April 26, 2024, 10:49:25 AM

Author Topic: Cyd Gray heading India.  (Read 16154 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray heading India.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »
MC....surely is a rhetorical question yuh asking ent ?

Anyway most of the small time leagues does start off so...with grandiose plans, then when the money start to rolll the JWs and dem does change up everything.  What India have going for them is the size of the population.  If only 2% take to supporting the league dey down score already.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »
man talkin about india, but india make the WC b4 i believe, when yuh talk 2 indians from the central to south, dey always played football, some even love football more than cricket, but after their good performances in the olympics it dwindled bc of crickets take off, i wouldnt b surprised if they produce a world class team in a decade that would dominate the asian region... the nation definately has the money and investors.. not to mention the amount of sweet woman cyd go be seeing  ;D

God is de BOSS...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »
MC....surely is a rhetorical question yuh asking ent ?

Anyway most of the small time leagues does start off so...with grandiose plans, then when the money start to rolll the JWs and dem does change up everything.  What India have going for them is the size of the population.  If only 2% take to supporting the league dey down score already.
all i know is we have a Latas, a Yorke, a Stern, a Carlos, a Kenwyne and countless others who have gone abroad and done well.
we have serious talent it this country.
and still we cant find out way to set up some serious plans like them doing.
Yes I am coverting my neighbours plans.
Can you imagine what it could do for our football if we were to set up and academy like that.  At this point I dont even care if Jack use the money he tief to pay for it jus so he can say he save TnT football, the pros outweigh the cons.
but we need to do something.

We going into SA2010, and if the coach call open tryouts,
everybody gets a shot,
everybody starting off equal:
Yorke and Latas making that team easy easy, and not based on name or past history.  Just off of skill and ability.
what does that say about our up and coming footballers?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
money is drive everything.

alll they have to do is start paying their national team plrs. big money & get a big time coach. then u go see european like  chopra, biseswar, the next dhorasoo and winter and all the other grapevine indian suddenly playing for india.

shit, maybe some of dem playing in de NFL or CFL go show up. iamgine one of dese boys in goal

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonchillar/profile?id=CHI591906
http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=130

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
Dont diss his move coz India football league has attracted quite a lot of foreign players from all over the world including Brazil.An Indian League team could possibly beat a TT football league selection,there is always something to learn,no matter what.In case you dont know football was the number one sport in India in the 50s,India even got to the finals of the Olympics and got the silver,I am not to sure but I think they also got bronze another time.There crowds are massive at club level and football is taking off in a big way.There is a football magazine called World Soccer it is very informative.Didn't India beat us in the 70s at the QPO.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
Since d story eh straigh at least I hope he get a trip to India at least. As 4 startin I eh feel so like man real like Seon Power etal in front ah d men who defend we and put we in Germany
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 11:39:29 AM »
The players in the I-league have decent technique but the speed of play is very slow. I can't pick out any players but some of the passing I've seen is impressive. It is not as physical as the Pro League.

From what I've seen that is

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »
The players in the I-league have decent technique but the speed of play is very slow. I can't pick out any players but some of the passing I've seen is impressive. It is not as physical as the Pro League.

Jah..you is a real peong

I catch some Indian ball in the past when they show the Asian roundup on Fox or every now and then on some world football special. Can't say much, except dem Brazilians does reach real far  ;D Physically the fellas don't look anything special (speed and strength). But that hard to judge from my sofa. But it look entertaining enough. Nice ball movement, plenty goals. And the fans turn up to support too.

Hope Cyd enjoy the experience

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 03:12:19 PM »
i league have a decent website with video.

http://www.indianfootball.com/specials/ileague/index.php

i wonder if they have ileague downloads for mih ipod or iphone.

plenty of their leading scorers either all foreign or from goa where they have portugese names.

12 GOALS   Odafe Onyeka Okolie (Churchill Brothers SC)

8 GOALS   Eduardo da Silva Escobar (JCT)

7 GOALS   Edmilson Marques Pardal (East Bengal Club)

6 GOALS   Mboyo Iyomi (Churchill Brothers SC)

5 GOALS   Baichung Bhutia (Mohun Bagan AC)
Felix Chimaokwu (Salgaocar SC)
Ranty Martins Soleye (Dempo SC)

4 GOALS   Chidi Edeh (Dempo SC)
Roberto Mendes Silva (Dempo SC)

3 GOALS   Wisdom Abbey (Viva Kerala)
Jose Ramirez Barreto (Mohun Bagan AC)
Nicolau Borges (Dempo SC)
Roberto Mendes Silva (Dempo SC)
Elijah Obagbemiro (Sporting Clube de Goa)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:14:34 PM by Andre »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »
India beat TT one game outta three back in 1983 or 84. It was a flukes win and won the remaining two games.

They then got cut ass from Guyana and Suriname.

India actually qualified for the WC back in the 50s playing BARE FOOT. FIFA said they had to play with shoes on, so the Indians didn't bother to go to the World Cup.

Peace,
VB
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:46:45 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »
Is he going to a 1st or 2nd division team.....if it's a 2nd could be a vast difference in quality...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
Forum member Strip play like 10 years as manager of East Bengal on Football Manager/Championship Manager... the club erect ah statue for him all kinda ting... so maybe he could bless we with de rundown of de I-league...

Strip run it...

I remember Dempo, Goa and Mohun Bagan as trouble sides....

Had a youth man tearing up name Shylo Malswam Tolunga...  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »

Jah..you is a real peong

I catch some Indian ball in the past when they show the Asian roundup on Fox or every now and then on some world football special. Can't say much, except dem Brazilians does reach real far  ;D Physically the fellas don't look anything special (speed and strength). But that hard to judge from my sofa. But it look entertaining enough. Nice ball movement, plenty goals. And the fans turn up to support too.

Hope Cyd enjoy the experience
Yeah, I think we shouldn't be underrate the League. We boy Cyd making a piece of money and is not like is glorified small goal he going and play.

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »
I feel that if India take football seriously, they go be a decent team.

Them have enough people, is jes de real big interest is in other sports.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2008, 07:29:33 AM »
Sam

I feel Sat Marraj is your cousin, anytime somebody remotely say something bout India you quick to jump on and play the race card.

Wham?

And Cro Cro is yuh mudda, Sugar Aloes is yuh father and Iwer George is yuh brother.....

PS: Who give a f00ck about India, I am Trini...... !!!!!! I just vext yuh dissing de country and yet they trying to help Cyd Gray out...... at least give them de respect they deserve dont bring down de club who took de man on a deal even when all them other big clubs didn't buy him.....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:50:06 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »
Pune FC website is up and running now

http://punefc.com/

Looks like Gray scored for them already (at least on a penalty shootout)  ;D

Kalinga Cup: 2008 - Report On The Quarter Final Match Played Against Vasco Sports Club, Goa
20/01/2008

1st half

Vasco made an effervescent start by making inroads inside our territory, but it was Emeka who had the first real chance in the 3rd minute when he took a shot at the goal of a cross from Hassan.
The exchanges were even up to 8th minute when Vasco were awarded a free kick in front of our box. The Brazilian Mid-Fielder who took the free kick shot wide of the target. Vasco came close again when they struck our upright in the 16th.
Sylvester had the flu and was replaced by Suman in the 44th minute.
The first half was all about the two defenses.

2nd half

During half time, Raman Singh was replaced by Abishek on the left wing. The contest was even during 2nd half.
Abhishek came close to clinching the game for us in the 81st minute; but his header was cleared of the line by their defender.
Vasco came close to stealing a victory in the 89th minute, when their left winger penetrated inside and took a crack at the goal, but Balaji dove full length to his left and made the save.
The goalless draw was evident and coach sent in Rakesh for James to take the penalties. At full time the score was 0 -0.

Penalties

Bungo missed the first penalty but Balaji made up for it with a spectacular save to even things at 0-0 after the first kick.
Cyd, Emeka, Rakesh and Hassan scored for us and at the end of 5 penalties we stood at 4-4 and went into sudden death.
Suman who took the first kick in the Sudden Death shot the ball wide of the Right Post. Vasco made no mistake with the 6th kick and won 5-4.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »
Eman u could find Hoffa remains. Thanks  4 d update
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »
Go Pune FC.... Cyd...bring ah team shirt fum meh nah
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

TrinInfinite

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »
thats a nice logo and jersey dey breds.... :beermug:

God is de BOSS....

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
Pune FC appoint former Irish World Cupper as coach
thaindian.com

February 18th, 2008 - 4:22 pm

Pune, Feb 18 (IANS) Newly formed Pune Football Club, which will be playing in the second division I-League, have appointed former Irish World Cupper Bernard McNally as its coach. McNally, 45, replaces Stewart Hall, who was in-charge of the Pune FC last year.

McNally represented Northern Ireland in the 1986 Mexico Olympics and he has more than two decades of experience in English professional football. The Irishman is not the only World Cupper in the Pune side as they have also signed up Caribbean defender Cyd Gray. Both the signings were completed last week.

Gray, 32, played for Trinidad and Tobago in the 2006 World Cup in Germany. These two appointments are surely going to bolster Pune FC’s chances in the second division league.

Among the few professional coaches with a UEFA Pro-Licence, McNally has worked with MAC Technical Skills and was responsible for the development of a comprehensive and technical skills programme at the Centre of Excellence - West Brom Albion.

“Coaching is about hard work, determination, and inspiration at the right moment. I believe this is a great time for Pune FC to make their mark and to accomplish this, our practice sessions are already on a roll and we are all set to play in the forthcoming second division I-League,” he was quoted as saying on the club’s website.

Pune along with Kolhapur will be the venues for the qualifier of the second division and the final round will be played in Guwahati. The draw of the second division will be made in New Delhi March 15.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:48:42 PM by vb »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
i still cyah get over this move. from the PFL to a division 2 new side in cricket country? i hope they paying gray well yes.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »
Don't worry
Just be happy for the brother,the man get a chance to play ball,out of season so to speak,I dont see how that could hurt his game,he getting a chance to see and participate in a different culture and broaden his horizons,rather than hagging around Trini and maybe getting shot..... :rotfl:....and that is real  and not a joke
At 31 how many opportunities will be coming his way,I say grasp it with both hands and go fly the colours,show them some Soca Warrior spirit

One thing do not comment on the Special Adviser....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 09:41:24 PM »
D man score

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Grey, the biggest signing in the I League?
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 03:28:49 PM »
Pune FC rope in World Cupper
Tue, Jan 15 01:51 AM

It was a guarded secret, so to say, with the team list presenting, among other names, one Cyd Gray in the launch of the Ashok Piramal Group-backed Pune FC.

Gray, incidentally, happens to be a 2006 FIFA World Cupper.

To many Cyd Gray was like any regular signing for the I-league. But a closer look revealed that Gray was part of the Trinidad and Tobago team in all three preliminary round matches of the finals in Germany. They registered a goalless draw against Sweden in their opening match, and held mighty England goalless for eighty minutes before losing 2-0. T&T lost their final match 0-2 to Paraguay.

Having roped in the services of the 32-year-old defender, Gray undoubtedly becomes biggest signing of the I-League so far. While details about his signing amount was unclear, it was given to understand that the Gray is on a five-month loan to the club.
Gray, as reports from T&T suggest, was one of the only two local-based World Cup players in T&T who did not secure a foreign contract and always wanted to go out. In March of 2007 Gray had one trial in England with Gillingham during Jabloteh's pre-season in which he returned empty handed, so when the Pune FC offer came along he grabbed it with open arms.

Gray, who was part of T&T Pro League Champions Clico San Juan Jabloteh (Kings) campaign in 2007 and signed for the 2008 season will showcase his worth during Pune FC's first assignment in the Kalinga Cup at Orissa on Thursday.

Gray, after getting his international transfer certificate, landed here on Friday and is yet to get into a full training.

It is learnt that Gray, unlike the rest of the players who would be travelling by train, will be flying to Orissa for Pune FC's assignment. As coach Andrew Hall put's it, "He's exhausted and I guess deserves rest."

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »
cyd vicious....all the best bro....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »
I heard that Cyd has sustained a serious injury. I'm still trying to get further details.
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
Lawd fadder what nowwwwwwwww

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
Thanks doc, keep us posted.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>