day with family.

Gilliam-Joseph said her husband was scheduled to return to Trinidad tomorrow, but when she realised his condition had worsened she rescheduled his flight for next Friday.

In his final hours, she said, her husband mumbled a lot. He never complained of pains.

“I prayed with him. He did not want anyone in Trinidad to see his weaknesses. That’s why he came,” Gilliam-Joseph said.

She said Joseph had chemotherapy two weeks ago and “it was killing him.”

Joseph’s wife said she had noticed signs of his illness two years ago, during a social call at Warner’s house.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj ·

TrinInfinite

Re: Terry Joseph Dead
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
real sad news for the entertainment community, he was a real good writer... :beermug: God bless and condolences 2 his family...

God is de BOSS....

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »
Well, I grew reading Terry Joseph's articles in the Express. He was a skilful writer with many insightful articles and commentaries on the social and culutral scene in T&T. It is really unfortunate that he has passed. A distinguished son of the soil, he will be sorely missed.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28:12 PM »
he's not the one who wrote the trinidadian patois book in 2003?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:46:49 AM »
he's not the one who wrote the trinidadian patois book in 2003?
If yuh talking bout Cote ce Cote la, den is John Mendes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 08:40:37 AM »
Ah remember i bought this book when i was dong there in 2003...i forgot i had it in mi pocket and went to the sea with it...

1]; } ?>